Soundwave DJ and Photo Reviews

243 | Buffalo, NY

243 Reviews for Soundwave DJ and Photo

Michelle · event on: 09/26/2015

Matt and Marie are awesome to work with, we highly recommend! :)

Sent on 09/28/2015

Laura · Married on 09/12/2015

We had a great experience with Soundwave DJ. Matt was our DJ. The company was easy to deal with from day one. They have an online system where you input everything about your ceremony & reception (including order of events, song selections, speeches, etc.) which makes things very easy to plan. Payments are made online, which is also easy.
    Matt was very professional and fun! He called us the day before to review the plan, and had an upbeat attitude that got us really excited (as if we weren't already :)
    He played a great mix of our song selections and request, and was able to read the crowd. He didn't dominate the scene by speaking a ton, but was there for announcements and necessary things.

I'd highly recommend SoundWave. I think that the price is very reasonable and the service was great!

Sent on 11/07/2015

Soundwave is so wonderful to work with. We have scheduled both the DJ and a photobooth with them. They were really helpful when I was not entirely sure how many hours we needed and were accommodating when I requested the DJ also do out ceremony music. It's also really helpful that they break up your payments, we had the initial deposit, mid payment and then a ceremony payment. It feels better knowing you have one less invoice to take care of at the end of your wedding.

Sent on 06/07/2015
  • F

Frank · Married on 08/01/2015

Having shopped multiple DJs, it was an easy choice to select Soundwave to get our party started right. Matt was our DJ and did a perfect job. Our family and friends were a little hesitant to hit the dance floor and Matt immediately changed up the play list. Shortly after, the crowd was rocking for the remainder of the night. Matt was extremely approachable to all of our guests playing requested songs, giving shout outs, and making announcements as needed. The lighting paired with the music was phenomenal. My one job for the wedding was to get the DJ and lighting and my wife couldn't have been happier.

Everyone commented how awesome Matt had everything setup, his entire playlist, and all together, his communication with me along the way was perfect.

Soundwave is the best out there.

Sent on 08/06/2015

Kayla · Married on 06/20/2015

I cant say enough great things about this company. Marie, the owner, contacted me multiple times to touch base and go over details, and was so kind and understanding when I had questions or needed to go over things. We did our engagement photos with Marie, which came out beautifully! Vince, our Dj called about 3 or 4 days before the wedding to go over the timeline and make sure I was happy with everything. Marie also called me a few days prior to again make sure I was happy with everything and to ask if we needed to make any changes and how I felt, which I really appreciated. Nicole, our photographer called me 2 days prior to go over any details or specific photos I might like to have done. I felt very lucky to have such a competent team with good communication working together to help us. On our Wedding Day, I could not have been happier. Nicole got some great shots, and some artistic ones I wouldn't have ever thought of! Then we got to the reception, and I can not even describe how many people came up to me throughout the night telling me how fantastic our DJ, Vince, was. I whole heartedly recommend this company to anyone.

Sent on 06/21/2015

Melanie · Married on 06/20/2015

My husband and I used Soundwave for both DJ and Photography for our wedding. Marie and Derek were very professional and kept in great communication with us in order to make sure our wedding was exactly what we wanted. My husband's family has some drama and Marie found a way to take beautiful pictures of everyone without making it uncomfortable or obvious that everyone did not get along. Derek had high energy and really played to the crowd to keep everyone on the dance floor.

Sent on 06/26/2015

Lenny · Married on 06/05/2015

SoundWave provided our music, photography, and photo booth. They are top notch. They were very easy to work with and very accommodating. They are very reasonably priced and their pictures and music delivery were excellent. They responded quickly to all our inquiries.

I highly recommend using their services.

Sent on 07/11/2015

Melissa · Married on 05/15/2015

Soundwave was recommended to me by a close friend so I looked into them on wedding wire and found that they had excellent reviews! I made moves to book them and it wasn't long before I was contacted by Marie, who called me to ask if I had any questions, confirmed some details, and set us up with their client site. The client site was very easy to use and helped aide in planning our event! We could pick songs we had to hear, songs if there was time for them, and songs we didn't want to hear at all. It allowed us to plan a fun night while still allowing guests to make requests. We met with Matt a few weeks before the wedding where we went through our client document. We liked him instantly! He was easy to talk to and it was clear that he's passionate about his work. When all was said and done, he went above and beyond for us. On our wedding night, he exceeded our expectations. The music durning cocktail hour and dinner wasn't too loud, he had a lot of energy, and he kept the dance floor packed all night!!!!! Overall, we had a great time and highly recommend them!!!! You won't be disappointed!!!!

Sent on 05/26/2015

Heather · Married on 11/22/2014

Matt and Soundwave are awesome! From the very beginning it was so easy to communicate and plan with him and Marie! Their online planner is so convenient, especially for my husband and I who planned our wedding long distance! We could pick out songs, organize the night and make requests all online! The night of the wedding, soundwave did not only our reception music but our ceremony music as well- both were even better than we imagined! Matt was so fun and flexible working with us as we threw out ideas last minute! He kept the dance floor a giant party (liked we wanted) and people never stopped dancing! I didn't even eat any of our desserts or late night food because I didn't want to leave the dance floor! We got multiple compliments on the variety of music played and how the overall vibe was just a great time! At the end of our night , we even extended Matt so we could party for an extra hour, which he happily agreed to! Soundwave was a great choice!

Sent on 12/16/2014

What more can I say other that Matt and Marie are AMAZING!!!!! I couldn't have asked for more from these two.. Marie catered to my every need and paid close attention to detail, she treated me as if I was family and not just a client, she made me trust her and with that I had no worries about any of my photographs, when I wanted a specific picture she made sure that I was getting what I asked for. Marie made sure to capture every moment that I was not able to see, as all you brides know and brides to be you are thrown in one direction and then pulled into another, so you won't see everything that is happening around you, so having Marie as your photographer is the way to go!

Matt was our DJ for the night, I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. Matt was amazing with everything he did, I was not a picky Bride with music choice, I figure this is their job they know what to do and what to play so I went with my gut and let Matt do his own thing, and let me tell you he did not let me down one bit. He felt out the crowd that was dancing and played music based on us, not based on what he thought and that is exactly what I wanted, someone to understand the people and play how we would react to the music. And on top of it he was interacting with us and helped get people out on the dance floor.

All in all this company is the one to chose, you will not go wrong and love every minute of your experience.

Sent on 11/12/2014

Karen · Married on 10/17/2014

Marie took our photos and DJ Derek played the music. She did a fantastic job setting up which photos to take. Derek helped me finalize my decision on whic songs to play at every point. He also helped with the cocktail and dinner music.

Sent on 10/25/2014

Matt was such an amazing DJ! He knew exactly what songs to play to keep everyone dancing! He was so accommodating to our needs, even offered to let us use his cart so we could carry our wedding gifts out to our hotel room!! He just wants you and your guests to have the best time possible, and he really knows the music industry! You will not be sorry booking them! Great price too!

Sent on 12/02/2014

Deena · Married on 10/12/2014

Marie and Vince did an excellent job! Marie took the time to capture all the photos we wanted and then some. Vince was very outgoing and played all our favorite songs which kept us dancing to the end! Everyone had a fantastic time. We would highly recommend them to our friends.

Sent on 10/17/2014

Amanda · Married on 09/27/2014

Soundwave was amazing to work with! Everyone was so nice and super flexible to mine and my husbands needs/ wants for music and photography. Marie was energetic and so fun to work with! If you are looking for an awesome DJ and personable and sponky photographer this is the company to choose!! Also, the photo booth was a great hit with our guests! They were so accommodating when we wanted to add on another hour to everything! Two thumbs up! Cheers! The Browns!!

Sent on 09/28/2014

Brittany · Married on 09/13/2014

We were extremely happy with the DJ and Photographer. They did an excellent job and did everything we wanted them to do. Our photos turned out excellent and we were very surprised by how great the DJ was. They are great to work with. I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 09/15/2014

Jennifer · Married on 08/16/2014

Marie was the absolute best. I can say from the moment I met her at a wedding show I knew I liked her and wanted to work with her. She has a way of directing you without coming off as pushy or mean. Don't let her little size think she won't get the job done! Love my pictures I'm having the hardest time deciding which to enlarge now because they all are fantastic. She didn't let the rain ruin my mood and kept everyone going and on schedule.

Sent on 09/24/2014

Jill · Married on 08/02/2014

Matt, Marie and Joe were great to work with! They were all very professional. They handled everything very well. The dance floor was packed the whole night. Can't wait to see photos!

Sent on 08/03/2014

Vince from Soundwave was our DJ. He played a variety of music and kept the party going all night long. We even extended our package for the extra hour because so many people were still there dancing the night away. We also loved having the website login to create our schedule and playlists on our own time. Thank you for making our wedding night so fun!

Sent on 08/26/2014

Joanna · Married on 07/26/2014

I was a little nervous since I never actually met my DJ until I walked into my reception. But Matt was extremely professional, asked me a couple questions, and got the party going no problem. We had a blast!!

Sent on 08/10/2014

Matt and Marie were AWESOME!!!!! Marie took so many great photos and hiked up the gorge at Watkins Glen and climbed over wall to get the best angels! Matt keep the party going until the very very end. Jen kept very thing under control at the photo booth and made sure that me and my new husband got picutres. they all played a HUGH part in making our day one we will never forget!

Sent on 07/23/2014

Excellent service from the entire team. Marie did an awesome job assembling a great videographer, photographer, photo booth tech, and DJ for our wedding day. Each member of the team went out of their way to get to know my now husband and I, our preferences, and were super flexible. I loved George our DJ; he was super sweet checking in with me throughout the night, making sure I approved of all song choices. Our photographer Kim ended up being an honorary bridesmaid at one point, giving quick makeup tips while the girls and I got ready, and helping pin boutonnieres on the guys prior to the ceremony starting. She also did great keeping the guys in order, and captured some beautiful pictures. Soundwave definitely helped ease some stress from planning a wedding long distance.

Sent on 11/30/2014

Bea · Married on 07/18/2014

AMAZING!!! Matt & Marie and the best of the best. Professional, sweet and just plain GREAT at what they do. We had an amazing time & thank you SO MUCH!!

Sent on 08/06/2014

Ana · Married on 06/27/2014

Our Wedding was in June 2014. We could not have asked for a better DJ. DJ Matt was awesome, he was very attentive to all of our special song requests. By special song requests I mean Salsa and Latin Songs which not every DJ service had the flexibility to accommodate. Also Soundwave DJ has an extensive music selection on their online catalog, it made it so easy to go through the lists of popular songs and select for our playlist. This feature was something we really liked, we could log on and add songs anytime and plan the flow of our reception. Having Matt be not only our DJ but our MC was great; he was very energetic and kept our wedding guests dancing all night, he knew how to incorporate music to keep everyone dancing. There was never a dull moment. We give Soundwave DJ a 5 out of 5 rating, their service was awesome, very professional and accommodating. If you want to have a great party and keep dancing past midnight, we recommend Soundwave DJ. Thank you DJ Matt.

Sent on 01/07/2015

Allison · Married on 06/21/2014

Soundwave DJ and Photo was wonderful to work with as our DJ. Vincent was a great DJ and really catered to us and our guests. He played a great balance of music, while also playing the music we had requested. They have a very vast database of available music, which was one of the things I was looking for. They were also one of the most affordable, but I got the same services and quality that other DJ's were offering. Vincent called me ahead of time to go over the details, and even made sure to end my Dad and my Father Daughter dance song at the exact precise moment, since we had only choreographed a dance for a portion of the song. I would definitely recommend Soundwave to other couples!

Allie and Brad

Sent on 08/07/2014

John · Married on 06/07/2014

Words cannot explain how happy we were and still am about soundwave dj and photo. Matt and Marie are absolutley amazing. Matt had the dance floor full from the first song until the last dance and did any running around that we needed on top of what he had to do. Marie is the most amazing photographer I have ever seen and so caring and dedicated to her work!!!! ant occasion you have,,,,,soundwave is a must!

Sent on 06/09/2014