Spags Music Weddings Reviews

84 | San Diego, CA

84 Reviews for Spags Music Weddings

1 User photo

Spags Music Weddings 1

I am an event planner, and hired Jennifer for my clients wedding on April 5th. She was outstanding!! She is incredibly talented. Jennifer is also flexible and easy to work with. I can't wait to use her again.

Sent on 04/14/2014

Erin Marie · Married on 03/08/2014

I found Jennifer four days before our wedding.

We planned our wedding around the availability one very talented and professional DJ/emcee/electrical violinist. Unfortunately, he had an accident four days before our wedding leaving him unable to play the violin.

I thought for sure with only a few days until the wedding I would be hard pressed to find a replacement. Spags however, returned my panicked call within a few hours and told me not to worry that she would be at the wedding and reassured me that everything would be fine. She was right. Everything was perfect.
    Spags far exceeded my expectations. She is professional, talented, beautiful and a true entertainer. Everyone commented that she was their favorite part of our reception.

I highly recommend Spags. I am confident that she would be an excellent choice for any event. Our wedding was a mixed demographic and both the old and young appreciated her performance.

We planned our wedding on a modest budget. We decided to forgo a lot of extras. The live entertainment portion was most important to us. It proved to be amazing and added elegance to our wedding.

I have nothing but exceptional things to say about Spags and plan to use her again.

Sent on 03/11/2014

KENNY · Married on 02/08/2014

We found Jennifer through a simple Google search and we are so glad that we did. From the moment that we spoke with Jennifer on the phone, we knew that we had found the perfect artist for our ceremony. A few weeks later, we met in person. Jennifer really listed to our ideas and provided some great input.

We used Jennifer for both our ceremony as well as our cocktail reception.
    That day was magical and Jennifer was a huge part of it. We had so many friends and family compliment Jennifer and what a great job she did. We would HIGHLY recommend Jennifer Spagnola to anyone who is looking for a truly spectacular musician!

Sent on 02/25/2014

Maggie · event on 12/12/2013

The event I hosted was for our company holiday party in 2013 in which I bought out a 3-level venue in Gaslamp, San Diego. The theme for the event was "Hollywood for the Holidays" and while I had a DJ for the first 2-levels, I brought in Spags for the rooftop entertainment. This allowed me to provide an entirely different event experience for our wide guest demographic (over 600 guests overall).

Needless to say, the majority of the guests couldn't stay away from the rooftop. Spags was an absolute HIT and like no other type of entertainer I've hired. Her personal appearance is top-notch, her ability to interact with guests and get them engaged is brilliant, her talent is unique and off the charts... overall, she floored my guests!

I will be bringing her back for events and highly recommend her if you are looking to 'WOW' your guests!

Sent on 03/04/2014

chunky · Married on 10/26/2013

Wow!!! What an incredible performance! Jennifer played the electric violin at our daughter's wedding ceremony and cocktail reception-- everyone has commented on how amazing she was! Thanks!!!

Sent on 11/02/2013

Leah · Married on 08/03/2013

Looking back, hiring Spags to perform at my destination wedding at the Farm at Old Edwards Inn and Spa was the best decision I could have made; she was the ultimate addition to an unforgettable night!

I was researching various wedding performers on YouTube when I can across a clip of Spags playing with a DJ at a fashion show, and from that moment on I knew that she was just what I wanted to help spice up my reception. Little did I know, she would be able to do so much more and would become one of the focal points of the wedding. She started the evening by playing a mix of classical music (that I had hand selected) while my guests were arriving, the processional, and my wedding march. Next she swiftly relocated to our cocktail hour spot where she performed along to the instrumental versions of my favorite pop songs while strolling through the crowd (in the grass, in heels – incredible!). At this point our guests were already wowed, and with her upbeat music everyone was ready to start the party by the time our doors opened for the reception. Later in the evening Spags returned to do impromptu sets with the DJ, and percussionist playing right in the middle of our dance floor. Spags was highly professional and easy to work with, going above and beyond to coordinate with the other musician and DJ prior to the event. We feel so lucky that she was able to make the cross country trip from L.A. to Highlands, NC, and would hire her again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 11/22/2013

Barbara · Married on 06/08/2013

Search no further. If you want an approachable, professional, expert, edgy, yet classy performer, hire "Spags". My husband and I got married in June in San Diego and after searching and contacting at least 4 other violinists (there are only a handful in Southern CA who play contemporary music), going with Spags was a no-brainer. Although we were only a couple of months away from our special day, we sent her an email and she replied the next day. This already said a lot to us as it showed that she takes every inquiry seriously, even though she's very popular and performs in various types of events. We then spoke to her over the phone as we had some questions and it felt as if we had known her for a long time. She's truly down-to-earth even though she's renown in her field (with reason :).

And that was only the beginning. She provides you with a large music selection and is also flexible: you can request for her to play a specific song as long as it's done in advance. Last but not least, she's not only a violinist- she's a true performer. She plays with such emotion and somehow interacts with the crowd at the same time; our guests kept commenting on how amazing and graceful she was and continue to do so up until this day.

We can't thank Spags enough for making our cocktail hour so enjoyable and trendy. ;) Jennifer- you created a whole new style of entertainment. You're the greatest! Thank you for impressing us with your amazing talent and making all our guests so happy! With love, Barbs and Jerome

Sent on 01/01/2014
  • Julia

Julia · Married on 09/30/2012

Spags performed for us during the pre-ceremony, ceremony, and I believe cocktail hour. She was amazing! My husband and I are big gamers and she incorporated a bunch of fantasy movie/video game themes that we requested. We loved her. My guests loved her and still talk about it today (more than a year after the wedding).

Sent on 03/01/2014

Unbelievable!! People keep raving about how amazing she was!!

Having an electric violinist added a unique twist to the typical live music at a ceremony. She is so talented that people were truly in awe listening to her.

She can play classical music, or music people recognize. She played songs like "Faithfully" and "At last" before the ceremony, and then played more of top 40-type music for our cocktail hour--everyone loved it!

My only regret is that we did not discover her before we had hired our DJ for the reception! We wished we could have had her performing for our entire wedding and reception!

Sent on 09/02/2012

Carlos · Married on 08/11/2012

Jennifer is AMAZING!!! she went above and beyond and far exceeded all of our expectations. She is a true professional and just a great person to be around. I am very thankful and feel honored to have had her provide the entertainment for my wedding. She made an amazing night that much better.

Sent on 08/13/2013

Arianna · Married on 08/11/2012

Jennifer is AMAZING! We are very happy we had the opportunity to have her on our special day. She can play anything you want and she knows how to do it well!. I LOVE her.

Sent on 01/14/2014

cynthia · Married on 08/10/2012

We chose Jennifer to play at our wedding ceremony because she has that gift of excellent musicianship and intuition. We wanted to set the tone and prepare our guests with an atmosphere of intimacy and love and Jennifer's music did just that. Our guests were blown away and wanted to know how we found her. Jennifer is easy to work with, extremely professional from start to finish, and is hip. She knows her stuff and can customize music for your wedding. Her assistant, Chrissy was a joy to work with, very responsive, pleasant, and professional. They make a great team. I do business with them again in a second!!

Sent on 08/17/2012

Diane · Married on 06/16/2012

The music Jennifer provided at our wedding was amazingly beautiful and we feel very fortunate to have had her as our wedding musician. Jennifer played for 30 minutes pre-ceremony, during the ceremony then for 2 hours following. We chose specific music for each part and she was very flexible and agreeable to providing exactly what we wanted. She was perfect! Her website is excellent. On her website you can see her extensive song list and videos so you know exactly what her music sounds like and how she performs. I also appreciated how responsive and timely she was via e-mail since throughout my planning I was working full-time with a busy schedule and through e-mail we were able to arrange all of the detail. We had perfect weather for our outdoor June wedding and while our guests were enjoying conversation, cocktails and hors d’oeuvres they were treated to her concert like music. We are not exaggerating when we say that everyone at our wedding complimented us on our choice of a violinist. She was new and different and helped to set the tone for our very memorable and beautiful wedding. We highly recommend Spags Music . Thank you Jennifer!

Sent on 07/20/2012
  • Josephine

Josephine · Married on 06/02/2012

We connected with Spags Music through our wedding coordinator and were so impressed with her musical stylings that we booked them immediately. Jennifer played the violin during the cocktail hour and throughout the reception. The saxophonist also played as well during the dancing portion. All of our friends and family kept telling us how much they loved the music and it really added to the mood of our reception. Our guests are a dancing bunch and I can honestly say the dance floor was never empty. I would highly recommend their services to anyone looking for unique sounds and talented musicians.

Sent on 06/19/2012

Elly · Married on 05/19/2012

Jennifer was absolutely amazing on our wedding day! From the beautiful classical music selection during the ceremony, to the Top 40 and R&B hits during the cocktail hour, to the contemporary love songs during the dinner, she awed our guests with her unbelievable performance on her violin! Jennifer topped off our special day strolling through the tables during dinner making for an elegant and over the top evening. Jennifer, we can not thank you enough! We wish the the very best in life and in your musical career. We will definetely keep in touch! God Bless!

Martin & Elly- Fresno CA

Sent on 05/24/2012

Happy · Married on 02/25/2012

Highly recommended! Very professional and I received good reviews from my guests as well.

Sent on 03/12/2012
  • F

Filippo · Married on 02/18/2012

We hired Jennifer as our violinist to play some background music during our procession and later at the cocktail reception. She was absolutely magnificent. We would recommend her to anyone for any event. Thank you Jennifer!!

Sent on 03/04/2012

Lynn · Married on 02/18/2012

Jennifer performed so beautifully at our wedding ceremony. Her prices are extremely reasonable and she even worked with me beforehand on my song selections. She also exchanged emails with my friend from Florida to coordinate a duet during the memorial candle lighting portion of our ceremony. I asked them to perform Josh Groban's "You Raise Me Up" and there was not a dry eye in the house!

Jennifer is not only talented and sweet, she is also gorgeous. She wore special attire I requested which tied into our wedding theme and it could not have been more perfect! I would not hesitate to recommend her again!

Sent on 05/18/2012

Matthew · Married on 10/28/2011

Hi All,

It's not hard to praise Jennifer's work (just listen!). I had known of Jennifer from prior engagements (playing Dave Matthews Band Cover's), as well as a through a holiday party (playing today's trendy tunes). As soon as my wife and I were engaged, we called Jennifer to play our ceremony & cocktail hour. Jennifer was always responsive to our suggestions and requests, and was always open and honest with her own. Additionally she arrived on time, setup was perfect and not one hitch on the sound!

Now getting past the generic response, let me just say this ...she was the talk of our wedding, EVERYONE loved the cocktail jams (which we let her run the show). During the ceremony she played the classical tunes (opening the ceremony > bride entrance) to perfection and even threw in a DMB tune for our exit!

She is an absolute professional who takes her trade seriously and executes in stride. Spend a few minutes listening to her music on the website, you will blown away; not only by the amount of music she can play (+ requests), but also by her natural talent.

It was a very unique experience for our wedding, and we are just looking for another excuse to have her come and play!

Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions!

Matthew & Ashley Taylor
    dmbtay@gmail.com

Sent on 02/22/2012

Alex · Married on 10/22/2011

Jennifer was amazing at our wedding, from playing at the church to starting the celebration with her jamming hip hop hits on her violin during our cocktail hour. All of our guest loved her performance and the energy that she brought just added to it.
    I highly recommend Jennifer for your wedding I promise she will make your wedding even more special, I know she did for us.

Sent on 08/13/2013

Karen · Married on 10/08/2011

Jennifer was absolutely amazing. Her sound was on point, she is adorable and a first class lady. She was open, friendly and all of our guest raved about her and that violin. She brought much joy to my daughter's Wedding Day. I highly recommend her.
    Jennifer from the bottom of our hearts, we so enjoyed you. Your originality, your personality and your smile and of-course your ability to play will be a lasting memory. Hope to see you again.
    Many Blessings
    From the Warmack/Fenn Wedding Family

Sent on 02/01/2012

Leah · Married on 09/10/2011

Jennifer was very flexible with time and place when we asked her to play during the Ceremony. She came completely prepared and played our music we requested in the order we asked. Our guests completely loved her. It made our ceremony special and intimate. She was also flexible with our budget and is very accommodating. I highly recommend Jennifer Spingola on any events and would hire her again on other events.

Sent on 01/02/2012

amberly · Married on 09/03/2011

My Husband and I were graced with the beauty and talent of Ms. Jennifer Spingola. We were so grateful to have her travel over 2 hours to be a part of our wedding providing our ceremony music and cocktail hour reception. Our wedding consisted of a blend of traditional Catholic, Rock and Pop songs which all were via Jennifer's talent and electric violin. I got so many compliments from our guests on how professional and friendly she was to everyone through the cocktail hour. She played a custom listed of songs that we loved and made sure we got exactly what we ever hoped for. I'm so happy Jennifer was a part of our wedding and we couldn't have selected a better musician and true artist to carry out our vision of our musical wishes for our wedding.

Sent on 10/20/2011

Leonard · Married on 07/30/2011

Wow, our wedding at the Burbank Castaway was beautiful. Jennifer made the process very simple. She even helped with song selections. Based upon our discussion with her, we totally trusted and went with her suggestions. We got some many compliment about her performance. She came early and set-up. She complimented our wedding with her style, music and beautifulness. We went with an R&B style, Luther Vandross / Alicia Keys. When my wife walked down the aisle, I cried because how perfectly Jennifer then played our song choice and it was just too surreal. thank you Jennifer. I would TOTALLY RECOMMEND Jennifer for any wedding or occassions .... we may just hire her for a party or anything else just to hear her play the violin again.

Sent on 08/10/2011

Casey · Married on 05/21/2011

I expected great things from Jennifer, she blew us all away with her talent! The music she selected for our Celtic wedding was incredible, unique, and fit perfectly. Other guests at the boutique hotel in Tucson came out to listen to her and were commenting how wonderful she was. She was great to work with, very professional, but when you get down to it, exceptionally gifted. She was tremendous!

Sent on 05/25/2011