Spin the Dial Productions Reviews

Spin the Dial Productions 4
Spin the Dial Productions 5
Spin the Dial Productions 6

Camille · Married on 11/07/2014

Robert is without a doubt a true artist. He filmed our wedding video and was able to capture a myriad of small and big moments throughout the day and weave them into a magical and romantic story. His style and skill are unlike any other videographer we have seen and we knew as soon as we watched one of his videos that he was the one we wanted to film our special day. Robert is extremely kind, patient, unobtrusive, and an absolute pleasure to have around. He managed to incite excitement and glee while also having a calming presence. Furthermore, we received our wedding video after less than one week and could not be happier with the final product. It manages to make us smile, laugh, and cry repeatedly over the span of 17 minutes and we've watched it every day over the past week. Everything from the shots he captured to the unique style of editing to the perfectly matched music is beautifully done and we'll be sure to enjoy it for years to come. We highly recommend him to anyone looking for a truly exceptional videographer.

Sent on 11/20/2014

Jane · Married on 10/18/2014

I am an event and wedding designer who got married last month... I first met Robert through a previous wedding client in 2012 and enjoyed working with him on the vendor's side of things because he was prompt, kind, and hard-working. After seeing that client's fantastically romantic edited video, I have been highly recommending him to all my clients and have had the pleasure of working with him on a few additional weddings. He has only gotten better, more professional, and I'm so happy his business is successfully growing. As soon as I got engaged, my husband and I knew that he was the ONLY option for our videographer.

The quality and amount of footage he captures is truly amazing, especially considering he completely melds into the backdrop of your wedding and never interrupts the flow of the day! (I've worked on weddings in the past, where the videographer will be so up in the bride and groom's space that they almost take center stage and demand attention by their presence. This can be distracting and kind of frustrating.)

Robert puts together a beautifully edited film within a few weeks (and sometimes a few DAYS) after your wedding! In our case, we received the edited version in less than one week after the wedding. My husband and I watched it on our honeymoon, almost daily and it continues to make us soo soo happy.

I can not recommend Robert enough, nor say enough nice stuff about him and his work. Not only is he extremely kind, thoughtful and accommodating, but he is able to create the most ethereal, beautiful and poignant short films that perfectly capture your special day.

Sent on 11/13/2014
  • User4520558 · 2+ years ago

The wedding video was one of the most important things for me. I researched over 60 videographers, watched countless videos, and Robert Nachman was hands down my favorite. He captured the emotions of the day and puts the video together in such a beautiful and meaningful way. All the other videographers seemed to follow the same formula, but I was drawn to Robert’s artistic and heartfelt style. He is able to tell an incredibly touching story that’s visually (and musically!) beautiful. Robert is better than the most expensive videographers and his films have so much heart.

We feel so incredibly lucky that we got to work with Robert and Candice, but are even more grateful that they were able to play such a big part in our day. Their presence was so helpful. When random wedding things were going wrong the day of, their kind words and calm demeanor help immensely. They are so sweet and we loved getting to them through this whole process. It felt like we had friends there.

We were BLOWN AWAY by our video. We love it so much! We laughed, we cried, and we loved reliving every second through his point of view. Living it was surreal, but getting to see it this way was just so special. I already knew it would be amazing, but it far surpassed anything I could have hoped for. Every image, transition, song, lighting, angle, emotion – everything was just perfect. He captured us, our love, and every intimate and beautiful moment of the best day of our lives. There was so much care put into it. We feel so lucky that we get this beautiful film to watch forever!

After seeing how much footage he shot (once we received the raw footage), I’m even MORE amazed about how he was able to sift through so much and find the perfect treasures hidden amongst everything he shot and put it all together to tell our story so beautifully. And do it so quickly! He got us our video in 2 weeks!

We loved working with Robert & Candice and are IN LOVE with our video. Best decision ever!

Sent on 11/02/2014

Elva · Married on 10/03/2014

Choosing Robert was the BEST decision we made for our wedding! He was absolutely great to work with. We got married in LA but live a few hours away, so we actually didn't meet him until our reception! Crazy... but true! We just kept in contact via email. He was very quick to respond to my emails. Also, he really seemed like he wasn't even there! There was never a time when we felt like cameras were in our faces. We felt very comfortable with him around.

We LOVE our video. We find ourselves watching it over and over again from time to time just to be able to relive our awesome day. He managed to capture our essence.

Sent on 11/06/2014

Paula · Married on 09/28/2014

The first time I looked at Robert's work, I knew I wanted him to be the videographer for our wedding. As I watched the films posted on his website, I was so moved. His work struck an emotional cord for me every time.
    Aside from his wonderful talent, Robert is a dream to work with. He is warm, kind hearted, easy to be around, and very responsive. Anytime I had a question via email, not 1 day went by that he didn't answer me. That really put me at ease with the whole process.
    My husband and I adore the love story film and our wedding film Robert made for us. I hope to have Robert film other special events for us in the future. I will definitely recommend Robert anytime someone asks for a great videographer.

Sent on 10/29/2014

Poolak · Married on 09/13/2014

Robert and Candice were amazing to work with. So kind and gracious, although half the time I didn't know they were there- and that's how they captured the most magical moments. Here is my email to Robert:
    Robert,

You are so sweet!! You two were both so wonderful, we were lucky to find you.

I LOVE the video. It was beautiful. And artistic. And perfect.

Everyone I shared it with wrote me back that it made them cry. And it made me cry. And one day maybe it'll make my kids cry. And it'll be because of you and Candice :)

Can't wait to see the rest

Thank you so much!
    Poolak

Sent on 10/02/2014

I spent months looking around for a videographer whose work went outside of a cliched formula and whose aesthetic both me and my now-husband responded to. This is LA. How could it be so difficult to find someone who's talented, creative and cool? But it is. Robert Nachman Films was a gem I stumbled upon and it was a godsend!

What first sucked me in was their work, what really piqued my interest was their pricing, but the lock and key came with how responsive and on it Robert was and how cool he seemed during our first meeting. You can tell from his work, he's not a jaded filmmaker out to make a buck by exploiting desperate couples. He and Candice are truly talented and awesome people who want to help capture the best moments of one of the most important days of your life.

He responded quickly and kindly to every email, was considerate of any pre-wedding need we had, and turned around an INCREDIBLE edit of our wedding in a week! When we asked for a few changes to be made, he didn't hesitate to do whatever we desired to make the film more to our liking. And, best of all, having him and Candice there on our wedding day felt like two more friends to be included in their revelry as opposed to paparazzi invading our space for a shot.

Their musical choices are stellar, they found shots we never could have dreamed of, and they captured the spirit of our wedding in a way we will treasure for the rest of our lives.

You couldn't ask for anything better! We adore Robert Nachman Films! Book them book them book them!!!!

Sent on 09/04/2014

Aurora · Married on 08/03/2014

Robert and Candice are by far the best!!!! John (my husband) and I were on the fence about a videographer, and after looking around, I came across Robert's website. His work is absolutely amazing! I showed it to my husband and won him over with it. A friend of mine was also on the fence about it hiring a videographer, as she was getting married two (2) weeks after me at the same venue too... but she also was convinced after seeing his work. John and I didn't meet him until the wedding, but he was very quick at responding to any questions we had over phone or email. The day of the wedding, him and Candice arrived a bit early to scope out the venue. They were a complete delight to work with; they quickly became friends of ours. The footage they shot, was completely amazing. Less than two (2) weeks after our wedding, we received our 8 minute highlight video. Which has left me speechless (and brings me and all of my family and friends to tears of joy every single time its watched). They were able to catch all of the love and happiness of that day. For any of you who are on the fence in hiring a videographer, please don't think twice, and DO IT. The professionalism and dedication that Robert put towards our video is truly amazing and I am so happy that I found him and made him part of our wedding day!

Sent on 01/21/2015

Stacy · Married on 07/05/2014

Choosing Robert was the best decision we made. He captured every moment we wanted (and those we missed) from the perfect angles, and edited them in the most beautiful, cinematic way. The songs he chose were perfect. He was so great to work with, incredibly reasonably priced for his skill and taste level, and we had our long and short versions edited within the week of our wedding. He was professional, friendly, stealth, and our experience with him was flawless.

Sent on 08/24/2014

Athena · Married on 06/20/2014

Brass Tax...This IS The Videographer You Want For Your Wedding!!!

Originally (and stupidly) my husband and I were not going to hire a videographer. We had gone to other weddings where the photo/videographers seemed to swarm the couples in an almost paparazzi fashion which had made us uncomfortable with the whole idea. Luckily, shortly before our own, we attended the wedding of two friends who had hired Robert. Just two weeks later we were already watching a spectacular edit of their wedding. What really sealed the deal for us though was that the bride said he was so unobtrusive that he had captured moments in which she didn’t he even realize he was there! Thank the gods we wised up in time to hire Robert (AKA The Ghost) Nachman for our big day!!!

Robert not only has a package to suit every bride and groom’s budget, but also does a superb job of capturing the most intimate and lovely moments of each wedding he shoots, whilst truly living up to his nickname of “The Ghost”. The most astonishing aspect of his style was that in the moments where I was aware of his presence he did wonders boosting my confidence and making me feel at ease. Our friends and family who were unable to attend said they felt like they had been there after viewing his edit of our wedding and even those who were there were elated to see the moments they had missed...everyone said they cried. Robert was a dream to work with and did a beautiful job filming our wedding. I’d contend that our edit was just as, if not more so, romantic as The Notebook! My husband and I feel so fortunate to have met and worked him.

Bottom line, what “they” say is true, your wedding day goes by (sadly) in a flash! We are so happy and lucky that we get to relive the best day of our lives (thus far) over and over again and can’t wait to someday show our kids! Do yourself a favor and hire this man straight away, I guarantee you’ll thank yourselves later!!!!

Sent on 07/08/2014

Heather · Married on 05/24/2014

Robert was an incredible videographer. I can't say enough about his work. He's affordable, professional, and efficient. Best decision I made regarding vendors for my wedding. I will recommend him to everyone and use his services again. He is amazing!

Sent on 06/08/2014
  • User3206355 · 2+ years ago

We hired Robert to film "Our Love Story" (our engagement video which we showed at our wedding) and to document our big day, comprising it into our wedding film. I cannot express how much my husband and I loved working with him! Robert is so professional, personable, and easy to work with. For our engagement video, he did an amazing job of capturing us, as a couple, and his imaginative editing really told our story beautifully; all of our wedding guests were amazed. On our wedding day, he and his partner, Candice, did such an amazing job of unobtrusively capturing all of our special moments throughout the day. Our wedding film was completed in less than two weeks after wedding, and we were blown away by the results. It truly was mini-film starring us, on our wedding day. It was not only beautifully and professionally shot, it was captivating to watch. We've even joked about how we wished Robert could film all our major life events; he made it seem so interesting and did a magnificent job of capturing the raw emotion of the day. My husband and I are so pleased, we wouldn't hesitate to recommend and encourage the use of his services to anyone wanting to have a truly unique, lasting memory for the best day of their lives. To top it off, his pricing was worth every penny. It was the best investment we made for our wedding.

Sent on 05/26/2014

I booked Robert last minute as my sister told me she wanted to get me videography for my wedding present and he was very willing to work with this request! I booked his 5 hour package and had him come a little early to my ceremony and stay for most of my reception, and he ended up staying late an extra hour for the cake cutting and dance as everything kind of got pushed back. I barely even noticed he was there! He sent us his 9 minute video clip only days after our wedding while we were still on our honeymoon and we still can't stop watching it! Without me even telling him he was able to capture the parts of my wedding that were most special to me, the voices of the most important people and intermix beautiful music into the clip to tie it all together. I'm not very creative by any means so I left it all up to him and it was perfect. Definitely delivered exactly what his website and former videos show and he has a special talent of being able to see the things within your wedding that are special to you and portray it in his short clip video. Can't wait to see the whole DVD of the whole wedding! Will definitely refer him and all of his services to my friends and family. In addition, I looked around A LOT in the Los Angeles area and his rates can't be beat!!

Sent on 11/01/2013

Sari · Married on 09/21/2013

Robert was such a pleasure to work with! I feel so lucky that I found him. We weren't quite sure about having a videographer, however after seeing Robert's work we knew we had to have our big day documented. We loved his style. His work didn't feel like your typical wedding video. It had so much personality, style and was very modern. He created a 9 minute short for us that highlighted our favorite moments. I have watched it 100 times! The music he chose was perfect. The best part was the short was online so I could send it to my family friends. Everyone was extremely impressed. He truly captured the energy and essence of our wedding! He is so professional to work with and always on time. We got our 9 minute short in 2 weeks! I highly recommend Robert!!

Sent on 03/04/2014

Crystal · Married on 08/04/2013

Robert is just the most amazing person to work with! He was so professional from beginning to end, and I am so pleased with our wedding videos. Not to mention that he is just so sweet and kind!! Our wedding had a million things going on, with little events popping up right after another, and he successfully captured everything flawlessly. You can find the wedding trailer he made for us on his website!

Sent on 09/15/2013

Spin the Dial Productions's reply:

Crystal, thank you so much for the review :) It was wonderful filming your and Daniel's wedding, hoping things are going well in graduate school. Please stay in touch :)

Robert

Charlotte · Married on 05/25/2013

Robert did the videography for our wedding and I would highly recommend him.

1. He was excellent at communication and very easy to email back and forth with, which was not the case for all of our wedding vendors.

2. The trailer that he did for us was wonderful, fun and exactly what we wanted to have to share with friends. He clearly has an artistic eye and got wonderful footage and put it together really well.

3. All of our guests who interacted with Robert commented on how kind and professional he was, which is really important when you are having someone at a personal event.

As someone who spent hours looking for reasonably priced photography for my wedding, I have a good idea of what can be gotten in LA for given price ranges and can definitely say that you aren't going to find the quality level his work is at anywhere near his price (aka book now :)). I am really glad we took a chance with someone newer.

Sent on 05/31/2013

s · Married on 04/15/2017

We were looking for a videographer who 1) had a great eye and made beautiful, authentic, non-cheesy or sappy videos, 2) was willing to really listen to us and respond to our needs, 3) would not take away from our presence and enjoyment of our own wedding. Candice was all three and then some! She was so inconspicuous that I actually forgot she was there, and yet she still somehow managed to capture beautiful and intimate moments. She was extremely professional and responsive, and her own enjoyment of our celebration translated into the video. We are so thankful that we will be able to relive this moment for years to come! Thank you Candice!

Sent on 05/23/2017