Special Moments Catering & Events Reviews

38 | Tempe, AZ

38 Reviews for Special Moments Catering & Events

38 Special Moments Catering & Events Reviews

Lauren · Married on 03/11/2017

Special Moments did an amazing job! The food was amazing and they were extremely accommodating with the guests with dietary restrictions and working with me to get meals for both Vegans and GF ordered (guests who ate those meals said they were delicious!) The team we had that day was amazing and they did a great job taking care of both my husband and myself and all of our guests!

Kara · Married on 02/27/2016

We are so happy Special Moments could be the caterer for our dinner reception at Lavender and Old Lace in February 2016. They created a delicious menu for us with a variety of salads, entrées, sides and desserts. The food was delicious, and many of our guests said the food was the best they had ever had at a wedding. We appreciated how Brad and Mimi were very organized and everything for our dinner reception went smoothly. At the end of the night, they gave my husband and I a plate of snacks which included a variety of cheeses, grapes and chocolate dipped strawberries, one which was decorated as a wedding dress and the other as a tux! We highly recommend Special Moments Catering to other couples!

Tara · Married on 01/30/2016

Brad and everyone at Special Moments were ABSOUTLY Amazing. The food was amazing and we couldn't have asked for any more. Mimi came and checked on us as well as the Service Captain. I loved that we didn't have to give a final head count until 5 days before, it made it so much more simple and we didn't have to pay for people that were not going to come. All the other caterers we talked to just were not helpful at all and when we met Brad to discuss out wedding, I knew right away we were going to go with Special Moments, he took all the worry and stress away.

Chelsea · Married on 01/21/2016

The food is delicious and they are very accommodating! Absolutely love the family aspect of this business!

Brittany · Married on 11/28/2015

I received a lot of compliments on the food! When I first looked at the pricing list it did not fit my budget, but after speaking with one of the employees there she custom made a menu that helped fit my budget. I also had them provide the cupcakes for my wedding. They only list red velvet on their website but they were so excited to try out a lot of new options for me. We ended up going with carrot cake and chocolate which were delicious. They were so accommodating and professional. Our catering Captain, Dan, was so super nice and so were Mimi and Bri who helped us out during the planning process. They were the most reasonably priced caterer I found and trust me I looked at a lot of places! Even though they were affordable the food did not disappoint! It was delicious and everything tasted homemade. I saw people's plates and they were served a ton of food the first time around and by the time I walked by again everyone had cleared their plates! I overestimated the number of people just in case and good thing I did because a lot of people even went back for seconds!

Adam · Married on 10/24/2015

The food was delicious and the guests kept raving about it! Thank you Brad you made our day special.

Tiffani · Married on 10/17/2015

Staff was great. Good was excellent. They did a special plate for my sister who can't have cheese. They where on time with everything.

Kirsten · Married on 05/02/2015

I used Special Moments for my wedding on May 2nd and I can't say enough amazing things about them. From the start, their service was top-notch. They were quick to respond to all of my emails, they were happy to set up a tasting with us (Which was both fun and tasty! We got to sit at a fancy table in the kitchen and meet the chef!) and they quickly sent over an invoice for us to review everything. We gave them our budget up front and they never tried to push us over that budget and did everything to create the very best value for our 200-guest wedding, even helping us find areas where we could save money.

I thought we knew what we wanted on our menu, but after going to our tasting, we came home with even more wonderful options and ideas! (Side note: the homemade meatballs and rosemary cheddar bread are AMAZING!) We opted for a very affordable Italian buffet which we decided was filling, would appeal to a large crowd and left more room in our budget for appetizers, which we loved at our tasting. We received numerous compliments on the food during the night and in the few weeks after the event.(Their staff also packed us up a box to take with us to the hotel that night AND packed up leftovers for our family to take home for a party we were hosting the next day!)

The service was perfect. They set up the tables just how my little OCD self wanted them set up. And they never gave me a hard time when I called them to explain exactly how I wanted each place setting to look (crazy bride alert!).

For the sake of full disclosure, I actually work in the wedding and event industry, so I have worked with many vendors in the industry in the past, including many caterers. But seeing things from the perspective of a bride, I had a much more critical perspective and I actually experienced things from the customer side. And as a bride and as a customer, I can honestly say that I think Special Moments is the best in the biz.

• Maryem

Maryem · Married on 04/26/2015

Since we had our first tasting at this venue , we were sold not only was the food great but so their presentation! The food at the wedding was just as good and the service was amazing they napkin color was wrong and they were still able to fix it 30 min before the wedding ! Their staff was very attentive to us, the only thing I wished was if our plates were boxed up to go, I was really looking forward to my last slice of meat and my chicken lol, but the did give us a take home snack filled with cheese and chocolate covered strawberries, so that was sweet.

Jessika · Married on 04/10/2015

If I could give them a billion stars, I absolutely would!

Special Moments catered our wedding on May 8, 2015, at the air force museum in Mesa. They were a recommended vendor and had worked at the venue before, so I decided to go with them after checking out some additional reviews.

First, I must say that their communication skills are excellent. I live in Dubai and planning a wedding halfway across the globe is stressful enough, as I can only communicate through email or through my sister who was local. Brad, Michelle and their team were prompt and clear with their communication.

Unfortunately, I couldn't be present to do a tasting, so my sister went with her 5 year old daughter and her friend. My sister was thoroughly impressed by the presentation of the tasting - the chef even made child sized portions for my niece. It was a very kind and thoughtful touch. The food was all delicious when I finally got to try it.

I came into Phoenix about 9 months before the wedding and finally met with Michelle. She was so interested in our theme (vintage air travel) and wanted to match the buffet tables to our decor. I met her again just a week before the wedding to get some last minute details in. I was impressed by her desire to match the decor.

On the day of the event, I was met by Dan who was in charge of the staff for the evening. Dan was amazing - he ensured we received our plated meals as well as wrapping up all the leftover food and sending it home with my family. The staff even folded up my ceremony chairs afterthe ceremony! I would have never asked them to do it however, they were happy to pitch in without even being asked.

All the staff were kind and helpful, and Dan was great - he kept communication open with me throughout the whole day.

Thank you so much Special Moments! Your staff definitely helped make our day very special.

FANTASTIC staff! they were very accommodating and so incredibly kind. They focused on serving us as clients rather than our event - it made it much more personable.
    thank you!

Hiring Special Moments for our wedding was the best catering decision we could have made. They were really pleasant, organized and efficient. Everything was set up perfectly and the food was delicious.

They planned with us at a distance all of the time, because we live in Chicago and our wedding was there in Arizona. They were really responsive both in email and phone. Since the first beginning they were really open and they offered really creative ideas to follow our bugdet while keeping the things we wanted. We had a pasta station that we could choose between different kinds of pasta, sauces and ingredients, and everyone loved it. They also kept a cute vintage look to match with the decoration, and their professionalism made the food a complete success.

We want to do a special thank you to Brad that was our contact and definitely made his best to make our day so special. We could see in his face that he really loves what he does and that makes all the difference. If you are looking for a company to cater your wedding with amazing food, look no further.

Billie Jo · Married on 10/25/2013

The food provided was delicious and the serving staff that worked our wedding were professional, so accommodating and very kind. They made the night that much better and our guests commented on how courteous the serving staff was. The food was nicely presented and even better tasted amazing. The coffee bar was a great addition to everything we had. I would definitely recommend this company in the future.

Lindsay · Married on 03/22/2013

Special moments catering did such an awesome job on mine and my husbands wedding on March 22, 2013 @ Noahs in Chandler. The food we ordered was delivered hot fresh and was delicious! I would highly recommend Special moments to anyone planning on getting married. The food was great and delivered just as promised!! Thank you so much for making our wedding the most special day of our lives!!

Sent on 04/29/2013

Special Moments Catering & Events's reply:

Thank you so much Lindsay for the wonderful review. We enjoyed catering your wedding and being part of your special day. Warm wishes for a wonderful future together. Tale care, Michelle.

Sheena · Married on 10/25/2012

Special Moments has great food, great service and they are very professional. I worked with Brad during all the planning and he was beyond helpful. I probably had a million questions and he was patient and kind during the entire process. I probably tasted more food during the tastings than on my actual wedding day (I was too excited to eat!), but I can tell you that the food is the best you're going to find, especially for the price. I would recommend Special Moments to any bride :)

• Tricia

Tricia · Married on 06/09/2012

One word...DELICIOUS. If I had to pick a few more words, I'd choose satisfying, unique, mouth-watering!

Special Moments was the preferred vendor at our reception site, Villa Tuscana. After taste testing their food and working closely with the people, I can clearly see why. There are so many great choices for entrees and side dishes. For our 150 person wedding, they let us choose two main dishes and serve them in half portions which meant that everyone got to try both entrees! We picked two sides as well and also a salad. There was so much food that people were actually able to go up for seconds! That never happens at weddings.

One of the things people enjoyed most about our wedding was the food. I think so many people are used to getting served mediocre meals at weddings that when they tasted what Special Moments had to offer, they were blown out of the water.

Thank you, Special Moments, for adding to the joy of our wedding day!

Amanda · Married on 05/11/2012

We had so many compliments on our wedding food. Catering was included in our wedding package from Villa Tuscana, and we enjoyed the variety of entrees offered by Special Moments. Everyone raved about the puff pastry beef and chipotle sauce. The food was warm and tasted exactly like it did at our tasting. I would definitely recommend them.

Tina · Married on 03/24/2012

I used this caterer through Villa Tuscana reception hall. They did a fabulous job. There was a variety to choose from and the menu was exactly what I requested. Some of my guests said it was the best wedding food they'd had!

Andrea · Married on 03/10/2012

Special Moments has great food, great service and a fantastic attitued at working with (crazy) brides!! They provided us with two antipasto trays for when we were at our venue getting ready - and they tasted amazing. Our appetizers were served right on time during cocktail hour. Our salads were already plated when we all came into the reception, and they plated my meal and my husbands so we would have time to eat while everyone else went through the buffet line. They worked with our schedule and service was seamless... I didn't even realize they were there - which is a good thing! I definitely recommend using Special Moments!

Joelle · Married on 06/05/2011

Special Moments Catering is unlike any other catering company in Arizona.... They think of the little things no one else does. For example, they put a take-home box in our car for us to enjoy later in the hotel, they plated us so we had a few brief moments to eat before everyone else finished their plates, they have a separate buffet line for kids with acrylic plates, etc. Brad Taylor and everyone we dealt with was AMAZING. From the moment we met Brad we knew we wanted Special Moments to cater our wedding. He worked closely with my husband and I to give us exactly what we wanted within our budget and checked in with us the day after the wedding. By far our favorite vendor- would recommend them to anyone!

• Sarah

Sarah · Married on 04/03/2011

Brad and his staff at Special Moments were absolutely wonderful and ideal. They catered our wedding at The Waterfront in Tempe, and Brad couldn't have been more professional and helpful. We are so grateful for such an awesome experience. It really played a big part on our wedding day!
    The food is very, very delicious. When we went for our taste-testing, we had a hard time choosing which menu items to have at the wedding, they were all so good. The day of the wedding, they were on time, professional, and all of the dishes were just as delicious.
    We can't thank Brad and his staff at Special Moments enough!

Ragena · Married on 03/27/2011

My daughters' wedding was last weenend and we were very pleased with the service and quality of the food. We worked with Brad, and he was awesome in planning. We would definitely recommend Special Moments Catering for a wedding or any other event.

Kate · Married on 03/17/2011

They were affordable, flexible and personal. I couldn't ask for more.

Erin · Married on 02/14/2011

This vendor was part of our wedding package. I can say that this was by far, the best we had ever been treated by a vendor (aside from our pastor). Brad was amazing and the food was delicious. My husband and I had a formal tasting and were able to sample what we wanted. Brad didn't hover over us while we were tasting either. He set the food in front of us, explained all about the dish, then left us to taste and discuss. It was an all around fantastic experience for us both.

Kelly · Married on 12/31/2010

Special Moments was very flexible in offering menu options that would work for our reception and some particular guests. The food was great and the portion sizes were very generous.