Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

54 Reviews for St. John Wedding Planner (KatiLady)

52 St. John Wedding Planner (KatiLady) Reviews

What an amazing wedding and location.

Profile Picture User4496021, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning

We were beyond satisfied with Weddings by Katilady. She does an amazing job and would absolutely recommend her!

Profile Picture User4273922, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Transportation, Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Kati was fantastic and made planning our destination wedding in St. John so easy. The event flowed flawlessly and everyone had a fantastic time. We also had a special catering request to have the entire wedding be gluten-free, and Kati delivered a delicious menu (even gluten-free wedding cake and key lime pie) that everyone loved. Couldn't recommend her more highly for planning a wedding on St. John.

Profile Picture Leigh, 5/24/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning

Katherine Steinborn, known as Weddings By Katilady was outstanding on all levels in preparing a wedding weekend for our daughter and 65 guests. Guests traveled from all over the US to be a part of 4 separate events to share with family and friends to experience the island of St John and enjoy this special life memory. We live in the Northeast, Boston area. Our daughter had lived on St John, this is where she met her husband. They requested a small wedding barefoot on the beach, however that small wedding also had a specific vision which included a high level of expectations and quality. Kati pulled it all together; from identifying Villas for accommodations, a fabulous caterer, outstanding florist, world class videographer, transportation, decorations and the list goes on..... Kati supported and guided us with a calm and comforting level of professionalism. This was my first hosting of a wedding and I could not have done it with out Kati by my side. It is imperative to have local knowledge on your side to coordinate all the moving parts that are required to host your event. Once you arrive on island your goal should be to enjoy the experience you have created and let Kati take the reigns. I was honored to have worked with Katilady.

Profile Picture Liz, 4/20/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Flowers, Transportation, Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
4.7

As the sister of the bride and the maid of honor, KatiLady was the most amazing planner and allowed us to enjoy every one of our special events flawlessly! Not only did she help us collaborate on every nuance of our guest's arrivals, but she also helped us tie together every specific detail we could think of, and her great taste and expertise complimented our families vibes tremendously! KatiLady made our entire wedding experience possible, and without her it would have been impossible, because she is the best wedding planner St. John has and will ever see! Currently I am pursuing a event management degree at GW, and I know KatiLady's goal is to perform and makes sure the entire bridal party is happy, and she will deliver!

Profile Picture Hilary, 4/20/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning

Kati did a fantastic job of managing the details of our wedding on St John, USVI. Although my fiancé and I had lived there and had many contacts, the reality of pulling off a wedding in the islands is that there are a LOT of moving pieces and parts, and Kati being on the ground and helping to organize and visualize everything was fantastic. She got along great with my mother in law and the bride as well as worked well with the vendors we chose--special bonus: she makes cakes and did a hell of a job on the Carrot Cake we had at our wedding! Highly recommended for anyone wanting to get married in the paradise of the USVI!

Profile Picture User4133351, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We planned our wedding via internet from the US. Kate was great, always responded quickly and made everything go so smooth. Couldn't ask for a better day!

Profile Picture Robin, 3/16/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My wedding turned out to be everything I could have hopes for. I could not have done it without Kati. She was very professional and kind. Her great attention to detail really made our day special. I would definitely recommend her as a wedding planner. She went above and beyond.

Profile Picture Chelsea, 3/1/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning

Kati was the consummate professional in planning my son's wedding on St. John. Every detail was attended to and she stayed late into the evening at the reception to ensure that everything flowed smoothly from beginning to end. She provides top notch services for a very fair price. All of her vendors were first rate as well. She obviously has a lot of experience in planning weddings on St. John and can provide those special little tips that make a difference. She is also a dynamite caterer. She provided dishes for our rehearsal dinner, as well as the beautiful wedding cake.

Profile Picture Pamela, 3/1/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Band, Catering, DJ, Officiant, Photography, Transportation, Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Kati was phenomenal. In planning a destination wedding, we were worried about certain things that we could not see and review such as flowers and cake. Kati only had our ideas and some pictures to go off of. When we arrived, everything was perfect. We were ready for a couple items not to be what we imagined, but there were none. We are so pleased with all of Kati's hard work and dedication to our wedding. We were just one wedding on her long list of weddings for this year, but she treated it as her own and gave us more than we could imagine.

Profile Picture Matthew, 3/1/14, 1 Review
4.1

Kati was a pleasure to work with. The day went so well and it was such a relief to have her take care of everything. Kati and I worked together for over a year and she provided great guidance and advise. She clearly knows the island and has a great network and relationships. Because she has been doing this for so long, at times I did feel like I had to push her a bit to think outside the box, but it didn't take much and because she has those relationships, she was able to meet our needs and a few times saved us $! You do have to check her work on some of the details - there was a lot of back and forth on her invoices because of things she had overlooked. But I see these as smaller issues and the final product was amazing. I would certainly recommend her as a planner should you decide to get married in St. John.

Profile Picture lauren, 1/31/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

After looking for a wedding coordinator on St John that was licensed for St John beach weddings and did wedding AND reception coordination - I found Kati with Katilady. I cannot say enough about how perfect our wedding was. It was beyond my expectations and everything was taken care of. I did not worry or do one thing the entire day except enjoy myself! We had so much fun and the vendors she suggested were all amazing. It can be confusing trying to plan from afar but Kati was responsive to all my emails and calls. She met with us the day before the wedding - I had made some decorative items I wanted placed out and she took them and did exactly as I had asked. I really cannot say more - if you are looking for a wedding planner on St John... choose Kati, you will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Heather, 12/8/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

From a mans perspective, the only thing that matters is that the bride is calm and happy. Kati did a great job of making this happen. She took care of all of the small details that made everything go off without a hitch. If you are planning on getting married on St John, I would highly recommend using Katilady to take care of all the planning and details.

Profile Picture User3719141, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Band, Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Photography, Transportation, Unique Services (Other), Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Kati,
Thank you so much for planning and organizing everything for the wedding. It was greatly appreciated. You made everything I had described that I had wanted through emails come to life. I had never visited the USVI before this wedding trip and left a lot of things in your hands and you truly amazed me. From the flowers, to the choice of beach, time of day, cake, dinner suggestions and reservations, along with the amazingly kind and knowledgeable staff. We truly had a wonderful time and the wedding was everything I thought it would be and MORE!! By far this was the most beautiful place we had ever seen.
Thanks again everything was amazing!!!
Nikki and Cameron

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Nikki, 8/6/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Kati was THE best, most professional, wonderful wedding planner...hands down! She made our special day even more special. Flowers were perfect, cake was perfect, ceremony was perfect....everything was perfect! I had zero stress & was able to enjoy every second of my day! Kati goes above & beyond....she loves to please & takes great pride in her work! I cant thank her enough for everything she did!
Kat & Mike Hill

Profile Picture Katherine, 7/27/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Flowers, Officiant, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Katilady provided a beautiful Wedding cake for a reception. The bride was delighted with it and started crying when we unveiled it, because it was everything she wanted.

Profile Picture Crispin, 7/12/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Kati was fantastic! She took care of all the details from catering to performing the ceremony and even accommodated us with last minute hair styling.

Profile Picture Heather, 6/25/13, 1 Review
Category: Band, Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Officiant, Wedding Planning

As a wedding planner I stand firmly behind Kati's cakes as the tastiest and best bang for your buck. Her talent is unquestionable and her accuracy are what makes it so valuable for me to refer her my brides as their baker of choice. I am glad to be associated with someone like Kati.

Profile Picture Katie, 6/1/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Words could never emphasize how wonderful Kati and her organization was. Our weddining was absolutely fabulous. Not only were my guests beyond satisfied but they were amazed at how much Kati helped me throughout the week. All wedding planning aside Kati is a wonderful woman with an incredible passion for this industry. She exceeded my expectations and made my wedding possible and amazing and for this I could not be more grateful. Her services are HIGHLY reccomended. Kati, thank you for making my week beyond wonderful. I could not have pulled it off without you!!

Profile Picture Kirsten, 5/23/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Kati is amazing! She is so good at what she does. My wedding day was so memorable and I cannot thank her enough. The cake was delicious, but I'm sad I only had 2 bites :( My husband and I will definitely go back to St. John and we will highly recommend any engaged couple to do a destination wedding with Weddings by Katilady!!

Profile Picture Phaleen, 4/27/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Kati took time to understand what I wanted and was extremely respectful of my budget. She handled all the little details and made sure the planning process was fun for me. Her catering was amazing and the tiramisu cake to die for!!

Profile Picture User3311301, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning

I was in St. Thomas on business and called Kati to let her know that I wanted to surprise my fiancee' and marry her when our cruise ship was scheduled to stop off at St. John in less than two weeks.

She agreed to meet me (with no advance notice), so I hopped the ferry to St. John and in less than 2 hours we had found the perfect venue (Annaberg Ruins) plus an officiant, chuppa, flowers, cake, musician (steel drums), taxi driver and photographer.

Kati & I corresponded via e-mail while I was vacationing with my fiancee' on the cruise ship. She was attentive to every detail and understood exactly what I was hoping to accomplish by surprising my love.

When we crested the hill at Annaberg, the scene was like something out of "the Bachelor"--the setting, the flowers, the music--everything was perfect. As I walked her to the chuppa, my fiancee still did not realize what was happening (I had told her we were going to a vow renewal ceremony for some other passengers we had met on the ship).

Under the chuppa, I told her, "this is all for you, baby. We are getting married right here, right now!" She broke down in tears, melted in my arms and we had the most memorable experience two people could ever hope for when getting married. Honestly, it could not have been any better.

Would I recommend Weddings by Katilady? Ah...YES!!!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User2892118, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Everything was awesome! Kati and her staff on the best!

Profile Picture User2782876, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning

KatiLady is a great option if you are looking to do a destination wedding! You feel like Kati and her employees have been life-long friends and do a great job of getting you familiar with the island. Katilady provides a lot of value in the initial planning stages and the day of. Katilady is great with dealing with the unexpected and someone you want helping you! We are so fortunate to have had her when one the groomsmen showed up the day of w/o his pants hemmed! Although we did not use her catering services, I did some sampling and can vouch that it delicious! I was a little bummed we wouldn't be serving Katilady food at our wedding but our location didn't allow outside vendors for food. I would highly recommend using Kati even if you think you are familiar with the island.

Profile Picture User2056529, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Kati did wedding cupcakes for me and they were absolutely amazing!!!! Beautiful & yummy! I only had her make my cupcakes, but if I had hired a wedding planner or catering company I would definitely recommend her. She has so much experience, is very understanding, and super easy to deal with. She's the best! THANKS KATI!

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/15/12, 4 Reviews