Spruce Mountain Ranch Reviews

Spruce Mountain Ranch 5

Kristen · Married on 08/10/2018

3.4
      1.5

We had our wedding at SMR this August. It is a very beautiful venue and one to consider if you are going for aesthetics. If you are wanting a more flexible venue/staff/timeline, then I would suggest researching some other spots before booking SMR because others do exist with better flexibility.

SMR has a pretty strict timeline that you had to stick with (can't be on the ranch at all earlier than scheduled time unless you want to pay more $$- this was different than some prior weddings I attended where you can definitely work with the staff if ya want to start getting ready earlier or something), guests cannot leave cars overnight (again, different than some other venues I have attended- and this is important for safety since the staff states that Uber doesn't go to SMR), and you have to be completely cleaned out and ready to leave when your time is up (this led to me cleaning out the guest house where the girls got ready rather than enjoying the last dance). It's all stated in the contract/ by the staff, and so this didn't end up being a surprise by any means, we just noticed day-of how different it made the wedding feel (rigid and like a time crunch). And in hindsight, for us, we would have preferred a venue that was more flexible and invested in the guests experiences.

They have a preferred/ required vendor list which we stuck with, but I believe you can chose your own for a fee.

I had very minimal interaction with SMR but the interactions I had the staff was friendly, and if you call, they will get back to you within the day/in the evening, and they always maintained professionalism.

As far as value, this venue is pricey and if you want flexibility, the price goes up. Hindsight for us, the price is not worth the hours/experience you get, and for us, it felt you are paying for the views/ good picture background.

Sent on 09/10/2018

Spruce Mountain Ranch's reply:

Thank you for your kindness in your response regarding our customer service, and commenting on the beauty of our property.
    I would like to add that Spruce Mountain offers our clients an 11 hr time block. You are welcome to select any 11 hr block you would like. One of the many compliments we receive is that the 11 hr block is more than sufficient to enjoy the property to its fullest. Many venues don’t offer this length of time. It is rare that any client needs to purchase additional hours.
    Spruce Mtn. only has 1 event a day at each of our properties. This means you get 225 acres to yourself! You don’t have to share your special day with anyone! When you come through our gates, we want you to feel relaxed and at home.
    We do not want you to miss any part of your wedding. Clean-up is done once your guests leave, and we have a property manager that will assist you with packing up your personal belongings. All the other clean-up is done by your catering team and Spruce Mtn. We don’t want you lifting a finger on your wedding day!
    Spruce Mtn is NOT an all-inclusive venue. This is done very intentionally. We think it is extremely important that you have freedom and flexibility in planning. That is why we allow you to use any photographer, videographer, florist, DJ, baker, etc. YOU chose. We give you not 1 but 8 different caterers to select from, that we have vetted to provide excellent service and food!
    In addition to allowing you choice of vendors, we also provide a tremendous amount of support. If you do not know where to start, contact our team. We will discuss your budget and style and customize a vendor list that best fits YOUR needs. We are here for you 24/7!
    We welcome you to check out our photo gallery to view the many eclectic and diverse styles of our wedding couples (from brides riding in on their horses, to a groom wanting to ride his jet-ski before his ceremony). We try to make every dream a couple has become a reality.

alexis · Married on 06/04/2017

2.0
      3.0

It was good! The venue was amazing, more disappointed with my caterer, whom was recommended by Spruce Mountain Ranch, Buffalo Gals. My family had to set up my entire wedding, leaving no time for my mother to help me get dressed, get dressed herself, enjoy the day. The caterer set my tables completely wrong, gave me paper plates, wrong color table cloths. It was a mess. Be prepared to set up and take down you're entire wedding if you're going to use Buffalo Gals. Venue was gorgeous but it's a short time slot.

Sent on 11/07/2017

Spruce Mountain Ranch's reply:

Alexis, thank you for your review. I wanted to follow up on my end to address your concerns and scores. The score that surprised me was the response time score of 2. It is our policy to make sure all emails and calls are responded to within 24 hours. Customer service is very important to us. We value our couples, and want their wedding day to be all they dreamed of. After looking through the 16 email correspondences we had, we responded within hours of your email with answers to your questions. The longest response time was 1 email in which we responded within 24 hours. In regards to the time allotment, comment, we give our clients 11 consecutive hours on the property. Compared to other venues, our wedding packages includes the longest allotment of time.... We have a list of 8 caterers to chose from. We want to make sure that our clients have choice when selecting a caterer so they can find the best fit for them. If your experience with Buffalo Gals was negative, I wish we could have known earlier, so we could have been proactive in guiding you. In regards to the plastic plates, from your catering contract it looks as if you had selected plastic. If you would have liked china, this could have been included in your contract. All of our caterers will give you the choice of china or plastic based on clients specifications. I would love the opportunity to discuss the service your caterer provided to better understand the set-up. This should not have been the responsibility of your mom. We have never had a caterer not do the set-up for a wedding. I am surprised I did not hear about this sooner. A mom doing a room set-up should have been addressed by my team, your wedding planner, and or the other vendors, and communicated to me immediately, as this is unacceptable. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience so we can learn from your experience, and address any future issues moving forward.

2.5
      1.0
      3.5

The location is beautiful and it was everything I wanted for my wedding. You do have to bring in everything for your event which is a lot. Also, they seems to make up rules as your planning your event. There were a few things one of which bugged me the most which was they said I couldn't use the wooden chairs for my reception but the metal brown ones. However, I saw many people use them both before and after my event. That was very disappointing to me.

Sent on 01/28/2015

Spruce Mountain Ranch's reply:

We appreciate your feedback. We now have beautiful mahogany chiavari chairs to use for the reception, at no additional cost. We were so excited when we were able to purchase these for our guests! No more banquet chairs.:) However, to address your comment, the reason we do not allow the chairs to be moved from one location to another, is due to time and integrity of the event. To move chairs during an event look disorganized and unprofessional. In addition, the time to move the chairs from one location to another in the amount of time allotted between the cocktail hour and reception is not logistically possible. We apply this same policy for all couples. The photos seen of the wood chairs being used for the reception were from guests who either rented the chairs, or did not have their ceremony at Spruce Mountain, so they were available to be used for the reception.

2.8
      2.0
      3.0

The venue was like a fairy tale, the most beautiful I've ever seen!

Be aware that they ONLY provide the space, tables, and chairs, NOTHING ELSE. The day of the event they had a staff member on site, who's entire job seemed to be harassing my wedding party. She followed my dad around for 30 minutes asking him when he was moving his car, and he repeatedly told her he was waiting to drive me to the pasture for the ceremony.

She was not there to help, only there to harass my guests and wedding party. I was extremely disappointed to hear from SEVERAL of my guests that Skylar had harassed them repeatedly over one thing or another!

The venue was beautiful though and honestly worth the trouble !

Sent on 08/17/2015

Spruce Mountain Ranch's reply:

Thank you for the feedback. I am very sorry to hear that you felt our Property Manager did not meet your needs. Our property managers are required to keep the roads clear, as many guests do try to park around the venue causing the roads to get blocked. We are required by law to keep our roads clear. I am sure this was a miscommunication, as we would have allowed the bride's transportation to remain close for purposes of getting to the ceremony site. I would be very appreciative of receiving specific details regarding the "harassment" your guests experienced. Our property managers care a great deal about our guests, ensuring their safety, assisting vendors in executing a seamless event, and making sure the property is being maintained and cared for. We have never received a negative review regarding our property managers, and very apologetic. Please contact me at your earliest opportunity, so I may become edified on the exact details of your complaint. It is very important to us that our guests are receiving exceptional service, through out their entire experience. - Tara