Stargazers Designs Reviews

Stargazers Designs 5
Stargazers Designs 6
Stargazers Designs 7

Sara · Married on 05/03/2015

Kristy is AMAZING! She was so helpful and kind during our planning meeting. She is such a joy to work with. Her cute shop puppy helps too! I was on a major budget and she provided me with beautiful flowers and a great arrangement for our ceremony. I would most definitely recommend her!

Sent on 05/29/2015

Alex · Married on 04/25/2015

Stargazers did an absolutely amazing job on my wedding bouquets and boutonnieres! All I provided was a few inspiration photos and the request that they use whatever is in season. Somehow with this little direction, they envisioned the bouquets of my dreams. The quality of the arrangements and the flowers themselves was truly outstanding. And, there's more! My husband loves legos and I really wanted to incorporate legos into their boutonnieres. Not only was stargazers willing to do this, she specially arranged the legos so that when all of the groomsmen/fathers stood together, the legos spelled out 'I love u'. It was such a pleasant surprise and thoughtful thing to do, truly above and beyond! Lastly, prices were reasonable and delivery was extremely inexpensive. I wish I lived in Asheville and could go to Stargazers more often!

Sent on 06/11/2015

Stargazers Designs's reply:

Thank you Alex, we loved working with you and loved creating those special unique pieces. Give your mom a hug since we're huggers...lol
    Best wishes,
    Kristi

Jennie · Married on 06/01/2014

Kristi did a fabulous job with our flowers! They were beautiful and exactly what I wanted. She was professional, easy to work with and willing to please; she even delivered the cake! Thanks so much for adding a little sparkle and sweetness to our day!

Sent on 06/05/2014

Gina · Married on 12/06/2013

If you're looking for incredibly beautiful floral arrangements and exceptional customer service, look no further than Kristi Maynard and her team at Stargazers Floral. My Christmas wedding bouquet was better than anything I could have imagined. She truly listened to everything I wanted for myself, and my girls, and exceeded all of my expectations. Her warm and caring personality made the planning process a true delight. We will absolutely use Stargazers Floral for all of our future special occasions.

Sent on 12/22/2013

Stargazers Designs's reply:

Thank you so much. You were a beautiful bride.

Christine · Married on 10/28/2013

Our daughter decided to get married and we did not have much time to plan her wedding. I called Kristi two weeks before the wedding date, and she immediately said she could do the wedding. She listened to what our daughter wanted, and created beautiful bouquets, boutonnieres and table arrangements, even more beautiful than we had imagined. She traveled 1 1/2 hours to our site and was even early. Her prices were reasonable and she was a true pleasure with which to work. I heartily recommend her for your floral needs.

Sent on 11/12/2013

Stargazers Designs's reply:

Thank you, we loved helping make her day extra special.

Kristin · Married on 10/12/2013

Kristi designed the perfect bouquets for my Fall wedding. The arrangements were absolutely stunning - full of bold colors, beautiful flowers, berries and leaves. After a brief consultation, she brought our vision to life. I will definitely be recommending Stargazers to friends in the future. Kristi and her team completely exceeded my expectations!

Sent on 10/14/2013

Victoria · Married on 10/06/2013

Kristi was a pleasure to work with. The flower arrangements were amazing!

Sent on 10/16/2013

Crystal · Married on 09/28/2013

One of the best venders I've every had. My mother in law and my family and bridal party didn't stop saying how beautiful the arrangements that she did were. She's a great person to work with. She has such an amazing heart and spirit. I will use her again in the future :)

Sent on 10/07/2013

Stargazers Designs's reply:

Thank you so much, we loved working with you on your special day.

Dawn · event on 09/22/2013

The arrangement was stunning. Loved it.

Sent on 10/08/2013

Michael · Married on 09/14/2013

This was an informal wedding at a residence and there was a lot of quick decision making that had to be done. Everyone at Stargazers was accommodating, professional and flexible. The food was great and the venue looked fabulous.

Sent on 10/09/2013

Thank you so much.

Melanie · Married on 09/14/2013

My husband and I were more than happy with Kristi work which by far exceeded expectations. I couldn't imagine having to do all my wedding planning on my own. Kristi made my day easy and stress free.

Sent on 10/19/2013

Stargazers Designs's reply:

Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special day.

Tonya · Married on 08/17/2013

Very happy with the finished product, it was beautiful!!!

Sent on 10/14/2013

Jordan · event on 07/31/2013

Kristi at Stargazers has always provided beautiful, original floral arrangements for my family. She has an eye for putting together each element of your ideas for a floral piece that exceeds expectations and the vision of what you had in mind. I can't wait to see my finished product to complement my prom dress! Kristi is a wonderful lady who truly cares about her clients on a one on one perspective and welcomes you back each time with a laugh and a smile. I highly recommend Kristi for any occasion! Thanks Kristi! Jordan Puckett

Sent on 02/19/2014

Thank you Jordan. We love you

Susan · Married on 12/31/2012

Kristi was so easy to work with. I emailed pictures of the bouquets my daughter liked, talked with her over the phone and she created beautiful bouquets at a very reasonable price.

Sent on 10/07/2013

Stargazers Designs's reply:

Thank you. She was a beautiful bride

Amanda · Married on 10/20/2012

Stargazers florist did an amazing job on all of the flower arrangements for my wedding. Everything was absolutely perfect and handled with the utmost professionalism. Even with something as simple and minute as placing flower petals on our cake, Kristi took the job very seriously. I can't say enough great things about our wonderful experience with her.

Sent on 12/23/2013

Stargazers Designs's reply:

Thank you, we loved working with you on your special day.

Amanda · Married on 09/14/2012

My husband has been buying his flowers for me from Stargazers Floral Designs for 5 years. Kristi has always done a fabulous job. The decision to have her put together our wedding flowers was hands down the best decision we made. She not only put had the flowers I wanted and the color but she dressed it up with a lot of extras that just absolutely made the main lilies pop. The day of the wedding, she delivered the flowers to the venue and then made sure everything was there and set up before she left. Stargazers is reasonably priced and we have always been treated great. We would recommend Stargazers to everyone that is looking for a florist no matter the occasion.

Sent on 12/30/2013

Stargazers Designs's reply:

Kristi was so helpful to me in many ways. She not only did a great job on my flower arrangements and delivering them but gave me great ideas that I used in my wedding. She knew who all of the other good vendors were so if your just getting started go to stargazers and she will do the best job at helping you get started! She makes u feel like your wedding is her #1 priority!

Sent on 10/08/2013

Stargazers Designs's reply:

Thank you, each wedding is our #1 priority and so happy to create lasting memories for you.

Amy · Married on 06/02/2012

Kristie at Stargazers Florist was great to work with! She took my vision and made it come to life.
    Highly recommend her!

Sent on 06/10/2012

Thank you so much.

Julie · Married on 06/14/2014

I had the pleasure of working with Kristie and her staff. I can say she was very professional and able to work with our budget . I would highly recommend her services as it was so nice to have a "one stop" shop which was more efficient for me. The food was amazing at our reception. Food was homemade not something just frozen and out of a bag. My guests loved the food and said the venue and decorations were beautiful.
    Anytime I had questions or concerns Kristie was always able to take the time to speak to me and give her suggestions. I would trusted her judgement and which let me focus on other things to be done.
    She did our flowers, wedding planning, and catering. If your looking for company that can do it all Stargazers can handle it!!!. Thanks Kristie for all you did for us!!!!

Sent on 08/12/2014

Karina Saunders · Married on 10/19/2018

Beautiful bouquets

I highly recommend Stargazers for your wedding! We had Kristi create our bouquets and boutonnieres for the wedding ceremony and requested single stem flowers to DIY our centerpieces. The bouquets were absolutely gorgeous! I loved my bridal bouquet so much. Thank you, Kristi.

Sent on 12/27/2018

Lynn · Married on 05/26/2018

I am truly grateful for what Kristi was able to accomplish with our floral budget for our wedding. I had a big vision and a specific idea in mind for my bouquet... she worked with me and my Pinterest board and immediately was on my wavelength!

I completely trusted her design and she NAILED IT!

Everything was gorgeous!

We had a small budget for flowers and I appreciated that she worked with me. The value as 4 is only because flowers for weddings are bananas expensive. We spent a bit more than we wanted to, but it's the industry.

Sent on 06/02/2018
    Stargazers Designs 8
    Stargazers Designs 9

Brittany · Married on 03/02/2019

1.8
      3.0
      3.0

Bride's Experience with Stargazers Floral

I first contacted Stargazers via mail for doing our flowers for our elopement at Sky Mountain Events. In the letter, I included pictures and exact ribbon colors of what I was looking for. They responded to me in a timely manner via email with all the requested information. I talked to them over the phone multiple times regarding our order, and every time they were extremely kind and helpful. Our order consisted of fresh flowers for a bridal boutique, MOH boutique, 4 boutonnieres, 4 wristlets, and a silk throw away bridal boutique. Stargazers did inform me that given that my pictures were of silk flowers so that meant the fresh flower boutique would look different but still similar and I was okay with this.

The day before the wedding I planned to go to Stargazers to go pick up the flowers. They were extremely nice as we were running about 10 minutes late due to weather, and Kristi said it was okay that they would still be there. When we got there I was shocked at how small and sad the flowers looked. I saw them when I walked in but I didn't think that was my flowers cause they looked nothing like what I had asked for. Also I didn't think they would be so small. Me and my mom actually put them in the car and I turned to my mom and said I am speechless. We paid $600 and still feel like I need to go buy better looking silk flowers tonight before my wedding tomorrow. I asked my mom if I should go back in, and she was like I don't know but my silk boutique I made you for your bridal portraits looked better. I agreed and we decided to walk back in and ask what they could do.

This is actually when my perception on Kristi changed. I asked why it had no white flowers in a bridal boutique when my picture had a lot of white flowers in it. I was told that since she was a professional florist that she believed that the white would actually make it look unsymmetrical in the pictures, and it wouldn't look as well. While I appreciate the honesty and I understand that as a professional florist you want your product to represent you and it to look nice, I do think this should be discussed with your paying client. I asked for a refund for the silk bouquet, given that I thought that would be fair given that they were silk flowers and the flowers could be reused. I would have loved a refund on my fresh flower boutique as well, but I didn't feel like it was fair given it would be a complete loss for Stargazers (since they couldn't reuse those flowers), and I also had nowhere to go to get someone to make me a new boutique at this point. Upon asking for a refund, I was told that is absolutely no refunds after the product has been made because labor had already been put into making the product and the flowers were ordered specifically for this bouquet. I was completely shocked at this policy as I had never once heard about this policy, and normally a company is required legally to inform you of such policy. I was completely speechless and I asked to leave the flowers and was told that given the no refund policy they were not going to take them back. I asked them if they could add more white flowers, and they proceeded to do so at no extra charge, but they weren’t exactly happy about it as I was told we will have to redo the entire bouquet to add them. I said okay and me and my mom waited. I asked the lady again if there was any way to get a refund on the silk flowers and explained my reasoning to her, and she said I'm sorry Kristi is the owner and it is her decision. Kristi came back with the flowers and yes they looked better but not amazing. Keep in mind we were told there was a no refund policy because of labor and it took her less than 10 minutes to redo the entire boutique.

At this point I was crying because emotions are high during this time of your life, and frankly Kristi didn't seem to care about keeping her customers happy at all. It seemed as a pure I have your money, and I don't care if you like the product you receive or not. I was even told by Kristi that not everything is going to go perfectly on your wedding day. While this is absolutely true, I don't believe it is a florist that I PAID place to tell me this about a product of theirs. She knew I was upset and very unhappy upon leaving as she said if you are still this unhappy in the morning we will try to remake something for you in the morning. I would have loved that but the fact you had to say call if you are unhappy in the morning while you know I am unhappy now says you really wasn't interested in fixing the problem, but more just trying to get me out the door so you could get off work (atleast that's how it came off to me). Therefore, no I didn't contact the morning of my wedding and add more stress to know if flowers would be ready on time for my ceremony.

So in the end, I kept the flowers I had and decided to file a dispute with my credit card company for only the amount of the silk flowers. ($125) Stargazers decided to fight back and in their response said we understood their no refund policy and had not contacted them for 3 months. I don't think one can honestly say we understood the policy if I was crying and left extremely unhappy and upset. Also I tried to tell them upon receiving the products I was unhappy, so what would contacting them do after the fact? We opened the dispute with the credit card company within a month and they took 3 months to respond to the dispute, so I don't think their response was accurate. My credit card company has officially given me a credit for the amount and decided to close the dispute given that the next step would have been asking Stargazers to go to court, and I honestly wasn't trying to draw this out. So in the end, the credit card company decided to take the hit and give us the money that Stargazers wouldn't.

My point in this review is not to completely bash Stargazers as a company because I have seen the work they have done and it looks amazing. However, my products did not look amazing, and the customer service upon them knowing I was unhappy was terrible. I even told the wedding planner that recommended them about everything that happened, and was told wow that is interesting cause I have worked for them for years and have NEVER once been told of a no refund policy that they have. Point being if there is truly a no refund policy, then it is the company's responsible to tell the customers PRIOR to payment. So just wanted to give a heads up in case Stargazers doesn't inform other customers beforehand.

Sent on 02/24/2019