Star Fleet Yachts Reviews

17 | Kemah, TX

17 Reviews for Star Fleet Yachts

• Ree M-Tyler

REE · Married on 12/05/2015

WOW! Where do I start? From the very beginning, Star Fleet Yachts made us feel special and at ease. They said all we do is pick out food and their suggested vendors and they'll do the rest. Boy did they!!!! We had a wonderful wedding aboard the Star Gazer. Michele was our wedding planner and she did an AWESOME job with keeping us on track and bringing her expertise skills to the surface. We sent her flowers afterwards just to show our appreciation. The yacht was decorative very nicely. Everyone had a wonderful time and are still talking about how much fun they had. We couldn't have asked for a better venue. Thanks again SFY!! We will be having other parties here in the future.

Sent on 02/01/2016

michelle · Married on 04/17/2015

If you want a stress free wedding let the staff at star fleet host your big day. We had no problems, beautiful setting. Our boat captain was so skilled that none of our guest knew how bad it was storming outside. Our family and friends are still talking about what a great time they had.

Michelle/John
    April 2015

Sent on 05/31/2015

Jane · event on 03/03/2014

I have been on many events with this venue. If you love the water this is the place to go in the Clear Lake area. The staff is attentive and courteous. The captain was sure slow down the yacht so we could throw beads to the folks on the boardwalk. Am absolutely fantastic night!

Sent on 08/15/2014

Josie · Married on 12/01/2012

We wanted a laid back wedding with good food and entertainment. Starfleet did an amazing job!!! I want to say thank you to Michael and Lisa for doing an awesome job! They made my perfect day even more perfect with their professionalism and courtesy. I am very pleased with the staff and service! The salad was a hit!!!! And the DJ was great!!!! The grooms best part was the ps3 cake from Fiona's bakery!! I am definitely going to renew our vows here!! Again thank you starfleet!!!!!!!

Mr. And Mrs. Ky Nguyen

Sent on 12/03/2012

Kim · Married on 10/21/2012

We did a private charter on Kemah Star Fleet Yachts, Star Spiirit the day after our wedding. We got married in Galveston on 10/20/12 & wanted to take our family & friends out to continue celebrating. What an AMAZING time we had! Everybody on staff was so courteous and fun. The food was oh so delicious! Our family & friends can't stop talking about it!! We will definitely be going back!!!

Sent on 10/22/2012

Janet · Married on 10/21/2012

Star Fleet Yachts helped to make my wedding day a perfectly memorable event. Everyone associated with Star Fleet Yachts assisted me through the planning stage and every step of the way on my wedding day. Everyone was personable, professional, and extremely responsive. I had guests telling me it was the best wedding they had ever attended. The entire menu was delicious and wonderfully presented. The bride's cake and the groom's cake (from Fiona Bakery) were just as designed; they were beautiful, moist, and tasted great. The DJ (Paul with Sound Connections, Inc.) was entertaining and played a perfect selection of music--just as we had discussed. I would definitely recommend Star Fleet Yachts to anyone planning a special event!

Sent on 10/24/2012

Judy · Married on 04/15/2012

What can I say - Star Fleets is fabulous! Everything was taken care of before I could even think of it. Seriously, the day of the wedding, I would ask someone from Star Fleets to do something and they advised it was already done! This happened many times throughout the day. I was able to totally relax and leave it all up to them! The Event Planner (Michael) the Wedding Directors (Lisa and Devin) the Cake Lady (Fiona) the Chef and Food service personnel, and the DJ were all fantastic and incredibly accomodating and professional. A true joy to work with.

Sent on 04/20/2012

Renee · Married on 11/26/2011

The staff was a pleasure to work with. They were professional and made my wedding day perfect. Teresa was great at customizing my package and Michael was awesome with the final details. The cake by Fiona's looked amazing and tasted great. The DJ from Sound Connection was fabulous. The flowers by Constance looked like a million bucks. The boat staff (Captain, Servers etc) were all amazing. The food served on the boat was worthy of 5 stars. My wedding was perfect... Absolutely amazing... What I expected and so much more...

Sent on 11/29/2011
  • Soon to be a Mrs.

Candace · Married on 05/23/2009

What else can I say but WOW!! This venue was perfect for my wedding, the staff was great and got rave reviews from my guests! The food was awesome and nicely presented. The DJ was included as well and he was quite funny and played all the songs i had requested and then some. I have to say without the wedding consultants there it would have been a train wreck but they kept everthing in order and we were even ahead of schedule! I would absolutely recommend the Star Fleet Yachts as an incredible wedding venue.

Sent on 06/10/2009

LeChelle · Married on 10/10/2009

Star Fleet made our wedding day perfect. I could not have asked for a better group of people. Vernon was very professional and great to plan with, and answered all my questions in a timely manner. Lydia made the reception flow and kept us on time and was professional as well. They made the planning very easy and all the guest had a great time and the food was very good. I would definlty use them again.

Sent on 11/24/2009

Liz · Married on 06/03/2013

We were originally suppose to have our wedding aboard the Carnival Triumph on June 3rd. With all the issues the ship was having since February I was so stressed and worried they were going to cancel our wedding cruise. It took the joy out of planning our wedding. So we started looking for a plan B just in case and found Star Fleet. Then in the middle of April, Carnival cancelled our wedding/cruise. We had about five weeks until the wedding and Star Fleet came to the rescue!

The staff was amazing and so helpful and made me excited again about planning our wedding. The wedding turned out fantastic and way beyond our expectations. Captain Nate was awesome and the whole staff was incredible. Overall, the food was delicious (mash potatoes were a little dry) and the cakes from Fiona's Bakery were wonderful. The DJ kept everybody on the dance floor and did an awesome job playing the type of music we requested.

Everyone had such a great time and so many of my guest commented on how wonderful the wedding was and that it was the most unique wedding they have ever attended. It was truly a magical night, one that we and our guest will always remember! My only complaint was that it was not long enough! We wished we would have added the extra hour to the cruise because no one was ready for it to end!

I can not thank the staff at Star Fleet enough for making our wedding so amazing! In the end we were so thankful that our original wedding on the Triumph was cancelled because I know we would not have been as happy with the overall experience. We and our had an eight hour or more drive down to the Kemah/Galveston area and it was so worth the drive! If you are looking for a fun and unique wedding we highly recommend Star Fleet!

Sent on 06/14/2013
  • angela

angela · Married on 11/21/2012

Being new to the area, I needed professionals I could trust. Star Fleet is the absolute best yacht cruise service and wedding planning service hands down. I visited another and am quite pleased with the service and attention to detail I received from the initial meeting until my final guest left my reception.

Sent on 11/28/2012

Devyn · Married on 12/21/2008

4.2
      3.0

It is a little pricey so I would choose a Sunday, and be sure you go through colors with them. The seat covers are usually set to be champagne but they are very flexible if you give them additional colors plenty ahead of time. Very nice and so stress free. They had everything already lined up, I just met with the dj, planner, then chose my cake. Quick and simple. BEST day of my life.

Sent on 11/11/2009

Michael & Shannon · Married on 09/29/2012

3.5

Our wedding was Beautiful and one of a kind. Star Fleet offered a base package that we built on. The crew and captain was SUPERB and attentive to the wedding party and the guests. The DJ was top notch and tailored the music to our wishes. Our wedding was quite non-traditional in regards to our music but he played it just as we wanted. The guests thoroughly enjoyed themselves and romance was in the air for more than the bride and groom.
    On vendors, Fiona's Bakery provided a beautiful and delicious cake and we chose an outside florist, Seabrook House of Flowers operated by Rachel...she went above and beyond. Thank you Rachel.
    Sadly there was some things that weren't top notch, namely the wedding coordinator, Lisa. She contacted us shortly before the wedding, never meeting us before the big day. Before the wedding and during the wedding her professionalism was poor. Guests complained and the bride and groom found her to be rude and unaccommodating.

Sent on 11/12/2012
  • F

Elizabeth · Married on 06/04/2011

3.6
      3.0

Let me start by saying at the end of it all it was amazing, beautiful, and a blast. The staff on the boat were very friendly and loved getting the party started. The only incident I ran into with this company was the photgraphy. My coordinater thought I said that I didn't want a photographer included in my package...and 2 weeks before the wedding while going over the finalization of the details was when it was brought to my attention that we did not have one at all. Luckily he was able to refer some one esle to us however, we had to pay an extra $800.00 more than we would have if we had been booked thru their vendor in advance. You think maybe they would throw you a kick back considering the crucial mistake made, but they didn't and we were completely out of pocket on the deal. Everything worked out and like I said the wedding was beautiful, just make sure you are all on the same page through the planning process.

Sent on 06/30/2011

2.6
      2.0
      2.5
      2.0

My wedding planner and Captain was great but the staff on the yacht was very rude!

Sent on 10/24/2012

Star Fleet Yachts's reply:

Hi! I would like to know some details about the rude staff that you experienced! If someone was rude we need to know so we can fix it! If you would like to speak with Michael, that would be great! 281 334 4692 ext 107

Amber · Married on 12/17/2016

0.4
      0.5

I booked my company Christmas Party in September 2016, made all of my payment installments on time and everything was paid in full a month before our scheduled cruise, 12/17/16. On Tuesday, 12/13/16 I received a very vague email from Rhonda stating there were safety issues with "one" of there boats and it had affected our cruise, our entertainment, which was an outside vendor Star Fleet uses for a "Casino Themed Night" and also that our time slot had now changed from 7pm to 3pm. I have attempted to contact Star Fleet and still to this day have not had one response! Obviously due to all the changes Star Fleet made and it conflicting with our employees' schedules, I cancelled via e-mail and requested a full refund. I have yet to hear ONE WORD from anyone. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY - THEY ARE HORRIBLE!

Sent on 12/20/2016