Starry Nite Entertainment Reviews

39 | East Haven, CT

39 Reviews for Starry Nite Entertainment

Meggan · Married on 06/09/2018

Tom at Starry Nite was fantastic! He was very quick to respond anytime I reached out with a question.
    Our venue called 3 weeks before our big day to tell us we couldn't have our wedding there due to permit issues, so we ended up having it under a tent in the field behind our house. Tom was so great about the change. He made me feel confident that it would still be a fantastic wedding, which it was. I would book him again in a heartbeat, he is the absolute BEST!!!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Jennifer · Married on 07/02/2016

Tom did a great job at our wedding. It was small and there were challenges in the room setup to get people together in one room dancing, but Tom managed it. He had all kinds of fun tricks to get people laughing. He kept track of our timeline, kept events moving, communicated with all of us during the night as needed, and helped make it an awesome night for everyone. We had a great time dancing and he made a great announcer throughout during events, toasts, introductions, etc. My fiance was also very into rock and more into music than me. Tom worked with him throughout to get a sense of his music and to include his tastes throughout the night. It was clear from the get-go that Tom knew the venue, knew his business, was professional, had exceptional equipment, and was dedicated to bringing our vision to life. His prices were very competitive, and his quality was top-notch.

Sent on 07/22/2016

janet · Married on 11/07/2015

Tom Salatto knows his craft very well and knows how to get the party started! He is very professional and just takes care of the agenda for our daughters wedding reception. No need to worry about anything. Very accommodating about what the bride and groom wanted and so knowledgeable about what works for the crowd. Would definitely recommend him for any event. He made it a wonderful memorable event.

Sent on 11/11/2015

Nicole · Married on 10/03/2015

Tom Salatto of Starry Nite DJs was AWESOME! They say that a DJ can make or break your wedding and Tom literally made our wedding unforgettable. We knew about Tom from my husband's cousins' weddings. We had an absolute blast at their weddings and knew we would definitely want to use him once we had our wedding. We were not disappointed hiring him; my husband and I got countless compliments on how much fun our DJ was and the dance floor was full the ENTIRE night. We even had friends that attended our wedding book him right away for their wedding coming up in 2016. Tom is very professional and he took the time to meet with us several times during our planning process to make sure that everything would be perfect. I promise you that you won't be disappointed booking him!

Sent on 10/28/2015

Claudia · Married on 07/11/2015

I only have good comments about Tom and so did my guests! My wedding was last weekend and we had an AMAZING time! The whole process was really easy and stress free. Tom was really quick to answer every time I had a question. And the best part, he worked with our venue and and photographer to synchronize everything! And the price was really reasonable. I would recommend Starry Nite DJ to anybody that want to have a good time! We danced for 3 hours straight with sitting down! Again thanks Tom for your awesome work!!

Sent on 07/16/2015

Shannon · Married on 05/21/2015

I would recommend this dj to everyone! Tom made our wedding perfect! Everyone had an amazing time!

Sent on 06/08/2015

Kimberly · Married on 04/25/2015

Tom was amazing! He listened to us and honored what we wanted. His DJ and emcee skills were top notch! We couldn't have asked for a better DJ! He kept our guests dancing all night long! Everyone commented on how wonderful he was! His music selection is endless, and he is very flexible with meetings. He also walked us through the whole process and offered us honest advice about wedding planning general. Out of all of our vendors, Tom was the BEST to work with!! We would HIGHLY recommend him!!

Sent on 05/20/2015

michael · Married on 09/20/2014

This is the DJ to go with for your wedding. Tom was exceptional. He is a true professional, courteous, and will listen to what you want played at your wedding. You do not feel as though this is just another wedding with Tom. Even though he does this for a living, he shows up for the wedding and performs like its his own child's wedding. Tom will get people on the dance floor and keep the party going all while playing the music you want played. My wife and I are not into the new age Pitbull/Kesha type music and after telling Tom we had no music of that kind played at our wedding. Go with Starry Nite Entertainment and you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 10/25/2014

Natina · Married on 12/14/2013

"Tom;
    Bill and I cannot thank you enough for the wonderful job you did at our wedding! I honestly felt very comfortable working with you from the moment you were willing to plan out our wedding detail by detail at our house (on several occasions). I believe that it is your extreme attention to detail combined with your willingness to take requests/make adjustments that make you such a phenomenal DJ. I continue to receive phone calls from my guests who cannot believe how much fun they had! You and your assistant were so attentive throughout the entire wedding - we truly can't thank you enough! I definitely will remind Pete to book you ASAP- I know he would like you to DJ his wedding as well.

Best of everything and thank you again!!
    P.S. I really did love the snow light!
    Natina and Bill

Sent on 01/02/2014

Ariane · Married on 11/08/2013

We had such an awesome time at our wedding and received many compliments from our family and friends as well. Everyone appreciated that Tom played requests and our die-hard dancing friends loved the song selection so much they couldn't stop! There were family members on the dance floor who we've never seen dance before. People are still talking about what a great time they had two weeks later : )

We appreciated being able to meet with Tom beforehand for the planning and had no worries on the day of. All the formalities went beautifully and Tom handled everything so professionally; we felt totally at ease.

We highly recommend Starry Nite Entertainment!

Sent on 11/22/2013

Stephanie · Married on 08/23/2013

A big “thank you” to Tom for going above and beyond to accommodate all of our musical requests! My sister used Tom two years ago for her wedding and he did such an awesome job that when it came time to look for my wedding, I knew I didn’t have to look any further.

From our initial meeting to my numerous emails back and forth with Tom (which he responded to in a super fast manner!) to our final meetings, Tom was professional, offered suggestions, explained everything that we had questions on, and gave us examples when we weren’t sure about what songs to pick for special parts of our big day.

Tom also did our ceremony which was outdoors and our cocktail hour which was immediately following indoors. He also did a slideshow before our entrances with custom-cut music in the background and was able to cut my father-daughter dance to not make it as long! We also went with the uplighting which is something that is new on Tom's list of extras and I couldn’t have been more pleased with how it turned out- the color matched my theme perfectly!

Everything went smoothly and without a hitch. The music was soft when it was supposed to be, loud when it was supposed to be, and people were on the dance floor and requesting songs the whole night! Thanks so much again for providing an amazing soundtrack to our wedding experience, Tom!

Stephanie & Rob

Sent on 09/05/2013

Jennifer · Married on 08/03/2013

AMAZING! This was by far the best music, and best DJ we could have asked for. He made us laugh, cry, dance, and leave with the biggest smiles on our face. He is worth way more than he charges, which makes him such an unbelievable steal! You will pay more elsewhere and won't be half as satisfied. Tom was absolutely incredible.

Sent on 08/12/2013

allison · Married on 07/21/2013

I contacted Tom about my Connecticut wedding reception, which was on a Sunday. It was a very small event, and not his typical large weekend wedding. From the beginning, he was so helpful; he spent time on the phone with both me and my mom and spent lots of time going over the details of the day with us. His experience was imperative to planning a smooth and successful day. Tom seemed to really care about how the day went and that everyone had a good time. Everyone loved him and we got so much positive feedback about the flow of the day, the music and his warm personality. I highly recommend Tom for any event; big or small!!

Sent on 08/15/2013

Dan · Married on 09/02/2012

Tom, I just have to say that every single person had an amazing time at our wedding. Everyone was very pleased with your work, the song choices and overall, everything. Dan and I are going to write excellent reviews for Starry night, because you deserve it. You did an amazing job. You played a bog part in making our wedding memorable. The planning, from the time we met to the day of the wedding was perfect. Thank you so much!!! Now off to our honeymoon :) ... Lauren

...Everything went better then i can imagine. The party continued to a pool party at the hotel until 4 am. Everything was perfect and everybody kept saying how great everything was. Thank you very much Tom my expectations were exceeded.... Dan"

Sent on 10/11/2012

Chrissy · Married on 08/25/2012

Tom was a great dj. Couldn't of been happier with the quality of music and sound as well as his selection of music. He played everything we asked for and then some!! Both the young generation as well as the old had a blast!!! He made sure to keep in touch with us every step of the way, making sure we didn't forget anything. Definitely would recommend him and his company to other brides...that's why I did a week later to a friend :)
    -Chrissy Pecoroni married August 25, 2012 @ Lily Lake Inn

Sent on 11/13/2012

erica · Married on 08/18/2012

"
    Dear Tom,

We just wanted to say thank you for a wonderful night. You made our night a night to remember. Everyone was so impressed with the music selection and how great you kept everyone on that dance floor. We couldn't have done it without you!! Thanks again for all your hard work and dedication.

Thanks for everything"

Jim and Erica Tomatore
    Married 8/18/12

Sent on 10/05/2012

Kara · Married on 07/14/2012

Dear Tom,
    We are still in amazement of how smoothly everything went from our initial meeting to the big day! The planning meeting right before was extremely helpful and your assistance and input put our minds at ease!! You put everything together beautifully from the ceremony music to dinner music and of course the dancing. The dance floor was never empty!! We are still hearing from friends and family that we had the best wedding ever and that they hadn't danced that much in years! Thank you for making our day so meaningful and overall fun! What a blast!!
    Tom and Kara ... Married July 14, 2012 @ Oronoque CC.

Sent on 11/18/2012

Katie · Married on 07/01/2012

We loved everything about his services.
    I had a feeling my crowd would be an older music crowd and he was able to recognize that and keep the party going. The planning was wonderful... he came to meet me (not once but twice) at a location that was convenient for me.. and even offered to meet yet again when my fiance couldn't make the last meeting! My guests had a great time on on the dance floor- several posts about dancing all night on Facebook and pictures also.
    Thanks again!
    Catherine and Pat... Married July 1, 2012 at Woodwinds

Sent on 11/11/2012

We used Tom at Starry Nite DJs for our recent wedding. We were blown away at how amazing our day turned out and much of it was due to Tom. In planning for our wedding, we talked about how we had been to weddings that fell flat because of the DJ. We knew that we wanted a DJ that was energetic and would keep our guests on the dance floor the entire night. As luck would have it, we attended a wedding before ours where Tom was the DJ. We knew immediately he was the person for us and approached him that night about doing our special day.

Being a very involved couple, we were thrilled with Tom during the planning process alone. He met with us well before the wedding and then was in touch via email almost weekly. We talked through every aspect of the reception, which culminated in a timeline for the night nearly down to the minute. Tom’s experience allows him to guide you where you need guidance, but his easy-going personality allows you to make suggestions that he will incorporate into your day. We were put at ease by his professionalism and willingness to make sure our day was OUR day.

We would have NO reservations about recommending Tom to anyone who needs a DJ for their event. He is reasonably priced, fantastically energetic, and masterfully professional. Book him now!

Thank you so much, Tom!

Sent on 11/11/2012

If you are looking for a DJ with a professional attitude and offers a personal touch before your special day than Starry Nite is the DJ service for you. We used Tom Salatto’s DJ service and Tom was our personal DJ, along with an assistant, for our wedding day. Leading up to the date, Tom has you fill out an easy to navigate worksheet to map out the music and structure of our wedding day. He took the time to come to our house and meet with us personally to go over the worksheet and answer any last minute questions we may have had.
    The thing that drew us to Tom is his vast knowledge of music in general and the fact that he seemed honest and again very professional. He was easy to work with and did not pressure us or look down at us in any decisions we made on our music selections. He also posts blogs on certain issues that brides and grooms might be facing leading up to the wedding. His insight on certain topics relating to the parent dancing and suggestions on how to select your ceremony music was invaluable.
    On the day of our wedding, Tom showed up on time and ready to go. It was a very hot day (98 degrees and in the sun) and Tom was in excellent spirits. We did have a bit of difficulty with the microphone that Tom used for our ceremony, not sure if it was wind related, but Tom did a good job of adjusting. He also did a wonderful job of keeping the music going after all the formalities and very understanding with our multi - parent situation. Flexible I think is a good word to describe Tom.
    Tom also listened to our request to play mostly 90’s and college rock. No one knows our guests better than my wife and I and he did a good job of listening to what we wanted. He also knew what songs where a dance floor killer and what was not. He also listened to our coordinator when we sent her up to kill a song we did not want to be play, again, very flexible.
    We were very pleased with Tom Salatto and Starry Nite’s services. They are affordable, flexible, and just a wealth of music knowledge and professionalism. Thank you Tom for helping making our date a special occasion.

Sent on 07/30/2012

Jaime · Married on 06/09/2012

Picking a DJ was the hardest part for us. There isn't a whole lot of work you can view and the music can make or break the event. I was a little nervous because we wanted a simple wedding (no introductions of bridal party, no group dances, etc) and that seemed atypical. However, Tom assured us he'd give us exactly what we wanted. The dance floor was packed all night and he didn't play any group dances until we went up and told him it was okay since we had so many friends requesting them and they ended up getting everyone dancing even more! He checked in with us a few times during the event to see how everything was going and gave us a CD with some of the wedding songs on them. We have heard from so many people that this was the first wedding they danced at. My legs are killing me from dancing non-stop!

Sent on 06/25/2012

Julio · Married on 05/05/2012

Compared to ALL the vendors and everyone we used (besides photographer) Starry Night Entertainment was the most professional and customer driven. Well worth the few dollars paid for a great night and great MC. If anything just sit and talk with Tom and you'll see why Starry Night Ent. gets my recommendation as well as the recommendation of many others!

Sent on 05/06/2012

Danielle · Married on 05/05/2012

As any wedding its a very stressful time. Tom was hands down the least stress of the planning. He has a great personality and is very experienced in music. Tom will be able to provide any style of music you wish to have. On the day of the wedding our guests could not stay seated and it was all thanks to Starry Nite Entertainment. We talk about using Starry Nite for our anniversary party and highly recommend Tom to anyone who asks. Once again thank you Tom for an amazing memory.

Sent on 11/18/2012
  • Y

Yesenia · Married on 03/31/2012

The best DJ anyone could have.!!!!! Tom made my wedding a magical night by playing all different types of music so that everyone can enjoy my reception, I couldn't have ask for more. He just went above and beyond! You would be crazy to not award him best DJ this year. Ladies take it from me if you want an awesome wedding TOM IS YOUR GUY!!!!!
    Tom we love you thank you for everything :) xoxoxo.

Sent on 11/19/2012

christina · Married on 10/29/2011

Tom, the owner of Starry Nite was awesome. He worked with us to pick great music from start to finish. We met a few times before the wedding and his hands-on style really helped us in coordinating everything from our on-site ceremony to the last dance. We worked with Tom to pick all songs for ceremony procession and and the timing of all the events. He is very organized and provides a very thorough approach to make sure he has all details of the day in order. Tom took note of all family and special guests, and all the special requests and surprise songs we had in mind. He offers a WIDE variety of music and has every style to choose from. We were all over the place in our selection - and he delivered exactly what we wanted- from classical to country to rap! Tom has a very friendly and upbeat personality which was awesome from helping us plan to the actual wedding day - he is very social with the guests and keeps energy going. He truly loves his job and it shows! He set up special lighting and moved the sound system when we made a last minute change to where we wanted to have our first dance. Tom was the best DJ - everyone was dancing all night and had a great time!

Sent on 12/18/2011