41 Reviews for Special Hair Style

Haircuts (1)
Keratin Treatment (1)
Textured Styling (1)
Airbrush Makeup (1)

Wendy was wonderful! I used for for my wedding hair and all my bridesmaids and mom and mother in law and grandmas hair. She and her partner did a great job with everyone and made me feel very comfortable and excited with my hair! She was very easy to work with, listened to what I wanted and clearly knew what she was doing! I highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Emily, 8/19/18, 10 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

A friend recommended Wendy to me and I am so happy she did! I can’t say enough about how amazing she and team were to work with. I wasnt 100% sure what I wanted for my hair and makeup, and Wendy was able to offer some amazing suggestions during my trial that turned out absolutely beautifully. On the day of the wedding the team was able to do hair and makeup for eight bridesmaids and two moms in plenty of time, and their work was simply flawless. Also, It was incredibly hot and humid on our wedding day and everyone’s hair and makeup lasted all night. I couldn’t have been happier with the result! Highly recommend Wendy For any bride - she was a dream and everyone looked gorgeous!

Profile Picture SALLY, 8/11/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Group Discounts, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling

I could not be happier with Special Hair Style. Wendy did a phenomenal job on wedding up-dos for myself, my two bridesmaids, and the mothers of the bride and groom! She is so nice, professional, and extremely talented, and I would highly recommend her to anyone for their big day.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 8/4/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Wendy and her crew were AMAZING! Not only was she able to fit me in last minute, she was super responsive, and very flexible. She was able to in in two of my bridesmaids that wanted their make-up done last minute! She is very professional and sweet. I will be recommending her to everyone!

Profile Picture Kristin, 7/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Wendy is seriously one of the sweetest people I have ever met! Not only that, she is extremely talented, and knows how to work with all different types of hair. I was in a MAJOR time crunch before my wedding because I originally was going to book hair with a friend of a friend (trying to get a deal, because you know, everything with wedding planning is SUPER expensive). After two trials with my original hair stylist, I felt so down and stressed. She hadn't understood my vision for how I wanted to look, and worse, I felt like she had a hard time working with my thick long hair. With 6 weeks until my wedding, I turned to Wedding Wire and hoped to find another stylist with availability for my big day. Long shot, I know. I was in luck when Wendy answered my SOS. It was the only weekend she had open, and I think sensing my distress, she was eager to help. I must commend her too, for answering all my emails so quickly. Not all of my wedding vendors were so responsive!! My trial went perfectly, and I even cried, when I saw Wendy's amazing work. She took the time to talk to me, and go through hair pictures, and pictures of my dress. She understood the style I wanted, and brought it to life before my eyes. I didn't even need to go through any other styles, and I (of course) booked her immediately! SHE SAVED MY WEDDING! Seriously though, she traveled to my hotel on the day of, arrived on time, and worked with my three bridesmaids, two mothers, and myself. This included one Asian woman with fine hair, a redhead with fine hair, and three women with thick frizzy hair. She even impressed my "hard-to-please" mother in law, who still raves about her hair on my wedding day. All in all, Wendy was so easy to work with, she was flexible, responsive, and generally a wonderful, pleasant person. She brought my stress level down ten fold, and I cannot recommend her enough! Thank you Wendy for helping me last minute, for sharing your talent, and just generally being a sweet person!

Profile Picture Michelle , 6/30/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I got my hair and makeup done by Wendy for my wedding this past weekend. She showed up early to not only work on me, but also a number of my bridesmaid. I had showed her a photo of what I was looking for for my bridesmaid and myself. She put her own twist in it to make it more "trendy" and it came out beautiful! I heard so many compliments on how pretty, elegant, and classic all of our hairs look, and that goes for make up as well. She was also able to squeeze in a last minute request for make up for someone I originally didn't plan. Our hair and make up lasted all night long and stayed in place, which I was very impressed on! I definitely made the right choice by booking Wendy for my special event!

Profile Picture Yvette, 6/9/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Wendy was fantastic! I live in Boston, MA, so I wasn't able to schedule a trial. Nor were any of my bridesmaids, as they all live outside of the northern Virginia area. However, Wendy and her team did an amazing job with all of my bridesmaids. We sent her hairstyle ideas about a month before the wedding and asked for more of a natural look with the makeup. All the girls looked stunning! They were all incredibly happy with their look, and I LOVED mine!

I highly recommend Wendy to any bride looking for an affordable and outstanding stylist.

Profile Picture Amber, 5/19/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Group Discounts, Hair, Licensed, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Textured Styling, Updos/Styling, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup

I’ve never felt prettier! The trial run was so easy, she was very responsive and listened to everything I wanted, and even though I didn’t give her too much of an idea of what I wanted, she still gave me exactly what I had in mind. The day of the wedding her and her assistant were very professional, on time, and were genuinely excited to be there. Everything came out exactly as I hoped and my husband even noticed how good everyone looked!

Profile Picture Wysteria, 3/31/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Wendy is incredible! She is extremely talented at what she does and was gracious about making changes when I changed my mind about a couple of things. She did hair styling for myself, my sister, mother, and MIL for my wedding in November and everyone was incredibly happy with her work. No one wanted to wash their hair after the event because they loved their hair so much! Nadia provided makeup for these three as well as three of my friends and her work was equally flawless. Wendy airbrushed mine and, again, it came out wonderfully. It was incredibly cold and windy the day of our wedding, and naturally we wanted outdoor pictures, but not one hair or one eyelash moved during these photos. Everything was flawless and beautiful and on time! I am so happy I found Wendy and Special Hair Style!

Profile Picture Carolyn, 12/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Wendy and her team made my day incredible. From the very first planning email (I was an out-of-town bride), I felt like I didn't need to stress over what I was going to look like. Everyone who was having their hair and make-up done had the opportunity to send in pictures of themselves and their preferred stylings to give the team ample time to make sure each look would fit the style of the wedding and each individual. My day-of stylist was Jackie and I cannot rave about her enough. She worked as hard at my trial as she did the day of my wedding, making sure each strand and fly away was in it's rightful place. My photographer even moved us around while she was doing my hair, turning off all of the lights completely at times to get the shot he wanted. Jackie remained professional and rolled with it. I felt as if the entire team really had a vested interest in making everyone look their very best and was excited to be there celebrating with us.

Profile Picture Kristen, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Wendy and her helper were amazing! Wendy is very responsive and wonderful to work with. She's always very responsive and sends appointment confirmations and reminders. I love to continue working with her going forward since she offers other hair and beauty services that are not necessarily wedding related.

I highly recommend working with Wendy! She did an amazing job with my wedding hair and my bridesmaids looked great as well.

Profile Picture User7844421, Recently Married, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Wendy was very kind, punctual, responsive, and talented. She did a very great job with our hair on my wedding day. My bridesmaids all loved their hair and when she was finished with mine everyone was very happy. She did a really good job and she is professional. I would hire her again!

Profile Picture Sofia, 9/30/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Unique Services (Other)

Wendy is wonderful and talented. During the trial, I gave her pictures of the hair styles that I liked and she was able to come up with the perfect twist for me. She and her assistant patiently worked through the seven of us on the day of the wedding, even finishing ahead of schedule. Wendy responds to emails right away and are so flexible with any changes. One of the great vendors that made our wedding day go smoothly.

Profile Picture Silvia, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Wendy was perfect! She did both my hair and make-up for my wedding. I absolutely loved the way she made me feel and look! It was light and comfortable, and most importantly, it was all exactly what I wanted. Wendy was also very responsive to my concerns, questions, and ideas. She is an absolute pro, and made me feel Gorgeous! I was lucky to find her, and as I'm not based locally in the area where we had our wedding, it was also so great that she was both very responsive to emails and phone calls, and very flexible with scheduling.

Profile Picture Kat, 9/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Wendy was so great with both the hair and the makeup! I showed her a picture and she recreated it exactly. My hair and makeup stayed perfect throughout the entire evening. All of my bridesmaids were more than satisfied with their hair and makeup. I would highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 5/27/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I looked fabulous! I mean.....I looked really great and as someone who thinks the hairband on her wrist is being "stylish", I looked wonderful. And most importantly, they made us feel comfortable and happy. My bridesmaids and I are low-key gals so we wanted something special but not over the top. Through a combination of braids, bobby pins and lots of product, we looked like those fabulous celebrities who have their hair casually thrown up into a glamorous style.

Our makeovers were stunning as well. I know that my bridesmaid's three sons (18, 20, 22) were like, "Mom--you look fabulous! So glam!!!". And nobody believed that gorgeous woman had three grown sons. And despite typical Virginia May humidity, I stayed perfect all day. (One note: how good was my hair? It remained perfect THROUGHOUT THE CONVERTIBLE RIDE HOME AT THE END OF THE EVENING)

Work with Special Hair Style. They make you as special as you truly are. :-)

Profile Picture Shannon, 5/14/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists

Wendy and her team are amazing. I loved the trial run which was done at her salon, and they traveled to our hotel for the actual day of which was super convenient. Her team was professional and did a fabulous job with hair and make up for all of the bridesmaids and myself. Everyone loved their hair and make up and it lasted all day! Thank you Wendy for making us look beautiful!!!

Profile Picture Pam, 5/13/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I was extremely happy with the service. Wendy made my hair look super full and the curls lasted the entire day. My mom, cousin, and flower girl looked amazing. The fact that she came to my house, on time, on one of the iciest mornings in December, makes her the best!
So glad I chose her for my bridal hair.

Profile Picture User7738062, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I would like to give a review to Wendy and let everyone know that she is amazing. She's very professional. The day of my wedding she did an amazing job, she took care of my hair and make-up and I was 100% satisfy with her job.

Profile Picture Jessica, 11/10/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Wendy did a great job! Love how she was able to work with everyone even of unplanned make up that she did for one of my family members.

Profile Picture Perla, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Wendy was so great. From the hair trial to the wedding day she was such a pleasure. She knew exactly what I wanted for my wedding day and executed it perfectly. I can't say enough how beautiful all my bridesmaids hair looked, even through the rainy day we had!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 10/8/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I loved having Wendy, Jackie, and Dina as part of my wedding day! I met with Wendy for my hair trial and loved how well she responded to my ideas and ran with them to create something beautiful. She worked with me to make sure I had the style I wanted. Wendy had a wedding already scheduled the same day as mine but was so willing and flexible to squeeze me in early! Jackie and Dina took care of the bridesmaids and made sure everyone was looking their best! Wendy even had us send photos before hand so they could make sure they were prepared for all the styles that were requested. I would definitely recommend Special Hair Style to anyone! Thanks Wendy!!!

Profile Picture Erin, 10/1/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Wendy and her helpers did my bridal and bridesmaids hair this saturday, September 24, 2016. They were absolutely amazing! Everyone's hair turned out perfect and lasted all night long! Thanks Wendy! :)

Profile Picture Joanna, 9/24/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Hair

Wendy she is amazing I am "HIGHLY RECOMMENDED" to a bride who want to look beautiful and the price is affordable!!! I like the way that she do my makeup it's not too much and it's not too little also it's stay last long untill the end of the wedding. And my hair look so...so good i love them and everybody love them too she is professional!!! I hired her to do my hair and makeup for $345 on site (bride only) I love you Wendy

Profile Picture Piangpit, 7/16/16, 1 Review