Special Occasion Hair Design Reviews

Special Occasion Hair Design 4
Special Occasion Hair Design 5
Special Occasion Hair Design 6
Special Occasion Hair Design 7

Where do I start! From our first consultation I knew I had to hire Chrissy. She really took the time to understand my wedding day vision, from colors, to flowers, to venues, even my shoes?! She looks at so much more than just 'hair and makeup' This helped her really understand my personality and taste and she nailed it. The morning of, Chrissy and Jessica arrived on time (early) to my hotel ready to go! They have their whole process down to a science. They were professional and organized, and worked very well as a team. They made sure everyone was happy with their hair and makeup, doing any touchups throughout the morning that anyone needed. All of my bridesmaids and mother looked beautiful. Chrissy stayed until we were literally walking out the door, to make sure everything was just perfect.. She even helped me get into my dress! She was an absolute pleasure to work with and really made my morning a breeze.. She calmed my nerves and made me look my absolute best! By the end of the morning I wished I had invited her to the wedding! I cannot say enough good things about them :) I hope I have the opportunity to work with Special Occasions in the future.

Sent on 11/10/2013

We had Chrissy come straight to our house to do hair and makeup and she was wonderful! She did my hair and makeup beautifully and made me feel ready for my big day. She is friendly and professional as well. I cant' speak to her prices because she actually was covering (very last minute) for my original vendor. Her work is impeccable and she definitely follows exactly what you want. I would gladly work with her again!!!

Sent on 10/24/2012

Amanda · Married on 09/22/2012

I had a wonderful experience working with Chrissy and her team on the day of my Wedding! We met twice before that day to meet and great, and then to have a "trial". She asked a lot of questions and even took time to go to our wedding website and see the venue, as we were getting married outside. It was awesome to have someone come to the house instead of coordinating having all 8 of my girls, 3 flower girls, one mother of the bride and me all go somewhere!!!!

Sent on 04/15/2013

Heather · Married on 08/24/2012

Do not walk, but RUN to your phone to call Chrissy. She was so phenomenal, as was her team. Every one of my bridal party girls raved about them. They were prompt, moved quickly, and took so much care to make sure that everyone was satisfied. Every girl felt special and fully attended to. I danced the night away. My bustle broke, but my hair and make up stayed put the entire day. It was a point I was very firm on, having had other hair styles leaving me running for more hair spray and bobby pins throughout the day. They were professional without being bossy, and finished right on time (no easy feat with an additional head of hair and face to make up at the last minute!).

It was absolutely perfect, and I cannot recommend Chrissy and her team enough.

Sent on 09/04/2012

Chrissy and the Special Occasion Hair Design team are incredible. The trial run went great and Chrissy spent quite a bit of time confirming the nuances of my vision for my hair and makeup. It was nothing over-the-top but she made sure she had it right on. On our wedding day, she kicked things off and took control with her team. We had a pretty good sized bridal party to get through (7 BMs, 1 bride and 2 moms!) but they cruised through with absolutely no problem at all. I was, as my luck would have it, pretty sick with a nasty summer cold that day. Chrissy kept things light and fun and was attentive to me and how I was feeling, hair/makeup aside. I felt and looked like a zombie, but she promised she would have me looking my best in no time. Boy did she deliver. Everyone loved their hair – including me – and while each style was a bit different, they all went together cohesively and we received numerous compliments at the reception. She even had enough time to take on three more girls for makeup than she had planned for in her timeline. Trust me when I say Chrissy is the kind of person you want around on your wedding day – experienced, level-headed and calm. She keeps close tabs on time and takes serious pride in her work. Looking back at our photos, booking Special Occasion Hair Design was one of the best vendor decisions we could have made!

Sent on 09/14/2012

Lisa · Married on 04/28/2012

Chrissy and her team were such a pleasure to work with - they made our wedding party gorgeous! The team is so positive and just made everyone feel great!

They are well organized and extremely professional. I was nervous going into the hair and makeup trial since I have never worked with a stylist before - but at the end of the hair trial I couldn't wait to see her again!

It was great knowing that we had such a perfectionist working with us. I felt super confident with my look for the day. The flower girls looked gorgeous, my sister looked terrific and both of the moms felt great! We were all so happy with their work!

Sent on 05/11/2012

Christina and her assistant did an amazing job on my hair and makeup. My wedding was on St. Patrick's Day, I come from a long line of Irish relatives and I am by no means a girly girl, but Christina made me look absolutely beautiful. She was polite, punctual, flexible with arrival as most of the local roads were closed for the annual parade and she even took the time to teach my mom how to fix my hair and change tiaras as I had two separate outfits planned for the day. I will absolutely use her again, and I actually plan to for my baby shower. If you're looking for someone who is professional and really knows what she's doing for a decent cost, go with Special Occasion Hair Design.

Sent on 04/02/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 06/03/2011

Chrissy from Special Occasion Hair Design did my hair and makeup for my wedding in June. Planning my wedding from out of town, I found Special Occasions a little late in the game, just a few weeks before my wedding when I was frustrated with the other stylists I had met who couldn't understand the hairstyle I wanted for my wedding day. Working with Chrissy was a relief compared to other hair and makeup artists - she put my mind at ease by helping me figure out the perfect look for my wedding, something that kept me true to myself, just a little enhanced :) Not only did she help me to look beautiful on my wedding day but she came to the rescue when the hair dresser meant to style my bridesmaids and mother didn't show up (don't worry she wasn't from Special Occasions)! Chrissy is incredibly professional, talented and a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend her to anyone who wants a beautiful look for a special occasion.

Sent on 06/21/2011

Krista · Married on 04/30/2011

Chrissy was so wonderful to work with; I would recommend her to any bride-to-be. She is responsive, professional, accommodating, reasonably-priced, and really listens to what you want while offering her own input/ ideas. On top of all of this, I really enjoyed her personally, so the trial and the hours she was with the bridal party & me the day of the wedding were really a lot of fun! Most importantly, of course, is that she made me feel stunning on my big day. Thank you, Chrissy. You're amazing!

Sent on 12/17/2011

Nicole · Married on 09/05/2010

I love Chrissy! She has found a way to give brides just what they are looking for on their wedding day: no stress! She comes to your location to do hair and makeup! Chrissy is such a wonderful and friendly person and she got along great with all of my girls. Better yet, she a complete professional and absolutely amazing at what she does. I could not have asked for a better outcome. I was so happy with my own hair and makeup, and all of my girls looked absolutely beautiful. Chrissy's prices are extremely reasonable, and her personality can't be beat. I would recommend Chrissy to anyone in need of hair and makeup services on their wedding day.

Sent on 01/12/2011
  • iioeo

stephanie · Married on 06/25/2010

Chrissy is such a unique, personable, and talented woman. Having her do the hair and makeup for me, my mother and my wedding party was one of the best decisions I made for our special day. Her attention to detail and patience with my fickle nature were a welcome relief during the stress of wedding planning. I recommend her to all my girlfriends whenever I get the chance, and still keep in contact with her today. She is truly a delightful person all around, thank you Chrissy!

Sent on 02/12/2011

Julia · Married on 06/12/2010

Chrissy was AMAZING! From the second I had a phone conversation with her I knew I wanted her to complete my wedding day. She was sweet, understanding and has so much experience and great suggestions. FIrst off it was nice to have someone come to you the morning of your wedding, it helps you to feel much more relaxed. At my trial we talked about different ways that we could do my hair (and she did them) that would look good with my dress and when I thought I knew what I wanted, which was my hair mostly down, I found out it was going to rain and that was not going to be ok! The day of, she did an amazing job on my bridesmaids, everyone was beyond pleased with their hair, and makeup if they choose to get that done as well. The day of my wedding when I was so worried about the rain (it never ended up raining) Chrissy was so patient and thoughtful in helping me to pick something and made me the most BEAUTIFUL bride I could have ever imagine being!!! I was blown away by what an amazing and detailed job she did on both my hair and makeup, I could not have imagined it done any other way! She has an amazing talent and anyone that chooses her to do their wedding day will be VERY happy! There are not words to describe how beautiful she made me feel and how she really contributed to the overall success of the beautiful day! THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!

Sent on 07/16/2010

Randi · Married on 01/02/2010

Great service, great person, couldn't have asked for more...

Sent on 02/04/2010

Alicia · Married on 09/20/2008

Chrissy was wonderful!! It was so nice to have someone travel to me the morning of my wedding instead of worrying about making my appointment and getting out in time. All of my bridesmaids had their hair done, including me and I had my makeup done, along with my mother in law and my mom. The hair turned out wonderfully and she really takes pride in her work. My hair was absolutely FANTASTIC!!! I loooooved my hair so much. My makeup was wonderful also. I don't know too much about makeup, but Chrissy picked the colors and she did a nice dramatic evening look for my 5pm wedding. I felt so beautiful on my wedding day and I owe it all to Chrissy. She's absolutely fantastic and such a nice person.

Sent on 09/21/2008

Chrissy was great! She made sure that both our hair and make up were exactly the way we wanted them to be on our wedding day. Providing a trial-run also helped us get the kinks out and make our wedding day hair/makeup prep quicker and easier. We wish the price for the trial run was a little cheaper, just due to the fact that it's not the actual wedding day, but we also understand that she is allotting the same amount of time with the same quality of work. She and her team were very great to work with!

Sent on 10/26/2014