Cape Club of Sharon Reviews

Cape Club of Sharon 5
Cape Club of Sharon 6
Cape Club of Sharon 7

Tatiana · Married on 09/28/2014

We recently had our wedding here and it was great. There is not one issue that I had at all. The level of service was great. Kate (coordinator) was always very helpful an accommodating. Our wedding day went smooth and I felt very secure with the day of coordinator, she stayed with me and lead me through the entire day. she was such a sweetheart.
    The meetings were great, they kept me on task.
    The pros of this venue:
    the scenery
    the food (amazing)
    vendors are very familiar with this venue so there is not anything tricky as far as scheduling goes.
    staff is great
    super clean
    bright
    the value

The cons
    The sign marking SVCC is kinda small, A few guest missed it twice.
    The walk up to front door is a little long.

Sent on 10/15/2014

I had my wedding a few weeks ago at the Spring Valley Country Club. I truly loved my wedding. From the very first moment my husband and I walked into the venue last fall we knew it was the perfect place for us. When we booked the venue last October there was a different coordinator working there. I was so paranoid when I found out that she left. After meeting their new coordinator Kate I felt at ease. Kate is the best! She responds to emails very quickly, takes care of difficult situations smoothly and extremely professionally, and makes great suggestions when you get stumped. I couldn't have asked for a better person to run my wedding! The venue itself is gorgeous! The outdoor patio with fire pits was a huge hit with my guests. The ceremony in front of the huge glass wall was beautiful, I received a ton of compliments on that too. Their food is hands down the most delicious food that I've had at a wedding. I have celiac and cannot eat gluten and SVCC was extremely accommodating with my allergy. They had gluten free rolls, appetizers and even desserts for me. I wish I could have eaten more! The bride really has no time to eat I never realized that! I can't say enough wonderful things about SVCC, I truly had an amazing wedding and everyone loved it. Thank you so much!

Sent on 09/24/2014

Stephanie · Married on 08/23/2014

Spring Valley was the perfect venue for my wedding. The golf course and scenery are breathtaking and the staff always goes above and beyond. Our coordinator, Kate, was a dream come true. She was always professional, flexible with all our needs, she provided impeccable service and always made us feel assured and in good hands. She was so organized that not one single detail was missing from my wedding plans. She was fabulous and so was the entire staff!! The food was so delicious and the fire pits were awesome!! I cannot recommend this venue enough!

Sent on 08/30/2014

If I could give this venue ten stars I would.EVERYTHING,the venue,the food the professional guidance,the organization,the assistance ,the reassurance,the hand holding for 2 families that had never hosted a wedding before. Our guests raved about the magical surroundings . the appetizers,food and wait staff were incredible. Kate and her assistant were fantastic . All in all book it!!!!

Sent on 08/13/2014

Sarah · Married on 07/26/2014

Spring Valley CC was a dream venue for our wedding. From the staff, the food, to the actual venue itself, it was perfect. We were taken care of so well (and for a bride that is a huge weight off your shoulders). The staff and Katelyn were so attentive to our needs and in our vision as to what we wanted for our special day. Katelyn worked closely with us in a professional and organized manner, making me feel as though everything was ready to go and was taken care of. I never had to worry or question anything. It was all perfect. A dream come true wedding for an affordable price. Comfortable, cozy, yet stunningly elegant.

Sent on 08/11/2014

Annie · Married on 06/21/2014

The single best decision we made when planning our wedding was deciding to have it at Spring Valley Country Club. We heard about it from a friend who also had a wedding there the year before ours. It was the only venue we looked at and we booked it immediately and had no regrets. We are not members at this club, but they never treated us as if we weren't and they were there for us every step of the way. Kate is the perfect blend of professional and down to earth; she totally made our vision a reality and helped to ensure the wedding felt like us (and kept me organized!). Wedding Coordinator Marissa was our go to girl leading up to the wedding; she handled everything perfectly and if anything didn't go as planned she never let us know it. Anything we needed that day, all we had to do was ask and Marissa made it happen. I can't say enough good things about Marissa and Kate, they are simply the best and I cant imagine anyone will work harder to accommodate you. The wedding was months ago (the first day of summer June 2014) and our friends and families are still raving about how gorgeous Spring Valley was and how much fun they had. The property and the service alike were impeccable. There are tons of options for food and beverage service, I have to think there is something for everyone with their options. You can't beat the patio on a summer evening and the grand ballroom is so romantic for a wedding. Writing this now makes me want to go back and do it all over again! It was my perfect day. If you have a chance to have your wedding at Spring Valley, I highly recommend you do, you won't regret it!

Sent on 11/23/2014

Casey · Married on 06/14/2014

My husband and I were married at Spring Valley Country Club on June 14, 2014 and had an unbelievable experience working with the club from start to finish.

The event manager, Kate, is knowledgeable, professional and extremely detail oriented. She was efficient in answering her emails, responding to all our questions and had meticulous notes on our likes, dislikes and our vision for the big day. She gave us sound advice, accommodated all of our needs and made us feel comfortable turning the whole event over to their extremely competent staff.

Marissa, our day of coordinator, was exceptional. She made sure that my husband and I were informed about everything going on ( i.e. how much time we had before food was served, time left before cake cutting, etc) and had everything we needed (she honestly magically appeared any time our we needed a fresh drink with a new one in hand without us having to ask)! At one point during the evening she even helped to rebustle my dress when it was stepped on. Marissa’s calm and even demeanor made her the perfect person to have by your side on your wedding day – she was calm and relaxed, making you calm and relaxed!

The event itself was nothing less than perfect – from the picturesque golf course (I got awesome sunset pictures) to the amazing food (people are still talking about the flatbread bar) to the hospitable staff - I couldn’t have asked for anything more. The venue itself has lots to offer – the outside patio overlooking the course was perfect for the guests who didn’t want to be inside with our live band all night and the inside cocktail area would have been big enough to accommodate an entire cocktail hour (we had 180ppl) if it has rained.

My family and I received nothing but compliments on my wedding, My parents and I could not have been any happier with the staff, service and food on my big day. I would highly recommend this venue to any bride-to-be. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 07/21/2014
  • User4199942 · 2+ years ago

Spring Valley was our wedding ceremony and reception venue. Gorgeous venue, fantastic food, and excellent service - can't recommend it enough. The ceremony is inside, but with glass all around so you feel like you’re outside with no stress about the weather! Lots of nice photo spots that don’t look too golf coursey. The bridal room is a beautiful and relaxing place to get ready. The patio area is huge and our guests really enjoyed it. The ballroom is lovely - everyone can see toasts and special dances, but there is also room in the back for lounge seating for guests who want to talk.
    The wedding coordinator is responsive, friendly, and helpful, and their whole system (tasting, menu planning meeting, details meeting, drop-off day) is organized well. Once you drop your decorations off, they take care of everything - so you can enjoy your family and friends without having to worry about setting out decorations. They kept everything running on time on our wedding day - food was served promptly and they coordinated well with our vendors. They also adjusted to last-minute changes (added a special dance, had last-minute seating changes). They packed everything up carefully at the end of the night.
    Food is delicious - we got so many comments from guests on how much they enjoyed it! Our tasting meals were consistent with our wedding day meals - not always true for some places. There were a lot of bar service options. The waitstaff were all well-trained, patient, and helpful - we particularly appreciated the servers who worked our grandparents’ table and gave them extra time and attention.
    Finally, the billing process was clear and straightforward - all options are laid out without any surprises. You really get a lot for your money, as they include planning, decorating, champagne toast, cake-cutting, linens, and candles in the pricing. The staff not only helped make our day spectacular but genuinely shared in our excitement both leading up to and on the day itself.

Sent on 06/24/2014

Amy · Married on 05/23/2014

Dear Katelyn and Marissa,

My husband and I cannot thank Spring Valley enough for helping to make our wedding an absolute dream come true. We have heard nothing but amazing things about the venue, service, and food from our guests.

Kate Hill and Marissa Fife have been so helpful throughout this process and I am so appreciative of them!

We recommend Spring Valley to anyone and everyone who is asking or looking!! We could not have asked for anything more. Everything was absolutely perfect.

Sent on 05/30/2014

Katelyn Hill, the wedding coordinator, is an extremely skilled professional and took care of every detail to ensure that our wedding went off without a hitch. Every guest that we have spoken to has had rave reviews regarding the delicious food, fabulous patio and spacious dance floor. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our wedding and cannot wait to attend another wedding at Spring Valley Country Club as guests in the future!

Sent on 05/03/2014

Highly recommended! We had a December wedding at Spring Valley Country Club and I am so happy with how our reception turned out. The venue is beautiful and features floor to ceiling windows with awesome views, even in the winter. It is a large space, and our guests (270!) fit comfortably. There is also a large deck available for use, complete with fire pits and space heaters. Our guests were in and out all night, despite the cold weather. Add in some white lights throughout the venue and it truly looked like a winter wonderland. The food was delicious and competitively priced compared to other venues in the area. Everyone raved about the appetizers in particular. Kate, our event coordinator, was a pleasure to work with. She is relatively new at the country club but you would never know it. She was very knowledgeable about the venue, menu, bar, space, etc, and also had great answers to our many questions as well as good suggestions to help make our night run more smoothly. She also responds to emails extremely quickly, which was very much appreciated during the stressful few weeks leading up to our wedding. Definitely check out this venue!

Sent on 01/14/2014

Carolyn · Married on 10/13/2013

JoAnn and Will at Spring Valley made our wedding day unforgettable! Everything was beautiful and the food was delicious. Will, the day of coordinator, is incredible. He was nearby all night and made sure we were completely happy. I highly recommend Spring Valley!

Sent on 10/15/2013

Jessica · Married on 09/21/2013

Spring valley was amazing. JoAnn and Will made sure our wedding day went perfectly. We didn't have to think about a single detail that day. The food and atmosphere were perfect.

Sent on 10/08/2013

From the moment I walked into Spring Valley Country Club I knew it would be our venue (okay, so maybe I knew well before I was even engaged!). The entire place is gorgeous…. From the ceiling to floor windows in the ballroom, to the spacious bridal suites, to the patio complete with fire pits overlooking the meticulous maintained greens- ABSOLUTELY PERFECT! JoAnn, the event coordinator, made the entire process so easy…..no question of mine was considered silly and believe me when I say I had a lot. She made it all seem so effortless and was quick to give you feedback on pretty much anything we needed. JoAnn and her amazing staff were able to take our vision and layout right in front of our eyes! They put in a lot of extra work for our set up and dedication that like is truly appreciated. I hate to be cliché--- but it was everything we had ever dreamed of and more.

Our guests are still raving about the food and the sweets station! And although we did not get to try any ourselves we even received fantastic feedback about even the hor’dourves. We wanted dinner service to be fast--- and that was defiantly the case. By the time we had reached the last few tables to greet- our guests were finished with their entrees. The timing could not have been more precise- right on schedule.

Our day was picture perfect and Spring Valley Country Club played a VERY big part in that. There is no doubt that we made the right choice and I would 100% recommend the venue to anyone!

Sent on 07/29/2013

Cindy · Married on 05/25/2013

Spring Valley Country Club exceeded our expectations. Having gone there several times for meetings and visits leading up to our wedding day, but never actually seeing it set up for a wedding, I have to say, I was completely blown away with how gorgeous it truly is. I had initially wanted an outdoor wedding; however my husband was not sold on the idea. The minute we both walked into Spring Valley we knew this was where we had to get married. The ceremony took place in front of ceiling to floor glass windows, overlooking their perfectly manicured greens. We had an outdoor feel while still being indoors! It truly was more beautiful than I had ever imagined and also photographed amazingly. JoAnn from day one was a pleasure to work with; always responsive, professional and easy going. She was always willing to offer ideas and help out in any way, even lending us candy jars to use for a candy bar at the end of the night. The wedding itself went flawlessly, the staff was fabulous, and everything was setup to perfection. Some things that stood out from the night that our guests are still talking about -- the dim sum station during cocktail hour, the outdoor fire pits on the deck and portions of the dinners - which I will add was delicious (even though I only got a few bites in)! Will our assistant for the day was great and fun to work with. He kept our large wedding party in order and made the whole day run smoothly and effortlessly. I truly have nothing bad to say about the venue and the experience, except that it went too quickly! Thank you JoAnn, Will, and the fabulous staff of Spring Valley for the best party of our lives!

Sent on 07/16/2013

Jackie · Married on 05/26/2012

I cannot say enough fabulous things about spring valley country club! JoAnn and Will were so great to work with. They made everything so easy for us and we did not worry about a thing! The location is beautiful, the food is fabulous and the service is phenomenal!

Sent on 05/29/2012

Melissa · Married on 11/19/2011

Spring Valley Country Club met our expectation and MORE. They were a pleasure to work with. JoAnn, the wedding coordinator, was extremely helpful with all her guidance throughout the wedding planning. The value for this venue is fabulous. Our guests were raving about the food (apps, dinner, dessert) during the wedding and for weeks after the wedding. When walking around to thank all of our guests for coming, we noticed that most of their dinner plates were clean! Spring Valley worked well with our other wedding vendors (e.g., band, photographer). Our wedding was flawless thanks to Spring Valley and their staff. The venue itself is gorgeous. The cool fall air allowed us to make use of the outside fire pits and heat lamps on the deck overlooking the golf course. Everyone who works there is extremely professional and responsive to what our needs were. You can't beat it for the quality of service. I HIGHLY recommend Spring Valley Country Club as a wedding venue! We can't thank them enough for all their helpful suggestions throughout the process and for making our wedding night go so smoothly.
    =)

Sent on 01/02/2012

Jessica · Married on 10/01/2011

Spring Valley Country Club provided us with the most amazing and beautiful wedding that we could have ever asked for! We can't say enough great things about this venue. Our guests kept commenting on how beautiful it was...It exceeded our expectations in every single way. The food was DELICIOUS, the staff were so friendly, helpful, and attentive to our guests every need. JoAnn Parks was the absolute best person to work with! She was so helpful, she made every part of our wedding go exactly as we pictured it and imagined it. JoAnn is incredibly professional and easy to work with. She had wonderful suggestions, and gave us such great advice. She made us feel completely at ease, and our wedding could not have been more perfect. Will, our bridal party attendant, was THE MAN! He is the nicest, coolest person ever, and he went above and beyond for us, our parents, and our bridal party. Thank you Spring Valley for the best wedding we could have ever asked for!

Sent on 10/02/2011
  • Becca

Becca · Married on 09/17/2011

We had our reception at Spring Valley Country Club and could not have been happier with the decision. We just cannot say enough good things about it.

When you visit Spring Valley it looks beautiful but that is nothing compared to what it looks like on the wedding day. Absolutely breathtaking. We were lucky enough to have beautiful weather the whole day but since it was September the evening was a little cool. But the fire pits and heat lamps make the outside patio for the cocktail hour look and feel wonderful! Then inside the reception room it was even more beautiful with the chandeliers, candles, and uplighting. My husband and I loved the way everything looked and so did our guests.

The food at Spring Valley was also fantastic! Everyone loved the appetizers and all three dinner options. Serving dinner took a little longer than we would have thought but it wasn't a big deal. Then the plating of the cake with ice cream in a chocolate tulip with chocolate covered strawberries- so cool! We loved all of it.

In terms of service, Spring Valley knows what they are doing. They only do one wedding at a time which makes you feel very special. JoAnn is a true professional and we always knew we were in good hands from the moment we visited Spring Valley, to the tasting, and through the wedding day. Will was also wonderful! He was with us the whole day to make sure we had everything we needed and everything went smoothly. We knew we didn't have to worry about a thing the entire night thanks to these two!

Overall, Spring Valley is wonderful and we would absolutely recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 09/19/2011

Donna · Married on 08/27/2011

I had my wedding at spring valley and i cannot even express how AMAZING it was. The weather forecast on our big day included high winds and heavy rain but it did not matter because this venue is so beautiful even a hurricane could not ruin it. Everything was perfect. The management team is extremely organized. As many brides know, planning a wedding can be stressful but Joann was helpful in every way possible. The staff was accommodating to every detail. Will (our attendant the night of the wedding) was extremely attentive. He was one step ahead of us all night making us laugh and making sure we had the best night of our lives. The food and portions were beyond our expectations. Many of our guests have commented on the excellent service and friendliness of the staff. The dance floor is large, the bridal suites are large and beautifully decorated and the bathrooms are clean and updated. I would rate this venue as top notch and the staff went above and beyond to ensure we had a perfect wedding. I have nothing but good things to say about Spring Valley and highly recommend this venue to anyone!!!! It was worth every penny spent. My sister was so impressed she has booked her wedding at this venue as well and I have no doubt it will be the second best wedding experience of my life (i am partial to my own)! Have your wedding here :)

Sent on 01/07/2012
  • Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 08/06/2011

My husband and I loved every single thing about Spring Valley - I cannot say enough great things about it! JoAnn went above and beyond with her service, flexibility, and professionalism. Everything was perfect and our day could not have gone any smoother - there isn't one complaint I have about the entire planning process or wedding day! Any question I had for JoAnn, it was always "Sure, we can make that work - don't worry about it!" She was very quick to respond to all my numberous emails leading up to the day. Throughout our year of planning, they were continuously improving the country club - adding uplights, new curtains, new carpet, gorgeous canopies on the patio. We walked in on our wedding night and the set up looked absolutely stunning. Our guests raved about the food - both at cocktial hour and their dinner meals, and the service during both. Will (our personal attendant) was so attentive the entire night and made sure we had everything we wanted to drink, to eat, etc. - they even made bleu-cheese-stuffed olives JUST for my husband's martini! Spring Valley made our wedding exactly what we had always pictured.

Sent on 08/23/2011

christine · Married on 06/03/2011

loved it!! loved the place, loved the food, and loved the people! joann was amazing from beginning to end. and on the day of, will made us feel like royalty. not in a forced, uncomfortable way. he just knew exactly what we'd want like 10 minutes before we even thought of it. he was fun, professional, and so calming to have around, ready to help in every way. the place looked beautiful (i was running late the morning of, and joann was my angel; she met me early and immediately put her crew on the scene for me, setting up all kinds of displays that i didn't have time to with very little direction, and she sent me on my way home to relax w/ my girls. it all came out magnificent and i felt so pampered!!) the place really was breathtaking - inside and out. we continue to hear from guests what a great night they had!! although it was not cheap, it was surprisingly reasonable; we got so much for our money, and both my husband and i think it was worth every penny. they exceeded our expectations.

Sent on 08/15/2011

Julie · Married on 12/11/2010

My husband and I were thrilled with our reception! We got married in the winter, and they set up heated patio chairs, heaters and fire pits outside. They were responsive to all my ideas and made sure I didn't have to worry about anything. All of our guests said it was one of the best venues they'd ever seen! Check it out!

Sent on 03/12/2011
  • Julie

Julie · Married on 09/24/2010

We couldn't be happier with our choice of venue. They were very responsive, attentive to details and made sure we got everything that we wanted. Will was our personal birdal suite assistant and he was amazing! He made sure we had everything we needed, was constantly bringing us food and drinks and even looked after my grandmother all night to make sure she was all set. The food is amazing... definitely the best food we have ever had at a wedding (and our guests told us that as well!). The room is great and although I was concerned at first about he large columns on the dance floor, they were never a problem. We had our ceremony inside and it had an outdoor feel since the walls are all class and the ceilings are very high. They were ver flexible as this decisioin to have the ceremony inside was a very last minute decision. All along we had wanted to have the ceremony outside on the deck, but changed our mind as the day got closer. They moved everything around for us no problem. I can't say enough about how much we enjoyed our experience with Spring Valley Country Club. I have nothing bad to say!!

Sent on 10/11/2010

Chelsea · Married on 08/28/2010

The minute I walked into SVCC I knew it was where I wanted my wedding reception to be. The cathedral ceilings, wall of windows, gorgeous patio and beautiful scenery had me in awe. A bonus to the beauty of the venue was just how wonderful it was to work with JoAnn. I could get in touch with her anytime I had a question and she was so accommodating to all our requests. On the day of the wedding, Will was our personal wedding party attendant and he was beyond wonderful. He was so polite and treated us all like royalty. As expected, the country club was breathtaking on that day and the food and service were extraordinary. I honestly cannot think of a single negative from my entire experience with SVCC.

Sent on 09/21/2010