Special Occasion Hair Design Reviews

1 User photo

Special Occasion Hair Design 1

Amanda · Married on 05/26/2019

Highly recommended

Chrissy and her assistant were amazing on my wedding day, as well as at my hair trial. She works with you to pick the most flattering style then works her magic to enhance it. My hair and makeup held perfectly all night and I felt like the best version of myself! Super sweet, extremely professional. All of my girls looked fantastic.

Sent on 06/18/2019
    Special Occasion Hair Design 2

Special Occasion Hair Design's reply:

Amanda, Thank you so much for the kind words and for choosing us for such an important day. We had such a wonderful time getting to know you and working with you through the entire process.
    Congratulations again and please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything in the future.

Lauren · Married on 07/28/2018

As a bride, there is no other woman you want doing your hair and makeup the day of your wedding. Chrissy is INCREDIBLE. Not only did she make every single one of my bridesmaids look and feel beautiful, she made me feel like a princess, without needing a ton of direction (as I was unsure as to what would look best on me). Chrissy and her team were not only there early but they kept us so on track - we even had an extra hour to just relax! Not only is she talented, but she is so kind and accommodating. I had to plan my wedding while out of state and she worked around my crazy schedule to make sure I had everything I needed. She even assisted me in styling my dress with accessories. I cannot recommend her highly enough, ladies - if you want the best on your wedding day you need Chrissy and her team!

Sent on 08/12/2018

Christina Royce · Married on 02/09/2018

Chrissy is phenomenal

Chrissy is phenomenal. She's a great person and has a great business for brides who are doing non-traditional venues. We were getting married at a local museum and couldn't drive 30 minutes to get to my normal salon (which wasn't open on our wedding day anyway!!) and then 30 minutes back before pictures. Chrissy travels and boy am I glad she did. She was wonderful from consult to trial to the morning of. Everyone loved her and her team. I will gladly recommend this company to anyone who will listen.

Sent on 05/11/2019

Abigail · Married on 09/30/2017

I cannot say enough good things about Special Occassion Hair Design. We used them for our wedding this past weekend and everything was perfect! Chrissy and Dena did an incredible job on hair and makeup for myself and my bridal party. They are so professional and personable and do a wonderful job on hair and makeup. They also listened to each girls requests and made sure that everyone loved their hair and makeup and was comfortable. I am so happy we booked them for our wedding, and highly recommend them! They are wonderful!!

Sent on 10/02/2017

Caroline · Married on 09/16/2017

My hair and makeup looked fantastic and for once in my life the curls held! :D They were able to take my inspiration photos and make it a reality.

Sent on 11/27/2017

For my sisters wedding this past October, we wore gold sequin, floor length gowns. I wanted dramatic hair and makeup to complete the look. Chrissy did a non standard smokey eye, at 7:00 in the morning, that looked flawless at midnight. My downstyle hair was exactly what I envisioned yet couldn't articulate yet she just knew what I meant! A seasoned pro that I would not think twice about hiring in the future.

Sent on 12/08/2016

Special Occasion Hair Design's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was wonderful working with you at your sisters wedding. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to work outside of the typical realm of wedding makeup. You looked stunning in person and in the photos I've seen so far as well.

Lauren · Married on 11/26/2016

Chrissy is AMAZING!! Not only is she hilarious in a quiet and unsuspecting way, but she is SO extremely talented and put me at ease every time i spoke with her. She spent time discussing my skin (it's wacky and tricky to deal with because of dry spots/rosacea), my normal "every day" look, and my ideas for my wedding day look. She not only made me look flawless, but she did a fantastic job with my girls' makeup up too- I am slightly obsessed with makeup so I'm picky. My makeup lasted all day, all night, and well into the next day. No joke! Also, the week of my wedding Chrissy called me about a sudden personnel change when she didn't need to (I never would have known the difference so it was SUPER professional of her to inform me) and the sub she brought along to do bridesmaid hair made the girls look fantastic. I can't rave enough about how much talent Chrissy has- she made me feel absolutely gorgeous.

Sent on 12/31/2016

Mary · Married on 10/29/2016

Chrissy and her team are truly spectacular! They are the best in the business. I have worked with the Special Occasion Hair Design Team twice, my sister's wedding and my big day. Both times were incredible! They are worth every penny. Chrissy will help design your perfect wedding look and answer any question you have. She was quick to respond to phone calls and emails. She was even willing to meet with me multiple times until my look was exactly what I wanted. Both my sister and I live out of town, which makes scheduling appointments difficult. Chrissy was more than happy to work around our schedules. If you want to feel beautiful as a bride, bridesmaid, mother of the bride; I recommend Special Occasion Hair Design!

Sent on 12/22/2016

Jen · Married on 10/08/2016

Chrissy and her ladies were very professional and so kind. Chrissy was a pleasure to work with. It was wonderful knowing Chrissy would take care of me and my girls; I never had a doubt things would turn out exactly like I imagined. They were super organized; I especially appreciated the beauty schedule Chrissy created to get all my girls looking fabulous and on time! All my girls looked wonderful, hair and make-up looked perfect. Chrissy did a wonderful job with my hair and make-up, capturing exactly what I wanted with little direction. My make-up looks great all night long! I would certainly recommend Special Occasion Hair Design!

Sent on 12/10/2016

Alicia · Married on 09/17/2016

Crissy and the rest of the Special Occasion Hair Design team are awesome. From my trial to the day of my wedding Crissy was very accommodating. She answered all my questions and was very patient with me. I was not sure how I wanted my hair for my wedding so she took the time to go through pictures with me to figure out what would be perfect for my wedding day. She took every detail into consideration. I was nervous about my make up because typically I do not wear any, Crissy assured me everything would look natural. She was 100% correct, I felt beautiful. On the day of my wedding her and her team showed up early to our hotel room with everything you could imagine. It was very convenient that the Special Occasion Hair Design team was able to come to our location. They were nothing but professional. They did hair and make up for 7 bridesmaids plus my mother and me. Hair and make up started around 7 am and everyone still looked flawless by the end of the evening. I would recommend any one getting married to contact Crissy for hair and make up for any occasion.

Sent on 12/09/2016

Kaitlyn · Married on 07/30/2016

Hair and makeup came out beautiful for everyone. Thank you for your help - would highly recommend!

Sent on 08/24/2016

Christine · Married on 06/03/2016

Chrissy is AMAZING! She made the entire process SO easy and fun! She is so knowledgeable and talented that I would not have trusted anyone else to style my hair and do my makeup on my wedding day! The Bridal Package is such a great value that includes a consultation and a trial before the big day. Other services for bridesmaids and mothers of the bride/groom are very reasonably priced as well. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! Every bride looking for an enjoyable experience through and through pick Chrissy and her team!

Sent on 07/04/2016

Kara · Married on 04/16/2016

Chrissy was amazing and the look she created for my wedding was incredible. She was so flexible and efficient and more than happy to add on additional services day of with ease. She was an amazing, calm presence on my wedding day and she made the process so much fun. The different styles she created for my mom, sisters and nieces were all so different an unique and yet all fit so well together. I loved her insight, knowledge and her honesty. It was a fantastic experience and I couldn't have been happier with how I looked on my wedding!

Sent on 05/09/2016

Jenna · Married on 10/10/2015

Chrissy and her team from Special Occasion Hair Design were incredible. Chrissy is so talented and surrounds herself with incredibly talented people. Her team of ladies are so professional, so incredibly gifted and so fun to be around. The girls take photos of "dream hair dos" and make them reality. I had so much fun watching my girls turn into supermodels while we were getting ready!! And every bridesmaid loved how they looked!

Now for me :) I think it is important to tell everyone reading this how much I cried on my wedding day, happy tears of course :) but real tears. My makeup...did not move. I repeat DID NOT MOVE. Despite all my happy tears my make up was flawless from morning to night. That is no easy task! My hair was exactly how I wanted it and my overall look felt like a dressed up version of myself. I felt natural, gorgeous and flawless. And I wish that feeling on any bride on their wedding day. If you want it, you must hire Chrissy :) Chrissy, it was a pleasure to work with you and your team and for every bride reading this - dont wait, book her today! Thank you Chrissy & team! You are AMAZING!

Sent on 11/09/2015

Special Occasion Hair Design's reply:

Jenna, it was an absolute pleasure working with you and your girls. Everyone was wonderful and we had just as much fun working as you did getting pampered. Thank you again for trusting the girls and I with your big day preparations. Congratulations again on your wedding and best of luck with everything in the future.

Lynn · Married on 07/31/2015

I would HIGHLY recommend Special Occasion Hair Design. Chrissy and her team did hair and makeup for me, a few bridesmaids and my mom for my wedding. They travelled to our hotel suite, which allowed us to hang out and relax a bit prior to the wedding rather than running out to a salon. I was absolutely thrilled with my hair and makeup - both came out even better than I could have imagined and held up all day and night. I received tons of compliments on my hair in particular, and most importantly, my husband (who usually doesn't notice these things) couldn't stop talking about how much he loved my hair. My mom and entire bridal party were also very happy with their hair and makeup. Chrissy was wonderful, responsive, and easy to work with. From beginning to end, the process was stress-free and fun. Thank you Chrissy and team for a wonderful experience!

Sent on 08/31/2015

Special Occasion Hair Design's reply:

Lynn, I can not tell you how much a review like this means to me. Thank you for taking the time to write this. I'm so thrilled that he loved your hair and that everyone was so happy! It was by far one of my favorite "updos" of 2015. Thank you again for choosing us to be a part of your big day! Congrats and best wishes always.

Chrissy and her team were amazing and got 8 girls plus MOB plus the bride ready and beautiful for the day. Highly recommend.

Sent on 06/10/2015

Special Occasion Hair Design's reply:

Thank you for the great review and thank you for trusting us to get all of the girls ready!

emma · Married on 06/05/2015

I am so lucky to have started my day with these girls. Chrissy is so seasoned at weddings, if it wasn't for her I probably would have missed the whole thing. They are the perfect energy for the big day. They also are extremely talented with their services and I felt and looked flawless. Everyone looked stunning. I could not have been happier and more at ease with my look. They had everything I didn't have to look perfect.

Sent on 06/22/2015

Special Occasion Hair Design's reply:

Emma, You were by far the most entertaining and funniest bride! We had such a great time getting you ready for your big day. Thank you again for taking the time out of your extremely busy schedule to write this review. Congratulations to you and Jeremy, all the best, always!

Sara · Married on 10/04/2014

I cannot thank Chrissy and her girls enough for all they did for us on my wedding day. It was the MOST BEAUTIFUL I have ever felt in my entire life. :) :) And I can honestly say that it was the first wedding I\'ve ever been a part of where every single girl loved their hair and make-up. Everyone looked like the most beautiful version of themselves. Chrissy and her girls seriously knocked it out of the park!!!! And to top it all off, I had so much fun getting to know Chrissy. It was the icing on the cake that spending my wedding morning with Chrissy felt like I was with a good girlfriend, and not just a wedding vendor. :) I would highly, highly recommend going with Special Occasion Hair Design! :)

Sent on 11/20/2014

Special Occasion Hair Design's reply:

Sara, you are truly beautiful inside and out. Thank you for trusting us with your "BEST DAY EVER". You turned every event, including your trial, into a high class soiree and we are so thankful that we were included. Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to write this testimonial. Best wishes to you and Chris always.

Sara · Married on 10/04/2014

I cannot thank Chrissy and her girls enough for all they did for us on my wedding day. It was the MOST BEAUTIFUL I have ever felt in my entire life. :) :) And I can honestly say that it was the first wedding I've ever been a part of where every single girl loved their hair and make-up. Everyone looked like the most beautiful version of themselves. Chrissy and her girls seriously knocked it out of the park!!!! And to top it all off, I had so much fun getting to know Chrissy. It was the icing on the cake that spending my wedding morning with Chrissy felt like I was with a good girlfriend, and not just a wedding vendor. :) I would highly, highly recommend going with Special Occasion Hair Design! :)

Sent on 11/20/2014

Galina · Married on 09/28/2014

We hired Special Occasion Hair for the wedding. I decided to go with them because I saw a lot of variety on their website (vs standard curly hair that I saw a lot on other websites). This was very important for me since I was hiring stylist to do the whole bridal party and each of us had completely different hair. Chrissy and her assistant were great. Everything went so smooth starting with booking till the last moment. She was very flexible accommodating my timing for trials and consultations. I felt very safe with her.

On the wedding day they were on the location even before us. My bridesmaids just trusted them with what they thought would be the best (of course taking into account general personal preferences for each of them). At the end everyone was looking in the mirror and could hardly recognize themselves! All of us including moms felt so beautiful and special.

I definitely recommend Special Occasion Hair Design! They are amazing! Exactly what I was looking for!

Chrissy, you were just great!

Sent on 10/17/2014

Special Occasion Hair Design's reply:

Galina, Thank you for choosing S.O.H.D. for your hair styling needs. It was like Christmas for me, getting to do your hair. It was so long and gorgeous. Thank you for trusting me with my vision and allowing me to use my experience to create a unique "updo" that was not only gorgeous but it was also structurally sound. I was confident in leaving and knew that it would last all day and into the night! Congrats again and Best of luck always.

Alisa · Married on 07/05/2014

There is no other day in a woman’s life that is as important to look one’s very best than her wedding day. The bride is the center of everyone’s attention; and the hundreds of photos taken of her would have to show her looking her very best. Realizing this, I knew how important it was to find someone who could help me look the very best version of myself. It was a long journey, but I had finally found the artists who could help make this happen: Chrissy and Lindsey of Special Occasion Hair Design. They have a way of showcasing a person’s beauty and they do it with such skill and professionalism. By enhancing beauty (even if, like me, you can’t seem to find it), they give every bride the confidence that she needs to feel the most beautiful version of herself on that much scrutinized day. I can’t express how happy I was to able to look and feel so radiant on my wedding day-all thanks to Chrissy and Lindsey! If you want quality and professionalism, do not look any further than this duo!!!

Sent on 09/19/2014

Nicole · Married on 10/19/2013

Chrissy and her team were just amazing! From my very first meeting with her, Chrissy was thorough with the questions she asked about my vision for the wedding and how my hair would match my vision. As the wedding drew closer Chrissy made sure to contact me and come up with a schedule that would work best for my wedding day. The morning of the wedding Chrissy and her team showed up on time and ready do my hair, my 5 bridesmaids, and my mothers. Everyone's hair turned out beautifully and lasted the entire day. I could not have asked for a better team to beautify my entire wedding party! I would highly recommend Special Occasions Hair Design to anyone in the Rochester area getting married!

Nicole (Reuter) Farnand

Sent on 11/03/2013

Chrissy and her team at Special Occasion Hair Design came to me the morning of my wedding. They were early, brought everything that they needed and were ready to work their magic! I loved that I could literally just wake up and they were there, in my home. I didn't have to leave, run around, or waste precious time driving to and from the salon.
    Being that I am a very natural girl to begin with I was really worried that I wasn't going to look like myself. Chrissy's experience and attention to detail is unreal, she took everything into consideration and totally delivered. My finished look was timeless, classic and everything I ever dreamed of! Not to mention I looked just as good at the end of the night as I did when she left.
    I would highly recommend Chrissy to anyone that is getting married and is looking for a wedding stylist!

Sent on 11/13/2013

corinne · Married on 09/01/2013

Chrissy and her team did an amazing job for my wedding! I was the bride and my hair and makeup was fantastic. They also did my 6 bridesmaids and they all looked awesome. Chrissy's team was right on time starting, and finished early. All of the girls hair and makeup was done in stages so no one was done too early. I would absolutely recommend them!!!

Sent on 11/01/2013

Where do I start! From our first consultation I knew I had to hire Chrissy. She really took the time to understand my wedding day vision, from colors, to flowers, to venues, even my shoes?! She looks at so much more than just 'hair and makeup' This helped her really understand my personality and taste and she nailed it. The morning of, Chrissy and Jessica arrived on time (early) to my hotel ready to go! They have their whole process down to a science. They were professional and organized, and worked very well as a team. They made sure everyone was happy with their hair and makeup, doing any touchups throughout the morning that anyone needed. All of my bridesmaids and mother looked beautiful. Chrissy stayed until we were literally walking out the door, to make sure everything was just perfect.. She even helped me get into my dress! She was an absolute pleasure to work with and really made my morning a breeze.. She calmed my nerves and made me look my absolute best! By the end of the morning I wished I had invited her to the wedding! I cannot say enough good things about them :) I hope I have the opportunity to work with Special Occasions in the future.

Sent on 11/10/2013