76 Reviews for South Beach Makeup Studio

Group Discounts (2)
On-Site Makeup (2)
Makeup Trial (2)
Natural Makeup (1)

Amy is absolutely AMAZING! She is so friendly, personable, charismatic and so much more. On my wedding day she was a constant cheerleader and smiling face! I had 6 bridesmaids, my mother-in-law and myself and South Beach was so efficient and everyone looked flawless. They made sure everyone was comfortable in their makeup look and worked with each woman to accomplish her desired look. We chose the best vendors for our wedding that all worked as a team. South Beach Makeup Studio was on our list as the best and they lived up to every expectation and more that we had!

Profile Picture Arielle, 5/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I loved Nicole, she was professional and very nice. She listened exactly to what I wanted for my hair and make up for my wedding and it turned out very lovely.

Profile Picture Linda, 3/30/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

They did a great job and couldn't have been nicer!

Profile Picture Leslie, 2/18/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

South beach makeup is fantastic! So professional and reliable!

Profile Picture Christina , 11/4/17, 1 Review
4.3

Great team! Nicole did my engagement makeup and hair and i still cant stop staring at my pictures. She also did my wedding make up and i felt like a princess. The rest of the team also came in for the wedding to do other makeup and hair and we all finished on time for our first look/bridal party pictures. the entire process was simple and communication was great. Megan replied seconds after any questions i had, and coordinated the entire day perfectly for me. im so grateful to this team!!!

Profile Picture Raiyah, 10/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I hired this company because my sister used them about 4 years ago for her wedding so knew they would do a good job. It turns out they're in a transition period so I was working with one woman but my stylist was starting to take control. I had a hard time confirming things with the original woman but Brittany was great. She was sweet and responsive and easy to work with. My only complaint is that I provided a list of bridesmaids and my mom and the mother of the groom but it seems the list got jumbled and unfortunately, my mother was the last one ready. Because of that I do not have a single picture with my mom... But what can you do. Just make sure you're paying attention to who's ready when and make sure your mom is ready first so you have the getting ready pictures with her.

Long story short, Brittany is awesome and you will look STUNNING on your wedding day. The prices are reasonable and Brittany is very willing to work with you and adjust however you want her to. She and her team are the best.

Photo for South Beach Makeup Studio Review - Michelle Lawson Photography
Photo for South Beach Makeup Studio Review - Michelle Lawson Photography - check out this hair!!!!!
Profile Picture Diana, 10/15/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Licensed, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Updos/Styling

We had a great experience with South Beach Makeup Studio. My mom and I did a hair/makeup trial before my brother's wedding and signed the contract shortly after. They showed up at the venue on the day of the wedding before we even got there. They had a great team and got everyone done perfectly and in time! Would highly recommend them.

Profile Picture Megan, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I am so glad I chose South Beach Hair and Makeup Studio to do my wedding last week for several reasons!:

First, Megan - their coordinator - is a complete sweetheart and professional. Setting up a last minute trial session and procuring a hair/makeup team for me within a month of my ceremony was no hassle with her help. As an out of state bride planning a destination wedding, this was a major plus!

Second, Brittany, the lead artist, did an amazing job on my hair and makeup. I'm usually low key when it comes to makeup. She did a great job of making me feel glamorous and sexy but not overdone! Her work held up through a beach ceremony and 4 hour outdoor reception, with no touch ups needed!

Third, Maria and McLaine - the other artists - made my bridal party look and feel amazing. One of my big goals for my wedding was for everyone in my party to feel beautiful and confident. Brittany, Maria, and McLaine made this happen!

Finally, the team all have great personalities and kept everyone in the room laughing. My mother in law (MIL) suffers from some memory loss and requested some extra services not included in our contract or timeline. Maria was very sweet in helping us accommodate my MIL's request and fitting the extra work into the team's busy timeline. I can't say enough good things about how special Maria made my MIL feel. The team finished everyone on time and everything went off without a hitch.

Thanks, ladies!!!

Profile Picture Marjorie, 10/14/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Hair Extensions, Textured Styling, Updos/Styling, Consultations, Group Discounts, Group Services, Hair, Licensed, Makeup, Multi. Stylists

I booked with South Beach Makeup Studio after a positive experience as a bridesmaid in my friend's wedding. Amy, the owner, was lovely to coordinate with, and I could not have been happier with their performance on my wedding day. Punctual & perfectly professional. Beyond these essential basics, their work was absolutely exquisite. I had 9 bridesmaids (crazy, I know), and each looked stunning! My hair and makeup were, how shall I say, BALLER. I was not the traditional bride - more interested in fashion and an edgy aesthetic - and Mclaine did a BEAUTIFUL job on my makeup. Brittany did an awesome job on my hair and roughed it through 90 degrees and humid to make sure I stayed fab. Truly, I could not have had a better experience. Kind, warm, professional, and ridiculously talented. An amazing team of women.

Profile Picture Montana, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Textured Styling, Contour Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Wedding Party Makeup, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists

Amy and her team did a great job. As a bride a looked amazing, like a star! My make up was perfect, hair was great (Amy was super flexible reacting to the wheater). Hair and make-up stayed perfect all day and night long - even after jumping into the pool! All my bridesmaids and flower girl looked great, hair and make up! Go for it!

Profile Picture Sabrina, 10/16/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Amy, Director of South Beach is a loving, nurturing woman with a natural talent for hair and make up and selecting an amazing team to work with her for your wedding. My wedding party loved their hair and make-up. It was very professional, absoutely beautiful and very long-lasting!

For my bridal hair and make-up, the care and love Amy showed me was over-the-top and I cannot say enough things about how beautiful she made me look. I brought tears to my groom's eyes---she brought out so much beauty in me. I thank her and her team for being punctual and fun and a great group of people to make the wedding day a great success, thank you and please give Amy any feedback while she is doing your hair and make-up. She is capable of doing anything and is very open to making you happy and trying any style you would like!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 6/5/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I worked with South Beach Makeup Studio for hair and makeup for myself (bride) and small bridal party. We had Nicole and Mclaine and were beyond thrilled! Amy was very easy to work with in coordinating my trial and day of schedule. Nicole did a fabulous job and I am so pleased. She has a fantastic attitude and was great about accommodating a few changes I wanted to make after my trial. She is truly an artist. I've gotten so many compliments on my hair/makeup and am just thrilled with how all of our photos turned out. Our team was the best and they made our pre-wedding afternoon so enjoyable.

Profile Picture Darla, 4/23/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Updos/Styling, Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists
3.5

I had two wedding events and hired South Beach Makeup Studio to do my hair and makeup for both events. I had Brittany for one event and Amy for the other. I LOVED Brittany -- she was professional, attentive, organized, talented. My mom, my best friend and I loved our hair and makeup. I would give her 5/5.

Amy was also very nice as a person but I believe she could work on her efficiency and organizational skills. Although the makeup and hair were nice, I just felt like we spent a lot of the time getting them done because she would jump from one person to the other without finishing anybody in one sitting.

All in all I loved the end product and would recommend them, especially Brittany.

Profile Picture Nicole, 4/22/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Fake Lashes, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Updos/Styling

I highly recommend South Beach Makeup Studio for wedding hair and make-up. Amy is very professional and easy to work with to coordinate scheduling. I cannot say enough good things about Nicole, the artist who did my wedding hair and make-up. Nicole worked with me to make sure I found the perfect wedding look that I was comfortable and happy with; she also made sure that my normally frizzy hair stayed the entire night even with dancing! Nicole also has a calming presence about her that certainly helps on the day of the wedding. Nicole and the wedding team arrived early on the morning of my wedding and were easy to work with. I am very grateful for Nicole, Amy, and the South Beach Makeup Studio team for the perfect wedding look!

Profile Picture Kelly, 1/17/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Group Discounts, Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Hair Extensions, Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes

We had Nicole do the bridesmaid's makeup for our wedding and she was FANTASTIC in every way. She listens, she's patient, and she's an excellent hair & make up artist!
She made a stressful time very easy for the entire wedding party. We are so grateful to her and thrilled that we chose South Beach Makeup Studio!

Profile Picture Dawn, 12/12/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Updos/Styling, Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup

They did the hair and makeup for 12 women. They were absolutely wonderful! They could do any hair and the make up looked perfect ! I would recommend them to anyone . We plan on using them again for our next event.

Profile Picture Kathie, 12/12/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Textured Styling, Updos/Styling, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists

excellent! i WOULD USE HER AGAIN AND AGAIN!!

Profile Picture KATHIE, 12/12/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Textured Styling, Updos/Styling, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes

Amy and her team were one the best vendors I booked for my wedding, I can't recommend SoBe makeup enough!!! If you want to look beautiful on your wedding day, this is the team to book. My hair and makeup were better then I could have ever dreamed for my wedding day, I honestly felt like a model all day. My makeup and hair stayed perfect from early in the morning until the late evening. On top of that all my bridesmaids looked beautiful as well (both hair and makeup). Amy and her team knew how to manage their time really well and were extremely professional from the moment booked. They're truly a talented team, I would book them again in the future if I ever needed my hair and makeup done.

Profile Picture Catherine, 11/14/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Hair Extensions, Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists

Amy, the owner, was very responsive to my e-mails and was able to accommodate me for a trial on very short notice. Christina, the hair and makeup artist, did a great job and I loved the way I looked.

Profile Picture amanda, 10/17/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Licensed, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes

Amy knows Miami hair and makeup! My wedding was in October with 1000% humidity. Despite that and dancing like a lunatic and sweating a ton, somehow my hair and makeup were totally in place at the end of the night (and it wasn't heavy or stiff, I don't know how she did it).
I live in NY and only went to Miami only once before the wedding so I had to have a little bit of faith and Amy nailed both the hair and makeup with minimal direction. My mother, sisters and bridesmaids were all really happy too, so all the people Amy brought were really good as well (vs when bridesmaids end up with someone a tier below). I also liked that Amy brought a large team so there wasn't a lot of waiting around. I would definitely recommend Amy to any friend.

Profile Picture User6216496, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Updos/Styling

Easy correspondence with Amy, who was super sweet and professional via phone and email. Christina, my stylist for wedding hair and makeup, was absolutely amazing--very talented artist with a charming and genuine personality. I highly recommend a trial for wedding hair, the experience was enjoyable and allowed us to bond and fine-tune things before the big day! I felt price was a tad more than I wanted to spend, but really not outrageous for Miami area. I definitely was treated like a queen!

Profile Picture Anja , 10/10/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists
4.7

Amy and her team were extremely responsible and still fun. They went above and beyond to help make my day special, even coming to the rescue on a nail crisis, and can't thank them enough. The quality of service was wonderful, and there were no surprises from the trial. They were able to handle a tight schedule with multiple different girls with various hair types/lengths, skin types/tones and personal preferences, including my flowergirls (3 and 5). They worked with all of our photographers and videographers to make sure even these moments were beautifully captured.

Profile Picture Chelsea, 9/27/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Hair, Makeup, Updos/Styling

They were a little expensive but they did a great job.

Profile Picture Constance, 9/26/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Hair, Makeup, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Updos/Styling

GORGEOUS!!! Christina and Brit were absolutely amazing! I was afraid about having my hair and makeup done for my destination wedding because I was not going to have a chance for them to do a "trial run" beforehand and I didn't want my hair and makeup to not "look like myself". These girls were wonderful and made me look elegant and natural....they somehow knew EXACTLY what I wanted without even having to say a word! They also have great personalities that somehow made the pre-wedding jitters go away and we were all relaxed and enjoying the day!

Profile Picture Christy, 8/15/15, 3 Reviews