Spirited Weddings with Deborah Roth Reviews

109 | New York, NY

109 Reviews for Spirited Weddings with Deborah Roth

Audrey · Married on 10/06/2012

Deb was the perfect Officiant for our wedding. Our guests commented on how beautiful the words were, how meaningful to us and all were guided lovingly by Deb. She is an expert and you can feel her care and joy during your ceremony.

Sent on 10/22/2012

Ted · Married on 09/16/2012

Deborah was great! She helped us plan a wonderful ceremony and encouraged us to write our own vows. She also helped us find a way to involve my children from my first marriage in the ceremony. She made us feel very comfortable. We are very happy with her services. We highly recommend her.

Sent on 10/03/2012

Eh · Married on 09/15/2012

After meeting with quite a few Officiants, we chose Deborah to perform our ceremony. She's highly personable, down to earth, funny, and engaging. She is full of wonderful creative ideas, but never taking away the fundamentals of what we wanted or envisioned for our wedding. She created a very warm, intimate and special ceremony for us, which we will always remember. Since our wedding, we've been receiving so many compliments from our guests; not just how much they loved the ceremony, but also how it was delivered. We couldn't be any happier and highly recommend Deborah! Elaine & Phil

Sent on 10/03/2012
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 09/08/2012

When my husband and I were planning our wedding we decided that we preferred a ceremony that was non-religious but still spiritual and meaningful. A friend suggested the Officient services of Deborah Roth of Spirited Living (www.spiritedliving.com). We met with Deborah at her office in New York City. Deborah asked us about how we met, our families, what we love about each other and more. She shaped a great ceremony that was extremely personalized and was like no other. We wrote our own vows and Deborah gave very helpful feedback and direction. She even suggested a Buddhist prayer that expressed our sentiments perfectly.

If you are looking for an Officient in the New York area for your wedding, we highly recommend Spirited Living. Deborah is a pleasure to work with and very professional. We were so happy with our choice and couldn’t imagine our ceremony without her.

Sent on 10/21/2012

Liza · Married on 09/01/2012

Deborah was FABULOUS. She helped us create the ceremony of our dreams - very unique and personal, and completely our own. We were thrilled with the flexibility Deborah allowed, and learned so much about the variety of rituals we could do, some we had never even seen/heard of before.

We received many, many compliments about how special, unique, and personal the ceremony was, and we couldn't have been happier with how it turned out.

We loved working with Deborah, and would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a special, non-cookie-cutter ceremony.

Sent on 09/04/2012

Lee · Married on 08/05/2012

Deborah Roth was the best wedding officiant my husband and I could have ever found. Having waited 24 years to be married and for New York to pass marriage equality, it was one of the most meaningful and wondrous experiences of our two lives. We can not say enough about how Deborah made the experience seamless and wonderful for us and our family. We thank her for making us feel so comfortable and for making our day filled with the magic we had hoped for.
    Lee and Greg

Sent on 08/07/2012

Avery · Married on 07/26/2012

Deborah created the most personal and intimate wedding ceremony we could ever have imagined. She was a delight to work with - warm, down to earth, and truly inspiring. Deborah listened to what we had to say, gave us wonderful ideas, and incorporated all beautifully into our ceremony. She was eloquent and poised on the day, with just the right amount of playful. Our guests commented repeatedly on how beautiful the ceremony was; we feel so incredibly lucky to have found her!

Sent on 07/31/2012

Deborah was everything an officiant should be (and I've been to a LOT of weddings, include several of my own ;) ). She offers templates and options and a lot of great suggestions, but really works with the couple to make the ceremony as personal as possible and encouraging us to spend time understanding and articulating why we are committing to each other and what our view of marriage is. We had a small event and have heard from everyone that it was the most meaningful ceremony they had ever attended. She also offers services to couples going forward to help them navigate issues and we plan to have her help us work to improve our relationship as we go forward.

Sent on 08/03/2012
  • Y

Yanina · Married on 07/01/2012

Our ceremony was so beautiful, and we have Deborah to thank for that. She personalized every bit of to fit my husband and I and made it so magical. We are grateful for having found her and will use her services again when we renew our vows.

Sent on 07/06/2012
  • Janice

Janice · Married on 06/15/2012

As soon as we met Deborah, my husband and I knew that she would be the perfect one to marry us. She has a very sincere, peaceful and elegant vibe to her and she is very professional and responsive. In all honestly, I was dreading the process of creating a ceremony and I didn't want it to be too long or boring but Deborah made the entire process extremely delightful and meaningful! She was a very helpful guide and mentor and provided many beautiful ceremony examples for us to seek inspiration from. She not only showed us but was genuinely interested in customizing the perfect ceremony for us. Our wedding combined Filipino and Chinese traditions and Deborah thought of wonderful ways to weave the two together in a cohesive way and even introduced us to a beautiful Chinese ancient story that we incorporated into the Filipino Cord ceremony. I love how she also encouraged us to write our own vows...trust me, it was certainly intimidating at first but Deborah reassured us to write from our heart and to be honest and with a few outlining tips, we were well on our way and it ended up being the highlight of ceremony! Deborah is experienced, thoughtful, very sweet, professional, and it shines through that she loves what she does! I would highly recommend her. :)

Sent on 06/28/2012
  • W

Scott · Married on 06/03/2012

Deborah was outstanding from start to finish. We felt like we were in loving, professional hands every step of the way. I highly recommend her services. You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 06/07/2012

Todd · Married on 04/28/2012

We cannot really say enough good things about Deborah. Coming from two different faiths, Deborah was integral in creating the perfect ceremony that acknowledged both religions while making it a special and unique ceremony for us. Unlike many other officiants, she made sure to get to know us individually and as a couple so she could personalize the ceremony.

Throughout the wedding and afterwards, we have had friends and family remark about what a beautiful and personal service we had. And it was all thanks to Deborah.

We completely recommend using Deborah for your wedding or any other ceremony where you want to make it special for everyone involved.

Sent on 06/14/2012

Martin · Married on 04/14/2012

Deborah Roth is a competent, warm, friendly, and spiritual professional. She helped make our wedding day special by learning a little bit about us and delivering a short homily that reflected who we were as individuals and partners. She also offered us numerous options which we would not have otherwise known about such was hand-fasting and parental recognition to make our service unique. I would recommend her with the highest regard to anyone seeking an officiant for their wedding.

Sent on 04/24/2012

Sara · Married on 01/09/2012

Planning our wedding in NYC from overseas was made so simple, due to Deborah's warm and accomodating service. Deborah made our ceremony so personal with her beautiful words and provided us with a professional unforgettable experience.

Sent on 08/28/2013

Danielle · Married on 10/15/2011

Deborah Roth was absolutely amazing. She exceeded our expectations. I love how we met with her and we got to know one another. Deborah helps you write your ceremony so it fits your personalities, she also advises you to write your own vows, in which at first my husband and I were very stressed out about, but after the ceremony we couldn't have been happier. Everyone at our wedding told us it was the most beautiful ceremony they've ever seen. We couldn't have been happier!!

Sent on 10/29/2011

Cerys · Married on 09/25/2011

Deborah was utterly wonderful in helping us plan and prepare for our special day. We had a small intimate ceremony and it was utterly perfect - we met with Deborah to discuss our thoughts and ideas and she had lovely suggestions for making the ceremony personal and intimate. She was also so great and flexible, taking any stress out of the planning and of the day itself.
    Thanks Deborah for making such a special day so spectacular!
    Cerys & Sol

Sent on 04/21/2012

Cerys · Married on 09/25/2011

Deborah officiated our wedding and was just wonderful. Meeting with her to prep for our ceremony she was so thoughtful and helped us customize our ceremony to be so personal and unique.

Sent on 06/29/2016

Sky · Married on 06/11/2011

The most valuable aspect of utilizing Deborah was her "get to know you" sit down that both my wife and myself dreaded and dismissed as trivial. However, an hour went by and I had never felt as connected to my then fiance as I did before. Although she had expressed her love countless times, it may have been the first time I truly felt it. Out loud we were looking for a simple by the book ceremony. However, Deborah's countless files which she draws upon to craft a unique experience opened our eyes to aspects of a ceremony that made it far from common place. Instead of going through the motions it will now always be that much more meaningful to us. We're extremely busy professionals and were planning the wedding on the fly so to have someone like Deborah swoop in , absorb what you want, spice it up and deliver a word document the next day where all we have to do is change a couple of names was a Godsend. We went to a wedding the week after ours and we were so impressed with ours in comparison we couldn't stop congratulating ourselves on our good decision. She was porfessional, on time, a good public speaker, excellent with communication and ultimately a good person. I would highly recommend her services.

Sent on 10/12/2011

Meagan · Married on 05/21/2011

My husband, Jeff, and I got married in NYC in May 2011. We were so lucky to find Deborah Roth through a friend of ours. As soon as we met her, we knew she was the officiant for us. Her presence, energy and spirituality was what drew us to her and was noticed (and appreciated!) by our guests. She worked with us to create the perfect ceremony for us -- which was a little untraditional and totally unique. We could not have been happier.

Sent on 10/07/2011

Gordon K. · Married on 04/23/2011

We have already had the opportunity to recommended Deborah to a friend. Deborah is very personable and makes you feel comfortable from the beginning. She took the stress away and helped us focus in on the happiness we were about to embark upon. I highly recommend Deborah!!

Sent on 10/23/2011

Claudia · Married on 04/16/2011

Stephen and I got married in April this year and we started working with Deborah at the beginning of this year. I got to know Deborah through the professional coaching circles, knew that she was an Interfaith Minister and loved to perform special ceremonies. Deborah for me was an obvious choice, yet, I had to make sure that my husband-to-be was also on board. Our experience from the first moment, we met with her could have not been better. We loved receiving our relationship assessment questionnaire. This was a great exercise. She asked us those important questions and personalized her ceremony according to our wishes. She gave us the freedom to choose our version of the ceremony based on different examples that she offered. She made it easy for us. Deborah is very professional and she just looks the part when it comes to performing the ceremony!

We heard a lot of compliments from our wedding guests about our ceremony. Thank you, Deborah!

Claudia & Stephen Nobel

Sent on 10/15/2011

David · Married on 03/31/2011

Deborah was absolutely fantastic to deal with, everything was handled in a professional manner, and the day was flawless. It felt as though we had known Deborah for years although we had only talked on the phone on a couple of occasions and exchanged email. She made us comfortable and had a great day that we and our guests will always remember. Deborah has amazing knack of instantly making you comfortable and relaxed, we could not ask for a better wedding officiant than Deborah

Sent on 01/12/2012

Darlene · Married on 11/07/2010

Deborah Roth helped make our wedding ceremony a truly unique and meaningful event. She is a generous, compassionate, and knowledgeable officiant, and guided us through the process as though we were her closest friends. Many of our guests commented on how beautiful the ceremony was, and we were able to make our personalities shine through thanks greatly to her support. In our meetings together, she asked just the right questions to understand us as individuals and a couple, and her calm, kind spirit made us feel comfortable from the minute we met her.

Sent on 10/16/2011

Susan · Married on 10/10/2009

Deborah made our wedding ceremony a deep, moving, and beautiful experience. We wrote it ourselves with an extensive menu of materials she provided. She facilitated the ceremony in a way that allowed a magical experience among all of us and our guests. We felt like we were in very experienced and caring hands.

Sent on 10/07/2011

Angela · Married on 09/05/2009

Deborah Roth married my husband and me just over 2 years ago. She has an amazing demeanor and her approach was so non-threatening. She held our hands through every step (including the nervousness around writing our own vows). Writing your own vows seemed overwhelming but Deborah was really easy to work with and put our minds at ease.

She was as much a part of our wedding day as anyone else. She made it light, fun and joyful which all wedding days should be. She well surpassed our expectations. We even referred my brother in law and recent sister in law to her to handle their wedding. I can’t say enough great things about Deborah.

Sent on 10/09/2011