SoundWave Reviews

146 | Key West, FL

146 Reviews for SoundWave

Kathryn · Married on 03/23/2013

DJ Spyder performed at our wedding at The Southernmost House and was great!! He had guests on the dance floor all night. For those who don't know, you can only have music outside at The Southernmost House until 9pm due to a noise ordinance, so Spyder was able to move the music inside at 9pm without my guests literally missing a beat!! I sent Sound Wave a list of music that we wanted played and Spyder made sure to play virtually all of our suggested songs!! It was a great night and we have Spyder to thank!!

Sent on 04/22/2013

Lindsay · Married on 03/23/2013

I highly recommend Soundwave! Jim was easy to work with and very professional. Shawna was our DJ and she was wonderful. She did an amazing job of getting everyone on the dance floor! The music sounded great and we danced the whole night!

Sent on 08/07/2013
  • Daniell

Daniell · Married on 02/15/2013

Jim was AMAZING! He always responded promptly and on the day of the wedding he was very flexible when the weather wasn't co operating. Our guests loved him as well!

Sent on 03/03/2013

Deana · Married on 01/19/2013

We had Sound Wave Productions conduct DJ services, uplighting and also video services for our wedding. Jim did a great job providing music for the ceremony and keeping the party going through the night! I know I had a great time on the dancefloor along with our guests. Jim's wife Joanna did a great job videotaping our ceremony and editing the video. It turned out perfect! I highly recommend Sound Wave Productions!! :-)

Sent on 02/01/2013

Melissa · Married on 11/17/2012

We are so thankful that we picked Sound Wave Productions for our wedding! They were easy to work with in the planning stages and on our big day. DJ Jimmy read the crowd well and kept the party going. Several friends and family members told us it was the most fun they've ever had at a wedding. That definitely holds true for us!!

Our reception was held in an outdoor venue. We were surprised to learn (on our wedding day) a reggae festival was happening just outside the gates. Although we could hear the festival during dinner... we completely forgot about it during the dancing... thanks to our DJ and his party leading skills!

I would highly recommend Sound Wave to anyone looking for a DJ in or around Key West!

Sent on 12/04/2012

Joanna did such a great job!! She was so energetic and easy going! Thank god we got her because our photographer wasn't the greatest.

Thank you Joanna!!

Sent on 11/29/2012
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 10/12/2012

Perfect! Sean was the DJ for our Key West destination wedding and he did a wonderful job! He was extremely professional and made sure we were happy with how everything was going. He made it a point to ask us at a few points during the reception if there was anything we would like to hear and gave us suggestions on how to get the party started! During the planning process, everyone at Soundwave was very responsive to my emails and adequately answered all of my quesions. We also had them do our uplights which were perfect! Sean even got some "dancing lights" going when the dance floor started to liven up! We were extremely pleased with their services and would recommend them to anyone planning a Key West wedding!

Sent on 10/26/2012

Stacey · Married on 09/02/2012

My wedding planner recommended Sound Wave Productions. We chose Shawna as our DJ. She was outstanding. I do not have enough wonderful things to say about her and her DJ skills. My husband is very picky with music and loved everything she played. We did not give her very much direction, and she hit it out of the park. We had a small wedding and it was very warm, but she had the dance floor full all night. I would highly recommend Sound Wave Productions and especially Shawna. She definitely helped make our reception perfect!!

Sent on 09/09/2012
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 09/02/2012

We chose Sound Wave as our DJ and could not have been happier. Jim was wonderful to work with!! He was so flexible and played excellent music. Everyone was dancing for most of the night! I would highly recommend Jim and Sound Wave for all weddings!! My husband and I could not be more satisfied!!

Sent on 09/11/2012

Heather · Married on 07/07/2012

Jim Cooper did a wonderful job of keeping the party going all night! The dance floor was packed from the minute the music picked up after dinner. Weeks later, everyone is still raving about how much fun they had. The music selection was perfect because he played songs that guests of all ages could enjoy. Jim also helped my father plan a surprise song for us to dance to that I did not find out about until it was time for our father/daughter dance. In addition, whenever I needed to reach Jim, he answered me right away. He was also very flexible and professional. Thank you, Jim, for helping to make our wedding a success! I highly recommend him for any wedding!

Sent on 08/04/2012
  • Christy

Christy · Married on 06/10/2012

Jimmy was great! He kept the party going all night long. Our guests were dancing away. He played most of what we selected but added a few of his own selections,which was good. We are so glad we chose Sound Wave & Jimmy, so easy to work with.

Sent on 07/05/2012

Vicki · Married on 05/11/2012

Jimmy cooper is the best DJ ever. He played the right song at right moment all night long~ LOVe all his music.
    he was easy work with even all the guest were very happy with him.
    He keep all the guests and kids dance all the time.
    I love our Videography Joanna but i didn't see the video yet.
    She tried to work with photography make sure we got the right spot for picture and video.

Love both Jim and Joanna.

Sent on 05/19/2012

Megan · Married on 04/29/2012

Jimmy Cooper was outstanding!! He incorporated our play list and the guests' requests into a fantastic soundtrack. He was also extremely accomodating, switching tracks within seconds to fit the situation- there were several, as many characters attended the wedding! And best of all, no cheesy wedding music! He was so good that even the bride and groom that don't dance... danced.

Sent on 05/03/2012

Rebecca · Married on 03/25/2012

We loved Jimmy! He played a great mix of music. In the middle of the reception I realized a song I should have requested and he downloaded it right there. He's also an all around great guy, letting my 2 year old nephew play with his equipment and even putting headphones on him!

Sent on 04/01/2012

Michelle · Married on 11/19/2011

I could not have been more pleased with their services! Sean was our DJ for the wedding and he kept everything running smooth and it was awesome. The price was right and he well exceeded our expectations. There was a wedding planner at our reception as a guest, and she didn't have enough good things to say about everything from the ceremony, reception, food, and music. Thank you again!

Sent on 11/20/2011

Meg · Married on 10/08/2011

Sound wave did an excellent job with our wedding entertainment. From the beginning, my fiance and I had stressed the importance of music to our planner and she assured me that Sound Wave would be the best fit. There are a number of reasons I'm thrilled I chose them. I emailed Jim on the off chance he had a somewhat rare song that we wanted for our first dance...and he had it! He helped us to double check everything so we knew exactly what to expect for our dance and the dance with my dad. I gave him an extensive list of our favorite songs; I was worried the mix would be too eclectic and that he would have to change it up to work with the crowd, but he made everything seamless. My now-husband was so excited to hear some of "his songs" during the reception merriment and that made me so happy. Even though I worried that no one at our small event would dance, guests of all ages were on the dance floor having a great time all night long.

Sent on 10/27/2011

Amy · Married on 09/23/2011

Jimmy was the DJ for our destination wedding and did a fantastic job of keeping guests dancing the entire night. Joanna provided the videography and from the short clip I've seen, it looks great! Both were extremely professional and very responsive to my emails and quesions throughout the planning process. We were extremely pleased with their services and would recommend them for a wedding!!

Sent on 10/10/2011

Sarah · Married on 07/23/2011

Soundwaves DJ Sean was great!! He was a very nice person who ran things smoothly and kept the party going! We had a list of songs we wanted along with specific things we did not want and he stuck with our directions perfectly! He was not intrusive at all, took requests from guests at the reception along with those watching it on the Hogsbreath website! What a fantastic wedding reception!! Thanks for being great!

Sent on 08/07/2011

laura · Married on 06/11/2011

DJ Shawna was our DJ. She was great!

Sent on 06/19/2011

Alli · Married on 05/30/2010

Jimmy Cooper is an excellent DJ and played all the songs we requested throughout the night. He was extremely friendly and professional. I would highly recommend Jimmy Cooper for your event!

Sent on 06/15/2010
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 03/05/2010

Great DJ! I had to do nothing the whole night because the DJ played all the right music from the ceremony to the end of the reception, the dance floor was never empty all night and everyone had a great time! I was overplanning every detail and never ended up submitting a list of songs (except for our "spotlight dance" songs) and I should've never even worried about it, they had it covered!

Sent on 03/10/2010

Lauren · Married on 03/05/2010

We had such a great experience with Jimmy and Sound Wave from the beginning of our DJ search. He came highly recommended by the resort we held our wedding at and now we know why! Jimmy was extremely responsive from beginning to end. He provided just what we wanted for our wedding, music wise. We gave him a pretty specific list of songs that we liked and wanted to hear. He played these songs and also added some great songs that he knew we would like. Thank You Jimmy for starting the party at our wedding!!

Sent on 04/09/2010

Jill · Married on 02/20/2010

Jim Cooper (Top Jimmy) did an awesome job at getting everyone out on the dance floor and keeping them out there for our entire wedding. He didn't talk through the wedding as I've seen some DJs do; he just kept the party going. Jim played a mix of music and included our requests that we sent him prior to the wedding. The music set the mood and made our wedding such a fun party! Jim was also great at helping us identify a Steel Drummer for our wedding ceremony and cocktail reception and he provided all of the sound equipment for the ceremony (a microphone for our readers, lavaliere for our Reverend and speakers).

Sent on 03/14/2010

Leslie · Married on 05/09/2009

I was extremely impressed with the services of Sound Wave Productions. I had a wedding coordinator who recommended this company for my reception. I gave general information about what types of music I wanted during the different times of the night (i.e. tropical music for cocktail hour, softer music for dinner, etc.) as opoosed to giving a specific playlist. The DJ did an amazing job at mixing the music. Though I did not communicate with the company directly, I thought the DJ was very friendly and professional, and the cost very reasonable.

Sent on 08/07/2009

Barbra · Married on 05/06/2009

What a great company to do business with. Very efficient, friendly and accommodating. I couldn't have handpicked a better DJ for our wedding I have had so many compliments from guests , "best wedding we have ever been to", they say. Thanks for everything!

Sent on 06/24/2010