Soundwave DJ and Photo Reviews

242 | Buffalo, NY

242 Reviews for Soundwave DJ and Photo

Kelly · Married on 09/10/2016

We used soundwave for our videographer, di & photo booth. All of the staff was awesome. Our dj George was the best! He kept the dance floor packed all night long!

Sent on 12/20/2016

Kasey · Married on 09/03/2016

I would recommend any one of my family and friends to use Soundwave for their wedding! Working with Marie was super easy, she went through everything to set up and give us options to meet our needs/wants for our big day! She was so happy and showed great pride in her business/services to accommodate what we were looking for. Their online planning tool was super easy to use and definitely will help any bride stay organized as they plan which songs they do or do not want played on their big day. Our DJ was DJ Vince - he was an absolute hit at our wedding, he listened to what I had to say, took requests and kept the music going all night long, nobody left the dance floor! He was super friendly and fun and an absolute pleasure to work with! Jordan was our photobooth attendant and he was super awesome and friendly. I received nothing but compliments from both people who attended the wedding and the employees at the venue on how awesome the DJ was! Overall, great experience and addition to making my wedding beyond amazing! Many thanks!!

Sent on 09/06/2016

Ellen · Married on 08/27/2016

Vince was amazing! Easy to work with and extremely friendly!

Sent on 08/29/2016

Diana · Married on 08/21/2016

We couldn't have asked for a better DJ or photographer! Matt and Marie, y'all are wonderful! Marie was able to keep my wedding party on point for pictures and had some great ideas. Can't wait to see the outcome! Matt had the party going all night and played a killer playlist. I had multiple guests say that it was the best music they've ever heard played at a wedding! Woohoo! He really listened to what my music preference was for my guests and when something unexpected came up he made the crowd die with laughter! Great job y'all!

Sent on 08/22/2016

Jessica · Married on 08/13/2016

Soundwave was awesome! Just got married last weekend (8/13/16). Our dj was George, he very professional, organized, and made sure he had the right kind of music for every part of the evening. Once it got later in the night with people dancing he did not disappoint! Everyone chipped in to keep him playing longer. Marie was also wonderful to work with while in the planning stage, she was always available to ask any questions, and the online site you can use to pick out any of your music for the night was easy to use, I loved it! Would recommend them to anyone! :) and a great value !

Sent on 08/19/2016

Sara · Married on 08/07/2016

Matt was our DJ for our wedding 8/7/16 and we COULD NOT have gotten a better DJ. SERIOUSLY!!! Everyone at Soundwave has such an incredible energy and you can tell they love their job! Matt made us feel completely understood and at ease. He accommodated not only our financial needs, but our rather odd requests for music as well (we're hard core nerds, so movie/tv theme songs were a thing....) I think what made me love them even more was after our reception we found out at the beginning of the reception half of Matt's turntable had broke! Disaster you think? NOT at all! He flawlessly improv-ed all of our songs and 1. we had no clue until the night was over and 2. our guests were on the dance floor ALL NIGHT! They raved and raved about what a fab DJ we had and they've never had so much fun! Thank you Soundwave for being the BEST DJ's we ever could have asked for!!! <3

Sent on 10/18/2016

Catie · Married on 07/30/2016

Matt from Soundwave was absolutely amazing before, during and after our wedding. He pays extreme attention to detail, goes over the entire night with you and your fiancé', makes sure everyone is on the same page, and that the music you want to hear will be played. He can accommodates you to the highest degree. Once the reception came we had our dance floor full the entire night. People were raving about our music, DJ and saying how they've never danced so much at a wedding before. Matt made sure to play our "Must Plays" and it always seemed like he knew exactly what song to play and when. Look no further, if you're looking for a DJ who will make your wedding a memorable one.

Sent on 08/08/2016

Jenn · Married on 07/23/2016

Choosing Soundwave DJ and Photo was absolutely one of the best decisions we made in planning our wedding! We used Soundwave for photos and a photo-booth. Our only regret is that we did not also use them for DJ services (we had already booked with a family friend). Matt made sure that we had the perfect photo-booth graphic and was very accommodating.

Marie was so responsive and easy to talk to. She worked around my busy work schedule to make sure all my questions were answered. Marie was also very flexible because we live in Florida and had to do most of our communications via phone/email. Nelson was our second photographer and he was also absolutely amazing!! Both Marie and Nelson were completely organized and professional, and made our family and friends feel comfortable. They both had the ability to bring out everyone's personalities and get us excited about the pictures.

We received sooo many compliments from family and friends at the wedding about how amazing the photographers were which made them very excited to see the photos as well. And after we received the photos from Marie we were absolutely amazed and would not have changed a thing! I cannot say enough good things about Soundwave DJ and Photo and will definitely be using them in the future! If you want the most stress-free, organized, professional and fun photo experience for your wedding, I would 100% recommend Soundwave DJ and Photo!

Sent on 08/14/2016

I got my DJ, photographer and a photo booth with soundwave and it was great everyone was on point since they all work together everyone knows what is going on, they are super fun people they will be a great addition to your day not just some people you hired. They didn't push anything they didn't try to sell me on more than I needed. Matt DJed he was great he touched base with me on what to play and definitely gives good tips on what's going to keep the fun going. The photographs were great and they give you all your photos I've heard someplaces keep the rights to your pictures. Me and my husband don't really like taking pictures but we knew we had to suck it up but they knew we didn't like taking pictures so they got us doing everything that would get a good shot (without being pushy or anything) and were patient with us haha. I also knew I needed a photo booth and that was so much fun everyone loved it the attendant for the booth was fun as well. They are easy to get ahold of, they seem to just really love what they do, and the price was good too.

Sent on 09/01/2016

Kelly · event on: 07/19/2016

Soundwave DJ and Photo was exceptional. Very accommodating, Staff was friendly, DJ was on point with music and certainly enjoys what he does! Great quality of pictures from the photo booth. Thank you Soundwave!

Sent on 07/20/2016

Kelly · Married on 07/08/2016

We had Soundwave for videography. Stephanie and Brandon did a phenomenal job. They were friendly and really easy to get along with. They came up with some of the best ideas. We are so excited to see the final product that they develop.

Sent on 07/15/2016

Sarah · Married on 07/02/2016

Throughout the wedding planning process Soundwave DJ and Photo was always very responsive to any phone calls or emails. We planned our wedding from Rochester, NY and Marie made herself available to fit around our schedules. Their website made planning very easy. We used a few templates to help build and outline a playlist, plan the ceremony, and communicate what pictures we wanted. In all it took no more than a few hours to complete it all. Their organization and planning before helped make the actual wedding day go very smoothly. Both Marie and Matt kept us on schedule and made sure we were enjoying the day. They had the dance floor packed all night long because they were great at reading the crowd. So many people complemented Matt from Soundwave that night! It made us feel like our day was a real success!

Sent on 07/12/2016

Jessica · Married on 06/18/2016

Marie and Matt were outstanding. I couldn't have asked for better service or quality. Marie does an amazing job with taking beautiful photos. She took our engagement photos as well as our wedding day photos. Both times she was very quick to send us a link with all of our pictures. In addition to Marie doing an amazing job she is also a very friendly person and we loved having her at our wedding. Matt the DJ was awesome as well. Matt called me the week of the wedding and went over every detail for the wedding. He made sure he knew how to pronounce all of the wedding party's names, made sure he had a good song list from me to keep the dance floor going and he made sure I was comfortable the day of the wedding and not stressing. He also made sure we did not get behind with anything such as the dances, garter toss, bouquet toss etc. I was more than pleased with Soundwave. I would recommend this vendor to EVERYONE. I cannot stress enough how happy my husband and I are with how everything turned out. Our photos are beautiful. Marie made sure to get everyone family member combination perfect. And you could tell they absolutely love their jobs. Thank you again Soundwave.

Sent on 06/28/2016

Caroline · Married on 06/18/2016

Soundwave was wonderful to work with! Marie was so responsive any time I had questions, and was very flexible. Our DJ, George, kept people on the dance floor all night! All of our guests kept telling us what a great time they had. Thanks to the entire staff at Soundwave!

Sent on 06/13/2016

Heather · Married on 06/11/2016

We were so lucky to come across this husband and wife duo at the Pearl Street wedding show last April. We chose to add on the “Slo-Mo” booth to our package, and it was a huge hit! It was awesome that our guests could use the traditional photo booth feature, and also record short clips. We are looking forward to seeing the finished video from that! They had so many fun props for our guests to use, and the attendants were enthusiastic and willing to help in the fun! And our DJ was awesome! DJ Derek called early that week to confirm everything, get to know us, and really find out what we were looking for at our reception. He was such a lifesaver during the reception--very kindly reminding us when it was time for specific events like the father-daughter dance and entrances. But he was also very flexible and let the night flow! Music choice was awesome for us and our guests, and we can’t say enough about how much fun it was! Highly recommend this company!

Sent on 06/17/2016

Tiffany · Married on 06/10/2016

Soundwave DJ and photo were amazing! We were recommended to them by a coworker and I don't think there could have been a better choice. We met with Matt and Marie to talk about DJ and photobooth prices which were very reasonable. The atmosphere of the office was very relaxed and Matt and Marie gave us no pressure to sign with them. They even gave us some time alone to talk things over. The best thing is you can use their online portal to request songs and organize your timeline throughout the process. The day before the wedding Marie called to verify everything and have some suggestions on the final timeline. The wedding day couldn't have gone more smoothly. Dj Matt was there before we got there and all set up playing music for the cocktail hour and dinner. He checked in with us throughout the day to make sure the volume and the music choices were okay with us along with the timeline of the events. He kept people on the dance floor all night long! The music was great along with the lighting that we also added to our package. I can't tell you how many people told me the next week how sore they were from dancing all night! Awesome job Dj Matt! And as for the photobooth, I highly recommend it! The guests loved it and they even put together a book for us to take home that night! I would recommend soundwave to anyone getting married or in need of a Dj. Very satisfied!

-The Brinkmans <3
    June 10th 2016

Sent on 06/16/2016

Emily · Married on 06/04/2016

For our wedding this past weekend we used Soundwaves DJ services their photography as well as their photo booth. When we originally met with Matt it was just for music services. He was very flexible with setting up a meeting as my husband and I work opposite shifts. While talking with Matt we looked at some of their photo albums and decided we wanted Marie as our photographer. Their company has a couple djs and photographers all with their own style, we just happened to like the husband and wife duo. After signing our contract they set us up with an online account that kept us in touch with them and helped us plan out our day. Music forms of what to play what not to play all the special dances it made everything so easy. Photography forms that helped Marie know what she was getting into with our large families, and letting her know what pictures we wanted taken. Both of them helped keep us on track the day of the wedding. Making sure we did all the special events and getting all the photos we wanted no matter what. Matt kept our party going all night. I don't think there was ever anyone not dancing even my little ring bearer. The photo booth was a great idea! Everyone loved getting in there and being silly with the props. They even customized the print outs to match our theme! At the end of the night we got a book with all the pictures and guests were able to leave little notes next to them. I can not wait to see all ofor our wonderful pictures. Thankyou so much Matt and Marie! Soundwave is the best! Mr&Mrs.Palm

Sent on 06/07/2016

Nancy · Married on 06/03/2016

Just had our wedding last Friday, Marie and Matt from Soundwave DJ and Photo are the nicest people and helped make our wedding day perfect. They made the whole process leading up to the big day and during our wedding as smooth as possible. Marie took amazing engagement photo's of us and I can not wait to see our wedding pictures. I got a sneak peak and the few I saw looked stunning! Matt was a remarkable DJ. He kept everything at the reception rolling and the music was great. Our friends were on the dance floor all night! Thank you again Soundwave for everything. You are wonderful people, I will be sure to recommend you to anyone getting married in the future and I look forward to seeing you again soon!! Love Nancy and Mike.

Sent on 06/08/2016

Brandon · Married on 05/27/2016

Everything was run really smoothly by Soundwave. Any concerns we had were addressed immediately. Vince was a great DJ, highly recommended.

Sent on 06/07/2016

Jessica · Married on 05/21/2016

Great company. Very prompt and professional. Dj George did an amazing job. Kept the party going all night long. Everyone had a blast. Song selection and theme blended so well. Nicole did an amazing job with photos. She had great pose ideas and everything looked amazing.

Sent on 05/23/2016
  • User6759592 · event on: 05/14/2016

We used Soundwave for a Junior Prom and were so pleased with their services. The staff was very easy to work with, laid back, yet very accommodating. The students loved the music played, were engaged the whole evening, with no awkward down times. We highly recommend them!

Sent on 05/26/2016

Nancy · event on: 12/06/2015

I've used the services from Soundwave DJ and photo for a few years and have never been disappointed. We have used their DJ and photography services and also their photo booth. We had a holiday party this weekend and used their DJ services and they provided an online tool to choose our songs and timeline/agenda before the event. That tool was great for me as the organizer and everyone loved the dance song choices. Matt was our DJ and we really enjoy having him at our events and he is very professional and knows what songs to fill in outside of our choices. Everyone had a great time dancing and the dancefloor was never empty!

Sent on 12/08/2015

Nancy · event on: 10/30/2015

I have used Soundwave DJ and Photo for multiple corporate and private events each year for their DJ and music service, photography services and also their photobooth. This was the first time I used their videography services and had a great vidoegrapher named Brandon. He helped choreograph and vidoeotape our office dancing to the Thriller Dance in our main lobby after work. He was very patient and gave great directions to everyone to follow that night which was very much appreciated to help with our crazy dancing all night. The finished product was also delivered on time and turned out great!

Sent on 12/08/2015

Rebecca · Married on 10/10/2015

Hired Soundwave for our wedding reception and was extremely satisfied with their services. Ryan Howze was professional, pleasant to work with, and did an amazing job keeping an energetic, fantastic flow throughout the evening. Highly recommended!

Sent on 11/01/2015

Michelle · event on: 09/26/2015

Matt and Marie are awesome to work with, we highly recommend! :)

Sent on 09/28/2015