St. John the Evangelist & Blessed Sacrament Reviews

78 | Davison, MI

78 Reviews for St. John the Evangelist & Blessed Sacrament

David · Married on 10/15/2016

They met our every expectation. The facility was perfect and so was the staff.

Sent on 10/17/2016

St. John the Evangelist & Blessed Sacrament's reply:

Thanks for the great review David!

Debra · Married on 10/01/2016

We rented the south end room in the activity center for my daughter's bridal shower. It was a great venue, very clean and the staff was so accommodating. Definitely happy with the choice.

Sent on 07/25/2016

St. John the Evangelist & Blessed Sacrament's reply:

Thank you for the nice review!

Amy · Married on 09/24/2016

Make sure to ask about all the amenities that are available to rent. We were able to rent the dishwasher and the fountain pop machine. It helped us from having to bring in all the pop for the mixed drinks.

Sent on 10/04/2016

St. John the Evangelist & Blessed Sacrament's reply:

Thank you for the review Amy! Yes, the pop machine is so convenient!

Anne · Married on 09/17/2016

The hall was absolutely perfect for our wedding day! The bathrooms were extremely clean and beautiful. The set up was easy and convenient (we set up ourselves, but it was extremely easy for us and anyone there would help guide you). The location of the bar allowed us to serve our guests in an efficient manor and helped us organize where we wanted the food to be set up. My husband and I were on a separate stage that they set up and it made us stand out as the guests of honor! The kitchen was perfect for our caterer to use, and there is a huge freezer for you to use for food or even for flowers if you need. This hall was perfect for our wedding day and I'm beyond happy with it!

Sent on 09/19/2016

St. John the Evangelist & Blessed Sacrament's reply:

Thank you for the lovely review Anne! It was a pleasure to work with you!
    ~Tina Simmonds

Very nice venue! If your looking for decorating yourself and not spending a fortune on a nice venue this is a great place!

Sent on 06/03/2016

St. John the Evangelist & Blessed Sacrament's reply:

Thank you for the nice review!

Linda · Married on 05/14/2016

St. John and Tina were fantastic to work with. We were abloe to do our own think. Get our cater we want. Pick our own DJ, etc it was fantastic from start to finish.

Sent on 05/20/2016

St. John the Evangelist & Blessed Sacrament's reply:

Thank you for the great review Linda! We enjoyed working with you!

Lori · event on: 10/12/2015

We worked with Tina Simmonds. She was fabulous to work with from the point of showing us the venue options to the end of event.

Sent on 03/10/2016

St. John the Evangelist & Blessed Sacrament's reply:

Thank you Lori! It was great to have you here, hope we can work together again.

Tammy · Married on 09/26/2015

We chose this location for my daughters wedding reception because of location, size of the hall and the kitchen facilities. We had approximately 350 guests, which the hall comfortably accommodated. The kitchen facilities and bar area were excellent! Bathrooms were also very nice and clean, which was very important. Anytime I had a question, I received a response back immediately! Payment plan was also a plus! Brochures were given for everything from caterers to decorators, which was extremely helpful. My daughters wedding was absolutely beautiful and I am so glad we chose this location for her special day!!

Sent on 03/05/2016

St. John the Evangelist & Blessed Sacrament's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review Tammy. You were a pleasure to work and your daughter's reception was lovely!

Courtney · Married on 08/29/2015

Best, easiest most fulfilling decision I made about the whole wedding. Everyone was great to work with and the space was perfect!

Tina was phenomenal, went above and beyond and always made me feel welcome.

St. John the Evangelist & Blessed Sacrament's reply:

Thank you Courtney, it was so nice to meet and work with you! Congratulations! ~Tina Simmonds

Kayla · Married on 08/22/2015

As a member of St. John, I knew I wanted to hold my reception at the family center. However, I had never worked with the staff before, so I was a little unsure of how 'wedding planning' at my church would actually go. Tina was so helpful and made sure we had the perfect day. Every detail was carefully planned for our reception and nothing was left unfinished. It was a relief to walk in and not have to worry about anything. I highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for a great place to hold their reception. The extra room we rented on the side of the gym was the perfect place for our bar/lounge and created a separate area for our guests to mingle and relax. We had an exact layout of where the tables and chairs would be, and what the area would look like prior to our big day. Not only that, but it easily held all 350 of our guests without being cramped!! Thanks so much for making our wedding day so perfect.

St. John the Evangelist & Blessed Sacrament's reply:

Thank you Kayla! Your wedding party was a joy to work with and your reception was beautiful. Congratulations! ~Tina Simmonds

I was very glad I chose this place as my venue. We had our ceremony outside under the pavilion and then our guests went inside the hall for the reception. We were able to bring in our own caterer, DJ, bartenders and other vendors. The outdoor pavilion is a beautiful area with lots of trees. We got some beautiful pictures out there in the sunny weather. The hall is very nice, great for someone who doesn't have a ton of money to spend on a venue. We did our own decorating on the tables and it turned out beautiful! Our guests had an awesome time at our wedding!

St. John the Evangelist & Blessed Sacrament's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review! I'm so glad that you used the pavilion, it really is a beautiful setting. ~Tina Simmonds

The Wedding Shower was elegant and comfortable at the St John Campus in Davison. The circle drive to the entrance doors was convenient for dropping off the grandma of the bride who is elderly and frail. There was ample parking. The building coordinator, Tina, made planning easy with access to table clothes, napkins, table, chairs, and chair covers. The options of rooms provided just the size room we needed for our guest. All our guest enjoyed comfortable visiting and dining during the wedding shower. Each of the family members who planned the wedding shower brought a dish to pass and shared the price of buying a meat and cheese tray. Thank you to St. John's for having such a nice room to rent for our family's special event!

Sent on 03/18/2016

St. John the Evangelist & Blessed Sacrament's reply:

Thank you for the fabulous review! I'm so glad that everything worked out for you!

Kim · event on: 08/02/2015

The staff at St. Johns helped make a difficult time more manageable.

Sent on 03/02/2016

St. John the Evangelist & Blessed Sacrament's reply:

Kim, thank you for the review. I'm glad that we were able to assist you through a difficult time.

Jessica · Married on 07/18/2015

5 Stars!!!! We we're so lucky to have our reception at St.Johns Parish Hall. We we're allowed to decorate the day before the wedding and we had time and no one rushed us out. The day of our wedding we we're even lucky to have our DJ and cake to arrive at least 5 hours early to get set up. They unlocked the doors so we didn't have to worry. Tina was exceptional!!! She always answered my phone calls or text messages even when I had bridezilla moments;). We're so thankful and grateful by how everyone treated us!!! Made our wedding amazing!

Sent on 12/02/2015

St. John the Evangelist & Blessed Sacrament's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review Jessica! I am so happy that you were satisfied with our facility. It was nice to meet you and you were a pleasure to work with, no "bridezilla" moments that I can remember :). Congratulations on your marriage!
    ~Tina Simmonds

St. John parish hall was the perfect venue for our reception. Planning a wedding is stressful and expensive. This hall was fairly priced and the staff was great. They were friendly and very helpful. The venue was clean and well kept. The bathrooms were very clean and neat. I do not have one bad thing to say about our experience here. Anyone near the area should definitely consider them.

Sent on 01/05/2016

St. John the Evangelist & Blessed Sacrament's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review!

James · Married on 06/27/2015

We have had two daughters married at St. John's and used their facilities. They were simply top notch in both cases and helped make memorable wedding experiences for the whole family.

Sent on 04/14/2016

St. John the Evangelist & Blessed Sacrament's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review!

Debbie · Married on 06/19/2015

I have utilized this venue for several different events including bridal/baby showers and graduation parties. The facility is always very neat and clean. The kitchen facilities have everything you would need (large refrigerators, ice machine, several sinks, many ovens). The staff is very helpful, flexible and accomodating to your needs. I always recommend this venue to anyone who would is looking for a place to hold an event.

Sent on 03/02/2016

St. John the Evangelist & Blessed Sacrament's reply:

Thank you for the great review Debbie! I look forward to working with you in the future!
    ~Tina Simmonds

My husband and I had our ceremony and reception at St. John's in May. Everyone we worked with and spoke with on the phone made all the planning and process very easy and stress free on us. Our options were clear and there were many to choose from. Everyone was very kind and we really enjoyed getting to know other couples that we're getting married there or having their reception there as well. Highly recommend to everyone regardless of the size of the ceremony or reception they have a space perfect for your family and friends

Sent on 11/30/2015

St. John the Evangelist & Blessed Sacrament's reply:

Congratulations and thank you for the wonderful review! I'm so glad that you had a pleasant experience at St. John!

Lea · Married on 05/16/2015

This venue gave you the freedom to make your wedding what you wish. We decorated, brought in our own food and music, and in turn they provided a safe, clean atmosphere.

Sent on 12/12/2015

Thank you for the nice review Lea! Congratulations! ~Tina Simmonds

Carol · Married on 07/29/2018

Used one of the small halls at St. Johns Davison for my nieces bridal shower. The venue was clean and we had ample space for 65 guests plus food, drink and gift tables. The kitchen was at our disposal too and it was clean. Everyone on staff was very professional and accommodating. I would highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 08/06/2018

St. John the Evangelist & Blessed Sacrament's reply:

Thank you for the great review Carol!

Kendrick · Married on 06/23/2018

The staff was very helpful and friendly

Sent on 07/06/2018

St. John the Evangelist & Blessed Sacrament's reply:

Thank you for the review Kendrick!

Anna · Married on 06/15/2017

We utilized the small activity hall for a HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION OPEN HOUSE. Facilities are spacious, clean, well-lit, air-conditioned and easily accessible. This hall also offers versatile layout options and includes a warming oven for catering services as well as a roomy refrigerator to store cold items. We consider this rental option well worth the cost because we didn't have to worry about the weather, temperature or bugs!!

Sent on 06/19/2017

Thanks for the great review Anna! ~Tina Simmonds

Luann · Married on 08/06/2016

St. John's Banquet hall was very large and able to accommodate our large wedding reception! Tina and her staff are awesome; very professional and helpful. Everything went well with no issues. I would recommend this hall to anyone looking.

Sent on 08/10/2016

St. John the Evangelist & Blessed Sacrament's reply:

Thank you Luann, you were a pleasure to work with!

Cathy Blankenship · Married on 11/02/2018

Fabulous venue and support staff

Fabulous venue that fully met our vision. Facilities Manager was very supportive of the specific needs required for our fundraising event. They also made great recommendations to help us save money on decorations and equipment rentals. I would recommend working with these professionals anytime.

Sent on 11/06/2018

St. John the Evangelist & Blessed Sacrament's reply:

Thank you for the great review Cathy! I hope we get the opportunity to work together again!

Kristina · Married on 05/27/2018

St. John’s Family Center was the perfect venue for us to hold our wedding reception! Tina, the facility supervisor, is great to work with. She is very responsive and answers all questions, and provides suggestions with what she’s seen from her experiences in this position. It is a very affordable space and our party of almost 300 guests enjoyed themselves. Thank you for helping to make our day special!

Sent on 06/12/2018

St. John the Evangelist & Blessed Sacrament's reply:

Kristina, Thank you for the lovely review! I'm so happy to hear that everything went well. I love the pictures...it was a beautiful reception!