Southwind Hills Reviews

Southwind Hills 7
  • Makenzy

Makenzy Sanders · Getting married on 04/08/2020

Overwhelmingly Blessed by Southwind Hills

As soon as you walk into the doors of Southwind Hills you immediately feel cherished, loved, adored and special. Their entire team is full of completely joyful spirits. They truly are excited to celebrate you, and do everything in their power to make your experience absolutely perfect. Their wedding coordinators are the sweetest and most genuine souls you will ever meet. They selflessly and happily tend to your every need, even when you do not realize it is happening. Their floral department has a gifted touch of putting together the most beautiful arrangements of blooms that you ever have seen. They make your wedding vision come to life on an extraordinary level! The catering staff at Southwind Hills truly creates the greatest food you will ever eat in your life! I still dream about the overwhelmingly delicious meal we had at our wedding! Their food brings you complete happiness through its pure perfection. Best of all, the owners of Southwind Hills are the most compassionate and generous individuals you will ever encounter. They truly have hearts of gold, and only care for bringing joy into the lives of others. Their mission and message radiates through their phenomenal staff and breath taking venue. The experience Southwind Hills gives you is more than just a perfect wedding day. They leave an impression on your heart through their genuine love and selflessness. They are a bright light that leaves you wanting to love others in the same way they loved you. There is no other place and no other team like Southwind Hills. We are beyond grateful for how they blessed our lives.

Sent on 10/04/2019
    Southwind Hills 12
    Southwind Hills 13
  • Kacie

Kacie · Married on 10/13/2018

An absolute DREAM venue for your perfect wedding!

From the moment we walked into Southwind Hills, we knew it was 'The One.' My husband and I were looking for a venue that wasn't just 'beautiful' (which Southwind Hills is BEYOND BEAUTIFUL), but a place that we felt fit our personalities and styles. Every last detail at Southwind Hills is beautiful and intentional.

Our wedding coordinator, Christy, did a phenomenal job planning our short (five month) engagement. Nothing felt rushed, she went above and beyond to answer our questions, and she had every last detail covered. Their team goes above and beyond to help bring your dream wedding to life.

The food is incredible and makes my mouth water just thinking of it! Just like the rest of the Southwind team, the on-site caterer is an expert, and every dish we tasted was truly fine dining. Our guests are still talking about how great the food tasted.

The bar tenders were fun and friendly, and the DJ that the venue recommended gave us and our guests the best dance party of our lives.

The honeymoon cottage is such a thoughtful and sweet bonus, and my husband and I were so glad we didn't have to travel far after our reception :) They even made us extra plates of food and dessert to have waiting for us at the cottage at end of the night.

I absolutely cannot recommend Southwind Hills enough. Their expert team, being so good at what they do, is sure to relieve a lot of the stresses that come with the wedding planning process. A wedding at Southwind Hills will undoubtedly be your best, and most beautiful day ever.

Sent on 11/07/2018
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 09/15/2018

Southwind Hills was an absolute dream! After touring it, there was no competition that this was where we wanted to have our wedding. Looks aside (and it is stunning!), the staff at Southwind Hills are all extremely professional and ensure your day is planned with no hiccups. My mother dubbed it as "an all-inclusive wedding venue" and it really is! Everything from the food to the floral, Southwind Hills makes sure every detail is provided for and ready to go. I couldn't imagine a more wonderful place to have gotten married at. My goal for our wedding day was not to have to lift a finger and to just relax and with the Southwind Team, that was our reality! Thank you so much Southwind Hills for not only the day of, but the months of meetings and email correspondence ahead of our day to make sure it was what we wanted!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Southwind Hills's reply:

Hi Michelle, thank you so much for your kind words! We absolutely LOVED celebrating with you and your family! We will miss you!!

Sandi · Married on 07/14/2018

Southwind hills was absolutely AMAZING! We cannot recommend this venue and their staff enough. Everyone was so accommodating and everything was exactly how we had pictured our big day. Everything went so smoothly we couldn’t believe it. Our coordinator was there with us every step of the way through planning, as well as the day of making sure we were well taken care of. The floralist and chef were outstanding as well! We wish we could go back and do it all over again! We cannot thank them enough for making our special day unforgettable!

Sent on 10/09/2018
    Southwind Hills 14
  • Courtni

Courtni · Married on 05/19/2018

Choose southwind hills

I could talk about how great Southwind Hills is all day, every day. Not only is the location and venue beautiful, their entire staff is top notch! From my first tour of the venue to the wedding day my coordinator, along with other staff, was in touch every step of the way. Choosing Southwind Hills as a venue is more than just the day of. It's the multiple (and extra for planners like myself) planning meetings, tasting events, advise, guidance, and preferred partners that separates them from any other venue. Y'all, after being under contract FOR A YEAR, we went to our first tasting and they knew who we were!! I work in customer service and to remember someone's name and face from a year earlier is more than impressive in my book! And they remembered us every other meeting following. I woke up (in the honeymoon cottage that is included) the next day and wanted to re-plan my wedding all over again and honestly not change a thing. I've helped many friends get married and hopped between locations on the day of or were stressed the whole day because they were responsible for set up, clean up, etc. Not at Southwind Hills. They confirm every last detail with you in advance and contact ALL your vendors before to confirm when they will be there and that they know where they are going. My coordinator, Candice, even helped my minister from TN confirm he properly filled out all the paperwork to legally marry us in OK. My mom even said my wedding was stress-free and that's from a woman who finds stress to stress about. I'm already looking forward to planning a vow renewal there and know every year they do nothing but improve so I'll be even more blown away down the road. If you want a dream wedding, no other place can touch what Southwind has to offer.

Sent on 10/04/2019
    Southwind Hills 25
    Southwind Hills 26
    Southwind Hills 27

Lauren · Married on 12/02/2017

We absolutely loved hosting our wedding at Southwind Hills! Our wedding planner, Casey, was wonderful and answered all of our questions and concerns promptly! The venue was beautiful and the food was delicious. We would highly recommend!

Sent on 12/16/2017
  • Meagan

Meagan Megli · Married on 11/05/2017

Beautiful venue and incredible staff!

We couldn't have found a better venue or team of people to work with. The venue is beautiful, and the staff elevates the space to an unbeatable level. Weddings can be stressful, but Southwind Hills allowed us to enjoy the process and made sure we had the best care. I did DJ, catering, and floral all through SWH and was complimented by guests on all of them. My coordinator Elaine had impeccable attention to detail and our wedding day flowed seamlessly. We did a forest wedding, which is beautiful in every season! This venue is a gem in Oklahoma!

Sent on 04/12/2019

Katelynn · Married on 07/02/2017

My husband and I were the winners of the 2017 Ultimate Dream Wedding Giveaway. Being able to get married at Southwind Hills was a dream come true. We can't rave enough about the staff and site. They make you feel as if your wedding is just as important to them as it is to you. Every detail imagineable, they have it covered. You never have to worry about forgetting something because they make a point to go through the process with you and ensure you have thought of everything. My coordinator, Tracy, even went as far as standing near me while I ate dinner the night of the wedding because I stressed how hungry I was. She made sure people didn't approach me until I had a chance to eat most of my food. I can't say thank you enough for little things like that. We felt as if we were able to fully enjoy our day because of the staff at Southwind.

Sent on 07/17/2017

Britnee · Married on 01/28/2017

There are not enough words to say how AMAZING Southwind Hills is as a wedding venue. Everything from their professionalism to making your feel as though your wedding day is as special to them as it is to you is on point!!!
    They are the nicest, most caring staff in the world and will do whatever they can to please you. Another cool thing is that this venue does EVERYTHING!!! Food, music, flowers, bar... even decorating! Bring them your items and they will set up accordingly. My now husband and I just recently got married at Southwind on Jan 28th, 2017, and let me just say this is the best place to get married. They know how crazy weddings can get and want to make it effortless for you however they can. Elaine and Tracy are THE best and so are their chefs. the food is also fantastic!!! We did beef tenderloin, garlic mashed potatoes and southern style green beans and we have not stopped hearing how amazing our food was at the wedding!!! Seriously, sooooo good!!! Everyone sits down with you and takes the time (however long, they do not rush) to make sure your day is the best day. I love this place and I am sooooo thankful that I found them because they really did make my wedding day perfect!!! PS - did I mention there is a honeymoon cottage that is like Snow White's that you get to stay in the night of the wedding??? It is GORGEOUS and they provide meats, cheese, crackers and fruit and muffins AND Champs for your stay!!! Seriously, you CANNOT go wrong getting married here!!! Love them!!!

Sent on 02/06/2017

Claire · Married on 10/29/2016

Our wedding day was absolutely perfect!
    There was not one thing that went wrong. I have never had a more perfect day.

The coordinators at Southwind Hills are wonderful at what they do and are very accommodating. As a teacher and a mechanic in Stillwater, my husband and I could not always meet at the ideal times, so Kristen stayed late to allow us to meet with her. She was so kind and helpful every step of the way. I feel like I barely had to do anything, because Kristen was on top of everything. We had planned for 250 people max, but right before the ceremony started we were out of chairs because many more than that showed up, but Kristen calmly handled it by setting out more chairs like it was no big deal at all.
    The floral was unreal. I showed the onsite florist a picture and said "something like this would be cool" with basically no direction and she took that photo and made the end product exponentially better than I ever could have imagined.
    The food was beyond amazing. If you are looking at doing any event here, get the lamb lollipops. They are do die for!

I have been telling anyone who will listen that they need to have a wedding or some sort of event at Southwind Hills because it is truly the most beautiful place I have every been to.

-Claire White, Bride

Sent on 11/21/2016

Rachel · Married on 01/16/2016

This was the first venue we toured and it was the standard for all other venues there after…no other venue could compare! This place is incredible!! We were so impressed with the staff as they made every effort to accommodate our requests. You can tell that they truly want to make this day so personal and customized to each couple. Kristen was such a joy to work with! Our day could have not gone smoother. Our guest are still raving about the venue and how beautiful it was. Thank you Southwind Hills for making this the best day ever!

Sent on 02/09/2016

Southwind Hills's reply:

Thank you Rachel for taking the time to review our venue. We are thrilled you were pleased with the level of service we provided. You were such a joy to work with and we hope our paths cross again in the near future!

Susan · Married on 01/09/2016

The staff at Southwind Hills made my daughter's wedding day dreams come true! They even included snow! Kristen, our coordinator, was so wonderful to answer our every question throughout the planning process. She also maintained a calm and joyful demeanor throughout the day, no matter what came her way. She completely took the stress off of us which allowed us to be able to completely enjoy the day! The design staff was so accomodating, including personal items and sentimental details we desired into the decor. The chef worked with us, as well, incorporating the bride's personal request and ideas into the menu. We are still craving the meal from that night! I am now in the process of planning the bride's twin sister's wedding, the reception venue being in our backyard, and that has made me realize even more that Southwind Hills Barn Estates is a great value! :)

Sent on 05/05/2016

Alysia · Married on 11/27/2015

Southwind hills made our wedding and wedding planning an enjoyable and stress free process! It iced and was nasty weather on our wedding day but our coordinator Elaine made sure everything came together and once we were all inside we didn't even know what the weather was doing because we were having so much fun! :) We also used them for catering and the food was delicious!! All of our guests had seconds and there was nothing left over even though we had less guests than food due to the weather. It was definitely the best steak and mashed potatoes ever!!

Sent on 12/06/2015

Reagan · Married on 09/19/2015

We haven't even had our wedding yet but working w/ the team at Southwind Hills up to this point has been nothing short of amazing! They are very professional and make you feel like a VIP when you contact them before you even book the venue! The venue itself is absolutely stunning! Trust me, you want to have your wedding at this place! The picture opportunities are incredible! So many rustic and elegant ways to shoot engagement pics/wedding pics! The staff will do everything in their power to make sure you have your dream wedding in this beautiful venue! I absolutely would recommend them for any future couples looking to have your wedding at a one-of-a-kind location!!

Sent on 02/18/2015

Paolla · Married on 08/08/2015

Our wedding day went so smoothly, and was more than I could ever imagine!
    I booked Southwind Hills 18 months before our big day, and the staff has been there with me the entire way! I can't say enough good things about each and every one of those ladies. They made our wedding dreams into reality and we got SO MANY compliments on everything!
    The food was PHENOMENAL, Chef Angela is fantastic! (I wish I could have her make my food everyday! HA! :]) From the chef platter & lavender lemonade to calm my nerves before the wedding, to the little pieces of heaven I like to call pork lollipops, to every item on our buffet line.. everything was DELICIOUS & our guests were raving about it all night!

I gave all my trust, pictures, ideas to the design team and they made all of my wedding dreams come to reality. My bouquet was PERFECT and exactly what I envisioned! Our arbor was OUTSTANDING!!!! It was the most gorgeous arbor I have ever seen and it blew me AWAY when i walked in to the venue. Major props to Amber, Tina, Kristin, & the rest of the design team for nailing the flowers & decor throughout the venue!!!!

And last but NOT least, Ali, our coordinator was such a pleasure to work with! She was there every time I needed her, and she coordinated our wedding wonderfully & made sure everything ran smoothly! I cant thank her enough for the outstanding job she did for us, from planning the ceremony, to the reception, to communicating with the helicopter pilot to make sure we had our dreamy grand exit, she did it!! Our guests are still complimenting us about how amazing our wedding was, and how beautiful our venue was!

Thank you, Southwind Hills & the wonderful staff for EVERYTHING! It was more than we could of ever imagined! We will never forget our wedding day. :)

Sent on 08/19/2015

Our wedding was a brunch on Aug. 8 2015. Brady and I had another venue in mind when we toured Southwind Hills, but once we met Ali and how sweet she was and saw how drop dead gorgeous the venue was, we knew SWH was it! Our coordinator Kristen was fabulous! I lived about an hour away from SWH but she always worked with me and always replied to ALL of my questions! During our wedding she made everything run smoothly! I honestly never felt stressed at all! Southwind hills will do anything to make your dream wedding! They are great about being creative with your budget and already have tons of props and decor! They truly care about there brides! I felt so special! I recommend the brunch wedding! It was so classy and romantic! The owners are very involved and have thought of everything for the venue! The alter to the bathrooms are perfect! They are always making updates to the land! It truly is rustic elegance! If you are an Oklahoma bride you'd be crazy not to get married here!

Sent on 11/01/2015

Abbey · Married on 07/26/2015

Wow! Where to start? From the very beginning Southwind Hills, and all the girls on staff, surpassed all of our expectations! They were reliable, helpful, and they helped make our day FUN, memorable, stress free, and THE BEST DAY EVER! My husband and I got engaged,and decided to get married four months later. Never once did they make it seem like this was impossible to pull off! It was wonderful! I could just go on and on about each girl on staff-they have hearts of gold! The venue is simply breath taking. We said "I-do" in the enchanted forest, and I couldn't have pictured anything more perfect! Tina worked so hard to make my flower streamers that hung around our alter-it was so dreamy! And just the little details to make it just ours were all so perfect! Elaine was my personal wedding coordinator, and from the very first day I knew we would be friends! She kept everything on time, stress free, and handled every situation with such grace. Kristin assisted her on our big day, and she is such a gem! Angela is the chef at Southwind Hills and was outstanding! Literally, the whole team bent over backwards to provide special kinds of wines and treats for the reception. It meant so much to my Dad and of course all of us as well. The food was hands down the best wedding food we have ever had. The staff at Southwind also provided preferred vendors, and are so experienced with the flow of weddings to make everything go smoothly. These girls are there for you no matter what-Any question I ever had they answered, and did so effectively and efficiently. The owners have posted a sign that this venue is the true outcome of the Lord's work and everything done is for his kingdom. The venue and all the staff have servant hearts and it shows! I absolutely loved our experience here, and would recommend it to everyone I know!

Sent on 11/06/2015
  • User5402076 · 2+ years ago

This venue could not have made our wedding any more easy or beautiful. With a ton of options to choose from and an amazingly accommodating staff and some of the best wedding planners that made our day a breeze, nothing could beat these guys.

Sent on 09/02/2015

Shauna · Married on 05/30/2015

Steven and I were so impressed by everything the day of the wedding! The barn itself is so beautiful, but then to see the things I had picked out and brought in scattered around the barn just made it that much more personal!

All of the florals were beautifully arranged and I wished I had had the time to smell and touch each arrangement! I absolutely loved my bouquet and the bridesmaids bouquets! They were exactly what I had envisioned in my mind! ?

The food that I got to eat was delicious, especially the biscuit with sausage and gravy-that was our favorite! ? People have told me that the rest of the food was divine too, and I believe them! Also, I heard there was a cake emergency, and Chef Angela handled it like the pro that she is-I had no idea what had happened, but when I saw the cake, it looked just right!

Also, thank you to both you and Kristen for everything the day of! It all seemed to flow and run smoothly, and I think you all had a large part in that! I appreciate that both of you were so calm, yet at the same time got the job done! It made me feel confident and secure that everything would be just right!

Thank you to everyone at Southwind Hills that has worked with us from the beginning to the end on making 5-30-15 our best day yet!

Sent on 06/16/2015

Laura · Married on 02/28/2015

Southwind Hills is not only a gorgeous venue, but it is also equipped with so many little extras that made it the perfect place for a busy bride like me. Tables, chiavari chairs, linens, tons of decor, a beautiful bar, bridal suite, and photo booth, all included! The Southwind Hills Team exceeded every expectation I had. Not only were they so friendly and easy to work with, but they listened and I felt truly tried to understand my vision. I made it clear to them early on that I wanted to leave a lot up to them and trusted their professionalism and I'm so glad I put it in their hands. Even little details I mentioned in passing that I had forgotten about they remembered and made happen. The entire staff was great to work with. Their chef and florist were both up front and honest and gave me great feedback about my ideas and how best to execute them. Elaine, our coordinator was wonderful to work with and put me at ease. The moment I saw Southwind I knew it was our venue and now that the wedding is over, I know that no one could have done what they did for us. I am beyond thrilled with the outcome of our day and it is all thanks to them!

Sent on 03/02/2015

My husband and I were married here on September 26th, 2014. We were the first couple to be married in the Enchanted Forest and it was so much more that I could have ever dreamed. The Southwind Hills staff handled every detail of our wedding and reception so I was able to completely focus on what was most important. Even the little details I wanted to use were set up and then packed away by their staff. Can't even explain how easy (and fun) the entire process was! Absolutely loved my experience planning with them and would recommend this stunning and unique venue to anyone!

Sent on 02/10/2015

Our wedding day was perfect, and so much of that was thanks to the team at Southwind Hills. Every detail was taken care so we could just show up and enjoy. The food was amazing and we really enjoyed working with the chef. My mom especially loved how she took the time to completely costimize our menu and make it a nice meal for our guests rather than just typical "wedding food". Ali was our coordinator and truly made our day easy and fun. My outside vendors (most were family friends) all loved her as well. Made me happy to know my guests and even vendors were so well taken care of. Extremely thankful we found a venue that will do so much for their clients. Would encourage anyone to consider this location.

Sent on 06/02/2015

Stephanie · Married on 08/09/2014

Our guests (and us!!) loved this venue for our wedding! It is VERY beautiful inside and out and the staff are very accommodating. They made sure all of our wedding guests were taken care of.

The venue is so decorated already with the chandeliers, gas lanterns, etc that all you need to do is add little hints of your color here and there to make things completely magical.

Their chef on staff is very fun to work with as well. We wanted to customize our meats and add-ins a little and she had tons of ideas to offer. She really knows her food and is an amazing chef. We still have guests complimenting the food.

I cannot believe how perfect our wedding turned out - with thanks to this venue.

Sent on 10/09/2014

E · Married on 08/15/2016

Southwind Hills was really lovely for our wedding! The venue is spectacular and it is perfect mixture of glamour and chic as well as rustic and country. The wood and the chandeliers together are an awesome combination and having our wedding reception there was a perfect fit for us and also amazing for photos. The whole team accommodated special requests and we were the largest wedding group they had had to date - 400! - so it was important to us to find a reception space that could easily accommodate our size and one that was still "us". It was also great to have Ali there as a wedding coordinator on the day of the wedding and reception so I could have someone else execute all the details of months of planning and preparation in order that we could just enjoy our wedding day!

Sent on 11/02/2015
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 08/31/2019

We love Southwind!

Working with Southwind has been amazing thus far. My fiance and I often have conflicting schedules, we're both performers making it hard to squeeze in time for planning, but Southwind will put your mind at ease! They make themselves available to answer any questions you have and it's great that they have so many things in-house. Catering, linens, floral, decor, etc. Makes it a one-stop shop of sorts for wedding needs and definitely takes a bit of the stress off for the super busy couples.

Sent on 08/01/2019