St. Croix Boat & Packet Co. Reviews

29 | Stillwater, MN

29 Reviews for St. Croix Boat & Packet Co.

Overall great night! Good service, boat captain and excellent food (no seriously it really was great buffet food). We were very pleased!

Sent on 07/29/2013

3.8
      3.0

Overall, I was super happy with our reception venue. It is a beautiful place, the food was excellent and the day-of service was great. Because the Lowell Inn is still building their wedding business with their new event center, we were able to get pretty good value for our money. The main downfall with the venue was the planning team prior to the big day. There was a not a specified "wedding planner" assigned to us, so we worked with a variety of people to plan our big day. By the wedding date, I felt like I knew the whole staff because I had spent so much time planning with each of them. The planning seemed a little disorganized and scattered, which made me nervous for the big day, but everything went off just fine. The worst was after I had paid my deposit a year ago, and then they called me 2 weeks later to see if I was still interested in the date... because they had forgotten/not realized I had already booked and paid the deposit. Nerve-wrecking? Yes. But everything came together great.

The only other difficulty was that they only have 30-35 hotel rooms, so you have to book other hotel room blocks nearby, which fill up crazy fast.

Overall though, super happy we held our wedding here. In my opinion, best reception venue in Stillwater, hands down.

Sent on 09/08/2012

2.8
      3.5
      3.5
      1.0
      1.0

We chose the Lowell Inn for its beauty in charm to host our wedding. The value was great! However dealing with two of the front desk/main associates really dampened our planning process. This should be a magical time...planning your wedding. The front desk staff/wedding staff were rude, short tempered, and confusing. I felt that nothing we discussed was being recorded or acknowledged, so we had to ask that invoices be sent to us to confirm. During our walk through of the reception hall we felt rushed and as if we were "bothersome." Luckily I had a planner that dealt with them most of the time but I was very unimpressed. They really didn't try to accommodate us when asked. The "story" of what costs extra, added fees, and day of timeline were constantly changing. It seemed that it depended on who you spoke with. My guests at my wedding complained to me all weekend about how rude the staff was, specifically Alex and Judy. They stated that they would blatantly roll their eyes at them and simply say "we can't help you or we don't do that." Its sad that such a beautiful venue/hotel is being managed by such people. I will say that Leah the manager was very helpful and nice when we spoke with her, I wish we would have dealt with her the whole time. Our wedding was perfect because I married the love of my life, but it was unfortunate to have this experience and to hear my guests dissatisfaction....especially because we brought them a lot of business. very disappointed. I really wanted to post this review so that Leah could work on making some changes, because I know this place has so much potential.

Sent on 10/14/2013

Kate · Married on 07/17/2010

2.6
      2.0
      2.0

I had my reception at the Lowell Inn. We had approximately 125 guests. The wedding coordinator was extremely difficult to work with initially and attempted to charge us for things that were not originally discussed. Little attempt was made to insure we were happy with the planning portion of the event. The chef however was amazing. The food was delicious and she did her best to insure our happiness. The event itself went relatively smoothly and the staff, on the night of the event, was really great. Everything leading up to the event however, was more painful than it needed to be.

Sent on 02/10/2011