43 Reviews for Spotlight Events

Photobooth (5)
Disco Ball (3)
Projector (3)
Karaoke (2)

Russell is absolutely wonderful. We met with him several times during our planning and he listened to what we wanted and helped us make decisions where we needed to. He really knows his stuff! We chose to do the voice over "love story" for our first dance and it was beautiful. I'm so glad we have that recording to keep forever, and we're still getting so many compliments on it. All throughout our event, Russell was sure to check in that we were happy with how things were going. Your DJ is one of the most important decisions you will make for your wedding. Choose Spotlight Events!!

Profile Picture Jenny, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Spotlight Events/Russel-We first saw Russel/Spotlight Events at our friend's wedding dance. We had so much fun and the fact that he had everyone involved at the dance was amazing. We want to plan our 25th wedding anniversary party and we kept think about how much fun we had at the wedding dance. We decided to have Russel do our event. Russel is not just an entertainer, he is a great event planner. Every detail we wanted he made sure it happened. His music didn't miss a beat and all the activities he planned kept our family and friend's entertained all evening. We had our party in August of last year. Our family and friend's are still talking about how much fun they had. We had so much fun!! We will cherish all the memories of that day/evening forever!!!!

Profile Picture Laurie, 8/25/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Greg and his whole team were amazing! He really went over and above to make our special day great. He truly was the guy who kept everything moving and on track...much more than just a DJ. We received so many compliments on our first dance song spotlight that was put together, and we couldn't thank him more for a job well done!

Profile Picture Cathleen, 8/5/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

We knew we wanted an extraordinary DJ to make our party stand out, so we hired Russell (Spotlight Events) for my daughter’s event in August -- mission accomplished! Russell helped us plan the flow of the evening and gave us great advice to add unique and interesting touches, which made the party memorable. The lighting effects added to the party’s ambience and theme, while the photo booth was unlike any we’d seen before and let our guests get really creative! The Spotlight Voice Over during the Father/Daughter dance got a very emotional response from our guests, and people are still talking about it months later. Russell carefully chose the dance music to get people out on the dance floor and keep them involved all night long. We got more than just a DJ, though: Russell is an entertainer through and through, and his experience and sense of fun made our event magical and memorable for us and for our guests. We could not have asked for more (but if we had, we’re pretty sure Russell would have found a way to deliver it for us!)

Profile Picture Claudia, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Very detailed. Made the music that we requested work. Became our day of coordinator, which was a huge plus!! Everyone did get on the dance floor, which we thought would never happen. My 96 year old grandma danced along with our metal head friends!!

Profile Picture Tim, 7/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had 650 people at our wedding and they kept them all out on the dance floor all night long, I would highly recommend them to anyone I know planning a wedding!

Profile Picture Brittney, 5/6/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Russ was more than just a DJ for us, he coordinated things perfectly with all of our other vendors and we were able to relax and enjoy our day. The lighting was beautiful and he kept the party going all night with his awesome music choices. He had so many great ideas for guest involvement and the voice over during our parent dances was so touching and all of our guests loved the uniqueness. We cannot thank Russ enough for his help on our day. We highly recommend Spotlight Events!

Profile Picture Cassandra, 4/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

Russ was such an asset at my sister's wedding! He went above and beyond all of our expectations and was incredibly accommodating. He ensured that all of the guests were happy and having a good time. Russ really works hard to make sure your day goes smoothly! Plus the photobooth is easy to work and such a fun way for your guests to leave their mark!

Profile Picture Sara, 4/1/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Working with Russell from Spotlight Events was an absolute pleasure. As a best man to one of two joyful brides planning a wedding on only 6 weeks notice, I found his expertise as a planner, master of ceremonies, and entertainer to be invaluable. The services he provided - including playlist and activity customization, multimedia recording and editing, and follow-up - genuinely blew me away. Russell's first priority is to tie the emotions of such a big, important day in to his shows while demonstrating sincere caring and respect. In this case, he was highly successful! The ladies' reception was one of the happiest and most fun parties I have ever been to, and, being on New Year's Eve, there was some anxiety about guests leaving early. We needn't have worried! The reception was engaging and family friendly without being childish, and Russell continued to perform after his scheduled departure time, as about two-thirds of the guests remained until the final song. Though he may cost a little more than other options, I found Russell and Spotlight Events to be worth every penny.

Profile Picture Will, 12/31/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Videography, Wedding Planning

Spotlight Events/Russell did a fantastic job putting everything together for our wedding, he went above and beyond to make everything perfect! Not just perfect but better than I could ever imagine, he through in some surprise voice messages from love ones that couldn't make it to our wedding (which brought us all to very happy tears). I recommend them to everyone! If you are looking for an entertainment that will go over and above all of your expectations, Spotlight Events is where you need to turn! Russell, pours his heart and soul into making your special day perfect. He really helps you to plan a timeline for the day of your wedding. Russell really focuses on what your expectations are for the reception. We wanted a memorable reception where everyone was dancing the entire night dancing, we had our wedding on new years eve and it was nonstop dancing and celebrating with a new years countdown! Russell did such an amazing job with fun and upbeat music selection that was fun for all ages. We also did the voice-over/love story for our first dance it brought everyone to tears and surprised all our guests who wished they could have had something so special for their wedding. He was even involved in our ceremony making a special song cut of "lava you" and the music from "UP" to fit in to our disney/pixar themed wedding based around the movie "UP". Since he has so many years of experience he told us that we should do our first dance right after the grand march. Spotlight Events had the lighting system absolutely perfect. Russell made a special playlist for our guest to enjoy during our pre-ceremony gathering we had for those to go to before our wedding so our guests never had down time and were constantly entertained, enjoying our celebration even when we weren't able to be around. Kept the whole wedding moving with a seamless flow. He made sure to make announcements as to when we were arriving, cutting cake, etc. Spotlight Events was the absolute best DJ service I have

Profile Picture Cassandra, 12/31/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Videography, Wedding Planning

Simply the best! Our wedding reception has been the talk of our friends and family because of how fun it was and we owe it all to you!!

Profile Picture Steven, 12/27/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Greg and his sidekick were absolutely AMAZING, incredibly professional, and on top of everything. My wedding went so smooth because of Greg. So many people were telling me to hire some amateur DJ to play some music because it was all I needed.. Wrong. When Greg said he is like the ring master he couldn't have been more right. I am still getting compliments about our DJ almost 2 weeks later and he is the reason it was such a perfect night. He was full of surprises and my husband and I couldn't have been more happy about having him. He is very kind, patient, understanding and so fun. Thank you to Greg for making my wedding night so magical and perfect.

Profile Picture Jacinta, 8/27/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

A brief disclaimer before I begin my review of Spotlight Events and DJ/Master of Ceremonies, Greg Ostrowsky...I am fortunate enough to have this exceptionally talented man as my father. All my life he has been a permanent fixture, DJing every church and school dance since 6th grade, including several Monona Grove High School Proms. His ability to relate to and to read a crowd is unmatched and I have left many an event wishing the night could have gone on forever! Imagine my gratitude when he offered to MC and DJ both of my wedding receptions, in addition to performing his duties as father of the bride! An expert multitasker, my father, Greg Ostrowsky, seamlessly wove through the crowd greeting guests, announcing special dances and highlights of the evening, and choosing the perfect music to create a celebratory atmosphere that reflected my tastes and was appropriate for both the venue & our guests. Greg Ostrowsky Runs the Show! He is a professional; the best of the best! You can have confidence that no detail will be overlooked and no request will be forgotten when you engage the services of Spotlight Events!

Profile Picture Carly, 8/16/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

From the moment my husband and I connected with Russ about possibly providing the entertainment for our wedding, our experience was nothing but wonderful!!! After meeting with Russ face to face and talking about our day, we knew that he had to be our DJ. From there on out working with him was so wonderful! It's been said before and we will say it again - he is SO MUCH MORE than a DJ. He basically helped us plan our entire day out and offered us some of the best, useful advice. If you're wondering about which DJ to choose, choose Russ! I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture Nicole, 7/23/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I usually do not like to write reviews but that being said here you go. All the personal touches Russell added for the wedding, through the dinner all the way to the reception. All our guests said what an amazing DJ he is. Our guests were on the dance floor all night long as well. Samantha and I were so grateful to Russell and his team for all their hard work, dedication, and attention to detail. It is because of Spotlight Events DJs that our wedding night was the best night of our lives. For example he provided a voice-over during our first dance that can only be described as Amazing! We had so many compliments about how they had never heard anything like that before and it was great. I saw and heard many people that actually cried during it:). It is those extra touches that make them worth every penny. The Mirror photo booth was also one of a kind. It was an absolute hit! When researching other DJ's and the services they offer, you will not find a more dedicated and honest person than Russell. He will work with you to give you and your Bride what you want in making your special day everything you thought it should be! You will not regret going with him!

Profile Picture Corey, 7/16/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

Russell was fantastic! He really knows how to make you feel great about the DJ you're choosing. From the second I talked to him on the phone I knew he would be the perfect fit. Once we meet in person I got to learn a bit more about what he offers and he was fantastic with working in my budget. Russell went above and beyond what I imagined a DJ would do. And the icing on the cake was that all the guests at our wedding loved him just as much as I did.

Profile Picture Olivia, 6/25/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I hired Greg for my daughters wedding reception. He was referred to me by a friend who is extremely picky about everything especially money. We had never met my son-in-laws relatives since they all reside in Missouri so it had to be a grand slam. After talking with Greg on the phone I knew right away that he was our ringer. They wanted their ceremony held atop a hill in the middle of a prairie. I worked for months mowing and planting grass seed. It was a wide path leading to a heart shaped knoll. We put up a trellis and set chairs all around. Oops, I had for gotten about electricity for a PA system until the day before. Greg came through with a portable, battery powered PA (I didn't know they made them) with a wireless microphone for the minister and it even had a channel for me to play my acoustic guitar through. That really saved the day. The reception was under a tent near the house. We had Nesco warmers that were set too high and kept tripping the circuit Greg figured it all out since the food was already cooked at his suggestion we simply turned them down to 'warm' and all his lighting and sound system went smoothly all through the night. When it comes to DJing Greg involved everyone in a round of Piano Man and also showed us how to do the Bird...it was hilarious and we had a blast! Thank you Greg for making my daughters dream day come true!

Profile Picture Steve, 6/18/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

Spotlight Events did an awesome job at our wedding. We knew they would be good, but they really exceeded all expectations. All our relatives told us how wonderful they were and that they made our wedding so fun!! Highly recommend this company!

Profile Picture User7506749, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We met Russ, of Spotlight Events, at the Bridal Expo in Madison. Russ politely caught our attention and brought us in to hear about something “you wouldn’t see anywhere else.” Russ had us listen to a sentimental and touching first dance song with a voiceover of the couple's love story. When we were ready to book a DJ, we immediately thought of Russ and the great impression he made on us. We set up a meeting with Russ and booked him the same day. We were impressed by the level of one-on-one customization and personal touches. We are both introverted people and our biggest fear was that the dance floor would be empty. Russ reassured us that would not be a problem and we fortunately made the great decision to trust him.

We met with Russ a number of times leading up to the wedding to work on our playlist and custom First Dance / Voice-Over. You really need to hear an example of his work to realize how special this is.

Fast forward to our wedding day, and Russ continued to go above and beyond, for not only us, but for all of our guests. He was walking around making sure everyone had a drink in hand Our First Dance was a hit - there wasn’t a dry eye in the house! Everyone was so impressed and wanted to hear more about how we had done it!

After dinner, the start of the dance went off without a hitch, as Russ engaged our guests and got them all, and I mean ALL, out on the floor! We have the pictures to prove it! And to think we were genuinely concerned that no one but our closest friends would be out there with us! Russ had a number of surprises and activities that flowed smoothly and kept everyone entertained. By the end of the night, we were so pleased with how well everything had gone and didn’t want to let it end - in big part to Russ’s involvement! We are so glad that we trusted him and invested in such a skilled DJ, so that we could have such a perfect night. Spotlight Events was worth every penny!

Profile Picture Gretchen, 5/29/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Spotlight events was so much more than a DJ - they were a whole wedding planner! So much attention to detail and levels above any other DJ we've ever met. Thank you doing such a great job at our wedding - they were worth every cent!

Profile Picture User7473512, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

If you want everyone attending your wedding to tell you as they all leave at midnight that it was the most fun wedding that they've ever been to, then book Spotlight events. If you want to deal with genuine people who actually care about what is supposed to be the best day of your life, then book Spotlight events. Seriously great people to work with.

Profile Picture User7488832, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Greg's services were outstanding, and worry free. He really went above and beyond at our wedding last September. He was ready for anything, rain or shine (it stormed for us). He had a few surprises up his sleeve that we hadn't thought we needed or planned for, but ended up being perfect, and totally memorable. I wouldn't have had it any other way.

Profile Picture Daniel, 9/17/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

Russell Welch from Spotlight Events was our DJ (and so much more) for our wedding on August 8, 2015. When I describe Russell and his services to family and friends I always say that he is not just a DJ. Instead he is an artist. He mixes music so that your guests will NEVER want to leave the dance floor. Not only did I have the opportunity to work with Russell for my wedding, but I was also a guest at a wedding that he DJ'd for and it was the best wedding we had ever been to. Russell will set up a meeting with you and go over all of the music that he (or the three of you) have selected for the evening. He also does amazing voiceovers for first dance songs which was something my guests were extremely impressed by. Our parents both commented on how personable Russell was and how impressed they were with all the "extra" things he did throughout the day/night to make everything run so smoothly. For example, he continually brought guests drinks from the bar, passed around mints after dinner, prepared drinks for the bridal party before the grand march, and SO much more. Hands down, Russell is an amazing DJ, entertainer, and artist. I would HIGHY recommend Russell for your next event.

Profile Picture Lindsay , 8/8/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

As a mother of the bride he removed stress and created a amazing party! We thought we knew what we wanted and he did all of that and then made it better. Russell is amazing!

Profile Picture User6542022, 2+ years ago, 1 Review