Spielmans Reviews

27 | Cedar Rapids, IA

27 Reviews for Spielmans

27 Spielmans Reviews

Kaelyn · Married on 10/07/2017

We used Spielmans as our wedding vendor. They were a great company to work with. Erin Martin is amazing! She can envision almost anything you are thinking and make it come to life. We will go to them for every event we have in the future! They have almost every color of linen and the table décor is all beautiful and in great condition. Thank you so much Spielmans!!

April · Married on 10/15/2016

Great selection of products and very good at communicating with questions. Also, there's great flexibility in changing the number of items needed. Very timely with their setup and take-down services as well. Price was awesome, as well!

Robert & Kasee · Married on 09/24/2016

We chose Spielman's and specifically Erin Martin via Yelp reviews. From the moment we started planning, Erin worked hard to understand our vision. Erin not only listened to every idea we had but also offered alternatives and other ideas. She is extremely knowledgeable and an amazing resource to anyone planning a wedding. Not only is she thorough in her preparation and understanding but her execution was flawless even on an extremely large scale. She is friendly, accessible, and has a wide and deep grasp for what needs to be done and how to manage a project. We would use Erin at Spielman's every time.

Elizabeth · Married on 09/08/2012

I rented my place settings and some linens from Speilman's and the whole experience was great! At first I was seriously considering paper plates but after talking to Speilman's and realizing how afforable their rental prices were I changed my mind. Keep in mind that if you want to decrease the items in your order you have to do it more than 30 days before your wedding otherwise you still pay the same amount! They will deliver and pickup the rentals but I recommend doing it yourself (or deligating) to save some money. Staff was very professional and helpful everytime I needed to make a change!

sandee · Married on 06/05/2010

Kara is the girl that helped me at Spielmans, she was amazing. I was going into this wedding planning thing having no idea what I wanted or how to go about doing anything. I walked out knowing exactly how my reception was going to look and the prices were very reasonable! We were able to have the rental things a bit longer than normal because we lived so far out of town, so that was a huge help. Everything looked beautiful, just like she said it would! I had to change my order a few times throughout the planning process and she was very easy to work with and made all the changes I needed without any problems. They were helpful and very easy going. I would recommend Spielmans to anyone, we had a wonderful experience working with them. Thanks Kara for everything!! You ROCK!!!!

Rebbeca · Married on 09/17/2008

They had chairs in all sizes and types for rent.We loved how comfortable they where.Rates where a little higher than expected but we'd still rent from them again.

Mark · Married on 06/30/2008

We wanted to keep everything under the same theme so we ended up renting little extra things for decoration.Everything we received was in perfect usable condition and looked great when everything was set up.The Spielman's team is a great group of people to work with.

Matt · Married on 02/23/2008

Spielmans successfully coordinated everything so that we could have all the rental equipment possible for our reception.Their sales people where very professional and made a blueprint of how everything would be set up.I really like the way they handled everything and didn't overcharge us.We got everything we needed and that's what counted.

Hayley · Married on 08/27/2016

Erin made the rental part of our wedding so stress free it's almost like it didn't even happen. Every time I stopped into Spielman's or emailed Erin with a question or something else we needed she said "yup, got it. we're all set" without any hesitation. She knew exactly what to suggest to achieve the look and feel I wanted. When it all came together in our (parent mandated, rather ugly) reception space, it was almost unrecognizable.

Krystal at Spielman's was so helpful to us in planning our linens and chair rentals. I had completely dropped the ball and forgot to sign a contract until 2(ish) weeks before! I called Krystal in a panic, and she assured me there was still time to get everything done. We met and went over all the details and I was SO pleased with how everything turned out.

Krystal and her coworker came out the morning of the wedding and set out all of the lavender napkins, covered the chairs in white covers with a charcoal sash and was pleasant and easy to work with. I was also able to rent material to drape over the arch we used- it was perfect and all reasonably priced! Our wedding was beautiful!

Thank you!

Rachel · Married on 06/09/2007

The consultant who helped us was very helpful. She had many creative and unique ideas for the reception hall decor. She incorporated our colors at a cost that was beneficial to us. She was very helpful!

Stephanie · Married on 05/17/2014

3.5

I worked with Erin for our wedding decor rentals. She was very prompt, helpful and professional. I thought the prices were pretty high for some of the items/services, but overall, I had a great experience with this company.

Karina · Married on 07/28/2008

Spielmans is the best value for your money. I was very pleased with their equipment.They supplied everything from chair covers to staging.Their staff was wonderful at making the room look gorgeous.

3.5

I rented table linens for my wedding from Spielman's. The consultation we had to pick out linens and look at options was great and very helpful!

Erin · Married on 10/22/2011

I had heard pretty good things about renting from here so I went on a whim to meet with Kelly. For our appointment she had diagrams already printed out for me of set-up options for our venue (Festhalle Barn) and she knew exactly what it was like. I walked out of the appointment excited and confident that our reception would be awesome! I initially rented our tableclothes, a few round tables, wine glasses, and beer pitchers from them. Kelly mentioned renting a heater from them too but I chose not to because of the cost.

When our wedding date got closer it became apparent that we needed to have a heater available. I called around to other rental companies in the area and no one else had a heater that would work at our venue. When I called back to Spielman's I was told that theirs wouldn't work either (and panic ensued) until I told them they needed to talk to Kelly and get back to me with the final answer. In the end the heater worked great and they even sent someone back to our venue after they dropped it off to fix something on it that wasn't working right. It was very expensive but the comfort of our wedding guests made it worth it.

There were also extra tablecloths that we didn't use which were nice to have when setting up and we were able to have all of their rental items for the duration that we had our venue (6 days) for no extra cost.

rebecca · Married on 03/18/2009

Staff is very helpful and helped plan out the placement of equipment.When they arrived with the rentals they where very quick in setting everything up.We where very happy with the prices and the service from everyone was fantastic!

Renae · Married on 06/09/2007

Spielmans was very good about answering all of our questions. We sat down with them at least 5 times before the big day. They had lots of good ideas and decorating tips as well as what we could do to cut down some of the costs. The chairs arrived dirty which we ended up spending a day to clean. But other than that, everything was very smooth.

Alaina · Married on 08/11/2007

Spielmans was good about letting us know what would be available when and when we would be able to pick the items up. We got our backdrop for the main table and the tablecloths from them and were very easy to work with. Would recommend others to them.

Kristin · Married on 05/19/2007

4.2
      3.0

You can go check out the rentals without an appointment, which was really helpful for me, living 2 hours away. The sales staff was extremely helpful and willing to sit down and give you ideas. They have a room planner program on their computers that has just about every banquet halls dimensions already saved into it, which really helped my mom visualize. Pleasant experience.

3.5

We rented tables, chairs, linens, dishes, flatware, and a few misc. items for our wedding. I had a wonderful experience working with Kelly. She was responsive and extremely helpful! Speilman's worked around our schedule and delivered the items on time. Their fee to set up was very high, so we chose to set up by ourselves and it worked well since our venue allowed plenty of time to decorate. I would recommend going this route if you have the time.

I do have a few complaints. During my time in the showroom Kelly was very eager to show me lots of items, including linens, that were beautiful, but was not upfront about the cost of them. When I got the original quote, the linens I had picked in the showroom were close to $100/piece! If she would have mentioned this up front, I would have asked to see cheaper options. Instead, I had to email back and forth about a cheaper alternative that were only $17/piece. I never got to see these before the wedding since I live out of state, but ended up being very happy with them and Kelly was quick to make the change and send a new quote. I would recommend asking prices or being more upfront about your budget. Most of the items were reasonably priced, besides the chairs. As I did not want my guests to sit on cheap plastic chairs, I rented wooden chairs which ended up being quite costly, but I felt it was worth it.

Jayne · Married on 07/07/2007

3.0

They were great! Didn't have to clean any of the linens or dishes/glass items that we rented. The only bad thing was they gave us waxy clear gems that were making our vases really dirty. But they came clear across town to my house to deliver two more full boxes of gems within the hour so we could continue making our centerpieces.

Stephanie · Married on 07/26/2008

3.8
      3.5

My advice if you go to this vendor is make several appointments as far in advance as possible. When I went there I had no idea of all the possible combinations of napkins, table cloths, backdrops, decorations, flooring, tables, etc. Another tips would be to kind of map out what you're looking for in advance. I went i not really sure what i wanted and it took forever to figure it out, so I didn't use that appointment very well. Overall Spielmans is a great place to go for all those little odds and ends that tie your wedding together. Just have an idea of what you want and make several appointments so you can pull together a dream wedding!!!!

Tonya · Married on 09/26/2009

3.4
      3.5

If you plan on going with Spielmans, go in many different time to look things over before renting your things. Our bill was VERY LARGE at the start of looking, but when the wedding came around our bill was down to a resonable price and our wedding still looked WONDERFUL! There are many different things to decide on, so just make sure you start looking and deciding early for this stuff.

They also delivered it all and was there on time!:)

BAD- they wanted to charge us more of the things that were missing! The thing was is that they didn't pick the stuff up till MONDAY and our wedding was on SATURDAY...this left their stuff sitting out for a whole day while the place we had it at was open...it wasnt our fault if things were missing! They should have come the next day to pick up! Watch your drop off and pick up times and dates!!!!!

Cristina · Married on 06/14/2014

2.0
      3.5

We used Spiellman's mostly for our dinnerware rentals - dinner plates, salad plates, and glass/stemware. Ultimately I had mixed feelings about our entire experience. I never went in to look at anything, but instead trusted their online catalogue for ordering our rentals. I received prompt replies to emails at first and it was easy to call in payments, but this attentiveness more or less faded away once our deposit was in. (I never got a response to my last two or three email inquiries.)

My main complaint came the day of the wedding. We had members of our bridal party pick up the rentals the day before the wedding, and then drop them off in the same vehicle at the location day of (as their delivery cost as much as the entirety of our rentals). When we started setting up tables the day of the wedding, I realized we were missing the entire order of wine glasses (so short 6 dozen glasses!). As we were pressed for time we made do with giving everyone just water glasses, though this wasn't ideal. Upon returning the rentals the following Monday they claimed that everything was "good," and matched the invoice (which it did NOT). I don't want to bother fighting any sort of refund for the rentals we never received, but just beware - make sure you have everything you need before you leave!

Overall, good service at the beginning, professional whenever I called, and decently priced rentals, but be careful you receive everything you should before you leave.