St. John the Evangelist & Blessed Sacrament Reviews

78 | Davison, MI

78 Reviews for St. John the Evangelist & Blessed Sacrament

Amy · Married on 11/11/2017

We are members of the church and we wanted to keep everything at one location. We selected the small hall inside the family center and it was perfect for our 100 guests reception.

Sent on 11/13/2017

Thank you for the review Amy! ~Tina Simmonds

Caitlin · Married on 05/13/2017

Tina was wonderful to work with and very accommodating with our schedule and letting us drop by to take measurements, etc. Everyone we worked with the day of was helpful and courteous. Definitely helped things go smoothly!

Sent on 10/25/2017

St. John the Evangelist & Blessed Sacrament's reply:

Thank you for the great review Caitlin! I'm so glad that you had a good experience. ~Tina Simmonds

Patricia · Married on 08/13/2016

Tina and Kevin were very easy to work with and willing to answer all our questions. My daughter and son-in-law were very pleased with the reception.

Sent on 09/03/2016

Thank you for the nice review Patricia! ~Tina Simmonds

Michelle · Married on 07/16/2016

Very spacious hall, with large kitchen! I liked having the choice of long tables or round tables. Would recommend to anyone looking for a nice venue!

Sent on 07/21/2016

Thank you for the review! ~Tina Simmonds

Sarah · event on: 10/06/2015

Our company has used St. John's events rooms to conduct the Dale Carnegie Course, a twelve-week training program to business professionals numerous times. We have always been impressed by the clean location, inside and out, the professionalism by Mrs. Simmonds the coordinator, and her staff. We have found the facility charge a good value and will continue using this venue for future trainings.

Sent on 02/19/2016

St. John the Evangelist & Blessed Sacrament's reply:

Thank you Sarah, your wonderful review is very much appreciated! It is always a pleasure to have the Dale Carnegie classes at St. John. We look forward to many more in the future!

Suzanne · Married on 09/19/2015

We were able to get into the hall even earlier that expected so that was a great relief! I gave the slightly lower rating only because the potential of a funeral dinner was very possible which would have caused a delay in all the hall decorating. I of course understand the importance of the funeral dinner but at that point of the whole wedding process you need things to progress as planned since it effects so many different vendors as well as the nervous bride and the already stressed mother of the bride! I must say that the hall works very well with other vendors. My "dream team" was Black Tie Productions, Bon Appetit, Special Occasions, The Whole 9 Yards and Centennial Images. 5 stars for them all!!!

Sent on 12/03/2015

St. John the Evangelist & Blessed Sacrament's reply:

Thank you for the review Sue! I'm happy to hear that you got your "Dream Team", they are all great vendors. The wedding was beautiful, you did a fantastic job planning. It was a pleasure working with you and your family!
    I know the potential funeral luncheon is a concern but we are always able to accomodate the wedding party even if it's a little later in the day. I'm glad you were able to get in earlier than expected!

Tracy · Married on 07/14/2017

3.5

We used the activity center for an open house. It was pricey but the venue worked out great! Only thing that I would have liked is if the setting up of the table and chairs would have been included in the fee. That was a lot to get all that set up.

Sent on 07/17/2017

St. John the Evangelist & Blessed Sacrament's reply:

Thank you for the review, Tracy. I'm glad that the venue worked well for your event! We do offer table and chair setup for an additional fee. ~Tina Simmonds

Caitlin · Married on 05/28/2016

Tina and the team at St. John's were so easy to work with, even with me planning my wedding all the way from Chicago. Our wedding was beautiful and the team at St John's made it that way.

Sent on 05/31/2016

St. John the Evangelist & Blessed Sacrament's reply:

Caitlin, thank you for the great review! You were a pleasure to work with and your reception was beautiful..congratulations!

Katie · Married on 09/26/2015

I loved the Blessed Sacrament Hall where my wedding reception was located. The hall was clean and affordable for my budget. I would recommend this hall to anyone looking for a venue to host any event!

Sent on 03/02/2016

St. John the Evangelist & Blessed Sacrament's reply:

Katie, thank you for the great review!

Alicia · Married on 05/30/2015

This is a great company, I really enjoyed working with Tina she is great!! They helped us so much with everything.

Sent on 12/08/2015

St. John the Evangelist & Blessed Sacrament's reply:

Alicia, thank you for the wonderful review! It was a pleasure to work with you and your wedding was beautiful. Congratulations! ~Tina Simmonds

Martin · event on: 01/06/2018

3.0

Location is the best asset and size was perfect.

Sent on 01/08/2018

Thanks for the review Martin! ~Tina Simmonds

Sandy · Married on 09/16/2017

Bob the hall supervisor/security guard was AMAZING and very helpful. There is a room available to store your totes or boxes for easy access for clean up. The kitchen is large, the bar area is large, the bathrooms are newly remodeled and look great, and there is plenty of parking. They do charge an additional $100 if you want to go in Friday and decorate. They rent linens and will set up the tables for you for a fee. Overall this is a great place for a wedding reception.

Sent on 10/19/2017

St. John the Evangelist & Blessed Sacrament's reply:

Thank you for the kind review and pictures Sandy! It looked so nice! ~Tina Simmonds

Karen · Married on 08/05/2017

Nice and clean place for a reception

Sent on 08/15/2017

Thank you for the review Karen! ~Tina Simmonds

Jana · Married on 04/22/2017

Tina was great and the hall supervisor was phenomenal! You won't regret it!

Sent on 05/08/2017

Jana, Thank you for the great review! ~Tina Simmonds

Used this venue for a baby shower. Extremely nice facility with a nice kitchen setup.

Sent on 05/25/2016

St. John the Evangelist & Blessed Sacrament's reply:

Thank you for the great review!
  • User6440340 · event on: 03/13/2015

3.5

We also have rented the small hall with kitchen. many times for Christmas party's the hall is top notch

Sent on 03/02/2016

St. John the Evangelist & Blessed Sacrament's reply:

Thank you for the great review!

Jack · Married on 06/03/2016

I've had only good experiences at St. John's Community Center. They are accommodating, affordable, and it is easily accessible from I-69/I-75. I am a multiple repeat customer.

By the way, this was not a wedding, but a high school graduation open house, so the questions don't exactly fit.

Sent on 06/06/2016

St. John the Evangelist & Blessed Sacrament's reply:

Thank you for the review Jack, I look forward to working with you again in the future!

M · Married on 08/05/2017

4.2
      3.0

So many people commented on how nice the hall was. They are wonderful to work with. The on-site supervisor was very helpful. He even assisted with some set up and tear down. I would definitely recommend them and will use them for future events

Sent on 08/07/2017

Thank you for the great review! ~Tina Simmonds

Mackenzie · Married on 06/10/2017

4.2

beautiful hall. We loved having the wedding there.

Sent on 06/22/2017

Thank you for the review Mackenzie! ~Tina Simmonds

Annette · Married on 08/10/2018

Everything went according to plan

Sent on 06/25/2018

Kristin · Married on 07/28/2018

2.0

Overall the time at the hall was great! But however the woman who represented the hall the night of my reception (7/28/18) was very rude. There was an over flow in the men’s bathroom, and when she was told about it by one of my guests, she simply got the mop out and handed it to my guest to go clean up. That to me was very unprofessional of her. And she was very rude at the end of the night when we were cleaning up. If it hadn’t been for her, I would have given this a 5 star rating. But she completely put a damper on our night there.

Sent on 08/07/2018

St. John the Evangelist & Blessed Sacrament's reply:

Kristin, thank you for writing a review. I'm happy that we were able to speak on the phone regarding the hall supervisor. Again, I apologize that you felt that her behavior was rude. The hall supervisor is responsible for building related issues but not responsible for cleaning during the event.
    We really appreciate your business and hope to work with you again in the future. Congratulations on your marriage!

Linda · Married on 06/21/2016

3.0

Excellent facility that has a very busy calendar. Book early!

Sent on 07/13/2016

St. John the Evangelist & Blessed Sacrament's reply:

Thank you for the review! We still have openings for 2017 ;)

Angela · Married on 07/18/2015

The venue for the ceremony and reception was great for what we needed. I only wish that we had been able to rent linens from the place of our choice. We could not afford the prices offered by the required linen service.

Sent on 12/02/2015

St. John the Evangelist & Blessed Sacrament's reply:

Thank you for the review Angela! I'm glad that we were able to meet your needs. We do not require that renters use our linen service, I'm sorry for the confusion. ~Tina Simmonds

Amanda · Married on 08/04/2018

3.8
      3.5

This venue was exacting the setting we needed for our 200 guest wedding reception. It had everything we needed including kitchen, bar, space, and overall atmosphere at a price we could afford. I would definitely recommend The Parish Hall as a rental option for your next event!

Sent on 08/11/2018

St. John the Evangelist & Blessed Sacrament's reply:

Thank you for the great review Amanda! I'm so happy that we were able to accommodate your needs.

Kim · Married on 04/29/2017

3.8
      3.0

The hall itself was just what we were looking for. For a reception of 200+, it was just the right size. It is absolutely stunning when decorated. Bathrooms are large and clean. However, I was disappointed in the price. Paid $1200, and then was not allowed to decorate on Friday before reception unless we paid an additional $100 fee. Side rooms in hall are another additional charge, as is fountain pop machine....Not quite what I expected from a Catholic Church.

Sent on 05/24/2017

St. John the Evangelist & Blessed Sacrament's reply:

Thank you for the review Kim. I'm happy to hear that the hall suited your needs. I apologize that you found the price unsatisfactory. We charge an early access fee because we lose the opportunity to rent the hall for full price when we allow early access. The $100 fee covers lights, heat/air and maintenance.