64 Reviews for Status Salon

Licensed (1)
Blowouts (1)
Haircuts (1)
Brow/Lash Tinting (1)

Where do I even begin with my experience with JD and her style team? Everything was PERFECT. There is no other way to describe it! JD worked with me to get everything booked incredibly quickly, was communicative as we finalized the contract and payments, assisted me with the day of timeline and schedule for all of my girls' services, and above all else made each and every one of us look INCREDIBLE.
JD & Samie arrived exactly on time the morning of, were set up super quickly (and very tolerant of my barking puppy!), and were so flexible in listening to each girls' desired style and making it happen. We also just had the best time chatting with them and joking around all day!
I have never seen all of my girlfriends so happy with their hair and makeup! Personally, my makeup held up through hours of photos and even more hours of dancing- my face still looked pretty dang good when I was heading to bed late in the morning hours!
No one can go wrong with JD and her team for their wedding day. :)

Profile Picture Erica, 7/21/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Fake Lashes, Updos/Styling

My entire wedding party was so pleased with JD and Elise's hair and makeup job! Everyone felt their absolute best and looked stunning. They were professional, but fun and made you feel at ease through everything. I felt absolutely safe to give them a little direction, and let them come up with the rest for our looks. They are in this industry for a reason...they are the BEST! If you want to look your best for your big day or any event, Status Salon will make you look and feel amazing! Thank you for making my bridal party even HOTTER!

Profile Picture Kimberly , 5/13/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

StatuSalon is topnotch and a one stop shop for hair and makeup! JD (the owner) is experienced and knowledgeable in all things beauty. She's been my go-to hair gal for over a year. She cuts and colors my hair beautifully and has styled my hair for formal events, helped color match extensions, etc. Literally helped me with all my hair needs! Her expertise is amazing and you can tell she's so passionate about her craft. She's even done my makeup before for a few occasions and it was stunning. Her eye for detail and color is phenomenal. I can't recommend StatuSalon and JD enough!

Profile Picture Adele, 3/2/18, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Loved my hair and makeup done by Elise at Status! Highly recommend working with this professional team for your big day!

Profile Picture Andrea, 9/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Blowouts, Hair Extensions, Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes

Great job on hair and make-up! Listened to requests and also made great suggestions! A pleasure to work with!

Profile Picture Kathleen, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I'm not sure where to begin............JD and Kathryn were beyond amazing!! We were all so impressed with their expertise, calm and reassuring demeanors, ability to listen to each and every one of us in order to provide the best hair and makeup experience!!! Their professionalism and ability to keep us "on schedule" was appreciated and allowed us all to feel relaxed and enjoy the day of pampering!! These two are beautiful inside and out - I can not imagine our day without them and I am so happy to recommend them to everyone I know!! Thank you JD and Kathryn from the bottom of my heart!!

Profile Picture Susan, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Couldn’t have asked for a better team than JD and Kathryn with Status Salon! They both are truly talented (but also so fun!) and there isn’t anyone else that I would trust to do my hair/makeup on my wedding day. We have even had guests (future brides!) reach out to us after the wedding regarding who we used for hair and makeup- I will never hesitate to recommend them!! Thank you JD and Kathryn from the bottom of my heart- you are truly THE BEST!

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I had such an awesome experience having Kelly Ketner do my makeup! She was so professional but still made it a fun experience. Not to mention my makeup turned out great! I will definitely use Status Salon for my future events!

Profile Picture Francesca, 9/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

My daughter was looking for a hair stylist to do her hair and her bridesmaids hair for her wedding. She liked ALL the photos from The Knot that she looked at and hired JD. As MOB, I too had my hair done. I have to say, JD does amazing things! I have somewhat fine, shoulder length hair. I showed JD a picture of what I wanted done for my daughter's wedding day which was a messy up-do with volume in the back. She made me look as if I had a lot more hair than I really do and was able to replicate the style I wanted. The bridesmaids hair looked beautiful and most importantly, my daughter's hair and style was absolutely gorgeous!

Profile Picture Jenny, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Look no further for exquisite hair and makeup artists, you have just found your artists! I just had my bridal trial run for my hair and makeup with JD, and I fell in love with what she created. Not only is JD professional and kind, her work product is simply amazing! JD took the inspiration photos that I had picked out and completely blew my expectations out of the water. The hairstyle that JD created was better than the inspiration photos that I had collected! I am so excited for my hair and makeup for the wedding, as I know it will be nothing shy of perfection. I cannot say enough great things about JD and her work. I know you will love her work as well, so just contact her and Status Salon already!

Profile Picture Janet, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Salon, Brow/Lash Tinting, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Hair Extensions, Updos/Styling

JD was an amazing communicator, and when planning a wedding and juggling multiple vendors, its SO refreshing to get prompt responses. We had Elise do our makeup for my wedding day and she was a dream. She finished ahead of schedule and then did touch ups. Last minute put some lashes on my sister and helped my mom, who has never worn makeup in her life, add a little something to make her feel special. I couldn't recommend them more to anyone looking to hair or makeup near or far!!

Profile Picture MARIE, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

JD did my hair & makeup for my maternity photos. She did an amazing job with both! Not only only is she great at what she does but she's so sweet & friendly. I would highly recommend JD.

Profile Picture Sommer, 6/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Wow, where to begin. Choosing Status Salon for my wedding was one of the best decisions I've ever made. The woman who was supposed to do my hair and make up cancelled on me so I was frantically contacting different stylists before I spoke with JD at Status Salon. She was unavailable on my wedding date but assured me that she would find the right stylists on her team to get me ready for my big day. I don't wear much make up, and I'm useless when it comes to styling my own hair, but I was also incredibly picky about how I wanted to look on my wedding day. When I met with Sammy and Elise for my trial run, they immediately put me at ease. First of all, they are so welcoming and sweet, and they genuinely make you feel special and beautiful. I showed them some photos from Pinterest to give them an idea of what I was looking for. Elise used the photos as inspiration but created her own unique style which turned out exactly how I wanted it. It was absolutely perfect. The same can be said for Sammy and how my make up turned out. I just gave her a couple general instructions as to what I wanted. She did her thing and again, it was exactly what I wanted. A trial run is supposed to be where you tweak your hair and make up and give them suggestions as to what you want changed. That was not necessary at all with Sammy and Elise. They nailed it on the first run. It goes without saying that everything was just as perfect on the day itself. They styled myself as well as my mom and bridesmaids and everyone looked absolutely stunning. I've truly never felt more beautiful in my life, and I cannot thank Sammy, Elise, and Status Salon enough for doing such a beautiful job. I cannot recommend them highly enough, and I will certainly use them again if I'm ever in need of professional hair and make up.

Profile Picture Megan, 6/10/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Jennifer did an awesome job on my hair and makeup for my engagement shoot! We had an extra long shoot, and it lasted beautifully the whole time! I definitely recommend her and will be using her for my wedding as well!

Profile Picture Kristel, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Contour Makeup, Hair, Makeup

Elise is the best! My bridesmaids and I looked better than imagined for my wedding this past March! You can't go wrong with status salon!

Profile Picture Donna, 3/25/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Hair, Makeup, Salon, Contour Makeup

I absolutely loved having JD do my hair and makeup for my wedding! I showed her pictures of what direction I wanted to go and let her do her thing. Everyone commented how beautiful I looked and I owe it all to JD. She was even able to bring in another makeup artist last minute to do my maid of honor and mother's makeup. I would definitely recommmend Status Salon to anyone wanting to look gorgeous!

Profile Picture Jameela, 2/24/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Kelly Huntze is fabulous! She did mine & my sister's make-up for a family member's wedding. She came out to our house before the Wedding and did both of our make-up. She even helped me with my hair! She did a great job, was fast & professional! She gave us make-up tips along the way! She's a sweetheart and I will use her again for my daughters wedding!!

Profile Picture Lena, 11/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

JD from Status Salon was a dream to work with for hair services for my wedding. She took my inspiration photos and made them a reality! All my bridesmaids looked beautiful and I know they had fun getting pampered on the day of. It was so fun and relaxing! My hair lasted until the very last song of the night and I could not have been happier.

We also used Kelly from Status for our makeup services and she did an amazing job as well. She knows her stuff and most importantly, how to make you look amazing in photos!! I'm just getting some pictures back and love how my makeup turned out. She truly made the day extra special and thought of the last detail.

Profile Picture Katy, 11/12/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Updos/Styling

After using Status Salon three times (for my bridal trial, engagement photos AND wedding day), I enthusiastically recommend JD and her team! She's like your therapist and stylist extraordinaire all in one. She and the other stylists go above and beyond to make the bride happy. First of all, their hair and makeup jobs were absolutely beautiful, for both my engagement and wedding shoots. I am not normally a glamorous person, but LOVE looking at my engagement and wedding photos after they worked their magic on me! They're also amazingly fast and efficient in doing this for the bride, without sacrificing the quality of their work.

But what really makes them stand out is how they put you at ease with their friendly and laidback demeanor. On my wedding day, I initially came in a bit of a foul mood. I was the usual nervous bride...not to mention, it was raining and I was disappointed about that. But, JD and Elise put me at ease and made me feel so much better. I absolutely LOVED my hair and makeup, which was even better than it was at the trial (and even my normally picky sister loved the hair and makeup job they did on her, as my maid of honor). The photos were beautiful and after looking at them, I lost any disappointment I had about the weather!

Not to mention, JD charges very reasonable rates, compared to other comparable services that I researched. I can't recommend her enough!

Profile Picture Christine, 10/14/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

JD did such a great job on me and my bridesmaids hair! This girl knows what she's doing. She is so talented and versed in all types of hair dos. I really love the boho-ish look with braids and lose curls and she knocked it out of the park. My bridesmaids also loved their hair! Jd sells vails for a very reasonable price... I bought a vail thru jd and it turned out looking great! cant wait until we get the pictures!

Profile Picture Mackenzie, 9/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

JD is amazing! I had my hairstylist from my hometown do my hair, but JD and Jill did makeup for me and wedding party and hair for everyone else. My makeup lasted all day, and JD carefully took into consideration the fact that I wanted to look special but at the same time was the most comfortable with a more natural look. Hair and makeup for everyone else also looked wonderful, and my seasoned bridesmaids all talked about how it was the best hair & makeup they'd had at any wedding before. Beyond her skill, JD was an amazing presence to have on your wedding morning; relaxing & calming yet fun. She was also extremely flexible with last minute changes and even gave me their lipgloss when I realized I forgot to get any. The most important thing you can do when getting married is surround yourself with good vendors, and I couldn't have been happier with my decision to have JD there.

Profile Picture Miriam, 8/6/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Fake Lashes

JD was fantastic! Not only was my hair and make up exactly how I was hoping, it lasted until the end of the night! I would refer JD to anyone who has an upcoming event, she is super sweet and also very professional. =)

Profile Picture Marina, 5/27/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Hair, Makeup, Salon, Fake Lashes

Rachael impressed me so much with my hair and makeup. Normally I would go with a separate hair and makeup artist but she wowed me with both...such amazing talent. Wedding days can be stressful but Rachael so was kind and comforting. I don't think I could have done it without her and I can't thank her enough for helping make me feel so beautiful on my wedding day.

Profile Picture User5268263, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

This review is long overdue but I wanted to make sure I properly thanked JD for her beautiful work on my wedding day! I hired JD and Kathryn from Bay Area Beautiful to do hair and make-up on myself, 3 bridesmaids, junior bridesmaid and mother of the bride. They were so kind and helpful in making sure my exact vision was achieved and wanted to make sure every person was happy with their look. Too often, bridesmaids suffer for the sake of the bride, but Kathryn and JD made everyone feel beautiful! I live in Hawaii so they accommodated my travel schedule and worked out a trial date for everyone. I had a minor panic attack about my own hair just before the wedding and JD was able fit me in for a second trial to make sure everything was JUST RIGHT. She is a godsend!

Mahalo nui loa ladies! You made my wedding dreams come true! xo

Profile Picture Jennifer, 5/13/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Hair Extensions, Updos/Styling, Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Fake Lashes