Spinn Doctors Reviews

26 | Milwaukee, WI

26 Reviews for Spinn Doctors

26 Spinn Doctors Reviews
  • User5202901 · 1+ year ago

Everything was incredibly easy with them and went so smoothly. Music was great and got everyone dancing, even those picky relatives!

Sent on 03/04/2017

Spinn Doctors's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind word, we're glad it was everything you wanted.

Hillary · Married on 10/22/2016

Overall we were very pleased with the services offered by the SpinnDoctors. They were responsive and we got some good feedback from our guests after the wedding. While we were surprised by a couple of the musical selections that were played later into the night, the songs were overall appropriate and fit what we had discussed going into the wedding.

Jane · Married on 09/23/2016

Spinn Doctors are incredibly professional. They brought unique and creative ideas to the table while also respecting the overall tone we wanted to keep for our night. The dance floor was packed all night long!!! Months later and our guests are still talking about how great the music was at our wedding. Spinn Doctors made the entire planning process completely painless and stress free.

Sent on 02/02/2017

Spinn Doctors's reply:

Thank you Jane, it was great to be a part of such a long love story.

Meagan · Married on 09/10/2016

Rob was our DJ and he was incredibly professional, flexible and threw a great party! He also was pretty much open to anything we requested! I would recommend spinn doctors to anyone looking for a dj for their wedding!

Jill · Married on 08/27/2016

They were with us every step of the way. Great communication. Professional demeanor. MC'd the whole reception. It was flawless. We also used them for "Day Of Coordination". I would recommend them for both services to any couple!

Sent on 12/14/2016

Spinn Doctors's reply:

Thanks so much for having us that day, we loved being part of a day with so many cool unique things!

Amanda · Married on 07/02/2016

Robb was incredibly thoughtful and charismatic at our reception. He hand picked beautiful music for every portion of our reception based on some suggestions of genre and style. The whole evening was very fun and the games were well enjoyed. We had a magical evening and or DJ services were one of the best parts. Thank you so much Spinn Doctors!

Luke · Married on 06/11/2016

Highly recommended. Very easy to work with and can customize the music to virtually anything you want.

Ray · Married on 04/23/2016

Excellent service. Above and beyond my expectations. Went out of the way to make both my ceremony and the entire day's events a total success. I would highly recommend the service to anyone looking for a way to put together the the entertainment portion of any event. Thanks for making the music and fun such a success...

Sent on 12/14/2016

Spinn Doctors's reply:

Thanks Ray, being part of a love story so long in the making was a great way to kick off our wedding season in 2016. Plus you played a mean guitar!

Robby was our DJ from Spinn Doctors for our wedding and he was simply amazing.. Not only did he do a wonderful job with music, he was also just a great help on our special day. We had a time delay and he was so helpful figuring out what we should do or change to make everything go as smoothly as possibly, his suggestions were wonderful. At one point in the night he even offered to get me a refill on my drink because he saw I was busy. There are not enough stars to give him for the job he did! USE Spinn Doctors and ask for Robby you will not be disappointed !!

Brian · Married on 09/27/2014

Robb was great the entire time. He was very helpful even before the wedding started! We knew we wanted Robb, so we booked him before we had our venue and he was great in giving us the inside scoop on the places around Milwaukee. It was very easy to put a few songs we needed to hear on his song list and he did the rest. He met us as soon as we pulled up to the reception hall, welcomed us, and showed us right to the food and drink. He was a great DJ and MC for the night. He kept the flow of the night moving and everything ran smoothly. The music he played was fantastic. He played from the cocktail hour, through dinner, then the reception itself. We have had so many compliments on him because the dance floor was packed the whole time. There was never a time it wasn't full. We would highly recommend Robb and Spinn Doctors to anyone looking for a DJ and a good time!

Mike · Married on 03/01/2014

Robb was the DJ at our wedding and did an awesome job. He was probably the most organized person at the pre-set up meeting and took all our requests. Because of his presence in the Milwaukee area, it was fun to hear people comment to us who recognized our DJ and were almost a little star-struck that he was the DJ at our wedding.

Sent on 03/13/2014

Spinn Doctors's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, I'm so glad I got to be a part of your special and unique celebration. Also thank you for seating me with your funniest cousins at dinner.

Tim · Married on 08/24/2013

Robb was simply fantastic. He made our ceremony fun, exciting, personal, and was beyond professional the entire evening. He was available for changes to be made at a moment's notice for weeks before the event, was EARLY to set-up, and stayed a few minutes late to ensure that our wedding was perfect. I'd recommend Robb with No HESITATION. He was great!

Amanda · Married on 07/06/2013

Spin Doctors did a fantastic job at my wedding reception! We had a small gathering at a park on a Saturday afternoon, and Robb did a great job making the music fit the venue and my personality. I didn't feel the need to give him a specific playlist, and he did a great job choosing songs that got people moving, singing along and having fun. We truly got the perfect soundtrack to our wedding!

Michele · Married on 11/16/2012

Robbie and his team were great. They can find pretty much any song you want for any occasion. We did a combination of dj/karaoke during our wedding, and they were more than willing and able to accommodate. They also have some great lighting setups that you can use for the venue, which definitely helped - we didn't have to bring in another vendor to deal with that.

Mike · Married on 11/03/2012

Our dj, Robb did an awesome job! He played all the songs we wanted, kept all the kids entertained and made all of the adults laugh through the whole night. Our grand march went off without a hitch and it couldn't have been better. He was set up before we got there and did not stop being entertaining the whole night through!

Eric · Married on 09/15/2012

Fantastic service! They will listen to your wishes and do not try to push unnecessary things on you. Sound quality is excellent, song selection is stellar, DJ was incredibly friendly and genuinely cared about making our day special. I could not rave about Spinn Doctors more!

Jeff · Married on 08/11/2012

Spinndoctors did a wonderful job with our reception. The dj they provided was up to date on all the new music, but responsive enough to respond to our eclectic requests. I would strongly reckoned them for your event.

Roxanne · Married on 07/28/2012

Robby is AWESOME! Book this DJ, you will be VERY glad you did!!

Lauren · Married on 06/09/2012

We hired Spinn Doctors for our June wedding. We have worked with Spinn Doctors in the past, and were always satisfied with their services, professionalism, and the great times they help make happen. We met with Spinn Doctors in advance to go over all of our wedding details. Every last question was answered, and our minds were put to ease. Everything about our DJ was perfect on our wedding day. Our guests had a great time, and so did our wedding party! If you are looking for a great wedding DJ, I would recommend Spinn Doctors!

This vendor is very easy to work with. They listen to and accomodate your requests. They play a variety of great music and make sure to keep the dance floor alive.I would highly recommend them!

Phillip · Married on 05/07/2011

Spinndoctors made our wedding! They customized the playlist for dinner to our request, and made sure to keep the party going throughout the night. They even saved our picture slideshow, by looping the music playlist when they realized the music we had pre-recorded wasn't going to run long enough to last the entire slideshow. We didn't even have to ask, as an experienced DJ service they knew just what to do. The sign of a great DJ is looking out and seeing a full dance floor. I highly recommend their services. It should be the easiest decision you make for your wedding! Don't take a risk by considering anyone else!

-Phillip H.

Ruth · Married on 04/22/2006

Robb Ellicson at Spinn Doctors provided amazing entertainment for my wedding. My pianist was running (very) late and Robb kept music softly going in the background to bridge the gap. He also worked with us before the event to determine our favorite songs/genres that we wanted to be played at the reception. I loved the customization of the music that he was able to provide during the event. He engaged well with us as well as the audience and monitored the dancefloor to make sure that attendees were enjoying the music selections. Robb was a delight to work with and I would highly recommend Spinn Doctors for any event.

Amanda · Married on 08/20/2016

Great value for the service provided. Very happy with our wedding reception music. Robyn listened to what our crowd wanted and kept everyone happy and dancing.

Kirsten · Married on 09/26/2015

Robbie was very attentive to our music interests, and did a great job sticking to our playlist. He also was receptive to the genre that the crowd was enjoying and went off of that. My husband and I, and our guests danced the night away! The uplighting and spot lights also provided a special touch.

Jennifer · Married on 05/10/2008

2.4
      1.0
      2.0
      3.0

I searched high and low for a dj because I was concerned with the acoustics of our room. I met with Robbie and he assured us that he had experience at the Grain Exchange and it would sound great. During dinner there were times when music was not being played, the speeches sounded horrible and when it came to music selection I feel that he did the exact opposite of what we had talked about. I told him that I really didn't want to play the cliche wedding songs unless they were highly requested. He assured me that he didn't like to sound like every other wedding. Well, he opened up our dance floor with "We are Family." I also don't think that he was very good at working the crowd. I would not recommend working with him. There are a lot of djs out there.

Sent on 08/23/2008

Spinn Doctors's reply:

As always our goal is provide the best services possible, and we are saddened by this review. We don't feel that it truly reflects the entire situation. First of all the bride specifically requested Robby as their DJ of choice after experiencing his work and see him work with the crowd,on her company's corporate event on which she was the events coordinator. Secondly we are very very familiar with the Grain Exchange and gave her the same disclosure that we give to anyone who hires us to work there - the acoustics of the space are extremely difficult to work with because in the rooms original design it was built as non amplified auction with the sound based at the center of the room setting up sound on the side of the room ( which is the norm for a wedding of course) creates a very unique echo that makes speeches etc very difficult to hear and understand in quite a few spots in the room, in fact in the time since this weeding the Grain Exchange itself has installed it's own specially designed sound system for toasts/speeches because of the of the issue. Regarding music in the space it can be directed at the dance floor itself where it is very danceable though it still sound kind of wonky in the areas where the bar(s) are typically set up. Regarding our play list we do admit to playing We are Family ( by guest request) though not as the first song ( the first song after the first dance and wedding party dances was Shake your Groove Thing ) , also the only song on their do not play list was Life is a Highway by Rascal Flatts. The bride also failed to mention that we built a specific prop ( a kissing wheel ) at their request, for no additional charge for their event. All this being said while we don't view this as a fair review, we are very sorry that someone was unsatisfied with our work. We do stand on the fact that after 19 years in business and thousands of weddings and other events that this is the only negative response to our wedding services.