State Room: A Longwood Venue Reviews

64 | Boston, MA

64 Reviews for State Room: A Longwood Venue

Michelle · Married on 06/03/2012

Best wedding ever! They take care if everything for you and ensure it all runs smoothly

Sent on 06/22/2012

Marla · Married on 05/12/2012

The State Room was a fabulous pick! Our planner , Maggie, was a sweetheart and had everything covered. Our guests raved of the fabulous view and of the food. We were pleased with how they thought of every detail and held our hand along the way.

Sent on 06/27/2012

Heather · Married on 07/19/2008

My planner there was very easy to work with. Just an FYI... they don't let people take off their shoes so throughout the night someone was walking around making sure that everyone had their shoes on. I thought that this was strange,. The food was amazing, and you can't beat the view in the Great Room.

Sent on 08/28/2008

Ashley · Married on 06/07/2008

My wedding and reception at The State Room was perfect! I Loved every moment of it and the staff did a fantastic job.

Sent on 01/30/2009

Samantha · Married on 04/12/2008

We had a wonderful experience with the State room. The statement that you get what you pay for is totally true with the State Room. The food was fabulous the staff wonderful and the service over the top. You can't go wrong with the state room. If you can swing it I would say go for it. The State room is absolutely worth it.

Sent on 07/06/2008

Vanessa · Married on 08/15/2005

People are still talking about our wedding as having the most breathtaking reception they have ever been a part of! We fell in love with it right away and still to this day have such fond memories of our wedding that we are so happy we decided to go with our heart and book this venue! The food and service were unbelieveable and the experience - exceptional.

Sent on 07/28/2008

Molly · Married on 08/25/2017

I loved working with everyone involved in my weeding planning. Lauren Pastore, was such a key piece to an amazing night at our reception. She's very knowledgeable and was very prompt at getting back at me. I had so many changes and at times I'm sure probably annoying in terms of making final decisions as well as meeting deadlines, however she was a true friend guiding me every step of the way!! I had the most outstanding experience with truly everyone involved in making my dream reception come to life.

Sent on 10/30/2017

Michelle · Married on 08/06/2016

There is only one 5-star, premiere wedding venue in Boston as far as I am concerned, and it is the State Room. From the incredible view unlike any other, to the quality of the food and impeccable service, this is the place for an unforgettable wedding. Our wedding specialist was fantastic from the first meeting all the way through to the last wave out the door at midnight on the wedding day. She was helpful, extremely knowledgeable, a great listener, and a true professional. We wanted a Boston, black tie, society wedding with all the bells and whistles, and our dream was realized. Everything exceeded all expectations. The day-of food and service managers, bartenders, and all wait staff were amazing! Everyone always says something goes wrong at a wedding, but nothing did! The timeline was met and all execution was flawless. We are "foodies" and are demanding on taste and presentation of all cuisine. Every guest has been commenting even now after the event about the incredible food and artistic display. I totally understand the State Room may not be in everyone's budget, but if you can do it, I have to say, you and your guests will have an incredible, unforgettable memory for the rest of your lives. We cannot thank everyone at Longwood Venues enough for making our special day all the more memorable and magical.

Sent on 09/27/2016

Lovely view, phenomenal staff, kept things moving well. Fabulous caterer. The only hitch was that they forgot to serve one table champagne - overall very minor!

Sent on 09/11/2013

Richard · Married on 04/17/2010

We had our wedding Saturday 4/17/10 in the Great Room at the Stateroom. All of the vendors they recommended were superb. David our event planner was on hand the whole evening and let us just have fun. It was a night we will never forget and it could not have went any better.

Sent on 04/19/2010

Laura · Married on 07/12/2008

All I can say is it was amazing!!!!!! Excelent place to have your reception / wedding. Did a fantastic job, thank you!!

Sent on 10/24/2008
  • Olivia

Olivia · Married on 11/01/2019

Beautiful venue

You get what you pay for! A beautiful view and excellent service. No complaints here. Many guests have told me how amazing dinner was and how that’s unusual as most dinners are cold and bland, the States room chef is fantadtic. Brittany is an awesome coordinator. She is very responsive and day of she is calm and makes sure your day is perfect.

Sent on 01/05/2020

State Room: A Longwood Venue's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review, Olivia. We consider ourselves to be foodies and love hearing that your guests enjoyed their meal. Thank you for sharing your photos with us. Your day was stunning.
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 04/13/2019

Get the views without the weather stress!

The State Room was the exact venue we imagined. We visited 10+ venues in the greater Boston area knowing that we wanted an indoor venue with beautiful views of either the water or the city-scape. We did our due diligence but once we saw the State Room, we knew it was the one. As others have stated, the views are unmatched. Their professionalism through the sales process, gave us 100% confidence we were in good hands up to and through our wedding day. Another deciding factor was that the cost fell into our perfect median in comparison to venues of the same measure. The reason for this positive review is because of the follow-through to achieve our dream wedding. No detail was left uncovered.

Food was very important to us, and the menu and the quality of the food is again unmatched in comparison to other venues and is on par with great restaurants around Boston. We loved it at the tasting, but what is most impressive was their ability to execute for a reception of 175 guests, with the same excellent presentation and taste.

Our coordinator, Amanda was not only a get-shit-done kind of gal which I appreciated, but was also organized, responsive to my emails (which there were a lot) and I always felt that we were on the same page in terms of style and delivery. The wedding day was the culmination of our hard work.

The food was great, the views were breathtaking, and the event design was just as my Pinterest page had pictured. Amanda was solution-oriented for all my desires without breaking the bank. For example, their in-house tables chairs and linens worked well in the space, where I was able to reallocate budget to some of the other decor items. She guided me towards where best to spend the money. I know my guests were blown away.

Sent on 10/16/2019

State Room: A Longwood Venue's reply:

Wow, Lindsay! Thank you for sharing all of those beautiful photos. We are thrilled to hear that your day was everything you hoped it would be. Our team loved sharing this milestone with you.

Nikita · Married on 04/27/2018

We had a phenomenal experience working with the State Room for our wedding this spring! Our coordinator, Kristen, was so accommodating and really took the time to make sure every detail we prioritized came to life during our event. We served the Indian Fusion menu, and we were originally skeptical about the kitchen's ability to execute Indian food for a primarily Indian event. When we went in for the tasting, we were blown away (our parents were, too!), and we got tons of rave reviews about the food at the wedding. The bridal attendant (whose services are included as part of your booking) was actually amazing to have. She made sure we (the couple) got a chance to taste all of the food, directed us to where we needed to be, and helped corral our belongings at the end of the night. We were planning on outdoor photos before the reception, but the weather really didn't cooperate, so they let us come in early during setup and take our wedding party portraits in the venue!
    Also, we brought in a ton of personal items (napkins, tablecloths, decorative pillows, etc) to help personalize the space at a slightly cheaper cost, and the venue was amazing at letting us drop them off and positioning them where they needed to be. I'm a pretty organized and detail-oriented person, so I wasn't sure that I needed all the planning services that the State Room provides, but I'm so glad we chose to work with this team and host our wedding reception here. They really helped provide an evening we'll never forget!

Sent on 05/15/2018

State Room: A Longwood Venue's reply:

Thank you for the great review, Nikita! Enjoy your lives together as a married couple!

Meghan · Married on 10/11/2015

We had our fall wedding at the State Room and couldn’t have been happier. We lucked out and had gorgeous weather on our wedding day, and our guests are still talking about the breathtaking sunset views during our cocktail hour. The entire team at the State Room was extremely friendly, responsive, and accommodating. We had great experiences during the tasting and walk through and our wedding planner thought of every detail and coordinated effectively with all of our outside vendors. Our attendant the night of our wedding was also extremely accommodating and checked in with my husband and me continually to see if we needed anything. The State Room is a stunning venue for a Boston wedding!

Sent on 04/06/2016

kristin · Married on 10/17/2014

Amanda and Sarah were very helpful throughout the whole planning process. Having planned the wedding remotely from Las Vegas, they made it a smooth journey to the day of. The venue is exceptionally amazing to begin with, but the night of it was beyond our expectations in every way. The view, the staff, the food... speechless!

Sent on 11/05/2014
  • Jordan

Jordan · Married on 01/20/2013

We had our January 20th wedding at the State Room and my fiance and I, as well as our guests, cannot stop talking about this night- seriously!! It was like something out of a movie!! We looked all over the city of Boston for a wedding venue and not a single place compared to the State Room, we knew we had to get married there. It is such a unique venue and the view is SPECTACULAR. If you have not seen the State Room in person, go!!! The pictures do not do it justice. Additionally, the service cannot be beaten. We worked with Sarah Petermann who was a dream of a wedding coordinator; she was on top of everything, super organized, and gave us great advice regarding our wedding. I seriously did not worry about a thing because I knew we were in great hands. The night of the wedding was the most incredible night of my life; the room looked amazing, the food was outstanding, and they had all the wedding professionals communicating via walkie-talkies (yes, I am serious) so that the night ran smoothly. They knew at all times where everyone was and needed to be, which made me happy since I didn't have to worry about accidentally running into my groom before the wedding or finding family members for pictures. Oh, and the bridal suite is huge! The only drawback to this place is the cost, it is very pricey. But you get what you pay for. We paid for the whole wedding ourselves (and I am a teacher), and I STILL think it was worth it. We had so many guests come up to us and say it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever been to, they couldn't believe how good the food was, and much more. Worth.Every.Cent.

Sent on 02/01/2013

Arianna · Married on 06/16/2012

Beautiful Beautiful Beautiful!!!! plus you get an on site coordinator to help you through the entire wedding process.

Sent on 07/03/2012

rachel · Married on 09/06/2009

We worked with David at the State Room and everything there was terrific. People couldn't get over the view and the quality of the food, wine, and ambience. Truly an A+ event.

Sent on 09/22/2009

Alexandra · Married on 09/04/2016

The State Room is by far the most beautiful venue we have been to and seen! We loved it and it was such a special backdrop to get married in. We did the ceremony and reception in the great room and the cocktail hour in the Cityview and Harborview rooms. We had a HUGE wedding (300+ guests) and they were totally accommodating and made it work so that everyone was comfortable and happy.

We worked with Carolyn, who was really nice, very helpful and honest with us when giving us advice, which was greatly appreciated. She and Jackie made sure we didn't need anything the night of, and everything ran very smoothly. The whole staff was very helpful and professional and our experience was great starting with the booking process with Eleni and going through until our event.

The food was amazing and we heard great things from our guests. The only comment I have about food was that we were only able to try 2 entrees during our tasting. We knew we wanted two choices for guests, but when we didn't love one of the two we tried, we had to pick an alternative without ever having tasted it. It ended up being delicious, but it was a risk.

Otherwise, everything was great and we would highly recommend the venue!!

Sent on 11/17/2016

If you are getting married in Boston, The State Room is one of the best venues in town. We looked at about 15 venues in Boston and immediately fell in love with The State Room. The views speak for themselves and the quality of staff is impressive. Courtney Haskell was our wedding coordinator and she was phenomenal from start to finish. We got married in the smaller room, Harborside, which we would highly recommend if you have a guest count of 150 or less. It has a more intimate feeling and you save a little money - granted you miss out on the spectacular view of the clock tower, but the views from Harborside are just as nice. We were not sure how the food would turn out since some people told us that you are predominately paying for the views, but all of our guests raved about the entrees. The day of the wedding was seamless because the State Room staff is such a well oiled machine! 5+ stars all-around!

Sent on 04/22/2014

Betty · Married on 07/23/2011

My husband and I absolutely LOVED the State Room - Harborside Salon when we first visited the place and new it was the perfect place to hold our reception. The venue is absolutely breathtaking - view of the Boston Harbor and Faneuil Hall from the 33rd floor and a classy interior with hard-wood floors and neutral tones. The State Room is one of the most expensive venues in the area but we were able to negotiate slightly to meet out budget, but in the end, you are paying for nearly all-inclusive, seamless service and it is worth the investment. Catering, tables, (nice) chairs and linens, table numbers, desserts &/or cake are all organized by the on-site coordinator. The on-site event specialist that we worked with Erica Phillips who was wonderful and very responsive to of our inquiries, very quick to respond to our emails, and communicated with our other vendors. So many compliments from our guests about the beauty of the place and the professionalism of the staff at our reception!! Only mistake that was made was that three of the table numbers were mixed up unfortunately. Perfect space for 100 guests (11 tables). I should also mention that Jackie was our compimentary bridal attendant and she was fantastic, brining us appetizers to our bridal suite, making sure my fiance and my champagne glasses were always full and reminding us to eat. She even help to pack up our toasting flutes, cake knife/server and other things that we brought. It was really perfect place to hold our wedding reception.

Sent on 07/24/2011

kristine · Married on 06/15/2019

The wedding of our dreams

We had the most amazing wedding. It went better than we could have imagined and still feels like it was all a dream. The State Room / Longwood are in the business of weddings and it shows, everything ran so smoothly. Our day of venue coordinator Carolyn Longden was super friendly, answered all my questions during the tasting/planning meeting and made sure everything was perfect on the day. Sure it's one of the more expensive venues in the city...but come on, that view ! We're still receiving lots of compliments on the food which is great! The cocktail apps were substantive and the menu is quite good. There is only one bar set up though, so the lines during cocktail hour were a bit long (even with 2 bartenders) which I was concerned about in advance, but I suppose it is not atypical for any wedding. They take care of so much, that it feels like you're hardly planing anything. It's almost too easy. I think this made me a bit unsettled during the process, I didn't know if we should be talking more, when do we need to meet to plan, etc. However I felt so much better after the tasting / our planning meeting (about 5 months before the event). Carolyn was super detailed, answered all my questions made great recommendations, brought in linens and chair samples, helped coordinate uplighting, pictures for the entry hall, and more. You unfortunately do have to be sure to remove everything the night of (we hired a day of coordinator to ease that burden), and you won't have certainty on the rehearsal timing til about a month before so you do just have to plan the dinner and hope it works out....it did work out for us :).

Sent on 07/08/2019

State Room: A Longwood Venue's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, Kristine. We love to know how easy Carolyn made the process was for you. Our team loved being able to make your day one to remember.

Jaclyn · Married on 07/21/2018

Beautiful venue, breathtaking views

The venue is modern, and the views are breathtaking. We got married in the Harborside room in July 2018, and everything went very smoothly. Additionally, many of our guests loved the room/views, and the food was delicious (the dinner meals were huge, and everyone raved about the mac and cheese balls). Kristen, our coordinator, was very responsive, helpful, and professional the whole time we were planning our wedding. The one thing I will say that was frustrating during the planning process is that the State Room upcharges for literally everything. We knew that going in, so we were mindful during our planning process, but it could still be frustrating when you're in the thick of wedding planning and juggling so many moving parts. However, like I said, Kristen was great and she knew we had a budget in mind, and she helped us get creative to make sure we stayed as much within it as possible. She was very professional when our parents had extra requests as well. Parking can also get a bit tricky if you plan to drive for meetings/have guests planning to drive to the wedding (but also, duh, it's downtown Boston). Overall, the venue was one of the things we received the most compliments on from guests, and working with Kristen was fabulous, so I would highly recommend the State Room to those looking for an urban, sophisticated, modern wedding venue. (Tip: We originally assumed we wouldn't be able to afford this venue, but the sales coordinator negotiated with us to get the price down to an amount we were comfortable with.)

Sent on 12/30/2018

State Room: A Longwood Venue's reply:

Thanks for the nice review, Jaclyn! A lot of love and hard work goes into the events we host at State Room, so we’re glad you enjoyed the experience.
  • O

Olivia · Married on 02/24/2018

From the first day we visited the State Room to the wedding day, we experienced top-notch service. We worked with Eleni initially. She helped us find the right room and menu options within our budget. Once we settled on the Great Room, we were introduced to our coordinator, Carolyn. She made the entire wedding planning process manageable and enjoyable. If I did not have Carolyn, I would have had to hire a planner. She ensured that every detail was in order, walked me through each step of the planning process and gave me honest feedback when I asked for her opinion. She was a major key to helping us have the most amazing wedding day.

My top priority in choosing a venue was food. The State Room offers the kind of quality and variety we wanted. Our friends and family continue to tell us how amazing the food was six months after the wedding! In addition to the food, we were concerned with finding a location that could accommodate both the ceremony and reception. Because it was a winter wedding, we wanted to limit travel. The Great Room was a perfect fit because we had the ceremony downstairs, and then held the cocktail hour upstairs while the reception seating was set up below.

I could go on and on about the view, the space, the staff and more. If it is in your budget, I do not think there is a better venue in Boston.

Sent on 07/29/2018

State Room: A Longwood Venue's reply:

Hi Olivia! Thank you for this wonderful review. We love hearing that your guests are still raving about the food served at your wedding. Our team was honored to share this special day with you and your loved ones. Wishing you all the best as you begin your life together as a married couple.