23 Reviews for Southwind Hills Barn Venue

Flatware (1)
Glassware (1)
Parking (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)

We absolutely loved hosting our wedding at Southwind Hills! Our wedding planner, Casey, was wonderful and answered all of our questions and concerns promptly! The venue was beautiful and the food was delicious. We would highly recommend!

Profile Picture Lauren, 12/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Indoor, Scenic Views

My husband and I were the winners of the 2017 Ultimate Dream Wedding Giveaway. Being able to get married at Southwind Hills was a dream come true. We can't rave enough about the staff and site. They make you feel as if your wedding is just as important to them as it is to you. Every detail imagineable, they have it covered. You never have to worry about forgetting something because they make a point to go through the process with you and ensure you have thought of everything. My coordinator, Tracy, even went as far as standing near me while I ate dinner the night of the wedding because I stressed how hungry I was. She made sure people didn't approach me until I had a chance to eat most of my food. I can't say thank you enough for little things like that. We felt as if we were able to fully enjoy our day because of the staff at Southwind.

Profile Picture Katelynn , 7/2/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

There are not enough words to say how AMAZING Southwind Hills is as a wedding venue. Everything from their professionalism to making your feel as though your wedding day is as special to them as it is to you is on point!!!
They are the nicest, most caring staff in the world and will do whatever they can to please you. Another cool thing is that this venue does EVERYTHING!!! Food, music, flowers, bar... even decorating! Bring them your items and they will set up accordingly. My now husband and I just recently got married at Southwind on Jan 28th, 2017, and let me just say this is the best place to get married. They know how crazy weddings can get and want to make it effortless for you however they can. Elaine and Tracy are THE best and so are their chefs. the food is also fantastic!!! We did beef tenderloin, garlic mashed potatoes and southern style green beans and we have not stopped hearing how amazing our food was at the wedding!!! Seriously, sooooo good!!! Everyone sits down with you and takes the time (however long, they do not rush) to make sure your day is the best day. I love this place and I am sooooo thankful that I found them because they really did make my wedding day perfect!!! PS - did I mention there is a honeymoon cottage that is like Snow White's that you get to stay in the night of the wedding??? It is GORGEOUS and they provide meats, cheese, crackers and fruit and muffins AND Champs for your stay!!! Seriously, you CANNOT go wrong getting married here!!! Love them!!!

Profile Picture Britnee, 1/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding day was absolutely perfect!
There was not one thing that went wrong. I have never had a more perfect day.

The coordinators at Southwind Hills are wonderful at what they do and are very accommodating. As a teacher and a mechanic in Stillwater, my husband and I could not always meet at the ideal times, so Kristen stayed late to allow us to meet with her. She was so kind and helpful every step of the way. I feel like I barely had to do anything, because Kristen was on top of everything. We had planned for 250 people max, but right before the ceremony started we were out of chairs because many more than that showed up, but Kristen calmly handled it by setting out more chairs like it was no big deal at all.
The floral was unreal. I showed the onsite florist a picture and said "something like this would be cool" with basically no direction and she took that photo and made the end product exponentially better than I ever could have imagined.
The food was beyond amazing. If you are looking at doing any event here, get the lamb lollipops. They are do die for!

I have been telling anyone who will listen that they need to have a wedding or some sort of event at Southwind Hills because it is truly the most beautiful place I have every been to.

-Claire White, Bride

Profile Picture Claire, 10/29/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This was the first venue we toured and it was the standard for all other venues there after…no other venue could compare! This place is incredible!! We were so impressed with the staff as they made every effort to accommodate our requests. You can tell that they truly want to make this day so personal and customized to each couple. Kristen was such a joy to work with! Our day could have not gone smoother. Our guest are still raving about the venue and how beautiful it was. Thank you Southwind Hills for making this the best day ever!

Profile Picture Rachel, 1/16/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Linens, Indoor, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound

The staff at Southwind Hills made my daughter's wedding day dreams come true! They even included snow! Kristen, our coordinator, was so wonderful to answer our every question throughout the planning process. She also maintained a calm and joyful demeanor throughout the day, no matter what came her way. She completely took the stress off of us which allowed us to be able to completely enjoy the day! The design staff was so accomodating, including personal items and sentimental details we desired into the decor. The chef worked with us, as well, incorporating the bride's personal request and ideas into the menu. We are still craving the meal from that night! I am now in the process of planning the bride's twin sister's wedding, the reception venue being in our backyard, and that has made me realize even more that Southwind Hills Barn Estates is a great value! :)

Profile Picture Susan, 1/9/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Indoor

Southwind hills made our wedding and wedding planning an enjoyable and stress free process! It iced and was nasty weather on our wedding day but our coordinator Elaine made sure everything came together and once we were all inside we didn't even know what the weather was doing because we were having so much fun! :) We also used them for catering and the food was delicious!! All of our guests had seconds and there was nothing left over even though we had less guests than food due to the weather. It was definitely the best steak and mashed potatoes ever!!

Profile Picture Alysia, 11/27/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Indoor, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Linens

We haven't even had our wedding yet but working w/ the team at Southwind Hills up to this point has been nothing short of amazing! They are very professional and make you feel like a VIP when you contact them before you even book the venue! The venue itself is absolutely stunning! Trust me, you want to have your wedding at this place! The picture opportunities are incredible! So many rustic and elegant ways to shoot engagement pics/wedding pics! The staff will do everything in their power to make sure you have your dream wedding in this beautiful venue! I absolutely would recommend them for any future couples looking to have your wedding at a one-of-a-kind location!!

Profile Picture Reagan , 9/19/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning

Our wedding was a brunch on Aug. 8 2015. Brady and I had another venue in mind when we toured Southwind Hills, but once we met Ali and how sweet she was and saw how drop dead gorgeous the venue was, we knew SWH was it! Our coordinator Kristen was fabulous! I lived about an hour away from SWH but she always worked with me and always replied to ALL of my questions! During our wedding she made everything run smoothly! I honestly never felt stressed at all! Southwind hills will do anything to make your dream wedding! They are great about being creative with your budget and already have tons of props and decor! They truly care about there brides! I felt so special! I recommend the brunch wedding! It was so classy and romantic! The owners are very involved and have thought of everything for the venue! The alter to the bathrooms are perfect! They are always making updates to the land! It truly is rustic elegance! If you are an Oklahoma bride you'd be crazy not to get married here!

Profile Picture User5576475, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Event Planning, Outside Cake, Linens

Wow! Where to start? From the very beginning Southwind Hills, and all the girls on staff, surpassed all of our expectations! They were reliable, helpful, and they helped make our day FUN, memorable, stress free, and THE BEST DAY EVER! My husband and I got engaged,and decided to get married four months later. Never once did they make it seem like this was impossible to pull off! It was wonderful! I could just go on and on about each girl on staff-they have hearts of gold! The venue is simply breath taking. We said "I-do" in the enchanted forest, and I couldn't have pictured anything more perfect! Tina worked so hard to make my flower streamers that hung around our alter-it was so dreamy! And just the little details to make it just ours were all so perfect! Elaine was my personal wedding coordinator, and from the very first day I knew we would be friends! She kept everything on time, stress free, and handled every situation with such grace. Kristin assisted her on our big day, and she is such a gem! Angela is the chef at Southwind Hills and was outstanding! Literally, the whole team bent over backwards to provide special kinds of wines and treats for the reception. It meant so much to my Dad and of course all of us as well. The food was hands down the best wedding food we have ever had. The staff at Southwind also provided preferred vendors, and are so experienced with the flow of weddings to make everything go smoothly. These girls are there for you no matter what-Any question I ever had they answered, and did so effectively and efficiently. The owners have posted a sign that this venue is the true outcome of the Lord's work and everything done is for his kingdom. The venue and all the staff have servant hearts and it shows! I absolutely loved our experience here, and would recommend it to everyone I know!

Profile Picture Abbey, 7/26/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue could not have made our wedding any more easy or beautiful. With a ton of options to choose from and an amazingly accommodating staff and some of the best wedding planners that made our day a breeze, nothing could beat these guys.

Profile Picture User5402076, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Steven and I were so impressed by everything the day of the wedding! The barn itself is so beautiful, but then to see the things I had picked out and brought in scattered around the barn just made it that much more personal!

All of the florals were beautifully arranged and I wished I had had the time to smell and touch each arrangement! I absolutely loved my bouquet and the bridesmaids bouquets! They were exactly what I had envisioned in my mind! ?

The food that I got to eat was delicious, especially the biscuit with sausage and gravy-that was our favorite! ? People have told me that the rest of the food was divine too, and I believe them! Also, I heard there was a cake emergency, and Chef Angela handled it like the pro that she is-I had no idea what had happened, but when I saw the cake, it looked just right!

Also, thank you to both you and Kristen for everything the day of! It all seemed to flow and run smoothly, and I think you all had a large part in that! I appreciate that both of you were so calm, yet at the same time got the job done! It made me feel confident and secure that everything would be just right!

Thank you to everyone at Southwind Hills that has worked with us from the beginning to the end on making 5-30-15 our best day yet!

Profile Picture Shauna, 5/30/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Southwind Hills is not only a gorgeous venue, but it is also equipped with so many little extras that made it the perfect place for a busy bride like me. Tables, chiavari chairs, linens, tons of decor, a beautiful bar, bridal suite, and photo booth, all included! The Southwind Hills Team exceeded every expectation I had. Not only were they so friendly and easy to work with, but they listened and I felt truly tried to understand my vision. I made it clear to them early on that I wanted to leave a lot up to them and trusted their professionalism and I'm so glad I put it in their hands. Even little details I mentioned in passing that I had forgotten about they remembered and made happen. The entire staff was great to work with. Their chef and florist were both up front and honest and gave me great feedback about my ideas and how best to execute them. Elaine, our coordinator was wonderful to work with and put me at ease. The moment I saw Southwind I knew it was our venue and now that the wedding is over, I know that no one could have done what they did for us. I am beyond thrilled with the outcome of our day and it is all thanks to them!

Profile Picture Laura, 2/28/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I were married here on September 26th, 2014. We were the first couple to be married in the Enchanted Forest and it was so much more that I could have ever dreamed. The Southwind Hills staff handled every detail of our wedding and reception so I was able to completely focus on what was most important. Even the little details I wanted to use were set up and then packed away by their staff. Can't even explain how easy (and fun) the entire process was! Absolutely loved my experience planning with them and would recommend this stunning and unique venue to anyone!

Profile Picture User4780689, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding day was perfect, and so much of that was thanks to the team at Southwind Hills. Every detail was taken care so we could just show up and enjoy. The food was amazing and we really enjoyed working with the chef. My mom especially loved how she took the time to completely costimize our menu and make it a nice meal for our guests rather than just typical "wedding food". Ali was our coordinator and truly made our day easy and fun. My outside vendors (most were family friends) all loved her as well. Made me happy to know my guests and even vendors were so well taken care of. Extremely thankful we found a venue that will do so much for their clients. Would encourage anyone to consider this location.

Profile Picture User5136751, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our guests (and us!!) loved this venue for our wedding! It is VERY beautiful inside and out and the staff are very accommodating. They made sure all of our wedding guests were taken care of.

The venue is so decorated already with the chandeliers, gas lanterns, etc that all you need to do is add little hints of your color here and there to make things completely magical.

Their chef on staff is very fun to work with as well. We wanted to customize our meats and add-ins a little and she had tons of ideas to offer. She really knows her food and is an amazing chef. We still have guests complimenting the food.

I cannot believe how perfect our wedding turned out - with thanks to this venue.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 8/9/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Southwind Hills was really lovely for our wedding! The venue is spectacular and it is perfect mixture of glamour and chic as well as rustic and country. The wood and the chandeliers together are an awesome combination and having our wedding reception there was a perfect fit for us and also amazing for photos. The whole team accommodated special requests and we were the largest wedding group they had had to date - 400! - so it was important to us to find a reception space that could easily accommodate our size and one that was still "us". It was also great to have Ali there as a wedding coordinator on the day of the wedding and reception so I could have someone else execute all the details of months of planning and preparation in order that we could just enjoy our wedding day!

Profile Picture E, 8/15/16, 1 Review
4.2

Great venue...absolutely gorgeous. But very expensive. Also the chef is not the easiest to work with.

Profile Picture User4007808, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Southwind Hills' Saturday morning brunch wedding was perfect for us. I was super busy during our engagement and didn't want to plan every detail. Southwind Hills provided a team of experts who knew what the venue was capable of, as well as a great network of vendors who could help with outside needs. (Turns out - it's really difficult to find someone to do hair and makeup at 6:00am! I asked the venue team and they searched around until we found someone.) Every email was answered quickly, I always felt well taken care of. Within the last month of my engagement, the coordinator overseeing our wedding changed twice. While that was a little alarming, our day went off without a hitch. The new coordinators were walked through with familiar faces to me, and I felt comfortable the whole time. I would definitely suggest using their in-house team when possible - the time constraints for outside vendors are not flexible, and their team of floral designers and catering does an amazing job. Also, Jason Abeshire was a great music coordinator, DJ, and performer! We all worked really well together. Overall, an amazing experience, and it can be affordable for a bride on a medium budget.

Profile Picture User4867922, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Entertainer, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning
3.5

Lots of positive and lots of negatives to this venue. I had an absolutely gorgeous wedding there. The property is well taken care of and will take your breath away. As far as choosing flowers and things...if you want to be in complete control this is probably not the place for you. I loved giving them my ideas for flowers and letting them create something beautiful (I had no idea what they would look like til the day of). Elaine the coordinator is wonderful! I would recommend her to everyone! One the other hand the new coordinator Tammy caused me excess stress on my wedding day becoming overly anxious on a consistent basis and letting it effect her interactions with the bride. The venue has a pretty rigid schedule that they do not like to deviate from. The food...while I got many compliments was done by a very unpleasant woman. Chef Angela was rude, unprofessional and down right distasteful. She called the food choices my groom and I wanted,"bar food" and said she would never serve it even though it was on a previous menu she had sent us. To summarize the venue it wonderful, but they need a lot of help in the staffing area. It takes very special people to work in the wedding business and most of their employees are not made for it.

Profile Picture Lacy , 5/16/15, 2 Reviews
2.1

While this venue is absolutely gorgeous, as was our wedding, having to deal with some of their personnel tainted the whole experience. The "professional" chef was the most rude and difficult person to deal with. While the menu had been arranged and confirmed with their previous chef, Southwind allowed for the new chef to refuse to comply with the menu. Weeks of negotiating to try and find menu options that the bride requested, was only met with Refusals with the chef saying that "she would never serve that at a wedding". It was less than a week before the wedding before a decision was reached. She didn't provide what she had promised during the reception in regards to assistance with parts of the reception, and family had to step in and help with what Angela had promised she would provide. The flowers which were done by one of the "wedding planners/florists, were so disappointing. We had met several times, had provided pictures of desired arrangements and what we got were nothing like what had been discussed. The quality was so poor and there had clearly been no effort put into them. My daughter was in tears with disappointment, and when the staff was asked about the difference in how the flowers looked, she got rude and belligerent, and yelled at me for 10 minutes. Totally missed my daughter putting on her dress and pictures with her while be subjected to Amber's tirade. During our first 3 meetings with the design team, they multiple times said that everything they had could be utilized for the wedding, which apparently isn't true, as we tried to use some of the lanterns, and candle holders and we were told that we had to pay extra for them, and the "coordinator" personally owned them. I had to continue to ask for everything throughout the whole evening. As I said when I began, it is an absolutely beautiful venue, but they were rude, difficult to work with, unprofessional, and didn't follow through with what they said.

Profile Picture User5532725, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
1.0

They were very rude and unprofessional to not only me but my family, bridesmaids, hairstylist and even to my other professional wedding vendors! Their "top of the line" chef chewed me out for being early to the venue and even got into a huge fight with my mom and sister right after that. I felt like I wasn't welcomed there on my wedding day because we showed up early (yet I had already confirmed the arrival time with South Winds wedding coordinator), I felt rushed and after the Chef made me cry all I wanted to do was leave. I couldn't focus on my wedding day and getting married because of the unnecessary drama they caused. Because my mother, hairstylist and I had to help decorate the venue, I didn't get my hair done soon enough to take pictures before hand with my bridesmaids, those are pictures I will never get and this was the most upsetting to me. We had paid them a premium amount of money to make sure everything was decorated and taken care of and it wasn't. It wasn't just the chef but how the decorator treated my florist, cake baker, and my hairstylist.
Yes I thought the venue was absolutely beautiful and every one had nothing but compliments about it but behind the scene was awful. I would have rather spent my money else where to have better memories than that. Poor customer service by far!

Profile Picture Joni, 9/6/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning