Stage 1 Catering Reviews

77 Reviews for Stage 1 Catering

Danielle · Married on 06/04/2016

3.8
      3.5

A little on the expensive side. The staff was very attentive however. The coordinator was always available to go over details leading up to the wedding. The food was good, with a lot of options to pick from. Felt a little rushed just due to the short time frame of 3 hours. Overall a good venue, but not sure worth the money for only 3 hours.

Sent on 10/18/2016

Stage 1 Catering's reply:

One of the greatest things that I do as a coordinator/event planner of 34 years….is helping people to be able to enjoy the day of their wedding without them having to stress over all the details. That is our pleasure to take care of our couples and parents.
    We provide an inclusive package that eliminates the stress of wondering how many plates do you need, food, DJ, event planner, security, tables, chairs, chair covers, sashes, setting up for a wedding, servers, drinks, planning the wedding and order of the people, list of order for programs, table placement and the list goes on….This not only is 3 hours of event time, but also 5- 10 hours of planning, ironing, shopping, Liquor order, Bartenders, cake arrival, pictures of everything once set up, photographer arrival, florist if not using Stage 1’s on the house arrangements, putting out arrangements that the couple has made and wanted their own touch, bridal party arrival time, & rehearsal if the wedding is here… Stage 1 provides all of this starting at 38.00 to 42.00 (without liquor) per person with venue included. Everyone is welcome to buy more time for their reception.
    We provide the peace of mind as well as facilitate the Wedding and during the Reception. Hopefully, you will remember how beautiful everything was the day of your event and why we made sure all the pictures were done in a timely manner so that you could enjoy seeing your guest. I am sorry that I was not able to address this with your name included, it was not listed on the review. Many blessings on your new marriage.

Sincerely,

3.0
      3.5
      1.5
      2.0

The DJ is the owner's niece and she is not very good @ all!! i wouldn't recommend her to my worst enemy. She dressed as if she were going to a funeral, she had zero motivation and DID NOT get the crowd going. I wasn't allowed to have 1 glass of champagne in the bridal suite! Which I thought was ridiculous, its not like we were getting drunk at all, just 1 glass and the owner threw a fit! The DJ got mine and my husband's names wrong! Also, the frozen Margaritas weren't frozen until 2 hours into the reception. When I called to share with the owner all of my concerns, she was very defensive, refused to admit that she did anything wrong. The owner was VERY high strung, she yelled at the parking lot security guys (who weren't doing their job) while guests were arriving!!! EMBARASSING! Most of this was all things that were told to me by my guests who were SOBER! Since the owner pointed out the fact that I had a lot of wine that night, my reception, my choice!! Then I was told I could have bubbles as wedding favors and two of my guests were scolded for blowing the bubbles in the foyer!

Sent on 12/12/2010

Stage 1 Catering's reply:

The hardest thing to hear after all of these years of business is that a Bride was unhappy with us and surprised.
    We certainly do learn from our mistakes, our margaritas were put into our the machine right at the beginning of the reception. Although we did give them on the rocks for an 1 hour till they froze. I did send money back on that because it was my fault.
    All of our employees are dressed professionally by our request because the customer deserves the respect.
    We were told several times by the Bride and Groom to not deviate from their list of music. We do recommend to all of our customers that you may want to pick out 15 songs and let the DJ handle the rest, but also tell us what they don't like. It helps to get people up and dancing.
    Stage 1 provides guards for all of our events. This is so that the customers do not have to pay for them. It was unfortunate that I had to call out to make sure that the guest were not having to walk down the street when we have plenty of parking next to the venue. The guards were new and did not have their devices for me to call them.
    In our Guide lines & Policies, the Bride signs at the time of contract, it states that we do not allow drinking in the Bridal lounge due to liabilities (falling down the stairs). I am the one who handed her a bottle of wine and poured it for her the whole evening after the ceremony. I did offer her something to eat because that is my job to spoil my Bride and Groom. I am sorry that she felt otherwise.
    We do allow bubbles but not in the building due to people slipping on the soapy water. That is why we provide a server to stand outside the door with a basket of bubbles for the guest.
    I am sadden that the Bride (Katie) felt we were less than what she expected. I had spoken with the Bride, Brides mother, fiancé on many occasions and enjoyed getting to know them. Katie's husband came to Stage 1 several times to practice his surprise song for his lovely wife. He was so excited.