Stardust Celebrations Reviews

154 | Plano, TX

154 Reviews for Stardust Celebrations

3.5

AMAZING DRESSES! and absolutely amazing staff, but are for people with a bit higher of a budget

Sent on 06/25/2013

Despite the slight difficulty of proofing via phone calls (I was out of state) the invitations turned out spectacular. So gorgeous. And with the 15% off from buying my dress there, they were much more reasonable! Definitely check them out!

Sent on 11/27/2012

Stardust Celebrations's reply:

Thank you for this review! We are so glad to hear that you loved your invitations. Congratulations!!

Brooke · Married on 08/10/2012

I made an appointment the weekend after I got engaged to just glance at dresses and get an idea of how much it would run my parents - I called and got a same-day appointment right at Christmas time. Wendy was my bridal dress consultant and she just made the entire experience magical! She even sent me handwritten notes after my purchase. She did a wonderful job of making me feel beautiful and "like a princess" ... She was wonderful! I also had my alterations done by Ruth, she did a great job (although did run a bit late every time, I hear she is just super busy because of how great she is, I'd believe it). I also got my bridesmaid dresses from here, and I can not remember the lady in charge of that department, but she did a fantastic job when I brought in all 3 of my bridesmaids at the same time. The entire Stardust crew did a great job overall and I always felt welcome and privileged to be there ... Thank you Stardust! (PS they have the entire 1st floor dedicated to under $2000 dresses, which is a large selection and I was grateful since that was my budget).

Sent on 10/23/2012
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 06/30/2012

I had 3 different bridal appointments at Stardust, and my consultant Kathy went above and beyond to try to make me as happy as possible. As a plus-sized bride, I thought they were the best of the 10+ bridal salons I went to in the Dallas area in trying to make sure that I had options. I originally decided on an Eve of Milady dress, paid for it, and just couldn't commit. They helped me find a new gown with no problem or complaint and put it up with all my capricious whims. My Jim Hjelm dress I ordered when the designer had a trunk show there, and later they let me cancel a $900 belt I ordered no problem. Marianne was PHENOMENAL as well, with super honest and hilarious feedback and tons of compliments on how good dresses looked. Alterations with Kayla were great; we got our tuxes and bridesmaid's gowns here too (you get a discount). I also got all my jewelry at a trunk show with Paris by Debra Moreland. Yes, things are more expensive, but you are paying for designer goods. I certainly didn't look like a David's Bridal bride. If you need a giant selection and are willing to pay for quality, Stardust is where you need to be (even if you think Mockingbird Bridal is where you should go as a Dallas girl!)

Sent on 07/13/2012

Calli · Married on 09/07/2008

3.5

Wendy at Stardust Celebrations was so helpful. She picked out a dress for me that I would never have seen myself. The dress was absolutely "the one!" Wendy had great tips for me and even helped me pick a veil from a different vendor than her own.

Sent on 10/13/2008

Stardust gave me a wonderful bridal experience! Marianne Phillips was my consultant and helped from picking out the dress to perfecting the color of my veil. She understood my style immediately and had a great system for trying on the dresses (saving the best for last)! The ladies in alterations were also very helpful and were patient with my nitpicking. I also got my jewelry and accessories at a trunk show which was so much fun!

Sent on 04/22/2014

Sarah · Married on 03/28/2009

I actually used Lu Lu's bridal - a division of Stardust - and LOVED them - they were so good to me and my Mother and family that joined me. Very flexible, understanding and responsive - would not have changed a thing!

Sent on 04/14/2009
  • dpwood

Donna · Married on 08/04/2007

You absolutely must work with Marianne. That woman is bad-ass. You want it- she makes it happen. I bought my Justina McCaffrey couture gown from Stardust, and their salon provided me with every luxury I expect of couture vendors. We also got my mother's dress there, and all our bridesmaids dresses (seven!). I had one bridesmaid who was particularly short (4'9"), and they did an amazing alterations job. The stoer was beautiful, and the ladies fabulous- although side note: the women in mother of the bride are typical sales women- everything is "beautiful" on you, so bring someone you trust to tell you the truth! Or just ask Marianne- she won't lie. And when she says she knows what kind of dress will fit your body best- she does. Listen to her, even if you don't like the specific dress- take into account the cut- bc that lady knows what she's talking about.

Sent on 03/28/2008

Becky · Married on 12/31/2006

3.0

They were very flexible. They rush ordered the dress for me (at a cost, of course!) and were very flexible with my needs and wants.

Sent on 10/10/2007

Jennifer · Married on 06/21/2008

A bit overpriced but I wouldn't have changed a thing. My dress was stunning.

Sent on 08/10/2008

Leanne · Married on 03/16/2019

3.0

The alterations department SAVED my dress.

When I first tried on my dress, I knew it was the one. However, I didn't find out until about 8 months after ordering my dress and trying it on for the second time that 1. when I had tried on the size 12 sample 8 months prior, it had been pinned down the middle (along the zipper/buttons) rather than the sides (where the real seams are) which completely changed the true shape of the dress 2. it had not been ordered in a size up. When we talked to the manager about these issues, the dress hadn't been ordered in a size up because I was between sizes and it would have cost more to take in the top half of it. I don't know anything about wedding dresses, but this didn't seem like a good enough reason to order a size under what fits my body. Thankfully, StarDust has an AMAZING alterations team and our seamstress, Shelby, who changed the dress from a U-shape in the back to a V-shape (like I wanted), she let out the skirt of the dress to make it more comfortable and flattering, and she added fabric along the front to make it more modest. She turned a dress I felt I had never even seen before into the most beautiful thing I own, and my wedding day was PERFECT because of the work she did for me. This is by no means a negative review, because I simply believe there was some miscommunication on how to fit brides into sample dresses. But the alterations team turned the story around and I was a beautiful and happy bride on the big day.

Sent on 04/04/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 10/13/2012

StarDust was the very first boutique I went to when I began dress searching. At first I was overwhelmed by the two floors of dresses! But I was greeted and after answering a few questions, I was led straight upstairs to the most beautiful wedding dresses I'd ever seen. Because of how short my engagement was (from engagement to wedding was 2 months) I was very nervous about finding something that I loved and being able to actually get it in time. God was definitely watching out for me because Cathy snuck to the back of the store and brought me a Lazaro gown that was absolutely perfect...exactly what I wanted...and MY SIZE! It was the only one in the store and hadn't even been put out to sell yet! I was able to purchase it that day and it only needed a few minor alterations! Now that my wedding is over, I'm STILL receiving compliments on how beautiful my dress was :) The women at StarDust made me a happy bride!!

Sent on 11/08/2012

Stardust Celebrations's reply:

Sarah, what a wonderful review. Thank you for all of your kind words and we are so excited to hear that you are still receiving compliments on your dress. Congratulations and we look forward to hopefully seeing pictures!!

Morgan · Married on 12/17/2010

I read some not-so-great reviews about Stardust but I had a wonderful experience. Wendy was my consultant and she was so nice. She let me go and pull samples for myself and she pulled some samples for me herself after asking my likes/dislikes/budget. One sample she pulled was a Victoria Nicole mermaid dress, and that was the one! If you like designs by the JLM group (Lazaro, Alvina Valenta, Jim Hjelm) I highly suggest you check into her designs, as she was the founder and head designer for Alvina Valenta before she launched Victoria Nicole. The dress came in earlier than expected and alterations were a breeze with Kayla, the Stardust Alterations Manager. I also got my Toni Federici veil there and it is beautiful. Great experience all around!

Sent on 12/30/2010

Angela · Married on 05/15/2010

I really enjoyed working with Marianne at Stardust. I felt like she was honest and that was appreciated and necessary! We chatted for a minute, she said she had the perfect dress for me, and the first one she pulled was "the one." It's nice to work with someone who has such an eye.

My very favorite thing about my dress was that I never saw it (or anything similar) on another bride. It's nice (albeit unrealistic) to think of your dress as yours alone. They have such a large selection, it is easy to find a unique gown.

Sent on 09/07/2010

Jennifer · Married on 10/25/2008

I got my Maggie Sottero dress at LuLu's (the less expensive Dallas boutique division of Stardust), but did everything except for the initial shopping and ordering at Stardust. Jenny Kline (a co-owner) was a great help. I had been told my dress would be in on a certain day for fitting and when that didn't happen, Jenny made sure I got my dress on time. I did all my alterations with Ruth (alterations for LuLu's dresses on Saturdays at Stardust), and Kayla helped me with dress dry cleaning and delivery (a God-send). I definitely recommend delivery with complimentary pressing for those of you with fabrics that crease easily and don't/can't respond to steam (i.e., silk - like mine). I got shower hostess gifts, cards, honeymoon items and more at Stardust - most for average or below average sales prices.

I would suggest shopping at LuLu's first and getting your service from Stardust (i.e., go there for everything, especially if you live in the Plano or North DFW area). Rose at LuLu's is the absolute best sales associate ever - I recommend her to everyone! She helped me find the perfect veil and tiara to match the dress. They didn't have the perfect jewelry to match, but once I had the numbers/pictures of the veil and tiara (given upon ordering), I could search online and found a perfect ensemble to match.

The new store is great!

Sent on 11/11/2008

3.5

My dress was beautiful and fit perfectly. I do recommend saving a lot of money by going somewhere else for alterations!

Sent on 01/01/2013

Stardust Celebrations's reply:

Thank you for your review! We are so glad that you loved your dress! Congratulations on getting married!

3.5

Stardust has a great collection of wedding gowns.. I found both of my gowns in Plano. Liz was easy to work with she knew what she was doing. My dresses looked amazing! I got lots of compliments.. I loved everything about my experience with the shop. I recommend working with Liz. Her energy is contagious..

Sent on 10/25/2012

Stardust Celebrations's reply:

Thank you for this sweet review! Liz truly does exude a great amount of energy and enthusiasm with each and every person she encounters. We are so glad you had a wonderful experience with her are very thankful for your kind words.

3.0

Mary Ann was impeccable at immediately recognizing my style and helping me find a dress that matched my personality. I ended up with a dress that no one had even tried on. It was perfectly me!

Sent on 02/13/2013

Dani · Married on 12/03/2016

3.0

IN LOVE with my dress! I never want to take it off! The service with ordering bridesmaids dresses was a little unorganized with all of my bridesmaids living in different states...so that made me a little on edge. Other than that, dresses came in on time and everything was great!

Sent on 12/13/2016
  • Future Mrs. Dunn

Chassity · Married on 11/05/2016

2.0

I went to Stardust to get a dress altered after a horrible experience with another bridal shop that's now closing for business, no surprise there. Stardust took me and my dress in with open arms! With my dress purchase I had a "jacket" that was a little matronly and needed to be reconstructed and customized so that it could still be removed for my wedding reception. They did an excellent job. Though I had to pay a lot more than I budgeted for, it was worth the piece of mind knowing that I was working with a real and professional business.

Sent on 12/22/2016
  • #teambaker2014

Tiffany · Married on 09/13/2014

3.5

I found my dress at Stardust Celebrations..my consultant was great. She provided me with different options on accessories, shoes, and veils. My only complaint was another consultant wanted me to take off my dess for another bride to try on while I was still trying to make up my mind

Sent on 04/20/2014
  • Bride2B

Vanessa · Married on 03/14/2014

3.5

I loveeee my dress, I looked at 3 different places before I chose the one, but when I went to LULUS which is a sister to stardust celebrations. but at a lower cost so it fits everyones budget. They were very helpful and Rose helped me put everything on it was just perfect

Sent on 09/19/2013

Sugie · Married on 10/01/2011

3.5

The dress I got was very beautiful and the staff was terrific. It was, however, VERY expensive. And everything that needed to be done to the dress was extra in the fitting. Another $350 on top of $2500 plus the $450 belt. And that doesn't include the shoes or jewelry. But it was very beautiful.

Sent on 12/06/2011

Kristina · Married on 05/26/2012

3.5

Beautiful dress shop, with experienced sales ladies who were helpful!

Sent on 07/29/2013
  • Jenn

Jenn · Married on 04/12/2008

3.0

I worked with both Amy (no longer working at Stardust) and Marianne, and found them both to be extremely helpful. Marianne has a very direct personality and swiftly moves through options with brides. If you are very decisive and have a clear picture of what you want, you'll love the Stardust "experience". If you need some to take you through the process with more time and patience (and with more of a calm demeanor), this may not be the salon for you.

While there are many high end, couture lines at Stardust, that doesn't mean you'll blow your budget! They WILL be very conscious of your price range. I ultimately decided on a gown they didn't actively carry, and after getting price quotes from 8 or 9 other area salons, I found Stardust's price on the gown to be one of the lowest.

When it came time to order my veil, I didn't want to deal with researching ANOTHER vendor. So I didn't shop around and ended up ordering one from Stardust. While I found the price of my dress to be competitive, the price on my veil was ridiculous. I think that many of the "extras" there are overpriced.

My alterations experience was wonderful and prices were reasonable. They pressed my dress twice (once for portraits, once for my wedding day). They even managed to clean a few spots (without an extra charge) from the gown after my bridal portraits. I was so anxious about the fit and comfort of my dress on my wedding day, but Kayla really made the alterations process a breeze. Keep in mind, though, that I needed VERY few alterations (nip in the side seam and bustle ONLY). So, my alterations experience was very simple and uncomplicated.

My mom also purchased her dress at Stardust. She is very self-conscious about her plus-size figure, and the staff took the time to find just the right style and fabric for her. My mom's dress needed many, many alterations that did cost over $200. Also, I felt that her dress was overpriced (when I looked around at other retailers that carried the same dress). However, we were able to schedule our alterations appointments together and we appreciated the service.

Like another reviewer mentioned, the receptionists don't seem to have an answer for anything. That got pretty annoying after a while, especially if your consultant has the day off.

Sent on 05/30/2008