Stacy Smith Studios Reviews

Stacy Smith Studios 5
Stacy Smith Studios 6
Stacy Smith Studios 7

Mik · Married on 07/04/2016

On the day of our wedding, we had Stacy and Shawn as our photographers and they were an amazing crew. Super friendly, energetic, not afraid to hide in the bushes, lie on the ground to take our pictures. Also, literally every single picture was beautiful. They captured amazing moments and they definitely gave us their best efforts. At the end of the day, Stacy was on incredible she she oozes passion. Jaime was also very understanding and tried to do everything that I wanted, especially when I was getting frustrated. They catered to our every need and we could not ask for anything better.

Best photography crew ever!

Sent on 10/28/2016

Mike · Married on 06/11/2016

We really can't put into words the experience we had with Stacy and her team! We got married on the beach in Warwick RI on what was supposed to be a gorgeous summer day...as the wind and rain pounded the pavillion above us there was Stacy, our bright little day of sunshine. She didn't let the weather stop her mission. I call it her mission simply for the fact that through rain, wind, sand blasts and grey skies...there was nothing that was going to stop her from getting the perfect shots to ensure sure that we would remember this day forever! She was absolutely amazing! Her contagious smile and positivity is just what we needed that day! We will definitely be using Stacy Smith Studios again for all our photography needs! Thanks Stacy!

Sent on 10/25/2016

Katie · Married on 06/04/2016

Before I had ever seen the work of Stacy Smith Studios I thought that all wedding photography was the same. Then one of my friends got married and I was absolutely blown away with the pictures from her wedding. Then only a month later another friend got married and again used the same photographer, again some of the best wedding photography I have ever seen. They both had the same photographer...Stacy Smith. I wasn't even engaged at this time but I already knew who I wanted to capture the most important day of our lives. Once I got engaged I immediately reached out to her and right from the beginning I knew that she was going to do the same with my wedding. When you talk to Stacy you can hear the passion that she has for what she does and the passion for making every bride and groom feel comfortable and happy with the end results. My husband didn't want to do engagement photos but Stacy and I talked him into it so he could get more comfortable with the camera, well she knew just what to do to get him to not only relax but he said he actually had fun!
    The day of the wedding and even months later and my guests are still talking about what an amazing photographer Stacy and her team were. They couldn't believe that she was climbing onto the roof of the venues building to capture a photo of everyone who attended the wedding or laying on the floor to capture the most beautiful picture of my husband and I dancing our first dance. She will get all of your guest to feel comfortable and have an amazing time while doing what she does best.
    I am so happy that we picked Stacy Smith to shoot our special day because we have the best memories captured for the rest of our lives. Also I know that I have made a life long friend.

Sent on 10/20/2016

Brit · Married on 05/21/2016

I wish I could give more than 5 stars to Stacy and her amazing team! From the very first time we met with her, we had no doubt in our minds that she would be our photographer. She makes you feel like your wedding is the only wedding she is doing. Sometimes once you book a vendor, you don't talk to them until a few days before the wedding or even just the day of. I booked her well over a year in advance and the contact with her was amazing throughout that whole year. She makes a private Pinterest board so she can see just exactly the shots you are looking for. And she doesn't just make it for the hell of it. She had my board open the day of and reminded me of shots that I forgot I even wanted. She keeps you on track and on time. She goes above and beyond to make sure she gets the perfect shot! My husband and his groomsmen do NOT like taking pictures. He had been complaining to me that he was only going to take a few photos and he would be done. Stacy's assistant, Mo, was with them the whole time before the wedding when they were getting ready. I can't believe how many photos she got of them with no complaints! She made it fun for them and every single one of them told me how much fun they had taking photos. That, in itself, is a miracle! I would and will always highly reccommend Stacy and her team to anyone I know getting married!

Sent on 08/20/2016

elizbeth · Married on 11/27/2015

Stacy was wonderful from the moment we met her. She was referred to us by a wonderful childhood friend of mine as she had just done their wedding and I commented on how stunning their photos were. I sent Stacy a text and from our text conversations, we were best friends and I knew she would be the perfect addition to our wedding. Now the Groom needed to meet her, but something told me that they would get along very well. My husband is sarcastic and hysterical, and Stacy gave it right back to him! I knew she was perfect!

Our first session with Stacy was our engagement photo shoot at Fenway Park...our favorite place i the entire world and she captured every single solitary moment that was so special to us! We couldn't have been happier with the end result and Stacy's professionalism, but more importantly, the simple way she made us feel like the camera wasn't even there!

Stacy and her crew were AMAZING at our wedding. We had the best weather day of the month and she totally made the cal to have an outside wedding and it was magical. Every one of our bridal party loved her and felt so comfortable with her and Shawn. My parents thought she was so wonderful...on the ground, trying to get the best shot she could get...keeping us on schedule...and getting every single shot I wanted for our wedding. I cannot wait for her to photograph every other moment of our lives. SHE IS FAMILY NOW!

Sent on 12/30/2015

Lauren · Married on 10/11/2015

Stacy and here crew were amazing! I had to plan my wedding from Germany and she was more than helpful. We met a year out before the wedding and we kept in contact up until the big day. She used Pinterest for some of the photo ideas I had pinned, as well as here own imagination! The photos came out better than I could ever hope for. She made sure we took all the photos we wanted and went above and beyond what I expected. She is a one of a kind photographer and isn't afraid to think outside the box. You won't be dissapointed with choosing Stacy Smith Studios as your photographer.

Sent on 01/17/2016

Melissa · Married on 08/22/2015

My husband and I got married 8/22/15 and we used Stacy smith studios for our photographer. We could not be happier with how the pictures turned out! Stacy not only asked what kind of photos we wanted to take but did whatever she could to make them happen. Stacy is incredibly energetic and made picture taking a blast! They were very professional and always well prepared. Many precious moments were captured :) the photo booth was so much fun! Guests loved it, and we received so many compliments on our amazing photos. I highly recommend Stacy smith studios to capture your special day!

Sent on 01/19/2016

Lisa · Married on 08/01/2015

Stacy is wonderful! Our pictures came out even better than I imagined they could. She has such a good eye for the perfect picture, I am amazed at how classic the photos look and how she was able to nail that look for us. Stacy is very accommodating, she worked with us to give us everything we wanted while staying in the price range we wanted and she even went above and beyond to exceed our list of wants. I have zero complaints, and I have lots of beautiful pictures that I am proud to hang on my walls. I would highly recommend Stacy and her crew for any event needing photography!

Sent on 12/29/2015

Kelly · Married on 07/10/2015

I had the pleasure of working with Stacy and her staff for both my engagement and wedding photo sessions. My husband and I are so pleased with not only the pictures, they are gorgeous, but also with the ease and pleasure it was to work with her. I felt so comfortable and relaxed on my big day, her and her staff went above and beyond and took care of everything and then some. I had high expectations and Stacy and her staff blew them out of the water. Definitely my dream photographer. They made my guests feel comfortable and enjoy participating in the picture taking as well. My mother and I, as well as my husband, rave about Stacy and recommend her whole heartedly. I am so excited to be using her services once again for my upcoming maternity and newborn photo sessions!!!

Sent on 10/26/2015

Sharon · Married on 06/27/2015

My husband and I cannot say enough about Stacey Smith and her professional photography! From our first meeting with Stacey, I was immediately put at ease, as she sat with us and asked everything we wanted and everything we didn't want, down to the very last detail. Looking over Stacey's portfolio, I was thinking she'd be priced at about he same rate or higher than some other wedding photographers I had recently quoted, however, Stacey's fee for services came in actually lower and it just gave me that much more comfort knowing I could stay within out budget AND get a phenomenal wedding photography package. Leading up to the big day, Stacey took the time to go over our timelines with us down to the very minute so we could capture every special moment and every special picture. On the day of the wedding , Stacey and her assistant Maureen arrived on Block Island well before their anticipated time. They took the time to survey all the grounds and lighting, staging, etc. I felt great getting ready for the ceremony knowing they would have everything mapped out in a plan. They were so professional but also so much fun, we were all laughing the entire time. After the formals and into the reception, Stacey and Maureen were everywhere, capturing all these wonderful moments, but also not interfering or being bothersome in any way... It was like they were our wedding guests and it made everyone have fun and feel comfortable having a camera in their face. Shortly after the wedding, Stacey sent us a "sneak peak" album of a bunch of photos before the entire album was complete - it was such a treat!! I was able to use a beautiful picture she took of the 2 of us as our Thank You cards. When I got the entire professionally finished album I was simply blown away by the hundreds and hundreds of gorgeous photos!! So many beautiful moments along with hilarious candids.. It was such a pleasure to relive the day again looking at all of them! Thank you Stacey and your amazing staff!!!!!

Sent on 10/05/2015

Alicia · Married on 05/24/2015

Excellent experience and great pictures!

We chose Stacy for our engagement photos, not knowing what our plan was going to be for our wedding. Five minutes into the engagement shoot, my wife already knew that we were going to use Stacy for our wedding as well!

Throughout the engagement shoot, Stacy made us feel very comfortable, as if we had known her for years. She has a great personality, and you can tell she loves what she does – this is evident in the quality of the pictures that she provides.

Our wedding day was great. Not only was she the photographer, but she acted as a “wedding manager” as well, making sure everything stayed on a certain timeline. This was a huge relief for us since we did not have to worry about anything. Stacy brought along a great team of two other photographers. One was working the photo booth, and this was a huge success (I suggest this for anyone debating on getting one). The other photographer (unfortunately I forgot his name) was also awesome and had the same personable qualities as Stacy.

Stacy was set to leave our wedding two hours before it ended, but she made sure that her team stayed there until the end – at no extra charge! Her customer service and quick turn around on the pictures were second to none. We had everything within a week, even though it was during a busy wedding season.

I don’t often write reviews, but I felt that this one was necessary. I suggest anyone looking for a photographer to contact Stacy – you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 07/06/2015

Stacy is more then just a photographer on your wedding day, she's a guest. While she is capturing beautiful moments on your big day, she's enjoying her time. She loves what she does and you see that in your photos. Not only that, when you first meet with her she makes you feel comfortable and its like you've known her longer then the first few minutes. She asks you what you want and she delivers. Also, her assistant on our day was great. They did not miss a moment of our day.

Sent on 09/26/2015

Laura · Married on 04/18/2015

Stacy was absolutely wonderful to work with. She was easy to get in touch with from the very beginning of my wedding planning process. From our first meeting right through the execution of our wedding day she was always very easy to talk to and she understood my vision completely! She took time about a month before my wedding to do an actual run-through of the day. We visited all of the places and venues and made an hour by hour itinerary of the day which really put my mind at ease. My wedding party was quite the rowdy bunch and Stacy and her assistant Maureen fit right in and kept everyone on track while taking pictures. I truly believe you need to really get along with your photographer because they will be with you all day long. Stacy is totally your girl for this..she is professional yet fun and easy going. You will not be disappointed hiring Stacy Smith Photography for any event you may need photographed!!! The final product of her work is beautiful and we could not have been happier!

Sent on 07/15/2015

Allison · Married on 12/27/2014

Stacy Smith photographed my wedding in December 2014. From seeing the previous work she had done, I had absolutely no hesitation in having her photograph my wedding. She was phenomenal the day of the event. She put me at ease and was completely professional. The photos she captured are breathtaking. I am beyond happy with the photos and have no words that can best describe the quality of her work besides amazing! I am incredibly grateful that I have those photos to look at to remember my special day. I highly recommend Stacy Smith Photography and will definitely use her in the future for any special moments that I want captured. Stacy is fantastic!

Sent on 05/30/2015

Let me start by saying that Stacy is a true professional. She is respectful, courteous, and most importantly she understood all of our visions. She exceeded all of our expectations. My husband is of an Indian descent, and I am as Irish as they come... Yes we did it!!!!! We planned a crazy big Indian wedding. I needed all the help I could get. Planning a wedding is hard enough, but planning an indian ceremony and all the little/big details was extremely overwhelming. I know we had to pick the perfect vendors to make this go off without a hitch. I started researching all the Indian vendors out there. We did a lot of research and we just couldn't find a photographer that really understood where we wanted to go with our vision. I was looking for someone with a lot of creativity and ideas. Well look no further than Stacy Smith Photography. Stacy blew our mind with her great ideas, that I didn't think anyone can pull off, well needless to say - she DID!!! From start to finish, she was incredible. She was just as excited as we were. She captured every important detail of our wedding. She went above and beyond, and that is how great she is. All you have left after your wedding is your pictures, and everytime anyone comments on our pictures - they are in amazement on how beautiful they came out. We couldn't be happier. Taking the photos was alot of fun because she knew exactly what she was doing, and created such a relaxed atmostphere. The photos were incredibly artistic and beautiful. Stacy's vision and skill, and her love for photography, truly shows in her work. Her work and detail gives us a chance to revisit the happiest day of our lives in every picture. Picking a photographer is an important decision, there is only one opportunity to get it right. Go for the best with Stacy Smith Photography and have her capture your big day. We can't wait to use her for all the big events in our life.

Sent on 05/31/2015

Kathleen · Married on 09/28/2014

I hired Stacy Smith Photography to photograph our intimate wedding and I was blown away! Not only did she walk me through all of the options that I had but the fact that I got to customize our wedding package was awesome! We didn't have to pay for anything extra that we didn't want or need (when planning a wedding we all know the budget gets tight and paying for unnecessary things is painful). She kept touching in with us to make sure we were all on the same page and I loved that working with her my ideas were heard and felt like she understood exactly what kind of pictures we were looking for. On the wedding day she and her assistant were troopers! It was so hot and humid out and the walked over a mile with our wedding party to the location for the pictures! Stacy straddled streams, laid on the ground, fixed my dress and even adjusted my strands of hair! All my guests at the wedding LOVED her and the other vendors loved working with her! We opted to get her photobooth and it was a HIT the guests loved it and the great book that she puts together with all the photo strips is such a great keepsake! After everything was packed up and she left I couldn't wait to see how the pictures came out, after all they are what you look back at to remember your special day. And needless to say I was completely in love with ever shot!! The pictures came out exactly as we wanted and they are truly the best way to remember our day. Anyone who is looking for that personal photographer that is willing to go above and beyond for your special day Stacy Smith is the one for you!

Sent on 06/01/2015

Louis · Married on 09/14/2014

Stacy Smith and her team are simply awesome in every aspect from service to cost. We truly received our monies worth. They took all the traditional pictures you would expect, but the creativity of many of those poses as well as the candid shots were amazing. And if you want to talk about responsiveness and flexibility, the word "NO" was never used....instead we would hear "GOT IT!" And how many people can say that not one picture was blurry, out of focus or the color looks funky....we can! If you don't use this team you are doing yourselves a disservice. And as father of the bride, this was one vendor we could ( and you can) depend on to do the job on time, deliver when promised and guarantee the pricing...all with a big smile and the satisfaction of a job well done. Thank you for everything Stacy! You will always be our photographer of choice for any upcoming family or professional events.

Sent on 05/28/2015

PattiLou · Married on 09/14/2014

I have had nothing but the most wonderful and professional experience working with Stacy! I have had the pleasure of working with her multiple times, from my maternity shoot, to most recently, my wedding. Her professionalism and skill is top notch and her creative ideas are brilliant. Her energy is contagious and she makes you feel so comfortable working with her. I have had multiple shoots with my son, both when he was an infant and toddler, and her skill with children is incredible! She is so patient and her ideas for shoots for him are so unique! I constantly get compliments on my pictures from Stacy. I consider myself very lucky to call Stacy both my friend, and my photographer for life!

Sent on 07/20/2015

Stacy Smith Studios's reply:

Awwww thank you so much Pattilou! It was my pleasure to capture all of these milestones for you and I can't wait for more! Thank you for this beautiful review, everything you said means so much to me! You are definitely stuck with me for life! Ha!

Shana · Married on 09/13/2014

I was very happy with my decision to hire Stacy as the photographer for my wedding. The photos that she took were amazing. I also had the photo booth at my wedding which the guests had so much fun in it. The pictures from the photo booth Stacy made into a guest book which I love looking at. Working with Stacy was a pleasant experience she was professional, her ideas were great, and she made me feel comfortable. I can not wait for her to capture more moments in the future!!

Sent on 05/26/2015

Erica · Married on 07/25/2014

I met Stacy Smith when I first got engaged and started a new job at Tammany Hall where we both bartended. My husband and I got married in Aruba, and had a reception back in Rhode Island. I saw Stacy's work and knew we had to have her for our reception back home, and our engagement photos. My husband and I wanted to do something different for our engagement photos, not just the posed pictures in the park (not that there is anything wrong with those) and we came up with the idea of doing a pin up style engagement shoot. When I brought our idea to Stacy she couldn't have been more excited and was coming up with ideas right then and there. To say the whole experience was amazing is an understatement! Stacy went above and beyond for us, what do I mean? She got us in an airport with an old school plane to go with the destination wedding theme and a old classic car that we got to take photos with both! We were more than impressed with her professionalism and creativity that when our wedding reception came, we were thrilled to work with her again. My husband and I have large families, all different ages and personalities and Stacy and Moe were fantastic on getting all the photos we wanted and getting everyone to cooperate. Now, I'm 8 months pregnant and just had my maternity shoot with Stacy and have already booked my daughter's newborn and 1 year shoot! I have recommended Stacy Smith photography to friends getting married and most have used her after seeing what she can do! Her creativity and how she goes above and beyond for her clients is what makes her stand out from anyone else out there and I'm very lucky to call her my friend!

Sent on 05/27/2015

Erica · Married on 07/25/2014

Sent on 05/27/2015

Stacy was extremely professional and knew exactly how to capture our special wedding moments. She was very responsive to our questions and made us feel instantly at ease on our big day. We were thrilled with the results and would highly recommend her.

Sent on 06/01/2015

Jessica · Married on 06/15/2014

Stacy was absolutely wonderful! We had gotten a gift certificate from our friend for an engagement shoot. My husband and I weren't sure how it would go being as we had never done that before. We met and spoke with her multiple times beforehand and felt more comfortable going into the shoot. She made the experience exactly what it should be! She exceded all of our expectations. As soon as we saw the end result, we knew right then that she would be the photographer for our wedding! I had no doubt in my mind that our wedding photos would be anything short of amazing, however, she once again blew me away. I couldn't imagine anyone else capturing these once in a life time and very special moments in my life. I highly recommend her and will definitely be using her amazing talent again!

Sent on 05/28/2015

Krista · Married on 06/07/2014

A thousand thank yous will never be enough! Our day was more than we could have ever hoped for a0very single moment was a breeze and I will forever recommend them as the very best photographers I have ever met! So lucky to have met them and I love all 3 of them to pieces!

Sent on 10/18/2016

Holly · Married on 06/07/2014

I have known Stacy for a while and knowing of her amazing talent I knew the moment I got engaged who I wanted as my photographer. Stacy had done a newborn/family shoot for us prior to our wedding and the photos came out amazing. She was also a joy to work with – very patient and understanding of the hiccups babies and children might create. As my wedding photographer Stacy was always so accommodating. She met with us to discuss the wedding and our needs, she joined me in a meeting with our wedding coordinator and surveyed the venue with me to plan out our shoot locations. The day of our wedding Stacy was so professional and helpful. She was so organized and made me feel completely comfortable letting her hold the reigns. I would recommend Stacy to all of my friends and family and will absolutely be using Stacy again in the future for important moments! Just perfect!

Sent on 01/06/2016