Spangler Entertainment Reviews

67 | Nashville, TN

67 Reviews for Spangler Entertainment

1 User photo

Susan · Married on 07/31/2011

Spangler Entertainment is the best. I rate them a 5 star Entertainment Group. They know how to get a party started and keep it going. We used their services for a wedding reception. And everyone had a great time. I look forward to having another event in order to use them.

Sent on 08/13/2011

Amanda · Married on 05/29/2011

Spangler Entertainment was great. Becky was awesome during the whole process, from the first meeting to pretty much planning out our night for us. I feel like she kept me really organized. Plus the DJS were great and helped out with other things like moving tables and carrying drinks.. that was definitely going above and beyond.

Sent on 06/20/2011

Jessica · Married on 05/07/2011

So professional! I have been to 4 weddings this year plus my own, and we had the best DJ by far. Never too involved or not involved enough. Our DJ was able to continue the energy and momentum of the reception so we and our friends/ family kept dancing throughout the night! There was never a lull. Great website options to select your songs ahead of time. They played an awesome mix and handled night of requests well. We loved getting to work with Spangler as well since they were so prepared ahead of time. They provided our other vendors such as our photographer and caterer with an updated timeline which was super helpful to guarantee we got great shots of all of the important events!

Sent on 06/18/2011

Jessica · Married on 08/21/2010

Spangler was an AMAZING vendor. Becky Spangler was such a pleasure to work with and was super easy! She always got back to me within the hour usually! Our DJ was David- he was AMAZING! I had numerous people ask about him and spangler. They were on time, professional and a joy to work with!!

Sent on 11/02/2010
  • U

Allison · Married on 07/10/2010

I had heard about Spangler Entertainment and the fantastic events they had hosted long before I called them about my wedding. I soon discovered that all of the great reviews from friends who had used their company were more than true! The company is extremely professional and knows how to cater to the wishes of the bride! Spangler Entertainment was extremely helpful in all of our personal planning meetings, and they ensured that all of the music that my (now) husband and I wanted was in the set list. The online music selection for reception dance music was especially helpful, as my husband and I could go online and select music to fit our separate tastes when our schedules allowed (as we live apart due to his active military status and my full-time graduate student status). Their services at our wedding were flawless: They arrived on time and were set-up extremely efficiently. The music that was played was exactly what we had requested, and our MC for the evening kept the flow of the evening with humor and flair! His assistant for the evening was extremely nice, and ensured that while our MC was talking, she was preparing the next song. I would definitely recommend Spangler Entertainment for any DJ or music needs for your wedding or next event!

Sent on 07/26/2010

Rebecca · Married on 12/06/2008

I used a cellist from Spangler to do my ceremony music and it was beautiful! All I had to do was choose a few songs for the big moments and she took care of the rest- very stress free!

Sent on 07/15/2009

Katie · Married on 08/16/2008

Spangler Entertainment was very great to work with. The DJs were very friendly and even got out on the dance floor and showed my guests how to do the Cupid Shuffle. They were very professional and I highly recommend them.

Sent on 08/26/2008

Susan · Married on 06/21/2008

Spangler Entertainment was GREAT! We felt very secure that they would do a great job---so we weren't nervous about them as DJs! They were very professional, extremely helpful during the reception (creating an order of events, organizing different aspects of the reception, etc.). They were far more than "just a guy with some DJ equipment" as we have seen others use.

Sent on 09/20/2008

Paige · Married on 11/17/2007

Spangler Entertainment was the BEST!!! They are SO professional and are WAY more than a DJ!! They actually make your wedding reception fun and run very smooth! They played the songs that I selected from their website and even met with me a month before to help me plan the reception!! They are wonderful!!! I hightly recommend them!!

Sent on 10/04/2008

Renee · Married on 04/22/2006

These guys were the best vendor we had for our wedding. They delivered on promises, they were promt and were very reasonably priced. Anyone who uses them will not be disappointed.

Sent on 07/31/2008

They were amazing at my Reception. They helped set up the toasting flutes, cake cutting, and several other things so we didn't have to worry! They informed us when special dances were coming up and if needed we could postpone them a song or two to do other things. They helped lead guests through dances like the electric slide. They even helped with some of the clean up which definately wasn't required. They made our day amazing.
    We had dance floor lighting, up lighting, and spotlight on our cake as well as dj service with all the music we asked for!

Sent on 09/26/2015

Cody L. · Married on 08/24/2019

Courteous & Laid Back

They were very courteous and easy to work with.

Sent on 09/02/2019

Kelsey · Married on 12/17/2011

Great, professional people. Really worked with us to find out what our vision was for our day.

Sent on 01/18/2012

S · Married on 09/16/2006

Spangler Entertainment was extremely professional. From the initial consultation through the last person left dancing, top notch! Because we wanted to be, we were extremely involved in each and every music selection, timelines for first dance, etc. We personalized our reception with alot of traditions from Polish to a military tribute. Spangler respected and honored all of our requests and adhered to our timeline! My husband is indirectly in the music industry & was very particular on quality of sound, equipment, lighting, etc. Spangler was able to deliver! Highly recommend!

Sent on 08/31/2008

Erin · Married on 11/08/2008

4.2

We were very pleased with Spangler Entertainment and would recommend them to anyone in the Nashville area seeking out a DJ service

Sent on 08/17/2010

Amy · Married on 04/18/2009

2.2
      1.5
      3.5
      1.0

I loved basically all of my vendors, but I was extremely disappointed in Spangler. When my husband and me first met Becky, she was very professional and obviously knew what she was talking about. I saw her a few times at bridal shows after we had hired her, and she was pretty cold towards me, even after I re-introduced myself as one of her clients. Come time to picking songs, they had fantastic selections and even better suggestions.

My big issue came on the wedding day. We had told our DJ that our song list is just a guide and we will accept all guest requests (minus about 3 songs). During the ceremony, one of my girlfriends had put in a request, and our DJ scoffed at her and said, "yeah, OK" to her request in a very degrading tone. After she came and told me this, I approached the DJ and told him that we had stated in our contract that we will allow all guest requests. To his he answered, "Well, since you're the bride, I'll play it." This had really upset me. It was as though they were going off their own ideas of the music that should have been played. The way I saw it is if a guest wants to hear a certain song, then that group of people will be up dancing to it, and lots of dancing makes for a great party.

Make sure you're specific withe your DJ.

Sent on 07/07/2009

Angela · Married on 08/12/2006

1.4
      0.0
      0.0
      2.0

Planning with this company was actually really great. She sat down with us for a long time working through all the details, filling out work sheets, etc. I had no anxiety about the DJ at all. Then the reception happened and I was devastated by the lack of the professionalism of the DJs that were there. The DJ approached me on at least 8 occasions asking me questions about what to do when, what to play for certain things, etc. I am not sure what the point of filling out all those worksheets and writing down all the details was if they were not going to consult them during the reception!
    This would not have been sooo bad, if they had not violated some very specific requests I had. We hired them because they promised to fulfill these requests. We wanted them to stick to a list of songs that they could play (in any order). They were to take NO requests from the guests either. They played at least 4 songs that were not on the list and took two requests. I was so livid during the reception. Then they lost the song that was to be played during the bouqet toss. During our first dance, the speakers were messed up and it was hard to hear the song.
    Then, they had the audacity to have me fill out a satisfaction form DURING the reception. When we complained after the wedding, they said they would look into it, but they believed they did nothing wrong. They SAY they guarantee their services, but when it comes down to it, the owners believe their DJs over you and your guests. We got no apology and no kind of refund.
    They are one of the most expensive services in town and I would stay FAR away!

Sent on 10/21/2007