Station Identification Entertainment Reviews

101 Reviews for Station Identification Entertainment

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Bianca

Bianca · Married on 06/09/2018

We found Station Identification through a Wedding Expo and they also came recommended through our venue as well. They were absolutely amazing! From our initial meeting to the day of the wedding they were incredible. Stephanie helped us make sure that no detail went unnoticed, and Ryan and Fransico executed everything to complete perfection! They had our dance floor packed all night. They also have some great ice breakers and events that kept our guest entertained the entire time. We highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/17/2018

Jillian · Married on 04/22/2018

Could not have picked a better DJ! Robert was SO good about keeping in contact before the wedding - made sure we were on the same page and timeline. I spoke with Stephanie a lot as well, though she didn't do my wedding - but I know they are the same in their work ethic :) Robert was the perfect entertainer, says everything spot on. The way he did the bio entries for our bridal party people thought that Robert had met our bridal party before and knew them! (He even sang for one of our entrances - seriously goes the extra mile!)
    He kept the timeline spot on - consulted with us when we ended up behind from photography and worked with us to see how we wanted to go forward. He kept the party rolling - transitions songs beautifully, and there was never a dead moment.

We also booked the photobooth through Station Identification, and everyone loved it! Looked very professional, great photos, we were able to move the camera back and forward to fit more people in the picture, and got an album afterwards.

You pay a bit more for these guys, but I would say that every penny is worth it - you get what you pay for for sure! I don't regret anything from working with them.

Sent on 04/30/2018

Jamie · Married on 03/25/2018

Stephanie and Robert at Station Identification know their stuff! I had previously spoken to other DJs and just felt like I was getting a boxed package service for so many hours. When I met Stephanie at Station Identification I felt that their organization of not only the ceremony and reception music made my life incredibly easy. Their planning website gave me so many tips and recommended songs when I didn’t know where to start with certain dances (father/daughter). Their system of MC and DJ were perfect! My husband and I along with all of our guests had an amazing time. I was worried with a little bit of an older crowd (lots of family) that there wouldn’t be much dancing. I was completely wrong!! DJ Francisco kept everyone on their feet and my new Mother In Law danced all night!

Thank you for making my wedding an amazing night!!

Sent on 04/16/2018

Kristen · Married on 01/20/2018

Everyone knows that the DJ can make or break your wedding reception, and Station Identification exceeded our expectations in making our reception a blast! From our first consultation with them, we could tell that they had a lot of experience and knowledge about how to have a successful wedding reception. They took all of the guesswork out of it with their online event planner, online playlist creator, and their down-to-the-minute timeline that they created for us. Their icebreaker games were really fun for our guests and helped keep them entertained during the reception down times. And I was so thankful for the event coordinator they provided who helped things run smoothly and on time. We also rented SIE's uplights and they transformed the room! Especially during the dancing--they really livened up the room! And Robert was a wonderful DJ and entertainer--our dance floor was packed from beginning till end. I can't speak highly enough of the Station Identification team. Their professionalism, expertise, and talent truly made the whole experience easy, fun, and memorable. Once you meet with them, you'll be sold!

Sent on 03/08/2018

Kathryn · Married on 09/16/2017

My husband and I got married at Ponte Vineyard Inn in Temecula and cannot say enough amazing things about Robert, Stephanie, and the entire planning process. We were hooked from day one with their professionalism and many options. It's clear they've been doing this for awhile and have all the kinks worked out so you don't have to worry! They offered a ton of great suggestions from timelines to placements and how to insert fun, personalized moments throughout the day. Their music database was awesome, easy to use, and allowed me to plan and pick every song I wanted from getting ready to exit music. It even gave me suggestions when I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted. Our final planning call had to be done over the phone since I live in another state, but that didn't affect a thing. Robert guided me through the entire process and answered all my questions along the way. Compared to all my other final planning meetings, this one was hands down my favorite! Their organization is ridiculously amazing and made things exponentially easier for me. Our favorite part of the entire day was the personalized bridal party grand entrances and the Newlywed Game! You will definitely not be disappointed with their amazing service!

Sent on 10/27/2017
  • User5533129 · 1+ year ago

Love the fact it's customizable to your want and needs and the photo booth was amazing. They kept everything in order and the timeline going and it was just a blast to have them around. They played all great music

Sent on 09/26/2016

Christine · Married on 10/29/2016

Robert and his team know weddings! They were experts and were so helpful at not only providing great DJ services but making sure our timeline ran smoothly! We highly recommend them!

Sent on 12/29/2016

Phenomenal DJ. They played absolutely everything I asked for before hand and pretty much all the songs I put on my "love list". On the wedding day everything ran so smoothly, it was perfect. The energy was great and the guys really stick to the time line so the events of the evening stay on track. All the correct songs played beautifully during the ceremony as well and the timing was right on. Great service, would 100% recommend Station Identification! Thanks guys!

Sent on 12/28/2016

Elaine · Married on 10/15/2016

Working with Station Identification was a breeze. They are incredibly knowledgeable about wedding planning and give a lot of recommendation about how to plan out your day. We used them for both ceremony and reception package, and they were a lot of fun and incredibly professional, we got a lot of compliments from our guests.

Sent on 01/09/2017

Steve · Married on 10/08/2016

Wedding planning sucks, but thankfully there are Stephanie and Station Identification!

In planning a transcontinental wedding in Orange County from our East Coast home base, were were fortunate to find Station Identification to be our DJ-plus-plus. Stephanie made contact early, and kept in touch via Skype, as well as through electronic web forms that kept everyone up to date, even when plans changed nearly daily as the big day arrived. All this planning culminated in a minute-to-minute timeline supplied by Station Identification which made life tolerable for the wedding party and collaborating vendors.

Wedding itself went very smoothly. Guests were effusive with praise for the games, introductions, and other ice breakers at the reception. Skillwise, Stephanie kept the party dancing to the bitter end - a significant accomplishment given the jetlagged status of half the guests. On the technical side, sound was clear, and rented up lights were dynamic (and were certainly worth the outlay).

Don't plan to ever get married again, but would recommend these guys for anyone elses'.

Sent on 01/04/2017

Lauren · Married on 07/09/2016

Robert, Stephanie, and the whole SI team truly go above and beyond to make your special day worthwhile. They are professional, easy to get a long with, well-liked by other vendors, quick on their feet, and have a vision for your wedding ceremony and/or reception. People still tell my husband and I that our wedding was one of the best they've been to, and I know it is because of Station Identification's well organized and thoughtful itinerary and personalities. They've been in this business for over 20 years and clearly know what they are doing. They will put 110% into making your day special. You won't have to even worry or wonder "what's happening next?" "Where should I be?" "Are we on time?" Because Robert and his staff are ON IT! Hiring Station Identification was a no-brainer decision for us and I will recommend them to any future couple getting married.

Sent on 12/31/2016

Amanda · Married on 06/25/2016

I have nothing but positivity for Robert and his gang at station ID. Finding a good DJ was at the top of my list because I had been to so many weddings where nobody dances (boo!!). I wanted my wedding to be a fun time for everybody, especially considering most people were coming from out of town. Station ID was referred to me by not only my photographer but also two venues I toured. I immediately contacted him and set up an appointment. I loved how fun and personable Robert was. Even though he was a tad more expensive than some of the other DJs we talked with, we just knew after our meeting with him that he was totally going to be worth it. He's very organized and even meets with you a month before your wedding to review everything with you. On our actual wedding he kept the dance floor packed the whole night and kept the crowd entertained during dinner and that awkward time between dinner and dancing with fun games that our guests totally ate up. I might be biased, but I don't think there was a single dull part of our wedding because of Robert. I would recommend him again and again.

Sent on 10/10/2016

Julie · Married on 09/06/2015

My daughter got married in September of this year. After interviewing several DJs, we selected Station Identification (for both their DJ and photo booth services) for many reasons. They were professional, courteous, fun, and made the entire planning process very easy. They showed us videos of their work, along with a sample of their photo booth and props, had a comprehensive website that made it easy for my daughter and future son-in-law to select their wedding and receptionist music, had a wide variety of reception games to choose from, offered to coordinate with the other vendors, and also to work with the bride and groom to create the ideal wedding and reception agenda. This was particularly important since by daughter and son-in-law decided not to hire a wedding coordinator.

The day of the wedding, Robert and the other team members showed up on time, set up on time, helped coordinate with the other vendors, were very organized and did everything that they had promised us they would do. Throughout the wedding and reception, Robert made sure we were on track to accomplish everything we wanted to and in the most entertaining way, including the wedding party entrances, the toasts, first bride/groom and parent dances, the bride and groom Newlywed Game (was so much fun), a TV trivia icebreaker that the guests played, cutting the cake, honoring my aunt and uncle who have been married for 65 years, etc.. Robert made the reception run smoothly and ensured that all had a great time.

The DJ, along with the photographer, can make or break a wedding. My friends and family continue to talk about what fun they had and I believe we owe a great deal of the success to Robert and the rest of the team at Station Identification. I can see why they have been in business for so many years. My youngest daughter wants to hire them when she gets married. I would highly recommend them to anyone. They are the very best!!!

Sent on 11/11/2015

Megan · Married on 09/05/2015

We hired Station ID for our September 2015 wedding in Huntington Beach. Robert and the team were awesome. We booked them for DJ, uplighting and Photo Booth. Everyone was very professional and great to work with. Station ID has a great website for planning the event, but start figuring out the songs/info early... it's a lot. However, it really helped in the final planning process with Robert. The night of the wedding Robert was great even when we had to give him some last minute changes which he was great with. The photo booth stayed later than what we had paid for without any extra charge. Our wedding day was very long (noon ceremony and reception over at midnight) and I doubted people would be dancing until the end, I was wrong. Robert had the dance floor going all night. The icebreakers were great! Our guests loved them. If we had any other parties in the future we would book them. I know of at least one guest at my wedding already booked them for their wedding in 2016.

Sent on 01/03/2016

Nadine · Married on 07/25/2015

Your DJ is almost single-handedly responsible for the mood of your guests at your wedding -- whether they have a blast or walk away thinking it was "just another wedding". Stephanie stressed to us from the beginning that you have to build your guests' energy throughout the night to keep them enjoying themselves. She was definitely right. We did the newlywed game, which was a really fun, unique, quick way to do something a little different and get everyone laughing and engaged. I also really liked how she did the centerpiece giveaway. It was so hilarious to see all our family and friends -- including the young men -- get so excited over winning a flower arrangement! If you're skeptical about the icebreakers, don't be. The icebreakers don't play out like the stereotypical DJ trying to be the center of attention. They were classy, subtle, and had the intended effect of getting everyone engaged.

One of our main priorities was that everyone feel included in the dancing. I think a lot of DJs just play the current hits, which a lot of people don't necessarily enjoy. But, we also didn't want only oldies either. On top of that, my husband and I really enjoy salsa and a variety of Latin music, which a lot of our guests are not as into. I don't know how she did it, but Stephanie managed to incorporate all these genre requests AND kept EVERYONE dancing the whole time. Everyone had such a blast -- my husband and I included!

Lastly, Stephanie was invaluable in terms of her organization and management. We planned our wedding remotely, and their video conferencing system plus their online planning tools made the process very painless. The day of, Stephanie doubled as our manager. She and Ryan kept things moving along when necessary, but were also very flexible. Knowing they were running things, I didn't have to worry about timing, and neither did anyone in my family. I cannot recommend them enough!

Sent on 08/22/2015

Christine · Married on 10/12/2014

During the planning process, I interviewed a few DJ's but was immediately sold after talking to Robert at Station Identification. There was no doubt in my mind he was the perfect DJ for us. I'm a highly organized person and am very particular about who I was going to hire for such an important event. The DJ is one of the most important vendors you can book for a wedding. So I was very impressed when he showed us all his online planners and processes when he books an event.

He DJ'd our wedding this past weekend and was on point the entire time. We were drawn to his fun twist on how he runs the night and his games were a HUGE hit! We had guests coming up to us afterwards or posting on Facebook "Best Wedding EVER!" He truly made the night feel special. He was able to help us keep to tradition, but throw a few curve balls at our crowd to keep them on their feet, but never taking them too far outside their comfort zone.

They were highly organized throughout the planning process and never failed to communicate with me when needed. They were always quick to reply when I needed to contact them. They were professional but not dull or boring....our wedding was everything we hoped it would be and more.

I would use their DJ services again without question. Highly recommend to anyone who is looking for a fun DJ and one who knows how to leave guests with a great memory of the evening.

Sent on 10/15/2014

Bree · Married on 07/19/2014

I wish I could give more stars! My husband and I got married in Big Bear July 18th, 2015, Station Identification traveled to us with no extra charge. Our venue was my in law's ranch, all outdoor and guess what? It poured, full on thunderstorm thanks to Hurricane Dolores. We had to make so many changes and adjustments and these guys just rolled with it. They made the entire night stress free when it could have been a complete and total disaster. A huge thank you to Stephanie, Crystal, and Ryan who dealt with a 2+ hour drive up a mountain, thunder, lightning, torrential down pour, mud, and everything else and still ended up giving us and our guests a night that can never be forgotten. PS book their photo booth, it's so much fun!

Sent on 07/25/2015

Ashley · Married on 06/28/2014

So we originally booked station identification because we had such a great time at another wedding we attended, and we realized it was ALL because of the DJ. After attending several weddings, I realize that the DJ makes your wedding and the DJ and the Photographer is the most important money you're going to spend on anything. My husband and I are 25 years old, and we had a lot of other people our age at our wedding, and let me tell you DJ Blake had the dance floor packed the ENTIRE night. I've been told countless times I had the best wedding ever, and so much fun, and I can honestly say its because of Station Identification. They are not just a DJ service. They have a coordinator during your reception telling you "its time to cut cake," "it's time for the garter toss," and so on...Also they made my life 10 million times easier because they have an online wedding planner form that helps you organize EVERYTHING, not just your songs, but also minimal things like where your gift table will go, and they save your information and send it to ALL your vendors so everyone is on the same page. They were not just my DJ, they were my wedding help, coordinator, and entertainment. I took a moment to look at my guests while the ice breakers were going on, and how every adult turned into a child laughing and having a great time. I would recommend them to ANY and every bride. I would of truly been lost with out them! Everything went over smoothly and was EXACTLY what I wanted. If you want to have a good time and dance and laugh at your wedding, get DJ Blake! The only thing I can say is that their website took some time to figure out, its kind of confusing, but once you get the hang of it, you're a pro.

Sent on 08/17/2014

stephanie · Married on 04/12/2014

This Dj company is amazing! they may be a litttle more expensive than some others but definitlye worth the money. they made our event so much fun! they are very professional and organized. have an amazing website for you to fill out information so they can make your event exactly how you've picutred it. they also have unique ways to keep your guests entertained. our guests had a great time and majority of them were still there dancing at the end!

Sent on 04/26/2014
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 02/07/2014

Where do I start? Robert and Stephanie Poff have perfected their business down to the last detail!! We scheduled an appointment and booked the day of!

We utilized a variety of their services, such as: Rehearsal dinner run-through, Ceremony music & microphones, DJ/Emcee, and the incredible Photo Booth.

Robert was our DJ for our wedding and he did an AMAZING job. The games they incorporated really helped keep our guests active and interested where it would normally be a dull, downtime. They kept everything running smoothly and had all the events lined up in such amazing detail. The lighting REALLY brought our room together and made it so beautiful. The Photo Booth was HUGE and comes with a scrapbook with a copy of all the photo strips taken throughout the event. Great props and tons of backdrop colors to choose from!

The entire experience with Station Identification was so easy, they really make it seem effortless. The client database is such a genius tool to help keep us organized. Not one detail could possibly be forgotten. Questions are answered within 24 hours and their entire team is so professional. For all of the services we booked with them, we couldn't have asked for better pricing! Best money we've ever spent!! THANK YOU STATION IDENTIFICATION for making our wedding a night we will never forget. Our guests had a blast!!!!

Sent on 02/14/2014

Troy and Crystal · Married on 11/14/2013

Our wedding would not have been the same without using Station Identification. Honestly, looking back it was the best decision we made. We opted to not have a wedding planner, and Station Identification was so organized and professional that they acted as our guide and coordinator the whole time. The music was fantastic, their equipment and staff is top notch and they were up to do anything we wanted (or not wanted! =P). I can't say enough about them. They are very detail oriented which really really helps couples without a clue. The icebreaker games were the icing on the cake that made our wedding spectacular!

Sent on 01/03/2014

Kammy · Married on 11/03/2013

Station Identification was amazing! I really don't know how our wedding would have went without them! They come has a team (yes, two for the price of one) and provide not only the music and entertainment to keep the party going, but they make certain that everything stays on track, including the groom and your wondering bridal party. People keep telling me they haven't been so entertained or impressed by a wedding DJ- I just say that's because they offer way more than just to play music and make some announcements. I loved there planning website and their commitment to making sure I was happy. They also did my lighting and it was phenomenal and really set the mood! Robert went to my wedding site, unbeknown to me, to ensure we had enough lighting to make my vision come to life. Station Identification really was like having a day of coordinator!

Sent on 01/23/2014

Our venue booked Station Identification as part of our package (thus, we can't really comment on value), and we were absolutely thrilled with them! We got countless compliments from our guests about the games Robert came up with. We were afraid some of the games might be too silly for our crowd, but they weren't at all!! Everyone raved about them and had so much fun! We did the newlywed game and a centerpiece giveaway, as well as grand entrances.

Robert guided us through the whole process of planning the night, including a detailed schedule to make sure things stayed on track. And through the magic of Robert and his phenomenal assistant, we stayed on schedule without our having to worry about a thing on the day of. Using their extensive and well-organized database, we were able to select songs for our Must Play, Requests, and a Do Not Play lists, plus genres for cocktail hour music, ceremony songs, etc.

Plus, Robert guided us through creating grand entrance bios and selecting surprise songs for each person, which was one of our favorite parts of the entire wedding, and our guests loved it too! Robert also provided helpful advice about how to keep the fun going so that people have a great time throughout the reception. Overall, we would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 02/13/2014

Cindy and Chih · Married on 09/07/2013

Station Identification is definitely the company to choose it you would like your event to be “without the cheese.” From our first meeting until the day of our wedding, Robert made sure that every detail was discussed and coordinated with everyone. We also went with the lighting and the photo booth services. Robert was great in planning out the perfect amount of lighting needed for our reception. Our guests had really enjoyed with the ice breaker games, range of music, and of course, dancing! They also had a blast with the photo booth. Two thumbs up for Station Identification!!!

Sent on 10/08/2013

Alicia · Married on 09/01/2013

We met some of the Station ID team for the first time at the wedding food tasting event held by our venue, SeaCliff Country Club (Huntington Beach). They sounded good so we scheduled a meeting with Stephanie to find out more about their services and get some pricing. During that meeting, it was clear that we needed to hire Station Identification so we booked them that night as well as their photobooth. All interactions that we had with Stephanie and the rest of the team were very professional with quick responses to any questions that we had. Their online planner helped us organize our wedding day (ceremony and reception):
    -music while the guests were finding seats, songs for seating of parents & grandparents, procession of wedding party, my entrance, moments throughout the ceremony where we wanted songs and recessional music
    -details on the ceremony with bridesmaids, groomsmen, officiant & reader names
    -wedding party reception entrance bios & songs
    -reception event details (first dance song, father/daughter song, mother/son song, cake cutting song, bouquet toss song, garter toss song, etc)
    -signature ice breaker selection & details
    -songs that we wanted played during the reception and those that we absolutely didn't want played during the night
    -genres that we preferred and those that we didn't like much

From the online planner, Station ID developed a detailed minute-by-minute schedule that showed us how the night was planned. This not only helped determine whether we wanted to add extra hours to our event but also helped us determine what events we wanted to keep or ditch to give us more dancing time. It also kept our night going smooth and on time. On the wedding day, Stephanie and Ryan made sure that everything was perfect! Ryan was with us while we took pictures/videos after the ceremony to keep us on time and he also helped carry some photo props and help with other random things that definitely weren't included in his "Entertainment" job description but hel

Sent on 09/28/2013