Spring Hill Manor Reviews

111 | Rising Sun, MD

111 Reviews for Spring Hill Manor

Spring hill manor is simply amazing. Jamie and his wife (the owners) are such great people and go above and beyond to make your wedding day go as smooth as possible and simply perfect! I can't thank them enough!

Sent on 10/13/2014

Sarah · Married on 05/03/2014

I really cannot say enough wonderful things about Spring Hill Manor and the Sherrads. This was the first (and last) venue we looked at and it was so beautiful that we booked the date on the spot. Throughout the year plus that we were engaged, Jamie was always responsive and helpful with any questions I (or my caterers) had for him. The barn was absolutely beautiful on the day of the wedding--one of the best parts of Spring Hill is that its already such a lovely property and space that you need to do very little in the way of decorating. Literally the only thing we did in the barn was put flowers and linens on the tables for dinner. Guests could not stop commenting on how unique and lovely the space was. I wish I had a million events that I needed to hold at Spring Hill! My mom and I both said how sad we were on the Sunday after the wedding that we would not be back in the barn again (unless we attend the antique show in the winter--which we plan on!).

My wedding was such a happy and perfect day and Spring Hill Manor had so much to do with that. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 05/19/2014

Sarah · Married on 09/21/2013

If you're planning a wedding, you know step 1 is the venue. Before I found Spring Hill Manor, my wedding vision was confused to say the least. But once we found it, I was truly inspired and it set the tone for the whole wedding. My fiance and I stumbled upon Spring Hill Manor while looking at another venue in the area. The caterer was setting up a wedding and let us in on this secret, magical spot (she was getting married there in a few weeks at the time). We decided to check it out and fell in love. If you haven't had the pleasure of visiting in person, its a restored barn circa the 1800's taken over by antiques. Every corner has a hidden treasure you can't believe you never noticed before. The rustic barn walls have slits that leave just enough sunlight to reflect off all the amazing hanging stained glass. There are so many little spots that make for great wedding photos. On top of all this charm and atmosphere, Jamie, the owner, is probably about the nicest person you'll ever meet. He helped us set up the day before and break down the day after. On top of that, he is also an amateur meteorologist, able to predict rain down to the minute. We were fighting gloomy skies all day and were worried we might not be able to have the ceremony outside. Jamie said we'll have a half hour to make the ceremony happen before its starts pouring, and boy did we ever time it perfectly. We had a beautiful outdoor ceremony before being serenaded by raindrops on the barn roof for the rest of the evening. Spring Hill is unlike any other venue you will see and Jamie and his wife make it a truly special spot.

Sent on 10/07/2013
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 06/22/2013

Spring Hill Manor is stunning, scenic, cheerfully off-center, and for couples that want to emphasize that their wedding day is above all else a celebration. What makes it so special however is the proprietor and his wife, who are so warm and accommodating they seem as invested as your favorite family member. I cannot emphasize how much they did for us, how much they calmed our nerves, and how little credit they took for all that they did. Understand that despite the beautiful countryside location, the creatively adorned barn setting, and all of the unique touches that sell the property , it is the proprietors that we will remember first and foremost. If you think this venue could work for you, please consider a visit.

Sent on 06/25/2013

Amanda · Married on 06/08/2013

We had our wedding at Spring Hill Manor on June 8th 2013. It was PERECT!

SERVICE: Jamie was so helpful since the day I contacted him about his venue. He got back to be immediately anytime I had a question. On the day of, he helped make sure everything went smoothly and couldn't have been better! He also has tables, chairs and table cloths ready for you to use!

VENUE: This venue is TO DIE FOR. It is a historic barn decorated in a fun, vintage, and rustic feel. They decorate with silk florals so you don't even need to spend extra on flower arrangements! There is a great pool area and basement that we used for our cocktail hour....everyone loved it! A plus, 5 AWESOME bathrooms! They are all individuals, and are all decorated with their own theme.

OUR WEDDING: We had only 80 people (the venue max is 210) so we were worried about it looking empty. Not to worry, Jamie arranged all of the tables so that it looked like the venue was designed for our # of people! We had buffet style food served downstairs. We pulled off a PERFECT diy and budget wedding here, and it looked like a million bucks because of the venue we chose!

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Sent on 06/19/2013

Libby · Married on 09/22/2012

I happily stumbled upon this beautiful venue, just as I was losing hope of finding anything suitable in our area and budget. I want to tell other couples about it too!

This 200 year old barn has an incredible atmosphere, and really decorates itself. There are 2 areas which work out best for an outdoor ceremony - overlooking trees with the barn behind your seating, or on the "volleyball court" - a flat grassy area overlooking the corn fields with the barn to your side.

Jamie and Marie, the owners, take wonderful care of both the barn and the surrounding gardens, and go out of their way to make everything perfect for your day. There is a pool (that my groom and groomsmen jumped in at the end of the night... of course!), and with the barn being on 2 levels (well, 2.5 if you count the little loft space), there is SO MUCH SPACE for your guests to mingle!

Tables and chairs are included, and Jamie has enough to leave ceremony chairs outside and have separate chairs for inside at the tables, so you don't have to worry about asking your guests to bring in their chairs after the ceremony. (Of course, if it rains, you already have the plan B of having everything happen inside - no need to have a tent as a backup or anything!)

The barn is equipped with 3 fully serviced bathrooms, a kitchen area for your caterer, power, lights, chandeliers, ceiling fans, a kegerator, and lots of beautiful antiques and gorgeous stained glass windows hanging.

I can't encourage you enough to go and look at this place if you are looking for a rustic feel for your wedding. I had multiple people come up to me on the day and say, "Wow. This place is incredible! Where did you find it?!"

We live in Falls Church, NOVA, and it was a 2 hour drive for us to get up there. I also have recommendations for other vendors who worked really well with us and the venue to create a perfect day!

Sent on 10/02/2012

Katherine · Married on 09/14/2013

We absolutely fell in LOVE with this place when we first saw it. It is stunning and just beautiful. The great thing was is we didn't have to worry about a lot of decorations, this place is already filled with so much all we had to do was decorate the tables. Everyone loved spring hill manor and we got so many compliments about it. I def. recommend this to anyone who is looking for a rustic country and original wedding. We got Married 9/14/13 and the weather was beautiful!

Sent on 09/24/2013

Phil Bartlett · Married on 09/21/2019

Outstanding venue. Jamie did an awesome job coordinating the event.

A great place to have a wedding and/or reception. The barn has tremendous character. Best wedding I have been to his decade.

Sent on 09/26/2019

Casey · Married on 10/12/2013

This venue was perfect for our wedding. The proprietor was very relaxed and accommodating, which allowed us to plan the wedding we wanted. The property itself allowed people to explore and be comfortable socializing, rather than being stuck at their assigned table and just about every guest was gushing about how cool the barn was in general. I loved that we could bring our own alcohol, pick our own caterer, and band. We had plenty of access to the venue to set up and tear down, which made the event so much less stressful or rushed. The owner of the venue was on-point for the rehearsal and the day of the wedding, anticipating our needs in advance and helping wherever possible. This place is amazing and is TRULY a one of a kind place - it really really is.

The venue is fantastic, but be prepared to arrange lodging and transportation for your guests if you're so inclined, as it's not as accessible as a venue in the city. It wasn't a problem, but it was an extra thing to add to the list of tasks.

Planning and coordinating with Spring Hill was so stress free, that I am sad to have the event be over, rather than relieved, as other brides usually are.

Sent on 10/15/2013

Jessica · Married on 09/19/2015

3.0

My wedding day could not have been more perfect and beautiful! Spring Hill Manor is very unique compared to other barn wedding venues. I would highly recommend Spring Hill Manor to anyone that is looking for a barn or outdoor wedding venue.

Sent on 10/15/2015

Alison · Married on 05/15/2016

3.8
      3.0
      2.5

Our wedding here was GORGEOUS! We wouldn't trade it for anything because the barn and the location are so unique! Jamie can be a bit opinionated/overbearing so go in confidently and TELL HIM what you're doing...or else it will be the other way around :) Over all though, stunning venue that is still being talked about by friends and family!

Sent on 12/06/2016