StarLite Dining Cruises Reviews

42 | Clearwater Beach, FL

42 Reviews for StarLite Dining Cruises

Nancy · Married on 05/20/2011

Our experience with the StarLite Princess was absolutely perfect. Working with the staff to set things up was easy and reassuring. The chef was more than accommodating in making the foods and presentations we wanted, and came up with ideas for foods and table decorations that went beyond our fondest hopes. The musicians, too, were just perfect, and very responsive to our requests. We continue to hear from our guests how much they enjoyed the evening, and it is a memory that will be among our fondest ever. Thanks to all of you who made it so very nice.

Sent on 02/29/2012

Megan · Married on 05/14/2011

This is a one of a kind experience and was our dream setting for my husband and I since we love going out on that water on boats. What a beautiful setting, great party atmosphere, wonderful food and music, they made everything run very smoothly so that my family could just enjoy. The music was very up to date, and for all that the wedding package included, I was able to afford to go all out. Many guests said that it was one of the most enjoyable weddings they had ever attended. I hope to do another kind of party with them again.

Sent on 06/09/2011

Heather · Married on 10/23/2010

This venue couldn't have been more perfect for our wedding! As soon as we knew we wanted to have our wedding on a boat in the water, we looked at this one and one other. There was no other comparison! It matched our colors and it was big! It looked nice just by itself but we still chose to add our own personal touches and we were allowed too. It wasn't too small for our 150 guests but I wouldn't really recommend much more then that otherwise people may have to sit on the middle deck and then everyone wouldn't be sitting together. It's nice to have the middle deck open for people to go up and have room to walk around but still be inside and not get in the way of anything. We liked that there are 3 decks: the top deck (open), the middle deck (where our ceremony was) and the bottom deck (where our reception was). Everything was included (food, music/entertainment) and we even opted for an open bar. We went with an afternoon wedding. Our whole goal was to have as much fun as possible and we did! I liked how everyone was in the middle of the dance floor and people went to the middle deck and took pictures from up above and even blew bubbles. We were able to hook our iPod up for the ceremony, special dances and reception. The band played during dinner which was really nice. Everybody left saying it was the best wedding ever. It was such a unique idea and cruising around the water really made it feel like more of an exotic wedding without a ridiculous price tag. I look back at the pictures and videos all the time and it couldn't be more beautiful! I have no regrets. The only thing everyone agreed we would have done different is to book the whole day. 3 1/2 hours goes by fast, too fast. The staff helped keep us on schedule but we would have liked to stay longer and enjoy ourselves even more. I don't think weddings should be double booked and there should be a package for the whole day - it's too much of a rush to get everyone and everything off the boat.

Sent on 07/28/2013

Jeanene · Married on 08/05/2010

wonderful venue, food was excellent, the servers did everything, we didn't have to worry about anything. the band was good, played a variety of music. All of our guests had only good things to say about the Starlite Majesty

Sent on 08/12/2010

Jessica · Married on 05/18/2008

Untraditionally, we opted for a 3 hour dinner cruise for our reception, and Captain Charlie married us before we left!! I was surprised at how many people loved the uniqueness and scenery we had from having a "yacht" reception! I would strongly recommend this to anyone who wants to have something "different" for their wedding day.

Sent on 06/07/2008

Athena · Married on 06/09/1984

My Husband and I took this Dinner Cruise for our 25th wedding anniversary. We had 20 guest and it was a great night for all. We really enjoyed the dinner, the music, the views were spectacular. I wouldn't mind doing this again. I recommend this Venue to all. I know there were two other Parties on board which they were weddings and they all seemed to be having fun too. The service is great. The food was great too.

Sent on 11/18/2009

Valerie · Married on 03/14/2015

We had our wedding on board the Starlite Majesty on March 14, 2015. From the absolutely beginning, Theresa and June were wonderful. I was planning the wedding from NY and they were kind and patient with my incessant questions.

The day of the wedding, we were very, very late due to traffic. I was frantic and very upset but Doug and Captain Mickey were very kind and calming and in no time at all, I was able to relax and enjoy myself. Our servers were very efficient and friendly. The food and drink were outstanding and the entertainment kept us dancing. My guests had a wonderful time.

The only tiny issue was that I had asked that the appetizer menus be removed from the tables. They had not been and my guests ordered and then I noticed that they were receiving bills. At my husband's request, the checks were taken bake and added to our bill since we didn't want our guests paying for anything. Unfortunately, since we were not expecting that expense, it did cut into an additional gratuity that I wanted to provide to the servers that evening.

Overall, I would recommend Starlite for any event. They were wonderful and I cannot wait to go back. Thank you all!

Sent on 04/20/2015

StarLite Dining Cruises's reply:

Sorry to hear you were stressed about being late. However glad to hear your cruise went well. We hope to see you on your 1st anniversary. Have a wonderful life together.
    Best wishes
    Sales Manager

Sarah Jazmine · Married on 09/06/2014

Our private-charter wedding aboard the Starlite Majesty was absolutely perfect. It was fantastic because it was one big package and we didn't have to stress at all. Doug coordinated everything to minimize stress for me and my husband, Phil let us change up the typical sequence he recommends to have our ceremony on the top deck at sunset after an ice-breaker round of drinks, and Nancy nailed some difficult transitions we asked her to make for our music. The food was incredibly tasty---the salad was super fresh, the steak was one of the best I've ever had, and the beer and wine selection was great.

The Majesty herself was thoroughly majestic indeed---our photos were incredible, especially the ones on the top deck, on the stair, and under the neat-o fiber optic chandelier.

The only negative thing I have to say is that it went by MUCH too fast (though we were aboard for 4+ hours) and I wish we'd had a little more time on the dance floor after dinner. (Phil advised us not to have the ceremony on the top deck because it would eat into our cruise time, which it did. I should have listened to the boss man! But the ceremony was so gorgeous on the top deck that I don't really regret it.) Starlite is an amazing, family-owned company and I'm so so glad we had our wedding on the Majesty. We will be back for many more anniversary dinner cruises.

Sent on 10/23/2014

StarLite Dining Cruises's reply:

We are so pleased that your special day was so memorable. Phil does know best when it comes to ceremonies and receptions. He has been in the business for a long time and passes that knowledge along to his staff. We can't wait to see you on your 1st anniversary. June O'Bryon Social Event Sales Manager

Joni · Married on 07/06/2013

What a beautiful Venue for our wedding. Everything from June handling our reservations to the actual wedding day, were perfect. I can't brag on their staff enough! The food was excellent, the service was superb!! The band was great! Carlos was a great Coordinator and Captain Mickey was wonderful! We love our photo that the Captain provided us! Everyone just loved the Starlite Majesty Venue. Everyone commented that this was the best wedding they have attended!!
    We even got some of the other guests to get up and join us in the dancing.

Tony and I are so very happy with EVERYTHING! Thank you to you and your staff for making our Wedding Day an amazing and memorable day! We are so happy!! It was money very well spent! Thank you! Mr. & Mrs. Tony Tyler

Sent on 07/09/2013

StarLite Dining Cruises's reply:

Thank you Joni, we love our smaller weddings on board the Starlite Majesty. The staff did let me know how great it was serving both of you and can't wait to see you on your anniversary. June O'Bryon Social Event Sales Manager
  • Bree

Bree · Married on 02/25/2012

June was awesome during my planning process. She was very patient with all of my hundreds of questions. Once aboard the ship for my reception the staff was great. The food was also wonderful. If you are looking for a different venue for your wedding reception I would go with starlite!!!

Sent on 02/27/2012

StarLite Dining Cruises's reply:

You two where so sweet to work with. We realize every bride and groom are special in their own way and we treat each one like it is our first wedding too.
    June O'Bryon Social Event Sales Manager

Curtis & Christina · Married on 10/18/2012

This Wedding was amazing. Our entire family said it was the best wedding they had ever attended. Food, service, music, everything was better than we imagined.

Sent on 11/25/2012

StarLite Dining Cruises's reply:

It was nice to see such a happy group that night. We are glad your special day went above your expectaions. Enjoy your new life together.
    Warm regards

Catalina · Married on 05/15/2011

The private charter was a success, the music and the food were great. Our ceremony was short but special. Everyone loved it! The staff is really professional and friendly and they keep things moving smoothly. In my case, I wanted a simple but a beautiful wedding, and that is exactly what I got. Because of our schedule, we were no able to have a rehearsal (we were coming from out of state), but if the wedding is going to have a big bridal party, etc. I recommend to have a rehearsal if possible. In our is case we had a very small wedding party so things went well. Also, if the family and friends like to party a lot, it could be worth ed to pay an extra hour!

Sent on 06/21/2011

We had our wedding and our reception aboard the Starlite Sapphire. We chartered the ship for our noon wedding and our reception followed immediately afterwards. The food was excellent. The service was wonderful. The onboard entertainment was great. Our friends and family alike had a fabulous time. We were very happy with our experience and felt that the Starlite Sapphire was a beautiful wedding venue. I definitely recommend chartering the boat for a lunchtime or dinner wedding. It was nice to have a private venue - only our guests were onboard.

Sent on 06/04/2013

StarLite Dining Cruises's reply:

It was our pleasure serving you and your guests. I agree with you that a private charter is a great thing to do if you have 50 or more guests aboard the Starlite Sapphire in St Pete Beach. However we do love our smaller weddings as well. Please come back and see us on your 1st anniversary and all the ones to come.
    June O'Bryon Social Event Sales Manager

I had my reception with StarLite Cruises and it was so much fun. The food was pretty good as well. I wasn't aware that drinks were billed separately which would be the only down fall of the cruise.

Sent on 10/27/2014

StarLite Dining Cruises's reply:

So happy to hear you enjoyed the cruise and the food. Our wedding packages have beverage information at the bottom of the page. Starlite has several ways that you can choose to handle drinks from the bar. The host reviews this with you during your details. We would love to see you on your 1st anniversary and many more to come! June O'Bryon Social Event Sales Manager

3.8
      3.5

We had a great time at our wedding reception on Starlite Majesty. June and Sadie were awesome in the planning process before the wedding. The boat set a beautiful scene and the food was delicious. The captain greeted us and the wait staff was attentive. The rest of our guests did have several complaints about the service. Additionally, we were disappointed with the DJ. She was unprofessional and she ruined our first and second dances by refusing to play the music we gave her. She was not apologetic and she chose to sing her own songs during dinner which was uncomfortable for everyone. We were also told once on board that they could not turn down the music for our toasts. A few disappointments

Altogether the cruise itself is worth the money and experience. They just need a better trained wait staff and a professional DJ. Good luck!

Sent on 10/10/2015

StarLite Dining Cruises's reply:

Thank you for your feed back. We do a lot of weddings in 2 different locations so I'm not quit sure the date of your cruise or which location you had your reception. I would like to know so I can address your complaints. If you would like to call or email me that would really help. 727-462-2628 or june@starlitecruises.com
    We take pride in what we do so it is very important to us when we here back from our brides. This is very helpful. I'll wait to hear from you.

Jessica · Married on 04/27/2013

3.4
      3.0

I had my reception on Starlite Cruises on the Sapphire from the Coerycause Way. Which I was very unhappy with the services provided. The server Lori was rude to my guests and seemed like she hated her job and it showed. Service was slow and crappy! My husband and I waited over an hour to get our drink order taken as with half of my guest. I paid for three kids plates at 45$ each in which they never revived a salad or appitizers. My husband and I gave them ours. They didn't put my guest book, toasting glasses or serving set out until an hour in a half into my reception which I brought the day before to be placed out along with my first dance cd that they didn't have because it was in the box of stuff they failed to put out. The boat was VERY hot, the band was a fill in and the lady they had didn't know what she was doing? By this point I was so disgusted I didn't even want my entree which was 60$ a pop which we were served last being the bride and groom we should been served first.

So here's an update my husband spoke with Charley the General Manager and took care of the server Lori, refunded us 300$ back and gave us two free adult meals with three kids meals to use on any Starlite Cruise. So I'm pleased with the outcome. And willing to give them another chance. From what my guests said the food was very fresh and excellent.

Sent on 04/30/2013

StarLite Dining Cruises's reply:

Thanks for your feed back Jessica. It helps us so much hearing from our guests. Sorry you were not aware that we were in contact with your husband the day after your event. The server in question has been let go. However, Jay is truly a star and that is why he is assigned to all the weddings aboard the Sapphire. Any misunderstandings by the Sapphire staff pertaining to your reception has been addressed and resolved by the owner personally. I am very pleased that Charlie was able to rectify this unfortunate situation to result in a happy customer. You were a pleasure to work with when I was gathering information and setting up your details. Hope to see you and your family soon!
    StarLite Sales Manager

1.2
      2.0
      1.5
      1.0

If you want your wedding day to be special, take my advice don't choose this vendor! Specifically the Calypso Queen'! They dropped the ball with poor management and communication and disorganization. Firstly, no one from the office followed up with me right before the wedding day on last details. When we arrived they had the tables decorated with the white linens I paid extra for on the bottom level deck so my guests wer on one side and the regular tourist customers on the other side with names on there tables. I had called earlier that morning to add some more guests and someone I never worked with answered to Info down and told me that the cruise was not booked with others. So when we all sat down and food was ready People camedown from upper deck and started lining up to eat the buffet. When I asked our waitress whAt was going on she said there was only one table up there so they asked them to.come down first and she said they were going to announce dinner with my guests beginning to eat first. Well that didn't happen. So the bartender told the other side non wedding guests to go up and eat resulting In every other tom dick and Harry to go up. No announcement was ever made so my guests ate last. The bride and groom table was placed right by the food buffet which resulted in everyone's backside to be in our face cutting us off from our guests. I quickly complained and told the bartender who I was told by. Our waitress that she was the manager. When I brought this to her attention, " she said these people are all paying guests, so they have a right to eat," and I said and I Paid a lot more for the wedding package so I would assume there would be a little preference". She said oh well there's nothing I can do." I said well your the manager and she denied that she was! I said "ok I'll take it up with corporate since I can't get any help here".
    Furthermore, the whole night I had to remind the waitress that we still hAdnt done the champagne toast, dance,
    Cake

Sent on 05/14/2016

StarLite Dining Cruises's reply:

Sorry it took this long to respond. I just wanted to speak to the staff on your cruise. Your host on board did take responsibility for the mix up in the beginning of your reception. We had a talk and she feels confident now about what to do if a similar situation should arise. I appreciate you taking my phone call so we could discuss the refunds we were able to give you and I am glad your guests had a wonderful time after all. We want to see you on your 1st anniversary so make sure to contact me directly. Maybe you will get to see a little more of Clearwater Beach when you come.
    Wedding Specialist/ Sales Manager