Spinnin' Discs Reviews

265 | Schaumburg, IL

265 Reviews for Spinnin' Discs

I would highly recommend Ron and his team at Spinnin Discs to any bride and groom. They did a wonderful job of keeping our music moving along during the planning process, were more responsive than I could've ever asked for, handled little details the day of the wedding and kept our entire wedding dancing all night.

Their choice in music, ability to read the crowd and professional by far was one of the greatest experiences I've had with any vendor at our wedding, as well as any business encounter in my life. Cheer to Ron, his team, and a wonderful business.

I can not thank him and his team enough!

Sent on 07/09/2014

Jessie · Married on 03/22/2014

Working with Spinnin' Discs was one of the best and easiest parts of my wedding! Ron is by far the most nicest and easiest contact person from any company I have worked with. You e-mail him and he replies within 10 minutes-such excellent service! Anthony Zino was our DJ the night of the wedding and he was just perfect. Working with him prior to the wedding, he was very flexible and accommodating to our crazy schedule. The wedding night he was ontop of everything (and everyone) keeping everything on schedule! I would (and have) definitely recommend Spinnin' Discs to anyone getting married!! They are EXCELLENT!!

Sent on 04/10/2014

Sarah · Married on 03/07/2014

Clint was incredible. He was so helpful from the very beginning. Not pushy at all and a great value for what you get. Everyone at my wedding commented on how great of a job that he did. I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 03/15/2014

We loved Spinnin Discs and our DJ Chuck and they helped make our wedding memorable. They were accommodating with our schedules during the planning process and incredibly helpful with song suggestions. Plus ...very professional the day of the event with back up plans in place just in case. Best of all. ..they worked well with my other vendors and got people in the mood to dance. We highly recommend Ron and his team for your special day.
    Sincerely,
    Gary and Diana

Sent on 09/29/2014

Tammy · Married on 12/14/2013

Ron was amazing with his explanation of how his DJ's would assure our day was going to be how we wanted it. You do have to work hard on choosing your songs for the special day and fill in a computer profile, however it will make the evening error free.

Sent on 02/28/2014

Kara · Married on 11/29/2013

Spinnin' Discs is awesome and completely professional throughout the wedding planning process. It was absolutely effortless to work with the team.
    Also, we'd like to give special kudos to Anthony, I cannot tell you how many people came up us and said he was the best DJ they've ever heard. I think it's one of the more crucial roles in conducting a successful wedding reception and he nailed it. He truly made the night, everyone was dancing and loving the music.

Sent on 01/15/2014

Courtney · Married on 11/23/2013

I am so happy I chose spinnin discs. The dance floor was packed the WHOLE night, their communication was EXCELLENT and everything ran smoothly. Steve did a phenomenal job and we were so pleased with His time management! I would HIGHLY recommend them to everybody!

Sent on 12/07/2013

Candy · Married on 10/19/2013

We worked with Ron throughout the process. Ron is very attentative to our needs and worked with our requests and budget, and responds very promptly to emails. When we found out the week of our wedding our venue didn't have a projector for our slideshow, Ron responded quickly to our request in getting a projector for us. Tom, the DJ who worked our wedding was great as well. He is experienced and did a great job at our wedding. The online system spinnin discs have made it easy to guide us in planning the songs for our ceremony and reception. Great working with them!

Sent on 10/28/2013

Katie · Married on 10/19/2013

I'm sorry this is so late!! But I wanted to make sure I put this out there. I loved working with Ron - he was so accommodating and professional. Whenever I had a question, he answered right away. After a bit of back and forth to schedule my appointment (and it was b/c of me b/c of work) we finally sat down with our DJ Anthony. I seriously cannot express how truly amazing Anthony was through this review - he was awesome!!! We talked through the song lists: what we liked, what we didn't like, and then we gave him the freedom to have fun. I highly recommend that - he seemed totally in his element, and he had the dance floor moving all night long. Not only was he great with the music, he also checked in with me to make sure things were going okay. He made sure we were moving along so we could get through everything (we didnt have a wedding planner). Honestly, one of the best companies I worked with when planning my wedding. Highly recommend them and Anthony!! Book him if he's available.

Sent on 07/24/2015

Ron was fantastic and so great to work with. He was always willing to go above what was expected, which really allowed us to have a great experience. Chuck, our DJ was phenominal! Our dance floor was packed from the first dance all the way to the last dance. He did everything he could to make sure out reception ran smoothly, and was very professional! I would highly recommend Spinnin Discs!

Sent on 10/15/2013

Adam · Married on 10/12/2013

We loved working with Ron! He was such a joy to work with. Ron took a good amount of our DJ stress as a whole out of the equation. At every turn he had a solution to our situations. Ron also showed concern for the other aspect of our lives and sympathized with the whole wedding planning craziness. He had assigned Anthony to be our DJ. Anthony was also great. He was very open minded and fluid in his communications. He went out of his way to learn a German prost for the wedding. He also helped us along with out outline/ timeline, cause we were unsure how our order of events would flow through the night. We had songs we wanted to have played and he played them. He also played off the crowds energy and adjusted the mood to their reactions. Darn near everything went exactly according to plan. I would recommend them both whole heartily. Great overall experience

Sent on 10/23/2013
  • Aubrey

Aubrey · Married on 10/05/2013

This entire company is amazing. I worked with Ron, one of the owners, to plan out my event, and he was great. With everything going on, he kept me on top of what needed to get done and checked in with me often. He was extremely flexible, and even gave my fiance and I additional time with our song choices. I cannot stress enough how wonderful he was to work with throughout the months leading up to the wedding.

Steve was our DJ for our event, and he did an outstanding job. The cocktail hour and dinner music was not intrusive, yet still fun, and the variety of music he played throughout the night got almost everyone on the dance floor at some point. Steve also took any request I made of him on the fly and worked it into the rotation quickly. His attention to detail was impressive as well, as he checked in with me the morning of the event to double check some notes that he had in my file. Wonderful! My guests had a great time, and it was in large part to the hard work of Steve throughout the night.

Sent on 10/07/2013

Melissa · Married on 10/05/2013

Our DJ did a good job, kept everyone dancing. Clint helped us plan out our music in advance, then he took control during the reception - we never had to worry about a thing! We had confidence and had non-stop fun as all our guests did. At the end everyone was asking who the DJ was - it was just fun for all ages and we didn't want the dancing to end!

Sent on 04/18/2014
  • Jorie

Jorie · Married on 09/28/2013

By far the BEST vendor of my entire wedding. They were with me every step of the way. Always friendly. The music was great. They were AWESOME. I couldn't talk these guys up more!

Sent on 10/08/2013

Carol · Married on 09/14/2013

Spinnin' Discs was an awesome choice for a DJ! Ron was amazing to work with during the planning stage. He made us feel at ease, explained how everything would work and answered all of our questions. He held our hands (in a good way) throughout the whole process. And to top it off, they have an office in the city as well as in Schaumburg and are very flexible to meet at either. That was great for us since we work in the city but live in the suburbs! The DJ for our wedding, Chuck, was fantastic! He really listened to us and gave us the party that we wanted. He was very responsive to our needs, checked in often to make sure we knew what was going on or coming up and he made sure the music kept playing to keep everyone on the dance floor. He was great! I would definitely recommend Spinnin' Discs to anyone looking for a DJ!

Sent on 12/30/2013

Julianne · Married on 09/13/2013

I discovered Spinnin Discs at a bridal expo last year and one of the primary reasons I chose them, aside from their excellent reviews, was my brief initial conversation with Ron Hernandez. In a sea of expo wedding vendors, one can expect the cheesiest of cheesy 30 second sales pitches. For some reason, DJs are especially adept at the cheesy 30 second sales pitch.

When I spoke with Ron, he was the first wedding DJ vendor to speak to me like a normal human being. No gimmicks, no smoke & mirrors, just a smile and genuine conversation.

In the months leading up to our wedding, Ron was incredibly helpful. I was intimidated by the wedding planner website and thought the task to be daunting. Ron was kind and patient to walk me through the planner website over email and phone, a number of times. His communication was always prompt and extremely professional.

Our DJ was Clint and my husband believes him to be an angel. Both Clint and Ron were so helpful and reassuring when two weeks before our wedding we were still undecided about reception music choices. My husband and I have different tastes in music (him - classic rock, me - top 40 and pop), thus conversations around music were always drawn out. Clint helped blend both of our preferences in music for a fun night of dancing. At one point, before our ceremony, my husband stated he needed Chapstick. Clint heard him and returned to my husband with a brand new, unopened Chapstick, thus my angel remark. Clint was kind, professional, and so helpful with our reception music choices.

We've received so many compliments from our guests, young and old, on how much fun they had on the dance floor. Hire Spinnin' Discs and you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 10/03/2013

Sara · Married on 09/06/2013

We were referred to Spinnin Discs by friends who used them for their wedding. From the initial meeting we were very impressed with the level of professionalism and how thorough and attentive the owner and our DJ were. Their online database made planning super easy. At the wedding the dance floor was packed the entire time and everyone kept asking for a soundtrack because the music was great and just what we wanted. Everything went wonderful and we would 100% recommend them.

Sent on 09/08/2013

Katie · Married on 09/01/2013

Spinnin discs is AWESOME! From our first meeting with Ron to the night of our wedding with our DJ tony we were so impressed!!! Thanks to Tony our night went perfect!!! Our dance floor was packed the whole night and everyone had a BLAST! We would completely recommend this company to everyone!!

Sent on 09/05/2013

From the moment that we signed the DJ contract, Ron & Laura were AMAZING. With many tasks on board, the DJ was kind of pushed off to the side until closer to the day. They did a great job of giving us the info, asking if we have any questions, and letting us know that they are there for us in 'non-push'y manner-which I really appreciated. Ron is extremely responsive and a pleasure to work with. Wayde was our DJ and a perfect match for our wedding. The music was wonderful at our wedding. I truly could not have asked for anything more. They really were the easiest vendor to work with. Thank you so much!!

Sent on 09/04/2013

Mallory · Married on 08/24/2013

Our entire experience with Spinnin Discs was nothing but awesome. They were so easy to work with and a great price as far as wedding DJs go. We had our initial meeting with Laura, and a subsequent meeting to hash out details with Ron. Both were so nice and helped us figure out exactly what we would need. When we worried about time, they worked out a deal to make sure we weren't stressed about it. Throughout the process, if we had any questions, we would email them, and usually get a response back within a few hours (most of the time, it was even sooner). We were able to meet with our DJ and go through everything we wanted.
    They have you fill out planning sheets and a play/do not play list before hand, and go over it with you during a meeting.
    I highly recommend Tony as your DJ. He was fantastic. He played a good mix of oldies-but-goodies and new music, which is exactly what we wanted. If a song didn't work, he got out of it into a new song quickly. Everything we wanted played he played. On the day of our wedding, he acted as our mini wedding planner and when something wasn't on time, he told us a couple ways we could change our plan so that no one would notice. He really did an amazing job.

Sent on 09/14/2013

Cheryl · Married on 08/10/2013

I was in contact with Ron for introduction, contract, questions, etc. He was very attentive, knew what he was talking about, and always answered our emails very fast. Spinnin' Discs likes to stay updated with their clients so if they had a question for us to make sure they had all the information they needed to serve us well, they would not hesitate to ask.
    We had Skyler as our DJ for our wedding reception. We got to meet him in person a couple of weeks before the wedding. He questioned and reviewed song choices, introduction speeches, etc with us to make sure we would get what we wanted. He had suggestions when we were unaware of songs to choose. On our famous day, he was on time, ready before the cocktail started, discrete, very friendly, and kindly did what we had asked him to do and not to do.
    I do not have a single regret of choosing Spinnin' Discs as the company responsible for our music and am thankful that Skyler was chosen to be our DJ for the night. I sure would recommend him to my friends.

Sent on 08/20/2013

Kat · Married on 07/19/2013

I started working with Ron who I immediate felt confident and comfortable with. He was ver professional and responded quickly to any questions I had. I planned a wedding from overseas which should have been difficult but Ron made the process much easier including last minute changes I had. My DJ was Chuck who I was able to meet with a couple of times before the event including once over skype which was super accomodating. He was able to capture exactly what my husband and I wanted for the music and more. He played to the crowd just as I had asked and people were dancing the entire night including family members. He also made the whole night run smoothly and I didn't need to worry about a thing. Overall this company is GREAT!!! Its a good value with talented people who care about your event as much as you do.

Sent on 07/25/2013

Julie · Married on 07/06/2013

By far DJ Rick and Spinnin Discs was my favorite vendor to work with and was the best value. Rick did a fantastic job with my wedding, reacting to a crowd of various music styles (young American and Polish guests, older Polish guests) and mixed between our requests flawlessly. He was able to meet our needs for wedding party intro songs and did a good job shortening songs for the first dances.

Well worth the price, which is reasonable too. I used their photo booth company as well and I was not disappointed, the guests liked it to much that there was a line all night to try and get more pictures!

Sent on 07/29/2013
  • Matt

Matt · Married on 06/29/2013

From the beginning Ron and Laura were fantastic. They respond so quickly to emails and are so wonderful to work with. Keith was our DJ and he was great. Some things came up during the reception and he was able to adapt so easily. He always read the crowd and seamlessly transitioned between songs. He made the wedding a ton of fun and the dance floor was always full.

Sent on 07/01/2013

For our DJ we chose to go with the company Spinnin' Discs. This company is absolutely amazing! Laura and Ron were so helpful and flexible throughout the entire process. Our DJ for our wedding, Wayde was incredible. He kept the party going the entire night. We had a blast at our wedding. Our guests continued to talk about the song selection and how great the night was.

Sent on 07/07/2013