38 Reviews for Special Moments Catering & Events

Champagne Toast (2)
Stations (1)
Lactose Free (1)
38 Special Moments Catering & Events Reviews

Special Moments did an amazing job! The food was amazing and they were extremely accommodating with the guests with dietary restrictions and working with me to get meals for both Vegans and GF ordered (guests who ate those meals said they were delicious!) The team we had that day was amazing and they did a great job taking care of both my husband and myself and all of our guests!

Profile Picture Lauren, 3/11/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering

We are so happy Special Moments could be the caterer for our dinner reception at Lavender and Old Lace in February 2016. They created a delicious menu for us with a variety of salads, entrées, sides and desserts. The food was delicious, and many of our guests said the food was the best they had ever had at a wedding. We appreciated how Brad and Mimi were very organized and everything for our dinner reception went smoothly. At the end of the night, they gave my husband and I a plate of snacks which included a variety of cheeses, grapes and chocolate dipped strawberries, one which was decorated as a wedding dress and the other as a tux! We highly recommend Special Moments Catering to other couples!

Profile Picture User5262349, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Brad and everyone at Special Moments were ABSOUTLY Amazing. The food was amazing and we couldn't have asked for any more. Mimi came and checked on us as well as the Service Captain. I loved that we didn't have to give a final head count until 5 days before, it made it so much more simple and we didn't have to pay for people that were not going to come. All the other caterers we talked to just were not helpful at all and when we met Brad to discuss out wedding, I knew right away we were going to go with Special Moments, he took all the worry and stress away.

Profile Picture Tara, 1/30/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Cake Cutting, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Vegetarian, American

The food is delicious and they are very accommodating! Absolutely love the family aspect of this business!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 1/21/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

I received a lot of compliments on the food! When I first looked at the pricing list it did not fit my budget, but after speaking with one of the employees there she custom made a menu that helped fit my budget. I also had them provide the cupcakes for my wedding. They only list red velvet on their website but they were so excited to try out a lot of new options for me. We ended up going with carrot cake and chocolate which were delicious. They were so accommodating and professional. Our catering Captain, Dan, was so super nice and so were Mimi and Bri who helped us out during the planning process. They were the most reasonably priced caterer I found and trust me I looked at a lot of places! Even though they were affordable the food did not disappoint! It was delicious and everything tasted homemade. I saw people's plates and they were served a ton of food the first time around and by the time I walked by again everyone had cleared their plates! I overestimated the number of people just in case and good thing I did because a lot of people even went back for seconds!

Profile Picture Brittany, 11/28/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, Cake Cutting, Hors d'oeuvres, Tastings

The food was delicious and the guests kept raving about it! Thank you Brad you made our day special.

Profile Picture Adam, 10/24/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Champagne Toast, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Vegetarian, American, Buffet, Server(s)

Staff was great. Good was excellent. They did a special plate for my sister who can't have cheese. They where on time with everything.

Profile Picture Tiffani, 10/17/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Plated, Server(s), Stations, American, Lactose Free, Champagne Toast

I used Special Moments for my wedding on May 2nd and I can't say enough amazing things about them. From the start, their service was top-notch. They were quick to respond to all of my emails, they were happy to set up a tasting with us (Which was both fun and tasty! We got to sit at a fancy table in the kitchen and meet the chef!) and they quickly sent over an invoice for us to review everything. We gave them our budget up front and they never tried to push us over that budget and did everything to create the very best value for our 200-guest wedding, even helping us find areas where we could save money.

I thought we knew what we wanted on our menu, but after going to our tasting, we came home with even more wonderful options and ideas! (Side note: the homemade meatballs and rosemary cheddar bread are AMAZING!) We opted for a very affordable Italian buffet which we decided was filling, would appeal to a large crowd and left more room in our budget for appetizers, which we loved at our tasting. We received numerous compliments on the food during the night and in the few weeks after the event.(Their staff also packed us up a box to take with us to the hotel that night AND packed up leftovers for our family to take home for a party we were hosting the next day!)

The service was perfect. They set up the tables just how my little OCD self wanted them set up. And they never gave me a hard time when I called them to explain exactly how I wanted each place setting to look (crazy bride alert!).

For the sake of full disclosure, I actually work in the wedding and event industry, so I have worked with many vendors in the industry in the past, including many caterers. But seeing things from the perspective of a bride, I had a much more critical perspective and I actually experienced things from the customer side. And as a bride and as a customer, I can honestly say that I think Special Moments is the best in the biz.

Profile Picture Kirsten, 5/2/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Since we had our first tasting at this venue , we were sold not only was the food great but so their presentation! The food at the wedding was just as good and the service was amazing they napkin color was wrong and they were still able to fix it 30 min before the wedding ! Their staff was very attentive to us, the only thing I wished was if our plates were boxed up to go, I was really looking forward to my last slice of meat and my chicken lol, but the did give us a take home snack filled with cheese and chocolate covered strawberries, so that was sweet.

Profile Picture Maryem, 4/26/15, 11 Reviews
Category: Catering

If I could give them a billion stars, I absolutely would!

Special Moments catered our wedding on May 8, 2015, at the air force museum in Mesa. They were a recommended vendor and had worked at the venue before, so I decided to go with them after checking out some additional reviews.

First, I must say that their communication skills are excellent. I live in Dubai and planning a wedding halfway across the globe is stressful enough, as I can only communicate through email or through my sister who was local. Brad, Michelle and their team were prompt and clear with their communication.

Unfortunately, I couldn't be present to do a tasting, so my sister went with her 5 year old daughter and her friend. My sister was thoroughly impressed by the presentation of the tasting - the chef even made child sized portions for my niece. It was a very kind and thoughtful touch. The food was all delicious when I finally got to try it.

I came into Phoenix about 9 months before the wedding and finally met with Michelle. She was so interested in our theme (vintage air travel) and wanted to match the buffet tables to our decor. I met her again just a week before the wedding to get some last minute details in. I was impressed by her desire to match the decor.

On the day of the event, I was met by Dan who was in charge of the staff for the evening. Dan was amazing - he ensured we received our plated meals as well as wrapping up all the leftover food and sending it home with my family. The staff even folded up my ceremony chairs afterthe ceremony! I would have never asked them to do it however, they were happy to pitch in without even being asked.

All the staff were kind and helpful, and Dan was great - he kept communication open with me throughout the whole day.

Thank you so much Special Moments! Your staff definitely helped make our day very special.

Profile Picture Jessika, 4/10/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Special Moments was amazing to work with on our wedding day! The owner himself handled all of the details! We were very pleased with the service and professionalism from him and his staff! Only little hiccup we had was our guest count changed at the last minute ! He accommodated it perfectly! There is always so much going on that day and I didn't have to worry about a thing! The quality of food was really amazing and extremely tasty? chef Michael is a solid 10!

Profile Picture Katrina, 3/29/15, 3 Reviews
4.7

Michelle is great to work with and the food is a great value and amazing!

Profile Picture Morgan, 2/28/15, 6 Reviews
2.9

Special Moments was professional and the process leading up to planning was fine. We even paid them and extra $1,000 for 2 extra servers. However, the day of the wedding did not go as planned. The food was over cooked, they did not refill any drinks, the buffet line moved slowly and took 2 hours for the whole wedding to get food and guests had to go out of their way to get the servers attention. Not worth it...

Profile Picture Tiffany, 2/28/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

FANTASTIC staff! they were very accommodating and so incredibly kind. They focused on serving us as clients rather than our event - it made it much more personable.
thank you!

Profile Picture User4124670, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering

Hiring Special Moments for our wedding was the best catering decision we could have made. They were really pleasant, organized and efficient. Everything was set up perfectly and the food was delicious.

They planned with us at a distance all of the time, because we live in Chicago and our wedding was there in Arizona. They were really responsive both in email and phone. Since the first beginning they were really open and they offered really creative ideas to follow our bugdet while keeping the things we wanted. We had a pasta station that we could choose between different kinds of pasta, sauces and ingredients, and everyone loved it. They also kept a cute vintage look to match with the decoration, and their professionalism made the food a complete success.

We want to do a special thank you to Brad that was our contact and definitely made his best to make our day so special. We could see in his face that he really loves what he does and that makes all the difference. If you are looking for a company to cater your wedding with amazing food, look no further.

Profile Picture layla, 11/15/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

Special Moments did a fantastic job for us in the most difficult of circumstances. It absolutely poured the day of our wedding, which unfortunately resulted in several last minute changes to what we had originally planned. Special Moments was extremely accommodating with these changes, and endured the rain and cold to ensure that our guests received a hot meal. The Marsala wine sauce was too light so the chicken was a little dry. Other than that, the food was excellent! We highly recommend Special Moments Catering!

Profile Picture Amy, 3/1/14, 10 Reviews
Category: Catering

I was very happy with Special Moments as the caterer for our wedding. Michelle was very responsive and patient with our many, many questions. Everything went perfectly the day of our wedding and the food was delicious. We went with a buffet of chicken marsala and cranberry stuffed pork. During the tasting, the marsala was our favorite and while it was good at the reception, the winner was the cranberry pork! It was even better than it was at our tasting and we received many compliments on it from our guests. They gave us a plate of cheese, crackers, and chocolate-dipped strawberries to take with us after we left, and that came in very handy the next morning (we both finished off our plates of food during the reception instead of running around). Their prices are very fair and they are flexible and easy to work with. I want more of that cranberry pork....

Profile Picture Laura, 12/21/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

The food provided was delicious and the serving staff that worked our wedding were professional, so accommodating and very kind. They made the night that much better and our guests commented on how courteous the serving staff was. The food was nicely presented and even better tasted amazing. The coffee bar was a great addition to everything we had. I would definitely recommend this company in the future.

Profile Picture Billie Jo, 10/25/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Special moments catering did such an awesome job on mine and my husbands wedding on March 22, 2013 @ Noahs in Chandler. The food we ordered was delivered hot fresh and was delicious! I would highly recommend Special moments to anyone planning on getting married. The food was great and delivered just as promised!! Thank you so much for making our wedding the most special day of our lives!!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Lindsay, 3/22/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Special Moments has great food, great service and they are very professional. I worked with Brad during all the planning and he was beyond helpful. I probably had a million questions and he was patient and kind during the entire process. I probably tasted more food during the tastings than on my actual wedding day (I was too excited to eat!), but I can tell you that the food is the best you're going to find, especially for the price. I would recommend Special Moments to any bride :)

Profile Picture Sheena, 10/25/12, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering

One word...DELICIOUS. If I had to pick a few more words, I'd choose satisfying, unique, mouth-watering!

Special Moments was the preferred vendor at our reception site, Villa Tuscana. After taste testing their food and working closely with the people, I can clearly see why. There are so many great choices for entrees and side dishes. For our 150 person wedding, they let us choose two main dishes and serve them in half portions which meant that everyone got to try both entrees! We picked two sides as well and also a salad. There was so much food that people were actually able to go up for seconds! That never happens at weddings.

One of the things people enjoyed most about our wedding was the food. I think so many people are used to getting served mediocre meals at weddings that when they tasted what Special Moments had to offer, they were blown out of the water.

Thank you, Special Moments, for adding to the joy of our wedding day!

Profile Picture Tricia, 6/9/12, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering

We had so many compliments on our wedding food. Catering was included in our wedding package from Villa Tuscana, and we enjoyed the variety of entrees offered by Special Moments. Everyone raved about the puff pastry beef and chipotle sauce. The food was warm and tasted exactly like it did at our tasting. I would definitely recommend them.

Profile Picture Amanda, 5/11/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

I used this caterer through Villa Tuscana reception hall. They did a fabulous job. There was a variety to choose from and the menu was exactly what I requested. Some of my guests said it was the best wedding food they'd had!

Profile Picture Tina, 3/24/12, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering

Special Moments has great food, great service and a fantastic attitued at working with (crazy) brides!! They provided us with two antipasto trays for when we were at our venue getting ready - and they tasted amazing. Our appetizers were served right on time during cocktail hour. Our salads were already plated when we all came into the reception, and they plated my meal and my husbands so we would have time to eat while everyone else went through the buffet line. They worked with our schedule and service was seamless... I didn't even realize they were there - which is a good thing! I definitely recommend using Special Moments!

Profile Picture Andrea, 3/10/12, 5 Reviews
2.6

We chose Special Moments to be our wedding caterers. Leading up to our wedding, we were very happy with our communication with the company. We went in twice for different tasting options as we were unsure what we wanted and needed another opinion. The staff was very friendly and accommodating and never made us feel uncomfortable. However during the wedding, The service staff appeared completely lost. As the bride, I had to get up several times and direct the service staff to my guests who ordered special plates. Prior to the wedding I sent over a seating chart so that there wouldn't be any miscommunication. I was very irritated to spend my dinner hour getting up and redirecting both my guests and the staff.
In addition, we were promised that the caterer would prepare a special plate for us to be in our get-a-way car. That way, we would have an option to eat later if needed. Since I was too consumed with directing the staff during dinner, I didn't eat. I remember thinking that it would be fine because my plate would be packed in the limo and I'd eat later. Unfortunately, we never got our plates packed and therefore I left my wedding starving. It was so annoying.
Because of the incidents at the wedding I would NOT recommend Special Moments. I had been very pleased with their staff prior to the wedding, but it was just a complete disaster at my wedding.

Profile Picture Bethany, 12/18/11, 3 Reviews