Stax O Wax DJ Productions Reviews

226 | Cary, IL

226 Reviews for Stax O Wax DJ Productions

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Jackie · Married on 07/26/2014

Our wedding was on July 26, 2014. Stax O Wax helped to make our day truly amazing! They played exactly what we asked for and more! As soon as the dance floor opened, it was flooded with people. Many people even stayed until the last song. We received many compliments on the music and how much fun guests had at our wedding. I loved how John even got out on the dance floor with us to demonstrate a few group dances for those who didn't know the steps; it definitely bumped up our guests' participation! The service was impeccable and John and Shawn were always checking in to see if we needed anything or to let us know when our special requests were going to be played so we wouldn't miss them. Their set-up looked great and they matched their main lights to one of our wedding colors. The volume of all the music was perfect, even during our outside ceremony, and especially during our cocktail hour when guests were able to enjoy the music but still converse with each other. I would definitely recommend Stax O Wax!!!

Sent on 07/30/2014

Our wedding was on 7-11-14! STAX O WAX was AWESOME!!!! They played exactly what we asked and more! As soon as the dance floor opened, it was flooded with people! Many were dancing until the last song. People are still commenting about the music and how much fun they had! The service was great... always checking in to see if we needed anything or let us know if a request we had was about to be played to be sure we were in the room to hear it and not out taking pictures. Their set-up looked great! The volume was perfect! Plenty loud to dance and sing to, but also allowed our guests at older tables to visit if they wanted without screaming over the music. If I was getting married tomorrow, I would use them again! THANKS STAX O WAX!!!

Sent on 07/22/2014

Katie · Married on 06/21/2014

We enjoyed working with Stax o Wax for our June 2014 wedding. Shawn was great in keeping the timing of everything in place while we were distracted with our guests. Our main goal in choosing a DJ was that the dance floor would be packed the whole night... and it was! It was a dance party to remember. They played all of the music we had requested prior to the evening. We would certainly recommend this company to anyone looking for a high-energy dance party.

Sent on 07/16/2014

meg · Married on 06/14/2014

When I was searching for vendors for my wedding I was very skeptical of everyone. Stax o wax exceeded my expectations in every way. They were very quick at responding to emails, they were very helpful in helping me to plan, and the night of could not have been better. Shawn kept me ontime which was ggreat because it was easy to get caught up talking. Once the dancing started I am not sure I ever sat down. I danced all night. Stax o wax definitely gave me the party I was looking for!! I would recommend them to everyone I know without fear.

Sent on 06/16/2014

chelsea · Married on 06/14/2014

I was doing a lot of research for a DJ while preparing for my wedding. I live in Atlanta, GA and the wedding took place in Chicago, IL. So, I had a lot of skepticism about choosing a DJ that I could only plan with over the phone. I found Stax O Wax during a daily Google search and this company really made the best sense for me. It was in my price range and Curt, our event DJ, was very understandable of my living and wedding location situation. Curt and his expertise were beyond my and my husband's expectations. He was prompt and very professional while also keeping our wedding reception fun and lively. I would most definitely recommend Curt/Stax O Wax for their services. Once and a lifetime service with great employees...

Sent on 06/25/2014

Grace · Married on 06/07/2014

Stax o wax did an amazing job at our reception! Shawn and John definitely got the party started. They were very professional yet knew how to have fun at the same time. Our dance floor was packed until the very end of our reception. We received many compliments from family and friends on how great the music selection was. We would definitely recommend stax o wax to everyone! Thanks again for making our reception one to remember!

Sent on 06/20/2014

Curt and Shawn were the absolute best! Not only are they kind, professional and funny. But they were understanding and patient throughout the whole planning process. A big worry when planning a wedding is wondering if your guests are going to get out of their seats and have fun. I can attest that everyone was on the dance floor from the moment the party started until it ended. So much so in fact, that even after the last song played guests stuck around hoping the music might start up again. Brides and grooms, these are the guys for you!

Sent on 05/29/2014

Laura · Married on 04/26/2014

Curt was so amazing! From the very beginning of planning he has been so helpful. I recieved so many compliments about Curt. He got everyone dancing! During the reception he would check in with me to make sure everything was going smoothly! My wedding reception was a blast because I had an amazing DJ!

Sent on 07/01/2014

Tracy · Married on 04/05/2014

Shawn and Curt were wonderful! From the beginning of the planning process, they were very responsive and more than helpful. They definitely know how to get a party started and keep everyone dancing all night long! We had multiple friends and family tell us our wedding was the most fun one they have ever been to and we owe a lot of that to Stax O Wax! Thanks Shawn and Curt of an amazing night!!

Sent on 04/07/2014

bridgette · Married on 03/22/2014

Normally, I’m the type of person to just read reviews; however, in this case, I felt it necessary to write one. Shawn was INCREDIBLE! We first spoke with him the Monday before our wedding. He did a fantastic job of walking us through what to expect that evening, asking us what we wanted, and providing us with the necessary insight from his experiences to make this the most memorable night of our lives. Then, when we met him at the reception, he was extremely kind, friendly, calm, and professional. He came and checked up on us from time to time, kept tabs on the time, and made sure everything went exactly as we wanted. AND, just as important as all of that, he put together the most excellent song set! Being a musician myself for many years, and putting together countless live shows, I can attest to how important the selection and flow of songs is to the energy, feel, and tone of the entire night. Shawn was spot on with the song selection and flow. The crowd was up and dancing the entire night, having the time of their lives. Some of our friends, who we spoke with two weeks later, said that this wedding was the most fun wedding they have ever been to, and would love to do it again every single weekend. Thank you for that Shawn! Without hesitation, I would recommend Shawn, and Stax o Wax, to every single individual I know who is getting married. Keep up the excellent work because you and your company helped to make our wedding the most special, and memorable day of our life. We can never thank you enough!

-Scott and Bridgette

Sent on 04/07/2014

Marilyn · Married on 01/25/2014

Shawn was great to work with, from the first phone call to the day of our wedding. He was very professional, gave us little "tips" throughout the evening so we wouldn't forget anything ( for example,reminding us to go from table to table to greet our guests). He played requests, and helped to make the event truly enjoyable for everyone.

Sent on 02/14/2014
  • User3801976 · 2+ years ago

Curt and Shawn were amazing to work with. From the moment we contacted them for information to the day of the wedding they were very professional and responsive to every request. Their website for adding your songs is easy to use and helped in planning every moment of our reception. They really got the party started and kept everyone dancing till the end. You need look no further for your Chicago area DJ.

Sent on 01/10/2014

Stephanie · Married on 12/20/2013

Stax O Wax was wonderful and I will direct my friends to use them in the future for their weddings. Curt patiently answered all of our questions as we planned our reception. He thoroughly reviewed all of the details of how the evening would flow and he gave great advice on what songs would make the dancing fun and continuous. He did a great job directing all of the activities at the reception and even took some great pictures that he posted quickly so we could start sharing them with family and friends. Thanks Stax O Wax.

Sent on 12/25/2013

April · Married on 09/28/2013

FABULOUS! Stax o Wax may not been the most scenic office but they are great at what they do! Any questions I had during the planning process I received a quick reply (usually within an hour or two), and Curt helped us pick songs everybody likes to dance to! He had the dance floor packed all night! He even handled a problem we had with the venue! Definitely worth our time!

Sent on 10/08/2013

Christina · Married on 09/14/2013

Don't waste your time doing your home work and looking up other DJs for your wedding. Stax O Wax is a must and we are SO happy we used them for our wedding this past Saturday. Curt and Shawn were always just an e-mail or phone call away whenever I had questions and were so quick to respond. We upgraded to have the lighted façade on our dance floor and it looked awesome with the rest of our room! Stax O Wax kept the night moving at a great pace and provided my husband and I wonderful tips of advice as we got closer to our wedding day. During our reception Curt was awesome about checking in with us, making sure everything was going how we wanted it and they did their job by keeping our dance floor packed all night. We wish we could do it again!

Sent on 09/18/2013

Kimberly · Married on 08/31/2013

We were lucky to have both Managers DJ our wedding and to provide the uplighting. They were quick to respond to any email or question I had during the planning period and they gave very detailed answers. They have an easy to use web-site planning form to help you plan and organize the wedding,....loved that!!! The week before the wedding, they finalized all the plans with us to make sure everything would go smoothly and perfectly. They even helped us map out a reception time line. During the reception, they checked with us periodically to see how things were going and if there was anything they could do. They even took pictures which was fun to see a few days after the wedding. Overall, they were fantastic and I cannot be happier with the reception music and lighting!!!

Sent on 09/03/2013

Krista · Married on 08/24/2013

We just had our wedding last Saturday. Curtis was our DJ and he is awesome!!! They made sure everything went smooth. The entire night they were at our beck and call. Our reception hall even messed up their dinners and they performed hungry ;) They go above and beyond. I would highly recommend them and will use them again in the future. Thanks guys.

Sent on 08/27/2013

Carly · Married on 08/24/2013

Stax O Wax was the DJ company for my now sister-in-law's wedding last December. Shawn did such a good job of getting everyone on the dance floor and "reading the crowd", that my husband and I guaranteed him for our own wedding. A few days before the wedding, he spent a good amount of time going over our song requests with me and asking questions. At the wedding, we received numerous comments from our guests saying how good the DJ was. The dance floor was packed the whole night. We are very happy we chose Stax O Wax for our DJ.

Sent on 09/05/2013
  • User1320893 · 2+ years ago

Stax o Wax was AMAZING! They were so helpful in making my reception a hit. They assisted in ideas and were fabulous with my guests. Every part of their transaction was simple and painless. I would suggest them for anyone and for any event. Fantastic people.

Sent on 09/20/2013

Kristin · Married on 06/01/2013

Wow! My husband and I couldn't have been more pleased with Stax O Wax DJ's! Our dance floor was packed all night due to the great music that was being played! Sean and John did a wonderful job communicating with us throughout the entire night and making sure that we were having the most magical night possible! I highly recommend them to anyone who wants to throw a great party!!! We couldn't have been happier! Thank you!

Sent on 06/03/2013

Emily · Married on 05/18/2013

Everything was absolutley WONDERFUL with Stax O Wax. From the very start to the very end. Both Curt & Shawn were so helpful with all of our planning, and responding to our million questions and requests we asked of them! We got the 2 star package, and everything looked amazing and 4 days before the wedding I needed a projector & screen and they were able to get it to me! Which was so awesome!! Everything worked out perfect. Curt ended up being our dj, and he's such a great professional dj who kept the crowd going. Everyone can not stop raving about how wonderful he was. I would recommend stax o wax over & over again! Thank you guys!

Sent on 05/21/2013

jennifer · Married on 04/27/2013

awesome job. was able to play some unknown songs for us that we loved. very very good at keeping the party going.

Sent on 04/30/2013

Patrice · Married on 04/13/2013

I loved these guys! They played exactly what we asked and did an amazing job. The lighting was beautiful. They kept the music going and the guests pumped up! The pictures they took are fabulous. I highly recommend them

Sent on 08/05/2013

Maggie · Married on 03/02/2013

Stax O wax was AMAZING. Use them and you will be giving them the same review I did - EXCELLENT! They even made non dancers dance. Including myself!

Sent on 03/08/2013

Shawn Peat was awesome to work with. Everything he did was about making my night easy, fun, and putting my husband and I in the spotlight. Our guests loved the music selection, and we got a lot of great feedback about Shawn. Stax O Wax is definitely something I'd recommend to friends in the future.

Sent on 01/01/2013