Starlight Meadow Reviews

53 | Burlington, NC

53 Reviews for Starlight Meadow

I honestly cannot express enough gratitude for discovering this venue and working with Jeremy and his wife (owners). We only met his wife once (although she is very cool as well :) ), but Jeremy is one of the coolest and most laid-back vendors we have ever met. In researching for a wedding venue, we quickly became frustrated with all the rules and regulations each venue outlined. I mean for goodness sake, you invest thousands of dollars into a venue and they have a laundry list long of not-to-dos and we-will-charge-yous that can make you feel nauseous. While Starlight Meadow of course has rules of decorum and good sense, everything is practical and totally feasible. Jeremy was willing to accommodate all of our requests, provide insight for vendor recommendations, and made us feel so comfortable. He has a wonderful positive attitude and makes you feel at home. This is very crucial when you are bringing your most precious loved ones to a place and making the biggest commitment of your life. Now the venue. Wow. This venue is absolutely breathtaking. Set among a green rolling valley, it is the quintessential image of NC in its finest hour. It's incredibly open, serene, and above all: stunning. We highly recommend this venue to any bride and groom that embrace nature and the outdoors as we do. Thank you so much for making our wedding day so much more than we could have ever imagined Starlight Meadow!

Sent on 08/21/2015

Jane · Married on 06/27/2015

My niece as married at Starlight Meadow last weekend. I have to say that this venue was so perfect and beautiful and maintained. The most important part of my feedback is that the staff is EXCEPTIONAL. Jeremy, the owner, is wonderful and will do anything in his power to make your event special and stress free. His staff was on hand for every step of the way and so kind and helpful and friendly. I have to say it was the best service that I have every seen....for the most important day of my niece's life! We had terrible thunderstorms, but the staff was able to keep everything under control. (They have clear/strong curtains that kept the STRONG wind and rain out. My niece wanted an outside wedding....and it happened....with the help and support of the staff and their willingness to change anything even at the very last minute! I really cannot say enough to compliment this venue and the people that make it happen. Thank you for making dreams come true!

Sent on 06/29/2015

Judy · Married on 05/16/2015

Great venue !! Clean! Jeremy was very helpful. His staff was terrific! What ever we needed they were there to help, always polite and always with a smile. Would definitely recommend for any event.

Sent on 05/18/2015

Jeremy has been the BEST to work with for our wedding!! His expertise has made the wedding planning process absolutely seamless!! His recommendations for vendors such as caterers and music was spot on! The Starlight Meadow venue is a perfect pastoral setting and suited our rustic wedding in every respect! This venue aims to please and boy -does it deliver!!

Sent on 04/15/2015

I was so happy with the staff at Starlight Meadows. From helping with setting up for the wedding, to tearing it down and packing it up. Jeremy and his staff were very responsive, and wanted nothing more than to make our day as perfect as possible. There is not enough words to express my gratitude to them for everything. I would recommend that you take a moment to check out this beautiful venue and what it has to offer. Thank you to Jeremy and his staff for everything!

Sent on 02/13/2015

Cheri · Married on 08/23/2014

Ridiculous is the only word to describe how amazing my service was here. The barn is breathtaking, the field where we got married was breathtaking, and their flexibility - allowing me to come a little early on the day of and set up - was amazing. This barn is definitely a barn, but polished and pretty, and I had the BEST wedding night ever with their help. An added bonus? Jeremy called me the day after my wedding to make sure everything went well, and to compliment us on the awesome food. Awesome, awesome awesome time!

Sent on 08/25/2014

Jeremy and his wife were amazing to work with. They responded quickly to our numerous emails and worked with our crazy schedules to make sure we were able to plan our wedding. The help provided the day of the event was incredible!

Sent on 10/19/2014

Starlight Meadows is amazing. My wedding was stunning from start to finish. The most beautiful venue for a rustic wedding without having to drive to the mountains. The staff was great, very professional, flexible and just lovely to work with. We also got a great bang for our buck. They don't nickel and dime you - what you see it was you get! Refreshing!

Sent on 05/21/2014

Shelly · Married on 11/16/2013

One year ago today we were married at the beautiful Starlight Meadow. I never dreamed of getting married in a field and celebrating in a barn, but I would not go back to change a thing. Jeremy was terrific and easy-going to work with. From the get-go he was straight forward and didn't nickel and dime us with extras. He was super flexible with outside vendors and we ended up taking his advice for the southern caterer. The facilities were clean and the bridal room was a perk to have on-site. 10 minutes from hotels and hair salons, cake, florists, etc. Jeremy was very organized so I wasn't stressed and knew that no matter what the day brought (including weather) that everything would be handled smoothly. So I had my perfect barn wedding and I have amazing photos as the sun set to remember the day. Thank you Starlight Meadow!

Sent on 11/16/2014

Ashley · Married on 10/12/2013

Thank you for everything at our wedding! Everything turned out excellent (even with rain)!! I appreciate all of your help and for being so easy to work with throughout the entire process! The venue was beautiful! Thanks you again!! We couldn't ask for better!

Sent on 10/22/2013

Haley · Married on 10/05/2013

Jeremy and his wife helped us so much and responded to our emails so quickly in less than 24hrs. They helped us figure out our layout and let us use our own vendors. No worries if you don't have vendors bc they also have different package deals for anything you need (flowers, cake, wedding planners, food, ect.) Very easy going and laid back but attentive to all details. They even brought out their vintage tracker trailer for photos and ambiance!!!! Awesome people to work with!!

Sent on 12/30/2015

Erik · Married on 09/29/2013

Fantastic! Beautiful venue that's out of the way so you don't have outside distractions, but also very easy to find. To top it all off, it's picture perfect. I couldn't have made up a better locations.

The smiling and eager staff is super friendly and helpful. All day they were in the background keeping an eye on things and very easy to find if needed. I'd recommend this venue to anyone.

Sent on 10/16/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 09/12/2013

Starlight Meadow is a hidden gem in the Piedmont, NC area. We found this venue through a friends girlfriend who wanted to one day be married there. Everything about this venue and its staff was amazing. From our intial meeting with Jeremy and Sarah to look at the venue, up to the Big Day was more than I could have ever hoped for. There flexibility with dates, times, setup, helping out the bride with final setup items, allowing our outside venders, quick meetings to look and measure tables etc was EXCEPTIONAL!!! The professionalism and kindness of the staff was noticed by all of our guest as well. The venue is extreemly well kept and the facilities are awesome!! We had a little rainshower before our ceremony and the staff quickly made sure to wipe all the benches down before our guest sat on them!! Amazing Venue for any event if you are looking to be treated with true Southern Hospitality. They have made us a customer for life!!

Sent on 09/25/2013

My cousin held her wedding here and I assisted with photography for her special day. I arrived early at Starlight Meadow and an employee rode up on a golf cart, introduced himself, shook my hand and asked how he could help us. Throughout the night staff offered their help willingly and thoughtfully. They were so friendly and accommodating that the service alone was making people smile! I know they made my day easier. One of my favorite things they did was transport the older people in the golf cart wherever they needed to go! It was such a convenience to have them on hand, and I know it made my grandmother and grandfather more comfortable. The venue itself is stunning, but even all that natural beauty was outshined by the amazing service. Well done! Wish I'd held my wedding here as well!

Sent on 09/16/2013

Jennifer · Married on 10/28/2012

When I began to look for venues for my wedding I realized how difficult it was going to be because I had time constraints involving family. When I saw Starlight Meadow's website I thought it was beautiful but I was completely blown away when I saw it in person! It was everything my fiancé and I had ever wanted for our wedding venue. The staff were so helpful and made our day so easy and effortless. They also worked smoothly with our wedding planner so there were no issues (despite our wedding being during Hurricane Sandy) that anyone noticed. They worked so hard to give us everything we wanted and would definately recommend Starlight Meadow to anyone looking for an outdoor venue with tons of charm and heart!

Sent on 01/18/2013

Judy · Married on 09/22/2012

Wish I could give more than 5 stars! I was looking for a venue that was private, convenient, and casual, and Starlight Meadow more than met all of that criteria. Pros: It lends itself well to a more laid back event, but can be dressed up enough for a more formal wedding; the layout was easy to setup for a DJ, buffet and bar; the price also included a rehearsal time, which was not included in some other venues I looked at; great bathrooms and bridal room; from my first inquiry until we left the parking lot after the wedding, Jeremy always answered my calls or emails promptly and went out of his way to make sure I had any information or help I needed, and all of his staff were excellent. Cons: Can’t think of a single one.

Sent on 07/12/2018

Caitlin · Married on 06/02/2017

Jeremy and his staff made my wedding day and all the planning leading up to it so easy! They were by our side from the minute we chose the venue all the way until we got in our car at the end of the night. Guests kept coming up to us to tell us they loved the venue and staff! We didn't have to worry about renting tables, chairs or linens because the venue provided them, and staff set them out. They also set up our ceremony area with the benches and chairs. We had a lot of elderly guests, so having a staff person drive them up in the golf cart from the parking lot was also a huge blessing! We absolutely recommend Starlight Meadow to anyone!!

Sent on 06/17/2017
  • User4820432 · 2+ years ago

friendly folks and great area loved it

Sent on 02/25/2015
  • Kristina

Kristina · Married on 10/19/2013

I cannot say enough good things about Starlight Meadow. Jeremy and Sarah (the owners) are absolutely amazing. They always responded to emails cheerfully and thoroughly and made sure they answered all of my questions. Sometimes responses took a few days and I have impatient tendencies - hence the 4.5 on responsiveness. They were awesome to deal with prior to the wedding. The staff that they had working the day/evening of the wedding were WONDERFUL (Including Jeremy and Sarah!)! They made sure everything got done, people were happy and everything was in it's place. It rained most of day prior to the ceremony and they even wiped down all of the ceremony benches so people wouldn't have wet bottoms! Thank you Jeremy and Sarah for providing the PERFECT location for my wedding.

If you are having any hesitations about choosing Starlight meadow for your wedding venue, visit them. You will have your mind made up when you pull into the driveway!

Sent on 11/07/2013

Venue was lovely if one is looking for a small, but pretty, place to hold a wedding or other event. Staff was very accommodating and attentive.

Sent on 12/19/2012

Phyllis · Married on 05/17/2012

We held my daughters wedding here and it was so wonderful. The owner was so co-operative with everything we wanted. He went out of his way to see that our every need was met.

The facility is so beautiful for a country outdoor wedding. There are so many options here. We did ours in the open barn and it was easy to decorate and enough room to hold the service and do the reception all there. He also has a gazebo for services and furnishes the archway if needed for the barn or open field.

We could not have been happier with everything. Anyone wanting an outside service and be allowed to plan it the way they want it should check this lovely place out. You will not be disappointed I promise. P. Gray

Sent on 06/27/2012
  • Z

Zachary · Married on 12/03/2017

The whole experience was great! The whole property is beautiful and completely worth it, many of our guests have commented on how beautiful this venue is. The atmosphere at Starlight Meadow helped make our wedding day very special. The staff was very accommodating of our desires from the beginning of the process, they are very responsive to emails, and they even go out of their way at times to meet our desires or answer last minute questions. Super Helpful!

Sent on 12/15/2017

My nephew just had a wedding here and it was great. A little cold, but the staff had heaters through out the event. An open fire to top it off. What a great time we had. The staff was just the best. As we started home from a six hour wedding party my brother accidently locked his keys in his car. The staff called AAA on their "Gold" AAA card and had the door open with thirty minutes. What a super "full" service staff.

Sent on 11/10/2013
  • Jessica

Jessica Melton · Married on 10/06/2018

The venue is beautiful and Jeremy is awesome!

From the moment we drove up, my husband and I knew we'd found our wedding venue! The property is gorgeous and I love that the barn is old and rustic and still has history and charm.

I cannot rave enough about Jeremy and his team! He was so awesome about everything! Very helpful, super attentive, and great at communicating and responding. He went above and beyond when it came to making everything work out exactly how I envisioned it. From escorting our grandmothers on his golf carts to setting up the venue and ceremony site with rentals and the dj...he just handled every obstacle we threw at him while still being the nicest guy around.

Sent on 05/02/2019

MONICA · Married on 03/16/2014

Perfect venue for any gathering. Jeremy and staff were awesome and didn't get in the way being awesome. If I could rewind time, I would pick the same place. It is absolutely beautiful!

Sent on 04/06/2014