SoundWave Reviews

146 | Key West, FL

146 Reviews for SoundWave

At our wedding with had music from 3 different languages and Jim was amazing. Great communication!

Sent on 08/05/2014

Stephanie · Married on 04/12/2014

Joanna did such an amazing job for out video! She was right there all night, did miss a thing! We went on our honeymoon the week after the wedding when we returned home we had already received the highlight video!! We are so happy with it and can't wait to see the rest!!!

Sent on 04/27/2014

Michelle · Married on 04/12/2014

We used Soundwave for our 4.12.14 wedding reception and are so happy we did! Jim Cooper was so flexible and helpful when we initially signed the contract and DJ Jimmy V was perfect! We had such a great time at our wedding and appreciated Soundwave very much!

Sent on 04/29/2014

Leticia · Married on 04/11/2014

Let me just say I contacted Soundwave by internet 2 weeks before my wedding and they got back to me the next evening ready and available. I am so grateful for Joanna, Jim and especially Dj Shawna! They were all awesome! Dj Shawna played everything that we asked her too and even agreed to stay an extra hour because we were all having such a great time. Thank you guys again!

Sent on 04/16/2014

Our DJ was Kelly, he was great. He played everything we had requested ahead of time, and was very in tune with the crowed. I very much appreciated the questionnaire the company gives you in advance.

Sent on 06/09/2014

Amy · Married on 04/05/2014

We hired SoundWave at the recommendation of our wedding planner (We've Got the Keys). We couldn't be any happier. Jimmy C followed everything we requested prior to the wedding including our play and do not play list (though I am sure some of my guests would have preferred he cut out my Brittney medley). Jimmy was able to keep the night fun and entertaining not only with his DJ skills, but also with the couple of comments he would make throughout the night that made my guests and I laugh. We would recommend hiring SoundWave.

Sent on 07/23/2014

Katherine · Married on 04/04/2014

We had DJ Jimmy at our wedding and reception. In my opinion, music can make or break a wedding reception. He made my night perfect!
    Jimmy made sure he had all of my specific song requests for the ceremony and set a great vibe during cocktail hour.
    At the reception, I dance till I dropped. Jimmy did a great job with song variety. He was so much fun getting the crowd worked up! Some of the best parts of my wedding were on the dance floor, and included sing-a-longs and a conga line. I strongly recommend SoundWave; ask for Jimmy!

Sent on 04/09/2014

Dana · Married on 03/29/2014

We had an unexpected storm during our outdoor reception. DJ Jimmy played rain related songs to lighten the mood. He kept the mood light and the guests got up to dance in the middle of the storm. He followed our playlist and made the night the best! Joanna, the videographer, did an awesome job! We barely knew she was there. The highlight video she created makes me cry, laugh, and smile. I love it!!

Sent on 05/03/2014

David/Keith · Married on 03/08/2014

GREAT SERVICE, GREAT TIME! We planned out months before our wedding and were able to communicate to Soundwave what we wanted and what we didn't want. Fortunately, they have video clips of various DJs that do work for them and you can pick and choose who you would like. We were VERY fortunate to have DJ Sean who did an excellent job for us. We were able to choose lists of songs we wanted prior to the reception, but Soundwave and DJ Sean were very open to changes as we went along. On the reception night, Sean kept tabs on the vibe of the crowd and changed things up to keep things moving and everyone having a good time. We would recommend Soundwave for your next event. Fairly priced, easy setup, GREAT TIME. You'll love these guys!

Sent on 03/21/2014

Christy · Married on 03/01/2014

Soundwave was very professional and a great addition to our reception. The week of our wedding we decided to add on a slideshow, they reassured us we could rent the equipment and had us send a digital copy to confirm it would read ahead of time! That really put us at ease and they were able to handle this addition. Our DJ Spyder was awesome! He was simply easygoing, fun and a natural. He didn't seem "corny" or to try too hard. He had comical input throughout the night and really made our dance a hit! We did provide a list of 80+ of our favorite songs (which was not required) but wanted to be sure that our favorites made the cut. Our guests are still talking about how much they loved the DJ and the songs that were played! I would definitely recommend Soundwave for all of your wedding needs.

Sent on 03/09/2014

viviana · Married on 01/30/2014

The DJ was awesome and fun at my wedding! They accommodated all of our requests and our guests had a blast dancing all night!

Sent on 02/06/2014

Lisa · Married on 11/23/2013

DJ Shawna from SoundWave was the DJ for our daughter's wedding and did a great job for us. She listened to the bride and groom at our pre-meeting and played the type of music that they wanted and kept everyone on the dance floor the entire evening. Every request that we had was played during the course of the reception. It was clear that our guests loved the music and had a great time. She was engaged and fun and made sure that everyone was having a good time.

Sent on 11/26/2013

S · Married on 11/02/2013

What a party!! Had a blast. Jimmy & Joanna are awesome. Joanna did video, Jimmy was the DJ. Cool cats & you can tell thru still love what they do! The dance floor was NEVER empty and wasn't that cheesy old wedding feel! Loved the purple up lighting add on too!! Was beautiful outside at night.

Sent on 02/04/2014

Nicole · Married on 10/12/2013

Amazing!
    Spider was great.
    Not cheesy, not always talking on the microphone--best wedding DJ I've ever encountered.
    Highly recommend.

Sent on 10/29/2013
  • Abbey

Abbey · Married on 08/08/2013

My wedding planner recommended SoundWave, and we were thoroughly impressed. As we were contacting them for DJ services, we saw that their brother and sister-in-law are Senses At Play Photography, and if we booked them all together, we could get a great package deal for DJ, Videography, and Photography. We're so glad we did! We sent them the list of all of our songs we wanted for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception, and they did a great job of taking it from there and playing other songs that were similar-- we loved every one! We wanted to do the "Shoe Game," and Jimmy called me about two weeks before to find out if we had found questions yet, etc. and I told him I would send them to him once my husband and I compiled them-- well, time got away from us and we completely forgot. As we were taking our first look pictures, Joanna said something about it and we both froze-- she said, not to worry-- they came up with a bunch, and they were great!

Jimmy also did a great job of transitioning from one event to the next, he wrapped up our dance songs (first dance, father/daughter, mother/son) if/when we gave him the look that we were ready to move on, and even announced that we had made a WedPics account, since I completely forgot to give the little table tent cards to my planner to place around on the tables! Everyone we talked to said our wedding was the most fun they had ever been to, and I cannot thank SoundWave enough for making it so! Brides in the Keys will definitely not be disappointed if you choose SoundWave as your DJ!

Sent on 08/22/2013

Erica · Married on 07/27/2013

DJ Shawna was fantastic at our wedding reception! She was fun, had a great personality, and really got our crowd dancing. She listened to our requests and did a good job of reading the group. I highly recommend her and Soundwave Productions. Everyone was raving about how much fun our reception was and what great music we had :). Thanks for everything!

Sent on 07/30/2013

Melissa · Married on 07/06/2013

I asked my DJ, to do the longest married dance since majority of our guests are married. He cordinated this part of the wedding so awesome. The sound was great, the music I requested was great. On top of it James Cooper the DJ was super friendly and easy to talk to. Great DJ is all I can say! Yes highly recommended.

James Cooper was also for my ceremony. Music was perfect. He played the music I requested.

Sent on 07/10/2013

Brandi · Married on 06/29/2013

We would highly recommend DJ Shawna from Soundwave. Soundwave was easy to work with and has reasonable rates. DJ Shawna met with us before the wedding to go over songs for the various parts of the reception (entrance, cake cutting) where she made some great suggestions. During the reception, she tailored the music to the mood of the crowd and everyone had a great time.

Sent on 08/17/2013

Kristina · Married on 06/21/2013

Jim was great! We only gave him a few "must play" songs and trusted him to play the rest. All of our guests were happy with the music selection. My father even asked if I had hand-picked every single song! Jim even managed to get my non-dancing groom and groomsmen on the dance floor! Thanks SoundWave!

Sent on 06/28/2013

Katie · Married on 06/17/2013

Soundwave was awesome! Very friendly, fun, and accommodating! Definitely recommend!

Sent on 06/29/2013

Candice · Married on 06/01/2013

Amazing DJ company!! So easy to work with and very professional! Soundwave did our music and sound for our ceremony and reception and everything was perfect!! The DJ followed my song list and all of our little surprises perfectly! My guests couldn't stop talking about how great he was and how much fun they had! Some jokingly complained that the song selection and order they were played made it hard to leave the dance floor lol! I am so glad we picked them to be a part of our big day! I highly recommend them!! Thanks Soundwave!

Sent on 06/12/2013

Sara · Married on 06/01/2013

Soundwave kept our guests on the dancefloor the entire night. They were great to work with

Sent on 06/12/2013

Stephanie · Married on 04/27/2013

Jim was wonderful!! He was very professional, super easy to talk to and extremely friendly. We told him the type of music me like gave him a few must plays and left the rest up to him. The song list he played was excellent. All our guests told us how great the DJ was! Highly recommended!!!!

Sent on 07/28/2013

Jim was a great DJ! He kept the party going and everyone danced all night! He knew exactly how to do all of the announcing (cake cutting, first dance, toasts, etc) and was very professional.

Sent on 05/16/2013

Barbara · Married on 04/20/2013

Jimmy was incredible! He did such a fantastic job! We gave him a short list of requests beforehand but totally trusted his judgement on what to play and when. He was great at incorporating our requests. He also did an amazing job at reading the crowd and if it seemed the guests didn't love a song he would seamlessly switch to a new one. Everyone loved him and our guests danced the entire time! After meeting with Jimmy in person a few months before the wedding, I knew he would do a great job, but completely surpassed my already high expectations. So many people told us the music was great. Thank you Jimmy!!!

Sent on 04/29/2013

SoundWave's reply:

Thank you so much Barabara! Your families and friends were a real pleasure. Happy Honeymooning!