Spot Floral Design Reviews

19 | Beltsville, MD

19 Reviews for Spot Floral Design

Deirdre · Married on 06/20/2015

They were wonderful and everyone at the wedding complimented us on our flower choices. They brought the bridal party bouquets to our house early for pictures and made many last minute changes without any problems. They are very creative so if you want something unique and/or don't know a lot about flowers these are the people to see. They had a great sense of who I was and what I wanted after our first meeting and by our second meeting had an entire mock table set up with the centerpeice that was dramatic and stunning and I was sold. They were also not anywhere close to the most expensive people I spoke with. I give them an A and would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 06/01/2008

Suzy · Married on 10/15/2011

John and the team at Spot did a FANTASTIC job on my fall wedding flowers. I gave them general guidelines and they put together beautiful structured bouquets with mango calla lilies, yellow dahlias, and red roses. They also made incredible table arrangements to match; I got lots of compliments. John was very responsive to my emails and provided great service. The price was very low compared to other comparable florists in the area. Highly recommended!

Sent on 10/21/2011

Matthew · Married on 09/04/2011

Spot Floral Design did the flowers for our wedding, and we could not have been happier! We gave the florist an idea of what we were looking for, our budget, and let him come up with something that would work. Let me tell you, it was absolutely gorgeous. They do great work, and for a very reasonable price. They also handled our last minute changes with no issues. We could not have found a better florist for our special day. We highly recommend Spot Floral Design to anyone looking to be amazed.

Sent on 09/07/2011

N · Married on 07/16/2011

Spot was recommended to me by a friend who works in special events. I was worried going in, bc our budget was VERY low, and thought they might laugh us out of the room. On the contrary, they worked with us to make sure we got the bouquets and corsages we needed, which were BEAUTIFUL, within our very tight budget. They didn't blink an eye when I asked for the bridal bouquet to be the same size as the bridesmaids' to save some cash. Highly recommended.

Sent on 11/03/2011

Amanda · Married on 05/14/2011

I wish I was able to upload pictures of the gorgeous boquets and arrangements Spot Floral put together for us. John and his team really went above and beyond to give me exactly what I wanted, and didn't even know I wanted! All I knew was color, primary flower, and venue theme, and they took it from there. He was very easy to talk to and took all of my suggestions to heart and told me what he thought would work and wouldn't work.
    I received so many compliments on my bridesmaid's boquets and on mine especially. The bridesmaid's boquets were so unique and mine was just over the top beautiful and creatively put together. They were on time for meetings and on time the day of with the delivery. My husband and I were completely satisfied with their service and product. Thanks!
    x - Amanda Tisler

Sent on 06/22/2011

Sara · Married on 05/30/2010

Spot Floral Design was amazing! They were very creative and they listened to everything we asked for in terms of our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. Their flowers were absolutely beautiful and they were extremely easy to work with.

Sent on 06/02/2010

Naomi · Married on 04/18/2010

Overall, Spot Floral did a fantastic job. We went with them originally because they were the only company that understood the complicated arrangements we wanted to do, and they gave a really fantastic price (plus they were on our venue's recommended vendors list). A few weeks before the wedding, we decided to go with more simple arrangements for convenience's sake, and they were able to be flexible and do a really great job. We didn't really even know what we were getting, since we couldn't afford to have a flower trial, but everything worked out well on the day of the wedding. Everybody said the flowers were totally gorgeous. In the beginning my fiance and I didn't find them to be very responsive, but he responded very quickly to my mother, who pretty much was paying for it anyway so it worked out. I would recommend this company for a couple who does not have control issues and can just let them do their thing.

Sent on 04/25/2010

Sophia · Married on 05/09/2009

John and Douglas and the entire Spot Floral Team exceeded all of our expectations to create the most magical, wonderful, breathtaking reception, but they also created gorgeous bouquets, bouttonnieres and were a pleasure to work with from start to finish. They went above and beyond creating stunning arrangements for both our rehearsal dinner and wedding day. I can't recommend them enough as they are enormously talented and were so pleasant throughout.

Sent on 05/26/2009

J · Married on 11/08/2008

The flowers for our wedding were perfect. John was so helpful and knew exactly what we wanted, even when we had no clue.

Sent on 12/02/2008

Amy · Married on 10/20/2007

These 2 men are the Martha of floral design. My wedding was incrediable. They listened to my budget and color scheme, and they knocked my socks off. The flowers were perfect, beautiful, rich in color, I had red roses, and when you entered my reception room, the tables were dressed and the room smelled of roses which just added to the romantic feel I was going for!

Sent on 02/08/2008

Adriana · Married on 10/07/2007

Without these two gentlemen we would not have been able to pull our vision for the flowers and decor together. We knew that we wanted to provide vintage containers for the flowers, but were really unsure how it would all come together. They made wonderful suggestions on linens and candles and set up all of the tabletops beautifully. They are extremely talented and certainly went above and beyond for us. Our flowers were fresh and just how we envisioned them to be.

Sent on 08/11/2008

Rebecca · Married on 06/16/2007

The guys at Spot are floral and event design geniuses. I changed my mind about decor about half way through the proccess and they took it all in stride without one complaint. They provided chair and cushion rentals, cake stand rental, decorating of the reception venue and the church. The flowers were stunning. The look was regal and elegant. I could not have asked for more! My guests were all amazed!

Sent on 08/10/2007

Laurie · Married on 10/15/2006

The florist, which was the vendor I originally cared least about, turned out to be one of my favorite vendors! I found them at a wedding show in Greenbelt and feel so lucky to have hired them. They are extremely responsive, offer good prices, provided everything I asked for plus some extras "just in case", delivered everything ahead of time, set up everything perfectly, the flowers were of premium quality (no yellowing or browning on any petals!), and the chuppah was AMAZING...best out there by far!!! Want something unique, artistic, elegant, yet affordable?...these are your guys!!! They work with you in every aspect and really are interested in making your day beautiful. They even have innovative ideas on how to get double use out of aisle pieces and centerpieces. After working with them, I feel like they are good friends and I've honestly never met them before that wedding show. Definitely hire them, you won't be disappointed!!!

Sent on 01/25/2007
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 05/14/2011

John and Doug provided beautiful flowers, that arrived on time and were exactly as I had asked. I had a very special request for them to make a flower dog collar for my little puppy ringbearer. It could not have been more adorable and although I loved my bouquet, that was my favorite thing! I can whole heartedly recommend them.

Sent on 05/16/2011

Lauren · Married on 09/01/2006

These guys are so creative and have such vision, yet they really listen and work to give you what you want.

Sent on 05/30/2007

Edyta · Married on 04/28/2012

Making all the floral choices for our wedding was difficult for us and we came to John with many different ideas. John had tremendous patience while we sat with him and chose our Floral Designs on a low budget. He created wonderful bouquets! Each was hand made with exquisite taste that looked picture perfect and matched the style we envisioned. John also delivered the flowers to three different locations in Washington DC on a Saturday morning in a very timely manner. We certainly have no hesitation in recommending Spot Floral Design to any Bride and Groom!

Sent on 05/28/2012

C · Married on 06/09/2012

Spot recently provided stunning floral arrangements for my Maryland wedding. It was a pleasure to work with John, who tolerated my many tweaks and changes to my contract along the way. In the early stages, I met with them to review ideas, discuss flowers and needs. They were very responsive, asking for any pictures and examples I may have, and also very informative--we discussed the layout of the venue, and how the flow of guests influences the overall effect. It is clear that they are passionate about creating beautiful events, and they provided valuable advice that informed some of my other decisions.

I had some trepidation about how the final arrangements would turn out, but they were beautiful, and the two ceremony arrangements were just stunning- very big impact. Spot also lent us their columns and urns, which were an unexpected but extremely classy touch. My only regret is the boutonnieres. I asked to use black and white anemones for the bridal party's arrangements. Spot informed me that they were just about out of season, but would try to get the anemones. While I appreciate their effort to match my request, the anemones we ended up with were rather puny, and green/black rather than cream/black. In hindsight, I would have appreciated a call ahead of time to provide me with the option of an alternative. However, this is a minor issue in comparison to the beauty of the other arrangements they provided.

Sent on 06/10/2012

Blushing · Married on 09/14/2008

Spot offered the best creative ideas and pricing in town. They provided a mock up and samples to ensure that the colors were what we wanted.

The day of our flowers looked great! My one complaint is that they did not provide the flower petals for the ceremony aisle as stated in our contract. Other than that the flowers were fresh, vibrant, and beautifully arranged.

Sent on 12/08/2008

L · Married on 06/07/2008

4.2
      3.0

When we met with Spot they were a little abrupt and "rough" with us. When we returned for a table mock-up we were blown away. They knew what we wanted better than we did. They knew our venue and steered us in the right direction for the atmosphere that we were trying to create. All of our flowers the day of were gorgeous. They did a wonderful job in executing what they said they would. We also rented the majority of our linens from them and they were gorgeous. They were not a style I would've ever picked out myself but they were beautiful.
    Our only issue with them was their responsiveness and that they forgot a few details in our contract. We reminded them of the details before signing and they made the necessary adjustments. They are a very creative duo and they will work with you to try and create the atmosphere you would like. They aren't cookie-cutter florists like the others that we interviewed. And they are straight shooters. Although they were slow to respond, they were very willing to make any and all changes. John was even patient enough with me to give me bouquet advice when I sent him a picture of my wedding gown. We were very happy with them.

Sent on 08/18/2008