71 Reviews for St. Charles String Quartet

Instrumental-Duo (1)
String-Trio (1)
String-Quartet (1)
Viola (1)

Smooth process overall, extremely easy to work with and very responsive over email, great song repertoire, lots of options (quartet or trio or duo), decent pricing - highly recommend.

Profile Picture Kimberly, 9/10/16, 12 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music
Services Used: Cello, Violin, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumental-Duo, String-Trio

I knew that when I got married that I wanted a string quartet to play. When I was searching for a string quartet the first vendor that popped up was the St. Charles String Quartet. Once I listened to their sample audio clips, I knew I had to have them play at my wedding. I loved the array of music that they could play. They played beautifully for my wedding party and I as we walked down the aisle. We also ha them play during the cocktail hour and a lot of people raved about how amazing they were and the music that they were able to play.

Profile Picture Crystal , 10/17/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: String-Quartet, Cello, Viola, Violin, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour

St. Charles did a beautiful job for our ceremony and cocktail hour! They played lovely classical music during the ceremony, and then mixed it up with some jazzier and more modern songs during the cocktail hour. It all sounded amazing! They have an extensive repertoire but are also completely willing to learn new pieces with some advance notice, and the musicians who played at our ceremony were right on time and very professional. We loved having them be a part of our big day!

Profile Picture User4098784, 2+ years ago, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

St. Charles Strings are amazing! I had the trio for my ceremony and cocktail hour. For the ceremony they played Beatles music and then a variety of pop music for the cocktail hour. They were punctual, professional and fun for all of my guests to enjoy. I highly recommend booking them if you're interested in having strings play at your special event!

Profile Picture Jen, 4/11/15, 13 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

What great fun to have a traditional string quartet play contemporary music! The musicians of St. Charles Quartet are super talented and "rocked" the pre-ceremony and the ceremony itself!

Profile Picture User4622657, 2+ years ago, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

The Quartet did an amazing job! We had them play pop music arrangements for our wedding before the ceremony, and everyone we spoke to remarked in how beautiful the Quartet sounded!

Profile Picture Andrew, 10/25/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

The musicians of St. Charles String Quartet were amazing to work with and phenomenal from start to finish. They did an awesome job of setting the tone for our wedding ceremony and keeping everyone in great spirits and musical bliss during our cocktail hour. Following the wedding, a number of our guests remarked on how great they were and were super impressed by the fact that they played contemporary music on their instruments that sounded great. The musicians are extraordinary and I HIGHLY recommend their services because they made the most important day of my life absolutely amazing.

Profile Picture Piper, 8/17/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

St. Charles String Quartet was a perfect addition for our wedding day! If you are considering having a string quartet, it is totally worth it if you book St. Charles String Quartet. They played beautiful music, were extremely professional, and made the ceremony very lovely. They are very talented and have a vast repertoire! Thanks for making our day perfect!

Profile Picture Laurie, 7/19/14, 12 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

I had a trio at my cocktail hour and they played classic rock - hard rock music. It was absolutely awesome and everyone raved how great they were! Very professional and extremely talented!!

Profile Picture User4151349, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
4.2

The musicians of the St. Charles String Quartet were great to work with. We used one of their trios for them for music for our ceremony and cocktail hour for our small wedding, and were not disappointed! They had a great sound and very professional appearance.

Profile Picture User3761304, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

All I can say is WOW. They were fantastic! Easy to contact, very nice to deal with. They played classic rock during the cocktail hour and our guests are still talking about it...they made a perfect wedding...well...more perfect! Thank you!

Profile Picture User3642207, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

The St. Charles String Quartet was phenomenal during my wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. The guests were gushing about their mixture of classical and popular pieces. As a violinist myself, I can say that their talent and the quality of their performance was absolutely wonderful. They executed everything flawlessly. I would definitely recommend them!!

Profile Picture Kellie, 9/19/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Neil and the rest of the St. Charles String Quartet will be one of the highlights of your wedding! I received so many compliments on what a wonderful job they did and how impressed people were with their music selections! I asked them to do contemporary music for the cocktail hour, and they knocked it out of the park (e.g., Stairway to Heaven, Somebody That I Used to Know, Titanium). They even did some music for my ceremony that was not on their list. Book them - you won't be disappointed!

Profile Picture Jessica, 7/13/13, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

We used the St. Charles String Quartet for our ceremony and cocktail hour. We were impressed by the breadth of their repertoire. They can play classical music like Bach, but they can also play Red Hot Chili Peppers. We opted for more classical music during the ceremony and 80s/90s/pop music for the cocktail hour. Our guests loved that mix of music. Neil was extremely responsive and easy to work with. We had a few songs we wanted played for each part of the event but left the rest of the choices up to them, and they did a great job. I would highly recommend them for any wedding or event.

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/8/13, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

We chose St. Charles String Quartet to play for our ceremony and cocktail hour because we were very impressed with the quality of their music as well as their song selection. We wanted non-traditional music for our ceremony, and they had a ton of songs to choose from. They were also more than willing to learn any songs that we wanted that weren't on their song list. We chose the following songs for our ceremony: What a Wonderful World (Louis Armstrong), At Last (Etta James), Somebody to Love (Queen) and Signed Sealed Delivered (Stevie Wonder); and they all sounded perfect! We didn't get to hear them play our cocktail hour since we were taking pictures, but we got a ton of compliments on their music selection.

I would absolutely recommend them to play for anyone looking for non-traditional music - although they do know traditional music as well. Neil was a pleasure to work with, and was more than happy to answer any questions we had!

Profile Picture Jenna, 5/18/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

We really wanted a rock string quartet for our ceremony and cocktail hour and this string quartet is amazing! They played everything we asked for and our guests thought they were very good. I didn't get to hear but their version of Free Bird left a lasting impression on people. I would highly recommend them for their professionalism (right on time) and the quality of music. The price was also reasonable if you want live music for your wedding but don't want to pay for a full band.

Profile Picture Jen, 10/6/12, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

what can i say... they learned music for us. st charles was beyond amazing... if anything i'm sad we had to take photos during the cocktail hour and we didn't get to enjoy more of them

they helped make our ceremony special and unique with our quirky music selections.

Profile Picture Andrea, 9/8/12, 12 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

They played beautiful music for the ceremony! I wasn't there to hear everything they played for cocktail hour but no one complained

Profile Picture User2660642, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

I loved The St. Charles Quartet. Their repertoire is beautifully varied and I enjoyed all the songs they played. My guests were very happy and amused to hear modern songs being played, such as Bruno Mars and Rihanna. They played the songs I requested beautifully. I highly recommend!

Profile Picture Addy, 5/19/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

I cannot say enough great things about St. Charles String Quartet. They performed at our May 18th wedding, and they were the talk of the event. They played Top 40 and added an element of fun to a venue that had the potential to be stuffy. Neil, the leader of the group, was incredibly flexible. When my soloist got strep throat, he and his group agreed to play the song with no qualms.

We highly recommend St. Charles String Quartet! We're forever fans.

Profile Picture Toya, 5/18/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Talented musicians. The guests really enjoyed the mix of pop and classical music they played during our cocktail hour. Excellent value for money.

We had to move our ceremony inside because of rain, and so the musicians did not have a lot of elbow room. They didn't complain, and soldiered on while the processional went right by them with less than 1 foot of space!

Profile Picture Eunpi, 4/28/12, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

We had St. Charles String Quartet play at the cocktail hour of our wedding. They were very easy to work with and sounded great. We wish we could have heard them more, but could'nt since we were getting our pictures taken. A lot of our guests did comment on how great they were!

Profile Picture Lee, 1/21/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

St. Charles String Quartet rivaled me for stealing the show at my October wedding. They were absolutely amazing, and really helped us without hesitation in a very critical time. My mother, who is in a nursing home, wasn't transported to the wedding on time, so we had a little more than an hour delay. Well, I had only given them a list of songs to play for 1/2 hour--leaving with so much time to fill. We heard that one of the best parts of the night for our guests was having the quartet play continuously--never repeating a song--while they waited for the ceremony to start. I actually did get to hear a bit of the music, and it was gorgeous! So soft, romantic, classical, but modern. And they even stayed for the cocktail hour, adding more time than I had booked. They handled everything beautifully--rolled with the entire night, people LOVED them and are still complimenting them more than a month later Highly recommend. They added a beautiful soundtrack to a beautiful day.

Profile Picture Erica , 10/22/11, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Neil and his team were outstanding at our wedding - the music was all so perfect and so beautiful and is going to bring happy tears to my eyes for years to come. I was nervous at first because we wanted a few songs that aren't in the usual wedding repertoire, but the St. Charles selection ranges from the very traditional to the not-at-all traditional and it all sounds divine. If you aren't sure about something, Neil can offer guidance and suggestions, and if you have any ideas that aren't on the extensive list he will enthusiastically try to accommodate you. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Jaime, 10/9/11, 5 Reviews
4.1

I worked with Neil, who was helpful in providing information related to my desire to have a string trio play ceremony music in addition to music for cocktail hour during my wedding. The music was well received by guests and they arrived on time to set-up, etc. and played our pre-determined set list beautifully. I wish I'd had the opportunity to hear more of their music that day, but of course I was all over the place on my wedding day! I'm glad so many of the guests followed up to mention how much they enjoyed it!

Profile Picture User1105366, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews