Stardust Celebrations Reviews

154 | Plano, TX

154 Reviews for Stardust Celebrations

Latonya · Married on 08/29/2015

Stardust is one of the best places in Dallas to get wedding gown. Paek my consultant was a joy to work with. The atmosphere was very nice and the staff is so courteous.

Sent on 09/16/2015

Alyssa · Married on 05/02/2015

Got my dress at a branch of Stardust a Celebrations, A Curvy Bride. Our assistant was very helpful and I found the perfect dress for our big day! So excited!!

Sent on 12/05/2014

Please go see Marianne Stayer Phillips! She has bee such a joy to work with. Because of her I found a gorgeous wedding dress I could afford and the tuxs for the grooms. She was very honest with me and did not allow me to just buy any dress. She made this plus size diva happy to be getting married in her couture gown!

Sent on 11/10/2014

Joyce · Married on 03/28/2015

Stardust Celebrations is really the place to go first when you are planning a wedding. I had always believed that you should go to people who specialize in one thing and do that one thing well...but at Stardust they really do it ALL well, from choosing the perfect bridal gown with the help of Marianne, having it altered to perfection by Ruth at Altered for the Alter, getting bridesmaid's dresses and mother-of-the bride dress with Courtney, through invitations and tuxedo rentals.

Marianne who helped my daughter choose her perfect gown is amazing. She really listens to what the bride wants but also knows what will really work with her figure and budget. She was an absolute joy to work with. When the dress comes in you are handed over to Ruth who somehow transforms it into a work of art that fits like you never thought it cou

Sent on 04/16/2015

Abby · Married on 03/28/2015

Marianne was my bridal consultant, and she was one of the biggest blessings of my wedding planning process. She helped this picky bride find the perfect dress (no small feat!) with no pressure nor gimmicks whatsoever. She took care of me like I was her daughter, and by the end of the wedding planning process, I truly felt like Marianne was part of the family.

Ruth's honesty, experience, and sense of humor made alterations a wonderful experience. She listened to and addressed my concerns and made my dress fit absolutely flawlessly. Ruth even hand-sewed part of my mom's wedding dress into my dress. Ruth transformed my dress from something beautiful to something absolutely unforgettable, and I am forever grateful!

After I had such a wonderful experience with Stardust for my dress, I couldn't imagine going anywhere else for my wedding needs. I used Stardust for my wedding day accessories, bridesmaid dresses, tuxedos, and invitations.

Sent on 04/25/2015

Sarah · Married on 03/21/2015

I worked with Paik to buy my dress and with Ruth for alterations. I absolutely LOVED my experience at Stardust! Paik let me browse all of the dresses and did not ever rush or pressure me to do anything!! She was solely concerned with helping me find THE dress and did not care how many dress or how long it took. Stardust was the first place I tried on dresses, so I came back after I tried on at a few different spots. I got down to my favorite two - both at Stardust - and I swear I was in there for an hour trying to pick! When I finally chose she was as excited for me as my family and took care of me through the process of buying it, up to alterations!! Ruth with alterations was also just as amazing!! She knows exactly what she is doing and I LOVE the way my dress fit. I wish I could wear it all the time, it wasn't too tight and I was able to move easily in it - and in 4 1/2 inch heels!!! I highly recommend Stardust to anyone!!! Also - they have so many partners to help with other aspects of your day, and you get a discount for purchasing your dress with them!

Sent on 04/23/2015

Marianne was wonderful to work with. She is hilarious, but really knows what she's talking about. She was patient and helpful as I tried on what felt like every dress in the store. After finding the one, she was quick to keep me updated on the status of the order, and once it came in, was so helpful in setting up alterations. She was such a dream to work with, and I felt like she truly cared about me as a bride! Thanks Marianne!

Sent on 01/06/2015

Mallori · Married on 12/13/2014

Very helpful and attentive! I went in not expecting to buy a dress because i had a very very specific idea of what i wanted. I thought i would have to get something custom made. I left with the perfect dress that day!

Sent on 09/14/2014

Kendra · Married on 11/08/2014

You get so much great service! I loved working with Laura and all the team is always so much help!

Sent on 11/17/2014

Katie · Married on 10/25/2014

I purchased my wedding dress at stardust and couldn't of been any happier, there have the best selection of designer dresses there staff is always helpful. They have the best lil store down stair that sells all kinds of bridal goodies are for everyday they have a great selection of jewelry too. There alteration department is top notch. I highly recommend to brides to check out the dresses there at stardust, trust me you wont be displeased. Thank you Stardust Celebrations

Sent on 10/29/2014

Abigail · Married on 08/31/2014

As a bride who has not been planning her wedding since she was 5, I was very vulnerable when it came to people giving me advise and I took it without doing a ton of research. This is what happened when It came to alterations for my wedding dress. I purchased my dress in New Orleans and had it altered in IRVING, TX. After picking up my dress I was very unhappy and was told that there basically was nothing she could do at this point. Then my friend Renee referred me to Stardust and they immediately wanted to accommodate me. I told them I was getting married in 2 weeks and she assured me it could be finished in time. And it was. It is perfect. Everything that the other seimstress told me couldn’t be done because she was being lazy, they did the exact opposite and educated me on my dress and what needs to be done down to the T. Riley was so so sweet and made me feel so much better about my pretty dress that had been altered very poorly and put my mind at rest until I picked up the dress. It fits absolutely perfect and was done in plenty of time! Thank you ALTERATIONS at STARDUST for helping make my dress to how I pictured it in the first place. Y’all are awesome!

ABBY

Sent on 08/23/2014

I truly enjoyed coming to Stardust. Every time I came I was greeted with a smile and felt welcome. Everything is very well organized and professional (unlike some other salons I went to). Melissa was the absolute BEST consultant! She really had a way of figuring out what I wanted and putting it into words even when I couldn't. I did not end up getting my dress here, but only because I found a dress by a designer they did not carry. I came multiple times and was never rushed or pressured into getting a dress which gives them high marks from me. I would absolutely recommend coming here!

Sent on 11/04/2013

Taylor · Married on 04/26/2014

I would recommend Stardust to any friends/family looking for a wedding dress! Liz was so helpful and found me my absolute perfect dress... it was exactly what I wanted! She also made the experience so fun and easy, nothing like what I thought it would be. The Alterations department has been so nice in working with me on appointments since I live about 3 hours away. The veil and hairpiece I bought were also amazing and so pretty! I cant wait until I can put it all together... its going to be perfect! GO HERE! Its the best :)

Sent on 05/06/2014

Nicole · Married on 04/04/2014

I GREATLY ENGOYED MYSELF AT STARTDUST CELEBRATIONS!! MARIANNE PHILLIPS (THE LADY THAT TOOK CARE OF ME THERE) WAS FANOMANAL! SHE REALLY DID KNOW WHAT SHE WAS DOING, SHE COULD READ ME LIKE A BOOK. SHE HAD PICKED OUT MY DRESS WITHIN THE FIRST HANDFULL OF DRESSES IN THE DRESSING ROOM, "THANKS TO ME DOING MY HOMEWORK AS WELL." ALL IN ALL I HAD A WONDERFUL EXPERIANCE! THANK YOU STARDUST CELEBRATIONS.

Sent on 09/24/2013

We were so pleased with all aspects of our experience with Stardust Celebrations in the assistance in finding the perfect dress and accessories. It was a wonderful experience. Wendy, the sales associate, did a great job helping my daughter find "the dress" and all the accessories. When we wanted to add a component to the dress, the personnel at the store worked with us to add the design features that make it absolutely perfect. It is difficult to express the gratitude we have for Ruth in working with us to get the dress altered and the design work done. Ruth and Riley were just delightful. Our experience could not have been better and our lives have been positively touched by these women.

Sent on 01/22/2014

Becky · Married on 12/28/2013

Devan Sheil was so helpful with me finding just the right Mother of the Groom dress! She was so professional and able to get my dress ordered and sent to me ASAP! I also emailed her and ask for shoe recommendations--she responded immediately--gold! And she was so right! I LOVE Stardust Celebrations! I had earlier (11yrs earlier) purchased my Mother of the Bride dress and have never been happier! Thank you again!

Sent on 01/07/2014

Charlene · Married on 10/19/2013

I purchased my wedding gown through stardust. We also used them for tuxedo rentals. We were OVERLY happy with their service and professionalism. Everything was so timely and Ruth was amazing to work with! Definitely recommend!

Sent on 11/07/2013

Katie · Married on 10/12/2013

The dress I found here was gorgeous! And I got tons of complements. Customer service was great as well!

Sent on 11/01/2013

Millerann · Married on 10/05/2013

Stardust helped me find a beautiful dress. It was everything I had ever wanted. The buying and altering process was easy. Alterations was a very smooth process and she did an amazing job! I was so pleased with my experience.

Sent on 10/21/2013

Danielle · Married on 09/19/2013

I had searched a couple different stores for my wedding gown and never had great customer service, it's an exciting time so you want people to be excited with you! All of that changed when I met Liz, she was wonderful right off the bat. I am very indecisive, so you can imagine wedding dress shopping. I had my heart set on a Lazaro ball gown that was $3700. I never really pictured myself in a form fitting lace dress until Liz pulled it for me. I was surprised how well it fit and showed off my figure. After that trying on the lace dress, I realized the Lazaro gown was not for me. The best part was my Robert Bullock gown was $1800. Score! Liz really helped pull me out of my comfort zone but trying something different and it worked. I loved my gown, simple and elegant for my beach wedding.

I came back for a fitting and worked with MaryAnn to get a veil. I told her exactly the style I was looking for (Long veil, no frills, just plain) and she had the perfect one. I wanted a dramatic veil for my wedding and she helped find the perfect one. My pictures look gorgeous with it flying in the wind :) Thank you Stardust Celebrations for providing me with that perfect bridal experience. It's really important to feel special when you are shopping for your gown, veil, etc. and they made that a reality.

Sent on 08/04/2014

Alicia · Married on 08/03/2013

I had a wonderful experience finding my dress at Stardust! I worked with Liz who was amazing through the whole process. I was so indecisive, even going back on my decision at one time and thinking I wanted to get a different dress! Liz was so patient with me and accommodated me through the whole process! I ended up falling back in love with the dress I initially bought (it was just commitophobia and nerves I think haha).

They carry some pricey gowns but as long as you know the price point you want and stick to it, the value is good. They carry gowns of all price ranges! No more than most other places.

I also got my wedding invitations and veil and bridal belt from them. Since I bought my dress there I got a discount on all of them! It was a much needed savings! I literally saved several hundred dollars after it was all done! Nina helped me with invitations. Melissa helped me accessorize. All the girls there are great! I have no complaints!

Sent on 08/19/2013

Li · Married on 06/29/2013

Kristen and Devan were our planners for the wedding. Those two did a fantastic job. They coordinated the final details with the vendors and ensured that the day ran smoothly. We did the Twinkle Twinkle package and that was the perfect amount of involvement for us. Kristen and Devan were amazing and we were very happy with the services provided. I did not have to worry about anything on the day of the wedding because they took care of everything!

Sent on 07/02/2013

Heather · Married on 05/13/2013

Marianne at Stardust Celebrations was amazing and helped me say yes to the dress! I'm tall and thin with a long torso and strapless dresses don't look great on me. I have a lot of space between my shoulders and boobs, weird I know. Anyways, I had the hardest time finding a dress and no joke went to 5 different bridal salons in San Antonio and had no luck at all. While in Dallas I stopped in and Marianne listened to my needs AND didn't hover while letting me browse. I tried on a beautiful Watters strapless dress which had everything I was looking for in a dress except straps. Marianne is the only consultant out of everyone who ever helped me that said "That's no problem, we'll just order some extra fabric and make a halter". Those words made me the happiest girl ever! We added a halter to the dress and it was absolutely perfect. She's funny, blunt and very honest which I really appreciated. I would highly recommend Marianne and Stardust Celebrations!

Sent on 07/02/2013
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 05/11/2013

I traveled to Plano, Texas to find my dream wedding dress. From the moment you walk in Stardust Celebrations, you feel like a celebrity. I was greeted by the Stardust family and welcomed with open arms. Kathy, was the sales girl that listened to exactly what I wanted and brought me a number of dresses to choose from. The first dress, ended up being The One. She helped me accessorize everthing from the earrings, the sash and the veil, all of which I ended up purchasing. At the end of the day, I not only found my dream dress, I found a lasting friendship. I also purchased my invitations and save the dates from their wide selection there. Nina created the perfect wedding invitation and save the date for us. I recommend Stardust for your perfect wedding attire and invitations. (also can find wedding party dresses to tuxes here)

Sent on 06/10/2013

Stephanie · Married on 04/20/2013

I highly recommend coming here, first!!!

I went to seven other stores and was having the worst experiance ever. People were rude, wouldn't help us because we did not have an appointment but they were all standing around doing nothing. i just had a baby and I am a size 16 now and the dresses i did like were not in my size, some places i only got to try on one dress. I am still loosing the baby weight so even if i liked the dress i wasnt happy with how i looked in them. needless to say i was very frusterated.

THEN, we went to stardust. MARY ANNE was AMAZING! she was not pushy and she was all about what i wanted. Gave me several ideas and made me feel beautiful (how a girl should feel when trying on wedding gowns) She even paperdolled me in the dresses that werent in my size so i could see exactly how they would look on me. Genious!! She is fantastic at her job!

I actully did not find a dress there that i just loved. So, she recommended me to go to Lulu's in downtown said she is sure i will find something there. And i did, the dress made me cry and i new immediately that was the one. I hate that i do not get to buy a dress from Mary Anne but i will recommend everyone i know to go see her.

Sent on 10/28/2012

Stardust Celebrations's reply:

Stephanie, thank you so much for writing this wonderful review! We are so happy that you had such a wonderful experience with Marianne at our store and that she was able to lead you in the right direction, LuLu's, to find your perfect dream gown! Congratulations and please share pictures on our facebook page after the wedding!