Southern Chic Weddings and Events, LLC Reviews

77 | Charleston, SC

77 Reviews for Southern Chic Weddings and Events, LLC

• Whitney

Whitney · Married on 11/03/2012

Hiring a week-of coordinator was the last thing that we thought we needed, boy were we wrong!

My husband was definitely hestiant about hiring a wedding coordinator and often expressed his concern for paying someone [what he thought was a lot of money] for "only a week's worth of work." The morning after our wedding, one of the first things he said to me was, "Hiring Amanda was seriously one of the best decisions we made. I am so glad she was there. She was worth every penny!"

Needless to say, Amanda went above and beyond our expectations - She is SO easy to work with, incredibly organized, a great listener, and is ALWAYS prompt in answering any questions. I could go on and on about all the wonderful awesomeness that is Amanda, but plain and simple - she was AMAZING and we would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 11/28/2012

Linda · Married on 10/26/2012

I could not be more pleased with the planning and coordination services that were provided by Southern Chic Weddings and Events for my daughter's wedding. Since I am in Atlanta and the wedding was in Charleston, I relied on Amanda for her local expertise as well as her professional advice and feedback. She was always professional, responsive, and postitive. She was extremely organized and took care of details I hadn't even thought of. I would not hesitate to recommend Amanda and Southern Chic for any event, but the best endorsement was my daughter's assessment at the end of the evening - "It was perfect!".

Sent on 10/31/2012

Lori · Married on 10/26/2012

Amanda was absolutely wonderful!! I could NOT have gotten through my wedding without her. She was so helpful and calm. She helped not only with my day of coordination but helped me throughout the entire planning process. She was always there to help me with any questions I had, checked on me every few weeks to ensure I was okay, and met with me regularly for in person planning to make my wedding day PERFECT! Everything went according to plan. Amanda was a lifesaver! I didn't have to worry about a single thing on my wedding day because I had complete trust in her that she would manage everything. I would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 11/10/2012

Sarah · Married on 10/12/2012

Amanda is simply incredible. She is easy to communicate with, calm but enthusiastic and very honest regarding all the decisions along the way. Weddings are a big production and she and her assistant make it smooth and seamless. Everything appeared effortless and everyone had the greatest time. Highly recommended.

Sent on 10/16/2012

Tamra · Married on 10/12/2012

My daughter and I used Amanda for week of wedding coordination. Amanda was easy to work with and was extremely professional. She took over the planning the week before the wedding and was attentive to every detail. She was even in contact with the bride on a monthly basis for almost a year just to check and make sure we were on schedule and to answer any questions we had. She went way beyond week of coordination Cannot not say enough about Amanda and her assistant during the actual wedding. They were the best!!!!!

Sent on 10/19/2012

Maureen · Married on 09/29/2012

Great attention to details. Pushed us when we needed pushing with a gentle hand.

Sent on 10/19/2012

As the groom, it was great working with Amanda. She took care of all the little details so that even though our wedding was very big, everything went smoothly and with absolutely no issues. It was easy for me to essentially fly in and just show up to the wedding knowing that everything was taken care of!

Sent on 12/16/2012

Amanda provided excellent service and we could not have done it without her!! She made the process extremely easy by helping to prioritize all of the important details and bring up those we didn't think of. As an added bonus she was so easy to talk to and willing to help or offer advice wherever possible. We had a big wedding with a lot of details but because of all of her hard work, the day of the wedding was a breeze and we didn't have to worry about anything. I highly recommend Southern Chic Weddings and Events.

Sent on 12/16/2012

dina · Married on 09/28/2012

Amanda of Southern Chic Weddings is wonderful. I felt like a guest at my daughters wedding. No worries everything was taken care of by Amanda and her staff. We could not have survived all the input of planning with out Amanda supporting us. She has alot a knowledge and kept us on track.....thank you Amanda! Dina & Cary Walker

Sent on 10/18/2012

Emily · Married on 07/14/2012

Working with Amanda was fantastic! She was always very responsive. Our wedding was a destination wedding, and she was extremely helpful with vendor recommendations. Everyone that we used who was recommended by Amanda was great! I would highly recommend using her to help plan your wedding! I literally had no stress the week leading up to the wedding because she handled everything. She also handles stressed out mothers very well :)

Sent on 07/31/2012

Amanda (and Becky on the day of wedding) did an amazing job of assisting me throughout the planning of my daughter's wedding. Her professionalism and attention to detail (and staying on schedule!) made everything go smoothly. Frankly, I don't know what I would have done without Amanda. I had the best time at my daughter's wedding a much of that is due to the fact that I had nothing to worry about--Amanda took care of everything. She is a gem.

Sent on 06/26/2012

Caitlin · Married on 06/08/2012

Amanda was an amazing wedding planner! We could not have selected anyone more perfect for our wedding. We live four hours from Charleston and thus relied on her expertise heavily through the wedding planning process. Amanda was very knowledgeable of the types of vendors we were interested in and all of the suggestions she made ended up being perfect for our taste. She was also extremely flexible and we never felt pressured to do anything. Amanda did a great job of making suggestions that conformed with our vision and style while always keeping our budget in mind. On our wedding day, she worked her butt off and everything ran smoothly. Our wedding was perfect, and Amanda was a huge part of it. She went above and beyond anything we could have expected. We feel lucky to have had her as our wedding planner.

Sent on 10/26/2012

Lindsay · Married on 03/17/2012

I absolutely love Amanda and her team! They were super organized and so much fun to work with.

Sent on 05/23/2012

Kirsten · Married on 05/21/2011

What would I have done without Amanda! From start to finish Amanda helped with so much of my wedding even though she was only a day/weekend of planner. She recommended great vendors and answered all my emails immediately. She helped me design a time line and more importantly stick to that time line which is important because you really have no idea of how quickly the whole day goes by. She stayed to help clean up which sounds easy, but with our wedding was a huge task. She really did everything and more and I could not have done it without her. Many thanks are due!

Sent on 05/31/2011
  • Mrs.

Mrs. · Married on 05/08/2011

I hired her as my week of coordinator. I have to say, Amanda is perfect. Before I hired her I was extremely stressed from trying to handle everything thing on my own. I was trying to do the D.I.Y. wedding. There is no way I would have been as happy with the wedding if I didn't hire Amanda. She has such a relaxing and calm way about her. It's like talking to your best friend. That is exactly what I imagined for my wedding day.

Sent on 05/23/2011

Janine · Married on 09/25/2010

Southern Chic Weddings and Events was one of the best decisions I made in planning our wedding! Amanda was beyond helpful throughout the planning process and the wedding weekend went by smoothly thanks to Amanda and her assistant Kristen! I can't imagine pulling off the wedding I had always hoped for without them!

Sent on 10/05/2010

Jackie · Married on 09/18/2010

Having Amanda from Southern Chic as our week of coordinator was the best investment we made for our wedding! Throughout planning she was always honest, helpful and responsive. She was also willing and able to work well with my sister who was helping me plan the wedding. Once she took over the week before wedding, my life became stress free. She coordinated the vendors and even sent me the time line well in advance. During the rehearsal, she was clear and concise about what she wanted all of us to do. The day of the wedding Amanda and her helper Kristen made sure everything ran smoothly. They put out any fires quickly, thoroughly, and never let me know about any issues! When rain threatened our outdoor wedding, they made sure the event got started on time and finished well before the first drop. If you are looking for a coordinator or planning service which will give you top notch advice; never make you feel guilty about your budget; and ensure you and your guests have a fantastic time - please contact Southern Chic Weddings and Events, specifically Amanda Assey-Lewis. I have no regrets about our wedding, due mostly in part to Amanda's help. Thanks guys!

Sent on 09/27/2010

Stefanie · Married on 07/10/2010

Amanda Lewis was the best decision I made for my wedding. It turned out that our families new each other, but when I met her for our first meeting, I instantly new she would be the one to help me with my wedding. We hired her for basic planning, where she followed me through the planning process, giving advice and encouragement and answering questions. We had a few meetings, and then she took over the whole wedding 10 days before hand. It really was perfect, since I wanted to plan my own wedding, but I needed guidance and someone keeping an eye out through the whole process. Her list of recommended vendors is fantastic (almost everyone we hired was from her list). On the wedding day, she made sure EVERYTHING was fantastic. The few very minor issues we did have, she's currently helping us sort out!

Amanda is straight forward, sensible, organized, but she is sweet and wonderful to work with. She's not a "yes" person, so she gave honest advice which is what we desperately needed when making decisions. She's also practical...no matter the size of the wedding, she sees potential and opportunity to have a great wedding! My mom has said that she will DEFINITELY be hired when my sister gets married because we all enjoyed her so much! I now think of her as a friend, too. Amanda and Southern Chic weddings was the reason that our wedding was as perfect as it was.

Sent on 07/22/2010

Lauren · Married on 10/17/2009

Amanda was amazing and exceeded all of our expectations. She was always available and ready to assist me with any issue, no matter how big or small. The professionalism, attentiveness, and attention to detail that she displayed throughout the planning process allowed me to be totally at ease on my wedding day because I knew that she had all of the bases covered, and then some! I could not have asked for a better person to entrust with my wedding day, thank you!!

Ava Deann · Married on 08/20/2009

Ashley · Married on 03/28/2009

These ladies saved the day! From the day I met with them, they were always accessible and responsive to any questions I had or any issues I came across. On my wedding day, I didn't stress one bit because I knew these ladies were out taking care of anything that came up. Their advice was wonderful, and they were so helpful on those days when planning got to be overwhelming. They are such sweet, down to earth people who not only offer their expertise in wedding planning, but also a shoulder to cry on or a supportive listening ear. My wedding day went off without a hitch, and I don't know how I would have gotten through it so stress-free without Southern Chic Weddings. This is definitely one of the best vendors I had, and it was the best money I spent on my wedding day!

Courtney · Married on 11/15/2008

Amanda with Southern Chic Weddings was amazing!!! She helped to make my wedding the most amazing, stress free, perfect day ever!!! I would recommend her services to anyone!

Sent on 03/10/2010

Stacy · Married on 10/18/2008

My husband (to be at the time) and I hired Amanda as our day of coordinator. With Charleston being a destination wedding for us we felt that we needed someone there on the day of the wedding to help keep us on schedule as well as to tie up any loose ends. To say that Amanda was "the best money we spent on our wedding" is an understatement, but they are words my husband repeats often, and he is not one who hands out compliments freely.

I was a very hands on bride I liked the creative process of planning my wedding, Amanda was like my co-pilot she let me take the lead in my vision, was always at my side to help (even when she wasn’t contracted to do so), and took over for the landing which, lets be honest, really is the most important part.

Amanda went above and beyond the call of duty as a "day of coordinator," not only do I feel like I got the best that money could buy at a steal, but I also feel like I left Charleston with a friend. Many thanks to Amanda and Southern Chic for making my wedding truly the best day of my life!

Sent on 07/27/2010

Sarah · Married on 08/01/2008

Amanda with Southern Chic Weddings saved our wedding! When our first planner flaked out, we hired Amanda to help us with all the last-minute things (which included finding flowers and a hair stylist only a few months in advance!) She was so friendly and personable, and she did everything she could to make our special day perfect. She even ran all over town when the strings on my cousin's cello broke, and it looked like she wouldn't be able to play! If there was one thing we did right when planning our wedding, it was hiring Amanda with Southern Chic Weddings! She did a wonderful job--we love Amanda!

Sent on 02/18/2010

I hired Amanda Lewis for her partial planning services and my only regret is that I did not hire her to plan my entire wedding! From our initial meeting to my wedding day, Amanda handled every last detail efficiently and professionally. She went above and beyond to ensure that everything was taken care of and ran smoothly on our big day. We got married at a venue that required a lot of transitioning throughout the night for our guests and I was worried about the layout. Amanda implemented her ideas to make sure that the night transitioned seamlessly and our guests didn't miss anything! She not only kept in close contact with me throughout the entire planning process, but she worked hard to put all of the last minute changes I threw her way in effect. Amanda was not only my wedding planner, but my voice of reason during such a busy and stressful time! She helped to keep me calm not only during the planning process but on our wedding day as well. I would highly recommend Amanda to any bride looking for a detail oriented, professional, and reliable wedding planner!

Sent on 04/06/2015