SPOIL ME Reviews

9 | Falmouth, ME

9 Reviews for SPOIL ME

Clare · Married on 08/01/2015

Kathy is awesome and very creative in helping you think about what your dress could become post-alterations. She saved the day for this bride who hates tub top wedding dresses.

Sent on 08/25/2015

Ashley · Married on 10/01/2011

I purchased my wedding dress here, and I could not have been any happier! While they don't have the huge selection that some bigger stores do, what they do have is extremely well made, classic, and elegant dresses. No scavenging through rows of dresses to find the few jems, they are all gorgeous and priced well considering the very high quality you get in the end. Service was great and product even better! Highly recommended.

Sent on 10/18/2011
  • W

Whitney · Married on 10/23/2010

I visited many dress shops is the Washington, DC and New York City area before heading to Spoil Me while I was visiting my parents.

I was so comfortable at Spoil Me - I did not feel uncomfortable or nervous like I had at some previous dress shops. The staff gave me (and all clients) individual attention, which was really great. Although the store is on the small side, the selection of gowns was great, especially at lower price points. Mary, the saleswoman who helped me, was understanding about my budget and provided some great options.

I absolutely loved my dress and would recommend Spoil Me to anyone in the Portland area.

Sent on 11/09/2010

Hillary · Married on 09/18/2010

I was extremely happy with the dress I bought at Spoil Me. The service at this small boutique in Falmouth, Maine was exactly what I was looking for - a fantastic alternative to the big shops in Boston. Throughout the process the owners of Spoil Me were extremely responsive and kept in touch regarding the status of my dress, making me feel very comfortable with the whole process.

Sent on 10/05/2010

I had a very positive experience with Spoil Me. I was at first disappointed as they were supposed to get in a particular Hayley Paige dress for me to try, but were unable to do so (this was after months of talking/planning). They did however had some other Hayley Paige dresses that were wonderful. I ended up with a beautiful dress that she had just gotten in, and bought off the rack for a discount (woohoo). Hayley Paige is a tough find, especially where I live, but Spoil Me carries her! The shop is not huge or over the top, but the service is good and they have some unique dresses!

Sent on 03/12/2015
  • Z

Jennifer · Married on 07/03/2010

3.5

I did not buy my dress here mainly because they were far out of my budget.

However, they had amazing customer service. The ladies were friendly, constantly calling or e-mailing me if they got a new dress in they thought I would like, or if there was a sale.

They were a pleasure to work with, and I would reccommend them. Beautiful dresses, they were just out of my budget.

Sent on 01/18/2011
  • Abby

Abigail · Married on 06/12/2010

4.2

My dress came from Spoil Me in Falmouth, Maine. I absolutely love my dress – it is perfect in every way! The folks at Spoil me were great during the dress selection process and even kept the store open later to accommodate my work schedule. Emily had a great eye and knew right away what would work for me and what wouldn’t. She was a pleasure to work with through that process. There were a couple of problems that we ran into later on, however. The dress actually came in two months after I was told it would arrive. I do not know if this was an ordering mistake or a problem with shipping, but it made me very nervous. Because I do not know how the mistake occurred I do not know where to lay the blame, so it may or may not have been a problem with Spoil Me. The second problem we had came when the final payment was due. However, after several phone calls my needs were met by Spoil Me, but it is too bad that my experience with them had to end as it did when it began so nicely. I would recommend this store to others because their dresses are gorgeous, but make sure that every last detail is worked out and planned for before making any decisions.

Sent on 06/28/2010

Erin · Married on 07/10/2010

3.0

I loved loved loved my dress but they're really bad at taking measurements there and it's an expensive shop!

Sent on 07/27/2010

SPOIL ME's reply:

We are sorry if measurements seemed off. However, often times wedding vendors insist upon ordering a dress by the largest measurement, which can cause the other measurements seem loose and large. that's why alterations are always expected.

Spoil Me

BJ · Married on 08/02/2012

0.8
      0.5
      1.0

My Fiance purchased a dress here and the shop ordered it in the wrong size. The owner would not accept a return on the dress and she proceeded to tell me that my Fiance had "put on some weight" (which she hadn't) The shop owner had asked us to go to HER recommeded tailor. When her tailor told us that we should take the dress back because Spoil Me made a major mistake, the shop owner went on to tell us that the tailor was wrong and not credible (Donatelli's Tailor Shop- which has a GREAT reputation). The shop owner did agree to pay HALF (100 of the 200 dollar alterations) of the alterations, only after I had confronted her.

But if you think one horror story can happen to anybody, dont stop reading. A coworker also went to this same shop and the shop owner ordered a dress 7 SIZES TOO BIG!

If you are looking to have a great dress shopping experience, avoid Spoil Me. If you're looking to have your shopping experience spoiled and your money wasted, this is your place... Spoil on!

Sent on 08/01/2012