Southern Oaks Plantation Reviews

Southern Oaks Plantation 6
Southern Oaks Plantation 7
  • Michael

Michael Yacoub · Getting married on 04/04/2021

Southern Oaks Plantation is KING!

Stacey made our dreams come true, she is a queen at what she does and she made our dream wedding possible. We flew in from Toronto, had about 100 people fly in as well. the food was PERFECT! Venue was PERFECT, everything was PERFECT!!! If you are in NOLA and not doing your wedding at SOP, you're doing it wrong.

Tommy Walker · Getting married on 03/04/2021

Absolute professionals

Very impressive. My wife and I got married here on April 27, 2019. The folks at Southern Oaks Plantation (SOP) have wedding planning and execution down to a science. From the very beginning of our contact with them, they were professional and responsible. They assigned Lauren Burgess as the primary point of contact for our wedding and she remained attentive and friendly throughout. She seemed genuinely excited to be planning our wedding and was very easy to work with. SOP handles the majority of details for the ceremony and reception so it makes things easy on the bride and groom during the planning process. On the day of, they had individual people assigned to different roles taking care of specific people and things, and had a standardized process for preparing the bridal party for the ceremony, which was executed flawlessly. There are only two things I would do differently. During the ceremony itself I would have liked more guidance on where exactly to stand as bridge and groom...we ended up standing too far apart much of it! Secondly, we had planned a second-line during the reception and weren't advised until the week before that SOP usually doesn't do the second-lines outside. We ended up doing it outside anyway but only had two saxophones and neither of the originally requested drums, resulting in a weaker than desired sound. This was mostly just a miscommunication between SOP, the band, and us. Not a big deal; just make sure you get everyone on the same page for this early on. Everything else was honestly perfect, and I do not use that word lightly. The grounds were gorgeous, the staff courteous and attentive, the plan well thought out and executed, the reception fun, the bar easy, the food absolutely fantastic, and on and on. It was especially nice that during the reception, from start to finish, the SOP staff was constantly checking on us (bride and groom) to ensure we had everything we needed from drinks to change of clothes to even a new pair of socks! They were always respectful of our time, space, and privacy but never far when we needed them. One of the capstones for us was that the owner threw in a surprise fireworks and streamers show at the end of our ceremony! We had no idea it was coming! Many guests said our wedding was a "fairytale wedding," and they raved about the setting and food in particular. As many of them are high-performing professionals, this commentary is not frivolous or given without being earned. My wife and I would highly recommend you considering SOP for your wedding. We would choose them again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 05/02/2019
    Southern Oaks Plantation 8

Savannah Pennington · Getting married on 08/01/2020

Southern Oaks Wedding Sav and Blaine

Most definitely! They did everything and more to accommodate my husband and I. From the Disney World themed everything to the Mardi Gras parade! I couldn't ask for a better day! Truly unbelievable and something we will never forget!

• Jazare

Jazare · Married on 03/23/2019

Elegance in the Big Easy

We got married at Southern Oaks Plantation on March 23, 2019. I’ve always dreamed of getting married at this venue. Our wedding day, was the best day of our lives! We couldn’t have selected a more perfect wedding venue. The food was absolutely delicious , the venue was remarkably beautiful, and the entire staff is highly organized and exceptionally friendly!

Sent on 06/06/2019
    Southern Oaks Plantation 20
    Southern Oaks Plantation 21
    Southern Oaks Plantation 22

Celena · Married on 03/16/2019

Absolutely Amazing Venue- hands down!

Where do I begin? The moment I stepped foot in Southern Oaks Plantation, I knew it was the perfect location for my husband and I to say I DO! The owner, Mr Bobby, was there on the first day we visited and you can tell he is passionate about his operation. Every detail is executed with care and precision. They were patient along the way and answered my emails promptly and professionally. They allowed me to incorporate personal details like chair sashes and a cigar bar, so I felt like my wedding had my own personal touches. I can’t say enough about the staff and service you will receive when choosing Southern Oaks Plantation. Don’t think twice about it!!!!

Sent on 03/21/2019
  • Sevan

Sevan Manuel · Married on 02/22/2019

Sevan and Yvonne Wedding February 22, 2019

I don’t even know where to begin. I initially found Stacey Asaro and Project Proposal back in 2016(if you haven’t proposed yet and need the most amazing, above the top experience please check her out http://projectproposalnola.com/). After the most amazing experience with the proposal I knew I had to take advantage of her and her families venue and wedding service. Mind you, we live in Tucson, Arizona and between here and New Orleans, LA there is not anything as perfect as Southern Oaks Plantation. We had family travel from all over the United States to attend our wedding and everyone has said that this was the most beautiful, classy, elegant wedding that they have ever attended. I had to do something unforgettable; my wife and I got engaged at 8 years and the married finally at 11 years. I will never forget the Southern Hospitality that Stacey and her Family showed my loved ones and I. If you are anywhere in the world, please come and experience the greatest family and wedding venue that you can find!

Sent on 06/09/2019
    Southern Oaks Plantation 36
  • Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 01/12/2019

Southern oak plantation

It is wonderful service and beautiful wedding ever I had. I won’t forget about my wedding and I love my wedding in forever

Southern Oaks Plantation 37
    Southern Oaks Plantation 45
    Southern Oaks Plantation 46

Leatrice Carter · Married on 11/15/2018

Beyond Our Wildest Dreams

My husband and I were engaged at the end of January 2018 and as we started the planning process we knew two things. We wanted to be married by the end of 2018 (yes, less than a year of planning) and we wanted it to be a destination wedding. As we narrowed down the locations, we settled on New Orleans for a November 2018 wedding. There were many venues to choose from, but there was something about Southern Oaks that kept drawing us back to their website. Once we scheduled a call with the Southern Oaks Team and had a friend who lived locally visit the venue, we knew we had found our venue.

We both have high tempo jobs and did not want the extra stress of coordinating with multiple vendors, which is why Southern Oaks worked perfectly because they are a one stop shop. We booked the photographers, florist and bakery, while Southern Oaks handled the rest.

Our wedding was November 15th and to say that our expectations were exceeded is an understatement. The staff handled every aspect of the wedding flawlessly. We were amazed at how well things came together being that we put in minimal effort on what’s supposed to be the best day of our lives.

Our family and friends couldn’t believe how stress free we were about the entire process and were blown away by the grandness of the ceremony and reception. Honestly, we were even blown away by how magical their grounds and facilities were for our evening wedding. Everything came together perfectly; their service is top notch and we could do another review just on how great the food was alone. We had friends and family telling us that this was hands down the best wedding they’d ever been to and not being boastful because it was ours, but it was the best we’d been to as well.

All in all, if you are looking for a wedding venue with “Southern Charm” to really engulf your guests in all the traditions of New Orleans we assure you this venue is it. They made our planning process so much easier than I could have imagined and were very responsive when we called or emailed any questions. The owners truly take pride in not only delivering quality service, but ensuring you and your guests have memories that will last a lifetime. They are attentive, passionate and accommodating to any need or desire you have. Give them a call we promise you won’t regret it.

Sent on 11/25/2018
  • Leah

Leah Griffiths · Married on 10/13/2018

Best wedding venue ever!

Thank you Southern Oaks Plantation for the best day ever. I don't think anything could have honestly gone better. We will forever cherish all the memories we made at Southern Oaks. Every guest we've spoken to since the big day has told us it was "the best wedding ever"! It actually was the best wedding ever! The food was outstanding and so were the drinks! We really appreciate how Stacey and Bobby went above and beyond for us to make sure we had the best day. It was literally like a dream everything was so perfect. Emma, Jeremy, and Vince were absolutely outstanding.... I mean, talk about a dream team! They made sure my fiancé and I were always taken care of, and they were all so sweet and accommodating. Honestly though, it was a complete dream. We are so happy and grateful for everything!

- Matthew and Leah Griffiths

Sent on 01/21/2019
  • Shelly

Shelly Clayton · Married on 09/01/2018

Fairytales do come true

If you are looking for the perfect venue that provides Exceptional service, Great Food and a Magical evening Southern Oaks is the place. My husband and I wanted to get married in New Orleans and was interested in an all inclusive venue. Well we signed the contract and it was the best decision ever. From the first phone call up to the last dance, Mr. Bobby and his gracious staff handled my guest and the entire wedding party like royalty. Every question I had regarding my wedding was answered, this venue provides everything and they do not try to upsell you on items. There are no hidden fees, upcharges or surprises. Well, the surprises are what your guest will experience. My wedding was Magical, Grand and Royal. Everything was smooth and effortless, the staff operates this place like a well oiled machine. There is no running around, no one is confused and you, the wedding party and family members are assigned a concierge that ensures your culinary/drink needs are met. The Food: It is not your typical wedding plate of chicken, fish or buffet. This place provides a Taste of New Orleans, I mean your guest will not stop talking about what they ate, how good the food was and how much food was being passed. Amazing flavors and a huge variety. There is no waiting, once the reception starts the food is being passed, this style was great because it also eliminated the hassle of seating charts, open seating was also another reason I loved this place. Enhancements: I chose to have a New Orleans Style Brass Band, Horse and Carriage, Carving Station and Fireworks, which made it a very grand time, my guest were over stimulated with surprises. During the time of our wedding, my husband and I was experiencing a difficult time and Mr. Bobby had a surprise for us, he upgraded our fireworks package to River Fireworks, it was like the 4th of July in September. The sky was lit up over the River.. all for us. The Venue: This place is gorgeous on the inside and outside. The outside has huge moss filled oak trees with a beautiful historic fountain as you enter, it's really picturesque and well kept grounds. Behind the Mansion there is plenty parking for your guests and a stable and swimming pool where the beautiful white horse are kept. Your guest can sit outside and enjoy the cafe tables where the music from inside is piping outside for their enjoyment. Inside every room is gorgeous, the place has a timeless feel with a real richness that provides grandeur. Jeremy, Lauren and Mariah customer service just impeccable, I can also tell that this is a great place to work. They all really work in sync and the professionalism, I just cannot state it enough. I will always remember my wedding day and cherish the wonderful memories because of the staff here, the owner and the venue. My guests are still calling and saying how this was by far the best wedding they have ever attended. Most of my guest have become wedding snobs because of their experience here. Your wedding at this place really raises the bar. Thank you Southern Oaks and Staff for a Memorable Day...

Sent on 11/02/2018
    Southern Oaks Plantation 55
    Southern Oaks Plantation 56
    Southern Oaks Plantation 57

Lissette · Married on 06/23/2018

Wow, it feels so surreal that I just got married this past Saturday June 23rd at Southern Oaks. I’m still in shock on how great everything was from start to finish. How all my details came together and how the amazing staff were at Southern Oaks was. Lauren is an angel that I can’t thank enough for having so much patience with me and all my questions and requests. I trusted her with all my details and the staff at Southern Oaks made my beautiful day come true, my guest can’t stop talking about it from the food,music, atmosphere and how sweet all the staff was to them. I want to say Thank You to Mr.Bobby for a beautiful venue and for gracing me to the isle in my 1954 entrance it was an exquisite entrance!!!
    From The Hayes

Sent on 06/27/2018

Tim · Married on 04/14/2018

My daughter just had her wedding reception here on 4/14/2018. You always hear about the SPECTACULAR FOOD, and that is very true, but what you don't always hear about is the tremendous PROFESSIONAL service. The attention to detail is amazing. How can they improve on PERFECTION. Bobby and his staff truly make you feel special, on that very special day in the life of our family.

Sent on 04/18/2018

Christie · Married on 03/30/2018

My husband and I were married at Southern Oaks on 3.30.18. To say it was the most amazing day of our lives would be quite the understatement. The team at Southern Oaks was nothing short of incredible from the day we started planning through seeing us off on our wedding night. Every detail was perfectly executed, the staff was extremely attentive, the food was amazing (we even had guests say it was the best food they had in New Orleans), to the point where everything went perfectly. I'm not sure how many brides can say there was nothing that went wrong on their wedding day but I am very fortunate to say that I can thanks to Bobby and all of the wonderful people at Southern Oaks. They made sure our day was flawless and one that we will never forget. Our guests are STILL raving about it! If you are thinking about getting married here, look no further, trust me you will be making one of the best decisions of your life! We are beyond grateful to everyone at Southern Oaks for all that you did to make our fairytale wedding come to life <3

Sent on 04/30/2018

Jordan · Married on 02/16/2018

It is truly impossible to capture the magic and perfection of Southern Oaks Plantation in words (and without crying), but we will try. We stumbled upon SOP online before we were even engaged and immediately fell in love with the stunning venue. After getting engaged, we literally did not research any other venues and didn’t even visit SOP in person before booking our date. We just knew! And it was the absolute best decision we have ever made. Southern Oaks is truly everything you read about and so so much more that can’t be captured in writing. The staff, including the always smiling Mr. Bobby, Lauren, Stacey, Jeremy, and so many others were the most attentive, conscientious, and kind people from the beginning of the planning process. They have all the details covered and truly make planning your wedding FUN and as stress-free as possible, especially for out-of-town couples like we were! We were treated like absolute royalty on our wedding day and did not have to worry about anything. Our parents were also treated SO well and were so impressed by their sweet personal attendants. If we had to recommend something, we’d highly recommend getting the extra hour to allow ample time for taking photos and getting lots of time to spend with your guests. Trust us, you’ll never want the night to end!
    The most common compliment we get on our wedding day was that it was an absolute fairytale. From the horse and carriage, incredibly talented jazz band, the stunning grounds, insane food, perfect decor, and all the other bells and whistles (seriously, we could go on and on!), SOP was above and beyond our wildest dreams. We feel such a deep sense of gratitude to the SOP family for giving us the best night of our lives.

Sent on 04/22/2018

Donna · Married on 10/22/2017

Southern Oaks Plantation (SOP), the "crem dela crem" of wedding venues in New Orleans, was the site for our daughter's destination wedding on 10/22/17.
    Merci Beaucoup to the Asaro's (owners), Lauren (coordinator) and the entire SOP staff! You all are amazing! From the moment we arrived we were greeted enthusiastically and received exemplary service throughout the evening. The grounds and buildings were gorgeous! The staff was phenomenal! The food was beyond delicious, it was scrumptious and abundant! Everything was right on time and right on point! Words can't describe the mystical magic we felt once the wedding ceremony started. Everyone was amazed when the horse drawn carriage pulled up with my husband and daughter. As the twinkle of all the lights that filled the surroundings were ignited, it took our breath away! It was enchanting and exciting, like a fairytale being created right before our eyes! The ceremony was lovely, inspiring and serene. It was followed by exhilarating fireworks! Gold streamers fell from the sky above the couple as the carriage approached the building's entry. The jazz band lead us into the reception with a Second Line and fueled the celebration! Truly NOLA at it's best! Food and drinks steadily flowed. Guests relaxed and chatted at poolside and took snapshots in the photo booth while the DJ made his mark with the couple's mix of music as we danced the night away! To culminate the occasion we had a "Taste of Mardi Gras Parade", with festive floats, costumes, beads, trinkets, jazz band playing Mardi Gras music, newlyweds in horse drawn carriage and more fireworks! Fantastic! Our Southern Oaks experience not only met our expectations, but on all accounts, our expectations were greatly exceeded! Southern Oaks owners and staff are masters of customer service and customer care! Thank you Southern Oaks for making this an Incredible Fairytale Wedding and Dream Come True!
    "BEST WEDDING EVER!"
    We Highly Recommend You!
    ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Sent on 11/11/2017
  • Lindsey

Lindsey · Married on 06/08/2017

Wedding could not have been any better thanks to Mr. Bobby

Southern Oaks will make your wedding a dream come true and then some. Brides need not have a care in the world as Souther Oaks staff help to plan for and take care of every detail leading up to and on the wedding day. Our wedding was absolutely perfect, from the getting married under a beautiful oak tree to the second line band to the fireworks; not to mention the food. New Orleans is known for their food, but some of them most delicious and memorable food we had visiting NOLA was served at our reception. Nearly 2 years later and our guests are still talking about it.

Sent on 12/12/2018

Leslie · Married on 05/13/2017

Choose Southern Oaks Plantation!! First of all you can have the wedding and reception at the same place - and they do like 3 weddings a week -- they have it down to a science. And you can borrow the little things like second line umbrellas, a cake knife, a cake stand! They take the stress and planning out of your dream day and you can't beat the price for everything that's included! Not to mention the extras are game-changers!!! People won't look at weddings the same!
    The staff is fabulous, the venue is gorgeous, the food is unbelievable, the DJ is great, plenty of room for your guests, no lines at the bar -- I can go on and on! I had high expectations and was blown away by how perfect my day went. I truly felt like a princess!

Sent on 05/28/2017

Oh my word!!! Words literally cannot express how absolutely PERFECT and MAGICAL this place is. Every single person we dealt with throughout our entire planning process was a delight. They made sure my husband and I were taken care of in every step of the wedding without being intrusive. My drink was never less than half full, and they did everything even better than I had planned or dreamed of. They execute every single detail with such perfection that no other venue could ever compete. Their logistics are well coordinated and efficient, the food and drinks are delicious (we are still getting texts and phone calls about it), and it was a blast! As a bride I got to enjoy a private dinner with my husband and I got to dance and have fun; which I heard countless times were bride's biggest complaints about their weddings, but I didn't even have to think about it at Southern Oaks. Once Mr. Bobby found out that we were big Disney fans and had our first date there he pulled out all of the pixie dust he could find!!! Fireworks, streamers, and even an appearance from Mickey and Minnie. If you are looking for a venue - please do not even waste your time going anywhere else. Southern Oaks will blow you away.

Sent on 01/13/2017

Jocelyn · Married on 11/04/2016

Worth every penny! Couldn't have asked for a better day :)

Sent on 11/12/2016
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 10/15/2016

I can't say enough about Taylor, Bobby, Lauren, and the rest of the people at Southern Oaks. Our wedding was two weeks ago and we still have people contacting us to tell us how much fun it was - and how good the food was!

We did an outdoor ceremony with the horse and carriage entrance. I was actually the only one who was hesitant to do the horse and carriage (I liked the car!) but after my family and finance convinced me - we went for it. I have to admit, it was absolutely the perfect decision. We had a close friend marry us and selected all of our ceremony music and then added the Jazz band afterwards too, which was a really fun way to start the ceremony and add a taste of New Orleans for all of our guests! It was better than I could have ever expected.

The food - AMAZING! Definitely take the time as a bride/groom to set aside time to eat. It was also nice to get a moment alone post ceremony. I think my biggest regret wasn't eating more that day! (wedding day excitement ;) ) It's okay though because they sent us home with a box of food that we could enjoy the next night (which still tasted amazing!). They even brought in my favorite beer for me to have and Lauren was there every time we needed a refill of drinks or water - she's amazing! We did add an extra hour to our reception - another great decision if you are able to. For decorations I brought in freeze dried rose petals for the tables and we repurposed the bridesmaids bouquets for some centerpieces, but you really don't need to. The entire venue is beautifully decorated and is absolutely breathtaking at night when everything is lit up.

I am so happy with how everything turned out for our wedding day. The entire team is extremely responsive and accommodating. They made our guests feel welcome and more importantly made for very stress free wedding planning! Thank you so much for everything!

Sent on 10/29/2016

Ashlyn · Married on 10/08/2016

If you want a fairy tale wedding with low stress the day of, this is THE place to book. I have had so many people tell me how amazing the venue and the food was and how much fun they had! As a bride, the fact that everything was set at a specific price and I didn't have to deal with the worry of a "per person" price and people RSVPing and not showing up last minute or vice versa was a HUGE stress-saver for me personally, on top of the fact that the price included the DJ and open bar. Additionally, the reception area was so beautiful that add-ons I would have needed at other venues, such as additional flowers, centerpieces, chair covers, tents, etc. that really add up in costs, were not necessary. The staff was so attentive and made sure we had anything and everything we wanted or needed all afternoon. I'd say they knew what I needed before I even did!

I ended up doing the horse and carriage at my dad's request, and while I thought it was too much during the wedding planning stages, it turned out to be an extremely memorable and special moment for my dad and me and I am so glad I decided to do it. If you're on the fence about it - just do it!

Southern Oaks seriously made our special day very low stress and memorable. It was absolutely perfect. They had everything covered and they knew exactly what to do, where to go, and what to say. I'm so happy with the decision to have our wedding here and would highly recommend this place for the fairy tale wedding you've always dreamed of!

Sent on 10/29/2016

Paige · Married on 05/27/2016

We just had our wedding reception here on Friday, May 27th 2016. I cannot even begin to express how magical it was. The staff goes way above and beyond to make your day extra special. You are being waited on hand and foot, no one leaves hungry, and the food is simply amazing. They are such wonderful, highly organized professionals and we were always told where and what the next steps were throughout the whole night. I HIGHLY recommend this place to everyone. 5 stars isn't even enough credit to give to this venue. I am still in awe of how amazing of an experience it was. My guests have all told us that our wedding blew all other weddings that they had attended out of the water... because of how spectacular the venue was!!!

Sent on 06/10/2016

Donna · Married on 05/13/2016

I could write a review as long as War and Peace on the amazing wedding my daughter had at Southern Oaks Plantation. If you are looking for the perfect wedding venue, no matter how close or how far you live - stop looking, this is the place for you.
    From the very beginning they made us feel truly welcome. The staff went out of their way to make sure the bride and groom had everything they wanted. Any time I called and asked questions Stacy, Kim and Taylor always had the answers and were very polite and helpful. I would compare their staff to Disney’s employees, always happy and always eager to please!
    Their organizational skills are unsurpassed. The ceremony and reception went perfectly and the outdoor venue was beautiful. Mr. Bobby was amazing. He surprised my daughter with fireworks and confetti at the end of the ceremony. “ It was truly a breathtaking and magical experience” were my daughters words. The reception was amazing. The food was passed at our guest’s table constantly and the variety was a true new Orleans culinary experience. Our guest are still raving about the food , the atmosphere and the beautiful venue. All of our guests expressed that this was the best reception that they had ever been to. My daughter and her husband were treated so special that they felt as if they were royalty. My husband and I had Lauren as our own personal attendant. She was incredible and she very rarely left our side.
    Words cannot express the gratitude we have for Southern Oaks owner and staff for making our little girl’s wedding day a fairy tale come true.
    We love you Southern Oak. May many blessings some your way just as you have been a blessing to us!!!!
    Donna Hebert

Sent on 05/25/2016

Kristen · Married on 04/23/2016

Beautiful December Wedding at the prefect venue

Southern Oaks was the perfect venue for my December wedding! Everything was absolutely perfection! Mr. Bobby, Mrs. Sue, Stacey and the staff were all amazing. From the food, drinks, ambiance, decor, fireworks, photo booth, etc. Everything was taken care of. Every one of my guest had an amazing time. We were just so happy with it all! Highly recommend!

Southern Oaks Plantation 58