Spilled Ink Press Reviews

15 | Chicago, IL

15 Reviews for Spilled Ink Press

15 Spilled Ink Press Reviews

Our invitations came out beautifully. Invitations were important to us as we felt that it set the tone for the wedding. Amanda listened and executed perfectly. She was extremely responsive with us and could not have done a better job! Thank you Spilled Ink!

Eric · Married on 07/23/2016

Spilled Ink provided us with very unique invitations, and worked with us to develop exactly what we were looking for. We used Spilled Ink for both our save the dates, our invitations and items for our reception such as table identifiers and namecards. We really couldn't have asked for better work, and I recommend that anyone in the market set up an interview!

• Kim

Kim · Married on 11/08/2014

Amanda was great and very accommodating! Our invitations were beautiful!

nicole · Married on 03/22/2014

I had my invitations and favor stickers done with Amanda and she was fantastic! She really listened to what i wanted and made it happen. Everyone loved my invitations! I also had the favor stickers done here and when there was an error, she actually fixed it and dropped them off at my house. That kind of customer service is hard to find!!

Amanda created the perfect invitations, guestbook, and menu cards for our wedding at an amazing price. She had great ideas and worked with us to hone our initial thoughts and get them on paper. We compared other vendors and they did not come close to having the same personal touch, creativity, and value as Amanda delivered. Thank you very much, Amanda!

Elizabeth · Married on 09/01/2013

I wanted something creative that would set the tone for our wedding, something that would showcase our personalities. Amanda pulled out all the bells and whistles you might say, and her skill is worth every penny. I feel like our invitations were works of art and our guests gave us so many compliments.

Elizabeth · Married on 09/28/2012

Absolutely beautiful Invitations! Amanda was such a great help in helping me select our invitations.
    Great responsiveness in having them ready very quickly for us in order to mail them out on time!
    All our guests loved them and thought they reflected us and were very unique and different :-)

Sent on 11/25/2012

Spilled Ink Press's reply:

Thank you Elizabeth! It was a pleasure working with you! :)

Sarah · Married on 06/09/2012

Amanda and her husband at spilled ink press were some of my favorite people I interacted with during the planning of my wedding. They are so talented, creative, and sincere that it made me want to come up with more ways to utilize them. Amanda designed our invitations, ceremony programs, table numbers, hotel info cards, and we will be having our thank you cards through her too.

It got to the point that I didnt even have her run the creative past us because I was 100% positive that I would be so thrilled with what she created. I will absolutely use Spilled Ink Press in the future for any creative/paper needs I may come across. I whole heartedly recommend using them to help create awesome and unique invites, programs, etc. They're awesome!!

• I

Irene · Married on 11/11/2011

We had the most gorgeous invites ever, thanks to this wonderful company! They were a custom, bilingual (english/chinese) invite with a pocket and belly band. I don't know how, but Amanda found these gorgeous dragon/Phoenix pictures for the invites. She is super talented, organized, and inventive. I went to several invitation companies in Chicago, and for the same quaity of work, they were charging 2-3 time the price. I don't think it is necessary to go somewhere with a storefront, as that just increases costs. I almost want to have another wedding, just so I can use them again. They also did menus for my wedding which were gorgeous as well.

• F

Jill · Married on 07/09/2011

Working with Amanda was awesome. She really listened to our ideas and ran with them. Everyone commented on how unique our invitations were and how much they liked the accordion style we chose. She is extremely talented and easy to work with. The fact that she can print the addresses on the envelopes for you is a huge plus. Whether you have a very specific idea of what you'd like or just a vague concept, Amanda can help you create a beautiful invitation!

Natalie · Married on 05/21/2011

Spilled Ink Press provided our beautiful & one-of-a-kind invitations & programs. They will do anything to fit your theme, & each design is made just for you! Great to work with!

Natalie · Married on 05/30/2009

My invitations were great! It was really fun to work with Amanda to create an invitation that was personal and completely "us". My invitations were so unique. Nobody had seen a pocket invitation quite like that before. We also had table numbers, programs, menus and thank you cards made. All look great!

Nathan · Married on 09/11/2010

If I could rate the Value for Cost higher than 5/5 I would. Absolutely awesome, customized invitations at a fraction of the prices we saw almost everywhere else. We were late deciding on invitations simply because we couldn't find any designs we were comfortable with at a resonable price. Luckily, we were referred to Amanda who creates completely unique invitations for each couple at budget friendly prices, and we were able to get our invitiations out within 10 days of our first meeting. Since she does the design work and printing in-house, the turnaround time is much faster with less incremental costs. We received tons of compliments on our invitations, programs, and menus, and have had several brides-to-be inquire about Spilled Ink. Amanda is easy going, down to earth, and great at what she does.

Rachel · Married on 04/06/2014

[note: full review on Yelp]

We recently had the pleasure of working with Spilled Ink Press (SIP) for our wedding and cannot recommend them highly enough! SIP designed and printed our invitations, including response cards, inserts, and envelopes, as well as programs, escort cards, table numbers, and thank you notes.

We had an extremely tight timeline when we initially met with Amanda - barely a month before we needed invitations in hand - and she did not shy away from taking on the project. Instead she was eager to get to work. She was willing to meet with us late in the evening, even on a weekend, to get our initial design ideas on the table.

We knew our tight schedule wouldn't allow for major revisions, so we were very relieved when the first draft unified all our seemingly disparate ideas into a cohesive design that needed only minor edits. SIP got the invitations printed and assembled beautifully and Amanda even personally brought the finished products to our house so that we could get them mailed on time.

Going into this process we thought that custom designed invitations might carry a significant premium and take much more time than we had, and weren’t sure if it would be worth it for us. But SIP proved its value by creating a design that was both unique and reflective of our personalities, sensibilities, and the aesthetic of our event. And add in the day-of materials like programs, and the guest experience, from invitation to wedding day, was linked together graphically.

Working with Amanda did have its stressful moments. She is a down-to-the-wire creative type, so that combined with the other challenges we faced caused more than a few anxious moments. But considering the constraints that we had and the amount of work product to create, it is clear that Amanda and Tony went far above and beyond the normal call of duty. We would not hesitate to use them again, and offer our highest recommendation.

• meganandmike2010

Megan · Married on 08/28/2010

3.0

Amanda is so very talented and creative. She made our invitations, programs, and thank yous and did an incredible job creating our very own theme for all of them. Her prices are beyond reasonable and she is a joy to work with. If you are looking for personalized and non-traditional wedding stationary she is certainly your lady!! Responsiveness/communication was the only area we thought could be proved upon. There were a couple times we were a little concerned about timing but she absolutely came through in the end and even drove down to our condo and dropped off the programs which we more than appreciated.