Stardust Celebrations Reviews

154 | Plano, TX

154 Reviews for Stardust Celebrations

Bethany · Married on 04/20/2013

Stardust was the third wedding dress shop I went to. I just wasn't in love with anything I had tried on yet. I met with Liz and told her my vision and she took me immediately over to the dress of my dreams. We tried several other dresses on that day but the Hayley Paige was the one. Liz was so sweet and easy to work with. All of the girls in alterations are awesome! Definitely a must stop for all brides, they have a huge selection of dresses!

Sent on 05/03/2013

Haley · Married on 03/16/2013

Stardust is amazing. If you are in the Dallas/Fort Worth area (or even if you're not) you should not go anywhere else! I went dress shopping on a whim with my mom- we had other plans that day and decided to ditch them to dress shop. I called Stardust on a Saturday, and they were able to get me an appointment that afternoon. I had a consulation with Melissa (if you can work with Melissa, she is the absolute best). I had no pictures, no magazines, and no real idea of what I wanted. Melissa, my mom and I walked through the shop and looked at dresses at or below my budget. While pulling dresses, Melissa got a much better sense of my style and what I was looking for. I tried on about 10-15 dresses. There was a particular dress that I wasn't sure if I liked on the hanger, but I was willing to try it on and am so glad I did. As soon as she dropped it over my head and I saw myself in the mirror, I burst into tears. It was perfect. Melissa paired a gorgeous belt with it- it would not have been the same dress without the belt. I was told by many people (and I believe it was sincere) that I had the prettiest wedding gown they had ever seen. I would have never picked that style if not for Melissa and Stardust.
    In addition, they invited me to a special veil trunk show where I got my gorgeous veil and hair pins to wear with the gown all the way from Paris. I bought my shoes at Stardust too- ask for the 'tango' shoes they have there. I can't remember the designer, but they are gorgeous and meant to be dance shoes so they are easier to walk on and extremely comfortable.
    Kayla in alterations is also amazing. She is extremely meticulous (which you want when getting your dress altered). I recommend Stardust to any other brides as well as the mothers of the bride (they have gorgeous gowns for mothers too).

Sent on 03/27/2013

Tracey · Married on 03/09/2013

The staff at Stardust is wonderful to work with! Maryanne helped me narrow down my dress "style" based on what I wanted-- and helped intervene on my behalf when friends and family were trying to steer me in another direction! The dresses are beautiful and the staff is extremely professional without being pushy.

We ordered my dress (which came in early!) and belt. I lost 30 lbs between the time we ordered my dress, and the weeks prior to my wedding. Ruth in the alterations department is amazing! She took 7 inches out of the top of my dress, and it looks as if it just showed up from the designer.

I would recommend Stardust to ANY bride looking for a dress.

Sent on 02/17/2013

Anne · Married on 12/29/2012

I loved working with Liz at Stardust!! She was so fun to be part of the big decision on the dress, she was very in tune with what I was wanting and let me go with her to help pull dresses. I'd been to another salon prior where they had me go sit in the dressing room while they pulled dresses for me. I felt like that left me out of part of the process, so Liz had it just right. Stardust was fantastic at getting the dress and veil in on time, were extremely flexible on alteration appointment and really worked with me to be sure I was 100% happy with the fit of my dress. They have such a huge selection of dresses, and it is a gorgeous salon.

Sent on 01/21/2013

Annie · Married on 11/10/2012

OK – I felt the absolute need to post this amazing review bc I ALMOST cancelled my appt w/ Stardust (SD) based on all the bad reviews…I actually made the call to cancel and my asst @ SD (Liz) re-assured me that everything was going to be great and I decided to try it anyways. I dreaded my appt…up until the point that I walked in. After that…I have never had a more pleasant and happy experience! Not one person at Stardust treated me badly or gave me dirty looks (Like reviews said..) Every single person (we shopped in the various departments that they offer for bridesmaids, mother of the brides, tuxedos, wedding glasses, cake servers, garters, etc etc)…every single person was pleasant and helpful and happy to give their opinion and help us find exactly what we wanted. We had a budget…and not ONCE did we feel that we could not find the perfect dress in that store. I am not a sample size…some of the reviews said that they wouldn’t even let you try on dresses if you weren’t a sample size…this couldn’t be further from the truth! I have been to several other bridal shops before SD, and there was one in particular that I thought I would get my dress from…but after my experience here – there is no question that they are the best…the best people, the best dresses, the best everything :) I ended up ordering a dress that I did love…and everyone thought was beautiful on me…however throughout the week I decided it wasn’t “the one”…I called Liz – she figured everything out to cancel the order and I came back in to look. She had pre-pulled things that she thought would be “the one”. …and sure enough…the 2nd dress I tried on (it would have been the first but I was being stubborn on trying on this ridiculously poofy one first haha) …so the 2nd dress I tried on that SHE picked out for me…was ABSOLUTE PERFECTION. It is a Monique Lluillier (SP?) and besides a hem…no alterations will need to be done…it is that perfect…omgosh!! SO – sorry for the long review…but I just wanted the brides out there to know…do not be afraid of all these horrible things that ppl are saying…bc SD made my dress shopping experience unforgettable!!! AND I saw several brides there at the same time as me that were having just as good of a time :) :) :)
    I hope this helps……….GO SEE LIZ – I’m pretty sure she’s like a bridal angel! ;)

Sent on 05/14/2012

Stardust Celebrations's reply:

Thank you so much for this incredible review! It means so much to us to hear about the amazing experiences our brides have especially in each every department in our store. We are so happy you took a chance and came to our store and found your dream gown with Liz! We look forward to seeing your wedding pictures!
  • User2582072 · 2+ years ago

The bridal stylist was very friendly and knowledgable, I had a great experience. The store is like a fairy tale store very elegant and formal. I loved this store!!

Sent on 08/06/2012

Stardust Celebrations's reply:

Thank you for your kind review! We hope we were able to make your fairy tale wedding come true as well.

Jessica · Married on 10/13/2012

We got the dress at LuLu's Bridal that is the sister store of Stardust, and they were amazing. My alterations were actually done at Stardust and Ruth, the alterations woman, was amazing! She did an outstanding job on my lace dress.

Sent on 10/30/2012

Stardust Celebrations's reply:

Thank you for your review Jessica! We greatly appreciate it and are so glad to hear you had a wonderful experience with LuLu's and the alterations department. Congratulations on your wedding!
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 06/25/2012

Excited to wear a custom, couture gown on my wedding day!

I shopped only at StarDust for my wedding gown and had a wonderful experience! My stylist really plugged into who I was and my style to reflect who I would be as a bride. All of the staff were extremely knowledgeable and genuinely excited when I made the decision on my gown. Although what I selected and the custom changes that needed to be made were at the top of my budget, my stylist helped me understand why I would ultimately be happier with the gown after doing so. I had somewhat of a difficult fit, but I feel confident that it will make the look worth it! My overall experience proved that StarDust is home to the true professional bridal consultants. Don't bother shopping anywhere else!

Sent on 08/16/2019

Laura · Married on 03/24/2012

I cannot say enough nice things about the team at Stardust. Everyone from Liz in sales to Kayla in Alterations did such a fabulous job. The store has a very wide selection of gorgeous gowns and everything else you could every possibly need. We also ordered our invitations and tux's here and everything was perfect. I HIGHLY recommend this bridal salon.

Sent on 04/10/2012

I scheduled my appointment with StarDust and went in eager anticipation of experiencing the experience commonly depicted on TV. I was extremely pleased when my expectation was not only met, but surpassed. I had a funny, down to earth, extremely helpful sales associate named Liz. Her sense of humor immediately put myself as well as all 6 of my guests at ease. She asked me what my expectations/desires for my wedding gown were and pulled several dresses that matched my description. She happily lugged all of the heavy dresses into the fitting room and talked me through the entire process. She was extremely respectful of my budget and never picked a dress that was outside of my price range. As a matter of fact, when I requested she pull a particular dress for me, she reminded me of my price range. Unbeknownst to me, my mother had also had her eye on this exact gown! Liz pulled the gown and assisted me into it and knew immediately by my cessation of talking that this was THE GOWN! The great service of StarDust did not stop there. The alteration process was a breeze and everything arrived as ordered, in the appropriate time frame, and was completed way before the estimated completion date despite me getting a "late start" on gown searching! Liz and I have kept in contact and are now even Facebook friends! I did more than purchase a wedding gown from StarDust, I found a friend!

I would highly recommend StarDust to anyone searching for the perfect dress!

Thank you, Liz and the StarDust team...I am forever grateful!

Sent on 04/07/2014

Heidi · Married on 11/11/2011

Mary Ann at Stardust Celebrations helped me find the PERFECT gown!! Every time I visited the salon they made me feel like a princess!!! I would highly recommend Stardust Celebrations for finding your perfect dress.

Sent on 12/10/2011

Jessica · Married on 11/11/2011

Marianne at Stardust Celebrations helped me find the dress of my dreams. The dress was discontinued but she contacted the dress designer and I got my dream dress! Thank You!!

Sent on 01/19/2012

Meredith · Married on 11/05/2011

I loved my experience with Stardust! Everyone was extremely helpful and attentive. I always felt like a VIP whenever I was there, and even after I had picked out my dress, they arranged for me to meet the designer at his trunk show and have him add his personal touch. I would definitely recommend going to Stardust for your gown.

Sent on 06/07/2012

Jessica · Married on 09/17/2011

I actually went to LuLu's Bridal for my dress, but I couldn't seem to find them on here. Since they are a sister store to Stardust, I thought I would comment here.

LuLu's is AMAZING. The staff there is BEYOND accommodating and they are ALL nice. Lisa was my consultant and she was the best. She kept my spirits up and kept me laughing when I tried on a dress that didn't look so hot, which was very helpful for me since I was so nervous about it in the first place. It was like I had known her for years and I had just met her 5 minutes ago. I had to rush my dress since I waited so long. It was estimated to come in August (my wedding was in Sept eeek!!) and it came at the end of July... which was great! Ruth was the alterations lady and she was very nice and very easy to work with. I will say if you want to book a Saturday, book in advance. Her weekends fill up FAST!

Overall, my experience at LuLu's was top notch. After spending a whole day shopping for wedding dresses, I couldn't imagine buying my dress anywhere else than LuLu's.

Sent on 09/29/2011

Beverly · Married on 09/10/2011

Wonderful shop for Mother of the Occasion dresses. The sales team is professional, knowledgeable, and works to find a dress that really looks good on you! Highly recommend this store.

Sent on 01/27/2012

Taylor · Married on 07/16/2011

We went to Stardust for my wedding dress, bridesmaids dresses, mother of the bride dress, and alterations. THEY WERE AWESOME! I was so nervous trying to find the perfect dress and Wendy was the most fabulous person to work with. She was hilarious and made my mom, maid of honor, and myself feel so comfortable. She was able to figure out what types of dresses I was looking for and what types looked best on me from the very beginning. I could not have asked for a better sales person to work with. For our bridesmaids dresses, I think the woman we worked with name was Myrna. She was so fabulous. I changed the color of my dress later on, and she was completely able to work with me on fixing it. Most of my girls lived out of town, and she was able to take all their phone calls and questions when they had them. My mom loved the woman she worked with for her dress. The lady made her feel so comfortable and really helped her find a dress that fit her style. We loved working with Kayla in alterations. She was so fun and made our appointments quick and easy. I don't think we were ever in there for longer than 30 minutes each time we met with her. She was even able to work with us on waiting a bit to alter it for the final fitting. Overall we had a great experience with StarDust. I wouldn't have gone anywhere else.

Sent on 08/02/2011

Katie · Married on 07/03/2011

Stardust Celebrations took care of me and my family like they had known us forever. They see so many brides everyday, but while I was there they made me feel like it was all about me. The sales woman we had was fabulous. She was sweet and very knowledgable about the gowns. It was like she knew exactly what I was looking for. The alterations lady was really great too. My family lives in San Antonio so we had to go up to Dallas to find they dress and go back to pick up the dress and make alterations. She met us on her day off early in the morning, just to make sure my dress was perfect. We also got my hand dyed shoes for the wedding there, my veil and hair piece. Everything was perfect. Wish I could do it all over again. Truly a great experience!

Sent on 01/19/2012

Sandra · Married on 05/29/2011

Lulu's was by far my favorite wedding decision when picking what I was going to wear down the isle. The staff there (Sharon, Lisa, Ruth) were just FANTASTIC and 5 stars just doesn't cut it for them. We went to a couple of different bridal shops and were so dissapointed in their customer service. One salon told my mom I could only try on 5 dresses and if there were more I had to make another appointment. Another made us wipe our hands before entering the shop and would only let us bring 1 person to pick out dresses. Lulu's customer service is unmatchable. You really think you are the only bride in the store the way they treat you. They are genuinely happy for you, not pushy, respond to email and voicemails, and are just fun to work with. Ruth was amazing at alterations, especially since I had a lot of changes with my dress. PLEASE PLEASE go to Lulu's if you're looking for your perfect dress. As a side note, we also went to Stardust and their customer service was impressive as well. Please see Marianne. She is wonderful!!!

Sent on 06/06/2011

Katie · Married on 03/26/2011

Lulu's was incredible. Found the absolutely perfect dress, was able to schedule fittings from out of state and they worked with me to get everything done in time. Had the dress cleaned and pressed ready to go days before the ceremony. Definitely recommend them.

Sent on 03/31/2011

Heather · Married on 02/19/2011

Kayla was so great to work with! Very sweet, detailed, honest and thorough! I also enjoyed Nancy and her help picking a dress and veil. I couldn't have been happier with my purchases or the way my dress fit. Two thumbs up! My bridesmaids also enjoyed working with Cambry...would recommend to any bride!

Sent on 02/28/2011
  • Ashleigh

Ashleigh · Married on 01/01/2011

I had a great experience with Stardust Celebrations. I worked with Wendy and she was fantastic. They were patient with me -as I came in 3 times before I finally purchased. Then I came in probably another 3 times in the 5 months waiting for my dress to be made to try on the sample to show my family members what I picked out.

The dresses are expensive, but these dresses are handmade. This is not Davids Bridal.

Go to Stardust for the great selection and great service!

Sent on 01/27/2011

J · Married on 08/28/2010

I bought my Jim Hjelm gown at Stardust and couldn't have been happier. I worked with Nancy who is the most patient and sweet woman! I spent a good 3 hours there trying on probably 50 dresses and Nancy just patiently helped me try on dress after dress, giving me honest advice about each one. When I finally made my decision, she followed up regularly with me to advise on the status of the dress and to make sure I was happy with it. The store is nicely laid out, spacious, and elegant, and they have a large selection of dresses with a wide price range. Highly recommended!

Sent on 09/12/2010

Rosemary · Married on 06/26/2010

I bought my bridesmaids' dresses at Stardust and my wedding dress at Lulu's (their sister store). I was VERY happy with the level of service I got from Ashley (Stardust) and Kim (Lulu's). The dresses were beautiful, and they came in earlier than expected!

The only thing I was disappointed in was that when I picked up my wedding dress, it did not have the lace trim it was supposed to have around the bottom. I don't know why it came without it, but the women at Lulu's took care of it and made sure the lace came directly from the designer and was attached to the dress just perfectly.

I also HIGHLY recommmend getting your alterations done through their contracted seamstress - I've forgotten her name, but she has been working on wedding dresses for years and did a flawless job!

Sent on 07/20/2010
  • jenny_seitz

Jenny · Married on 05/08/2010

Marianne at Stardust was phenomenal. She was not at all pushy and allowed me and my company to choose the dresses that I was interested in.

The ladies in Alterations are also amazing! They can make a dress fit like a glove!

Sent on 10/03/2010

Ashlie · Married on 03/06/2010

You will find no better personal service at any other bridal salon in DFW. The women here make you feel like a princess. Trying on dresses and deciding on my dream gown was an absolute joy thanks to my consultant Marianne. She was amazing throughout the whole process, always knowing exactly what I needed and providing me with everything. I ended up buying a pretty pricey dress, more than I originally budgeted, but it was worth every penny. It's one of the most unique and stunning dresses I have ever seen, and everyone at my wedding told me the same thing! We also got my bridesmaid dresses there, and they were gorgeous! The fabric, color and different silhouettes were so beautiful that everyone at the wedding was saying they were the best bridesmaid dresses they had ever seen. Everything that Stardust had a hand in for my wedding was absolutely wonderful. I recommend this store to ALL newly engaged brides I encounter.

Sent on 03/12/2010