Southern Graces Catering & Planning Reviews

34 | Beaufort, SC

34 Reviews for Southern Graces Catering & Planning

• W

Wendy · Married on 11/02/2013

Southern Graces did an outstanding job catering and coordinating my nephew's wedding. The food was delicious and the wait staff were the epitome of southern hospitality. The reception was in my backyard. Bethany coordinated the tent installation and decoration creating a magical setting. She seemed to be at three places at once on wedding day ensuring everything was on track. I couldn't have been happier with Southern Graces services.

Sent on 11/10/2013

Stephanie · Married on 05/26/2017

3.0

The food was amazing, and we continued to get raves days after our wedding. The presentation was also beautiful. I absolutely loved their vintage plates. We also had the privilege of getting to stay at the Beaufort Inn and do our tasting several months back. That experience was truly wonderful and gave us the opportunity to fine tune our menu. Sometimes it was difficult to get a response immediately for Bethany, however I recognize that they are incredibly busy. Once Crystal was also brought on, we were able to get questions and concerns addressed quickly. Every change and tweak we asked for, we received, no questions. It was a wonderful experience working with them.

Sent on 06/18/2017

3.0

Southern Graces did a wonderful job for both our rehearsal dinner/welcome party and wedding day. We did not go with the wedding planner option, but it was still easy to coordinate everything with them. They provided our catering, rentals, and all floral/decoration needs, which made the planning process much easier since we did not have to coordinate numerous for the same event. During the year of planning, Southern Graces was helpful in providing all the details, but there were a few times when many days or a few weeks would go by without response. Our rehearsal dinner/welcome party went off beautifully, food was good, service was excellent, and our guests had a wonderful time. Food was good, service was excellent, and our guests had an absolute blast at both the rehearsal and welcome party.
    Food at the rehearsal overall was good, with some minor complaints including mealy shrimp, and lack of salt in the mac n cheese. Service was great, bartenders were wonderful, and decoration/florals were beautiful.
    Overall Southern Graces did a wonderful job for our rehearsal dinner and welcome party. My husband and I had a wonderful time and our guests had a blast. I would recommend Southern Graces for your wedding needs in Beaufort, SC!

Sent on 11/01/2015

Karen · Married on 09/19/2015

3.0

We used Southern Graces for our September wedding at the Beaufort Inn and could not have been happier with the way everything turned out! Every creative detail, including the flowers, centerpieces, and overall décor of the wedding exceeded my expectations. All of the food was amazing and we received many comments from guests that it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding. Southern Graces made the process of planning a wedding easy and stress free!

Sent on 10/14/2015

N · Married on 03/18/2017

0.5

Communication was an issue. It was very difficult to get a hold of Bethany when I needed to. Even though there were guidelines set at the beginning of the planning process that we would connect once a month, that didn't actually happen. They do beautiful work, however not everything came out as expected because of miscommunication. My cake was not exactly what I wanted because there was clearly a missed email. They do this for a living, so at the end of the day, it all comes together fabulously. The attention to detail was superb, and the assistance all day of the wedding was unlike anything I've seen. They brought food to the house while getting hair/makeup done in the morning, and once we arrived at our venue, it was nonstop excellent service - always checking on me and sticking with the groom and I during the whole wedding to get us whatever we needed. I'm still getting comments from guests about how it was the most beautiful wedding they've ever been to. I highly recommend them, just be stern with communication.

Sent on 04/25/2017

2.5
      3.5

We used Southern Graces for our wedding in Savannah. We utilized their catering, floral, cake, and some decorating services. Everything was beautiful for our special day! The food and desserts were delicious, and our guests were raving! Although we provided our own centerpieces, SG came behind us and filled in the empty spots with greenery and candles which was perfect! Our only issues were with communication during the planning process. We requested changes to our proposal at the beginning, but when we went to the tasting and planning session, none of the changes were made so we didn't actually try any of the food that would be there or see any examples of what we wanted. But I trusted them because what we did see was great! There were quite a few emails that went unanswered, but about a month out from the wedding communication was great. We had a couple snafus on the wedding day but they were handled professionally and quickly. We appreciate everything Crystal and Bethany did for us and we definitely would recommend them!

Sent on 04/12/2017
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 03/11/2017

3.8
      2.0
      3.0

Southern Graces puts on beautiful and fantastic events. They did our wedding flowers, cake, catering, bar servers, decorations, event rentals, day of management. It is nice to have so many vendors bundled together for one good price. The staff was very friendly and helpful and even brought us snacks when we were getting ready in the bridal room. My one complaint is lack of communication during the planning phase. We were working with them from October through March and had consistent communication problems during the planing with email and phone communication. The end result of the event was fabulous though and well worth the price.

Sent on 03/20/2017

Emily · Married on 10/07/2017

3.0

Southern Graces catered our wedding.

Sent on 11/25/2017

Nicole · Married on 05/13/2017

1.2
      1.5
      1.0
      2.0
      0.5
      1.0

Absolutely terrible customer service for mediocre food at best. I am disappointed in myself that I chose them to cater our wedding. I planned our Savannah wedding while living in Los Angeles. I corresponded with all of my other vendors through email for majority of the planning due to the time change and my work schedule. Southern Graces often did not respond to emails for days at time or until I sent an additional email. Wedding planning is stressful as is. Living on the opposite coast makes it even more challenging. At the end of our reception we paid for late night snacks to be passed as guests prepared to board the trolleys back to Savannah. I have a huge sweet tooth and loved the idea of milk and cookies being passed as the reception concluded. Of course my husband and I were busy at the end of the reception and didn't even realize that the snacks weren't passed. Once home, we called and texted many of our friends and family to inquire if they were offered milk and cookies. We especially reached out to our pregnant friends since they were obviously sober and would have loved the late night snacks. LOL! But none of them even saw servers passing them. My husband reached out to Southern Graces twice by phone. He was assured that Bethany would follow up with the servers and call him back. Five weeks passed and he didn't hear from anyone at Southern Graces. I emailed Bethany and Kirstin about the situation. A week later, I still didn't have a reply from either person. So I emailed once more, stating that I will be mentioning the issue in my review. Sure enough I had a reply within an hour. I found all of my wedding vendors, with the exception of Southern Graces, after checking reviews. The initial wedding coordinator I met at my venue is who suggested Southern Graces. For brides considering Southern Graces, I would strongly suggest using a different caterer. Afterall, the food was far short of spectular.

Sent on 06/30/2017