Cape Club of Sharon Reviews

Cape Club of Sharon 5
Cape Club of Sharon 6
Cape Club of Sharon 7

Erin · Married on 08/07/2010

Everything about Spring Valley was just perfect. From the moment my fiance and I walked into SVCC, we knew we wanted to have our wedding there. We worked with JoAnn while planning our wedding, and I have nothing but good things to say about her! She always was patient with the million questions I asked, was willing to do anything we asked and all of our requests and dreams were met and really exceeded our expectations!
    Our wedding day was perfect, I have nothing to complain about! Our wedding attendant, Will, was amazing!! He was so helpful and got us anything we needed. He was always there when we needed him, but he was never a bother to us. The food was also amazing, our choices were the filet and chicken francaise..both wonderful choices. The filets were huge and everyone loved them!
    We also loved the outdoor area at SVCC and they had nice seating and fire pits so our guests could take a break and enjoy the gorgeous summer weather. One of the reasons we wanted to have our wedding at SVCC (aside from the beautiful ballroom) was the fact that they only have one wedding a day there (so many others that we looked at would hold multiple weddings at the same time.) It is really nice to have the whole country club to yourselves!
    I HIGHLY recommend SVCC. They really took care of us and we could not be happier with how well everything went.

Sent on 01/03/2011

Deb · Married on 06/12/2010

Spring Valley did a great job - they were flexible on the day of when we arrived earlier than anticipated and we are still hearing raves about how good the food was. The venue is beautiful and the staff do a great job. Definitely recommend to others.

Sent on 07/13/2010
  • breeklein

Jennifer · Married on 10/18/2009

AMAZING!!!

Spring Valley MORE than met our expectations - they exceeded them with vigor!

The staff was exceptional pleasant and helpful, going above and beyond (especially for a snowy day in October). We could not have been happier and our guests are STILL raving!

The people at SVCC were othing but accommodating and amazing throughout the entire process. From the second we called - and they invited us to stay for a free lunch to fully experience the place - to the second we left, we were thoroughly impressed.

When we left after our first visit, the only slightly negative thing I had to say was that there are poles in the dance floor. They aren't even fully in the way - just off to the sides - and didn't affect our dancing at all!

I looked at several other places - some of which had WAY more "Wow" factor, but Spring Valley went so far above and beyond that there wasn't even a second guess.

Have your event here, STAT!

Sent on 11/04/2009

shannon · Married on 10/02/2009

Spring Valley above and beyond exceeded my expectations!!! The staff and management were amazing and catered to our every need and made our wedding the most amazing day of my life. I would recommend this venue to anyone looking for the most amazing, beautiful, classic wedding of all.

Sent on 12/02/2009

Jennifer · Married on 06/06/2009

I cannot even express how much I loved Spring Valley and everyone who worked there. I dealt with Scott and he was AMAZING!!! I mean seriously, the zipper on my dress got caught and everyone was freaking out. We called on Scott and he performed his voodoo magic, and my day was saved! They were accommodating to every little detail I asked for, and every single food request and change we did up until only 1 week before the wedding! I had my own personal attendant who brought anything I asked for and she even packed up my car at the end of the night! They include some uplights, your choice of colors. The ceremony site looked amazing, the reception was perfect. I cannot even think of one single complaint. The grounds are beautiful and I loved that we could use the outdoor patio for cocktail hour. The food was delicious and they even had a little spread of all the appetizers in the bridal suite after the ceremony for me and my new hubby to enjoy. That was perfect since once we stepped into the cocktail hour, forget it, we had no chance to nibble on all the fantastic food! Before they do anything, they check in with you. They wanted to leave the patio tables with umbrellas up because the weather was gorgeous, but they checked with me first since they wouldn't have a table cloth for it. The food was delicious and was presented beautifully. I really cannot say enough how much I loved them!!! A++++++++++

Sent on 06/09/2009

Erika · Married on 08/16/2008

Words can't describe how wonderfully treated I was by Spring Valley and Scott Thibault, the venue's manager. Scott sat with us and went over ever detail in the planning stage, and then delivered on every one of them without fault. His attention to detail was impeccable. He was extremely responsive to all my (sometimes unconventional) requests. His highly trained and competent staff were extremely professional and capable. The food was absolutely delicious at the tasting, and then to our delight everything was just as tasty at the wedding, which is rare with venues and catering companies. The personal attention I received from Scott and his staff was far superior to anything I would have experienced had I chosen a hotel as my venue. From the moment I arrived on the premises the day of the wedding I was assigned a personal bridal attendant who catered to my every need before and during the entire wedding, bringing me champagne, food, and anything else I needed. When I got dirt on my gown train from the photo session in the grass, she ran to get soap and water and scrubbed out the stain! I can't give enough praise to Spring Valley and having been a guest at many many other weddings witnessing the service and staff at all those the venues, I can honestly say that Spring Valley far outshines the rest.

Sent on 09/29/2008

Stephanie · Married on 11/04/2006

Everyone at Spring Valley Country Club was absolutely incredible to work with, especially Scott. Our ceremony and our reception were in the same place and they had to flip the room from ceremony to reception and everything was flawless. The food was delicious, and the choices were endless, plus they were willing to create anything we wanted. They were wonderful to work with.

Sent on 11/21/2006

Laura · Married on 05/26/2013

We are so happy we chose Spring Valley Country Club for our May 2013 wedding. It was a beautiful location, and it was a pleasure to work with JoAnn and Wil. They are professional, responsive, and kind. They know how to throw a great party and took the time to go through everything with us. JoAnn responded to e-mails and phone calls quickly, and that was very reassuring for us over the months leading up to the wedding. The venue and photos on the grounds are beautiful. We chose to get married in the clubhouse, which was a very good idea because it was windy and chilly on our wedding day in late May. We used an outside caterer, and it's expensive to do, but they worked together with the caterer very well. Having our wedding here was one of the best decisions we made when planning our wedding. We recommend it highly!

Sent on 06/26/2013

vasilia · Married on 05/22/2016

Spring Valley was Great! The staff was very attentive and professional. Everyone at my wedding loved the food. Definitely high quality. My cousin was so satisfied that she is going to look at Spring Valley when she gets married. The ballroom is so beautiful and has great big windows that look over the gold course. I got so many compliments on how classy the venue was and how good the food was. No other venue compared to spring valley for the service and value.

Sent on 06/09/2016

Kristen · Married on 04/25/2015

My husband and I had our wedding reception at Spring Valley Country Club in April and could not have been happier! Marissa, the wedding coordinator, and all of the staff did a fantastic job. The room looked beautiful and all the food was delicious. They got all of the details just as we had requested! Since we got married during an "off peak" season, there were a lot of extras included in our package which was a great value added. Overall, we had a fantastic experience!

Sent on 07/28/2015

Carla · Married on 09/06/2014

Spring Valley is a beautiful venue and they have delicious food that is made fresh in house. Many venues serve frozen food, Spring Valley does not!!! So many people that came to our wedding said it was the best wedding they have ever been too. The ladies that worked with us, Kate and Marissa, were wonderful. They did a beautiful job with decorating just like how I asked. Kate is all business and knows her stuff and Marissa really sets you at ease. They are a great team. Being that weddings are so stressful, I am so glad that we were able to sample the food beforehand because I ate nothing on our wedding day and all I kept hearing from all the guests is how delicious all the food is. Spring Valley was so beautiful and perfect, I wish I could do it all over again and not be so stressed because I know I will never go to another wedding in my life that was as nice as mine and that is how every bride should feel about their wedding. Thank you Spring Valley, Kate and Marissa!!!

Sent on 09/28/2014

Jennifer · Married on 08/10/2012

This was one of our best decisions for the wedding. The venue was gorgeous, roomy, awesome bridal suite, very attentive staff and were thoroughly impressed. Our guests had an awesome time oh and I forgot (important) the food was amazing! Hubby loved the mahi mahi entree, guests raved about the wine braised chicken and the vegetarian squash ravioli yummy. The only reason I put 4.5 stars is the venue is a little more expensive but it was worth every penny. The entrees and apps we choice we not their most expensive but still amazing which helped offset our budget. Also did beverage jars very nice presentation -Various fruit stoli jars and sangria for cocktail hour which they lasted into the night. Joanne the coordinator really helpful. The attendant for the day makes sure you are taken care off and they sat us all in the bridal suite and eat your apps and drinks before we did our pictures.

Sent on 10/29/2012

Jennifer · Married on 05/30/2010

I had my wedding at Spring Valley Country Club and I have only fabulous things to say about the venue. The venue itself is absolutely beautiful. I had my wedding outside, but the inside option is just as pretty as there are floor to ceiling windows throughout the entire place. The service was excellent as well. I worked with JoAnn at the beginning and then Amy towards the time of the wedding. Both were wonderful to work with. The day of the wedding they had an attendant, Will, by my side as well, and he was great too. We have had so many people tell us how wonderful the service and food was as well. Overall, excellent choice!

Sent on 07/10/2010

Sabrina · Married on 07/03/2011

It was a wonderful evening. I wish they had communicated a little bit better with us especially when they don't do rehearsals. They are normally known for wonderful food, and most of it was wonderful, but their were some of our guests that had very overcooked chicken meals.

Sent on 08/13/2011

Lauren · Married on 10/10/2010

3.5

Spring Valley was one of the places to visit on the list that I thought, "okay, we're out in that area, might as well go see it...." But we LOVED it. I am so happy we stumbled upon this venue for our 10-10-10 wedding!

We booked the club over 18 months in advance, and I talked to a number of different people during that time. It seemed that our reception kept passing from one person to another, and sometimes I did not get the immediate responses I was looking for. We ended up working mostly with JoAnn, who was fantastic! She addressed all of our concerns and did a great job pulling everything together for us!

The layout worked very well for our 160+ person reception. Our guests were able to be indoors or out on the patio for the reception area, which they appreciated. The room was big enough to hold everyone very comfortably. Although I was worried about the support pillars at the ends of the dance floor, they really didn't impact anything or obstructed views. The food was fantastic! Even during the tasting we were having trouble deciding on what to serve - we loved it all! Everyone raved about the spiced apple martini's (the specialty drink).

We were a little late getting there from our ceremony, but the staff was quick to get us out to the golf course to do the photography we wanted. They were also extremely accommodating by allowing my husband and I to take additional pictures out by the willow tree on the front of the property, instead of the lake. They carted us (the whole bridal party) around in golf carts, and we had our own waiter to bring us drinks while we were out there. (He definitely had to go back in a number of times!)

The whole night went by so fast, but the staff was very punctual and kept things moving along. I couldn't have asked for a better reception venue!

Sent on 06/30/2011

Tiffany · Married on 09/26/2014

3.4
      3.0
      3.5
      3.0
      2.5

The venue was hands down amazing, and my wedding of over 200 people was easily accommodated. Marissa was amazing, and worked to ensure on my wedding night everything went smooth. Upon booking, Katelyn was very professional and explained that I was in good hands after originally touring with JoAnn. A week before the wedding, I felt super stressed with all the emails going back and forth, change in pricing, and inflexible rules regarding any changes that needed to be made. I was spoken to multiple times throughout the night from Katelyn about how much "trouble" her staff was having (Ex- with serving because a few of my guests were not seated in their designated seats), which was off putting considering on my wedding night I really did not want to bothered with logistics. After the wedding, guests and members of my bridal party pointed out that staff was rude and not accommodating-- specifically my sister and my old high school teacher who was an honored guest. He pre-selected the sea bass for his himself and his wife and was blatantly told "we have chicken left and that's it" in a very take it or leave it an unapologetic manner. Many of my guests lefts making remarks like "for the price you must have paid for the reception, the staff was not on par." The groom's cake was never presented, so my husband waited months for the wedding video to see it. I truly enjoyed my day because I was with my husband and in marital bliss, but it was disheartening and embarrassing for my mother and myself to take calls weeks after from guests who felt slighted and talked to in such an unprofessional manner. For the price, I would've expected more considering the caliber of this establishment. Kate seemed inflexible and hard to work with. I think my experience would've been more positive had I worked with Marissa from the beginning. To be in the wedding industry, she was stoic, seemed unhappy in all the meetings and phone calls with me. I chose not to call after, just to move on.

Sent on 02/18/2015

J · Married on 09/17/2010

0.0

My fiance and I booked our wedding at Spring Valley only to find out three months later that they had "double booked" our wedding date. This all happened after receiving a contract and cashing our deposit. They claim it was due to a system error, but made no effort to correct it. Our only option was to find a new venue or change the month of our wedding because no other dates were available that month. The management team appeared to disregard the severity of this error and did nothing to assist us in locating another venue. It took over a month to get our deposit back and a refund for our save the dates that had already been ordered. After experiencing how poorly organized the management team is here, I'm actually very happy things did not work out. I would not recommend this venue to anyone in hopes to spare others the pain and agony we went through.

Sent on 11/07/2010