Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

75 Reviews for Soundsations Entertainment Services

4.7

Jim DJ'd our wedding at Inn at Perry Cabin on July 4th. He was very friendly, professional and responsive through out the planning process. He even provided us ahead of time with reception templates so that it was super easy to plan what matters most - THE PARTY! He played every song we loved and requested and was an excellent MC. I cannot recommend him highly enough! Thanks Jim and Soundsations!

Profile Picture Holly, 7/4/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

We worked with DJ Jim for our wedding at Morningside Inn. Jim truly has expertise in working with Morningside's unique layout. There was excellent communication between Jim and the staff at Morningside to ensure the wedding flowed. Jim was open to playing all types of music (including culturally traditional wedding songs) as well as giving his professional recommendations. He kept a great energy throughout the night and our guests complimented us on the playlist Jim designed. We truly give Jim a lot of credit for our wedding being such a fun time!

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/25/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We worked with Jim (who does a lot of close work with our venue, Morningside Inn), and he was great! We connected with him on a personal level, and he really did a lot of awesome stuff to help our wedding flow. Because of his close work with Morningside, he knew all the staff there already, and so communication was seamless. He was also super receptive to our desire to meet with him in person, and he played many of our desired songs (unfortunately, there wasn't enough time to play them all, and our guests had some odd requests - what do you do?). Our guests were also very happy with his included commentary - he kept it feeling like a party, and he was smiling and laughing along with everyone. Finally, he was very cost-effective - we are a very money-conscious couple, so that was important. Thanks Jim!

Profile Picture Samantha, 6/23/17, 9 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Ewok has done an amazing job with our prom at Rock Creek School for the past many years! Ewok and the entire Soundsations crew are awesome company to work with! I highly recommend them!!

Profile Picture Janet, 5/19/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jim and Andrew were great at our wedding - they had everyone out on the dance floor and our guests had a great time.

Profile Picture Camily, 11/26/16, 6 Reviews
4.7

DJ Ewok did an amazing job at our wedding in Lewes, Delaware. A a friend of ours had been a guest at en event DJ Ewok did last summer through Soundsations and we got his info. All I can say is he made our wedding on the beach and the reception amazing!!!! The ceremony and venue were a choice he recommended as well. We had a meeting about a month before the wedding to go over song lists, requests, bridal party names and a timeline. He got everything down and everything turned out great. We had all of our special songs and when we asked him to go with the flow, he did a great job of playing to the crowd to keep the party going and everyone on the dancefloor. He is of a kind, wild, fun and still professional . I can't thank my friends and family for helping us to find DJ Ewok !!

Profile Picture User7323488, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We absolutely loved working with them at our wedding. They did a fabulous job keeping everything moving and they were so professional. I was so happy that they had so many suggestions for music during our phone meeting because my husband and I don't know a ton about music for weddings. Probably our favorite vendor we booked for our wedding!

Profile Picture Lisa , 6/26/16, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

I absolutely loved sounsations! I got a good deal too because I was referred to him by a friend. Jim, our DJ, went above and beyond what I expected. We spoke on the phone before the wedding and he was very helpful when I was unsure of certain song choices, or the order things typically go in. I would definitely recommend Jim as a DJ! Jim even worked with my brother-in-law, the best man, so that he could throw us an amazing best man rap speech. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niQZgfOZfTY&t=10s

Profile Picture Kristen, 6/25/16, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

We were very happy with DJ Ewok's work at our daughter's wedding in April 2015, so much so that we have already booked him for our next daughter's upcoming wedding. He met all the specifications provided by the bride and groom, including finding several obscure and non-traditional songs that they had requested for various parts of the reception. All the music was seamlessly edited, and DJ Ewok had a nice CD of all their requests ready to give them on their wedding day. He made a point of meeting with every member of the wedding party to ensure that he would announce their names the way they wanted. He kept all the events flowing smoothly. When my daughter forgot to bring the special garter she had purchased for the garter throw, DJ Ewok had a selection of garters ready for her to pick from, including one in her wedding colors. We are looking forward to our next event with DJ Ewok.

Profile Picture User5380758, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We have used DJ Ewok for both of our daughters graduation parties. Not only did he have the best selection of music for the group, but he kept all the kids entertained for the entire party. He was very knowledgeable about the music, was super easy to work with and I will be using him again when our youngest graduates. Highly recommended.

Profile Picture User5374877, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
1.2

We booked the middle-level package through Soundsations for six hours. Several weeks before the wedding, I laid out an incredibly detailed document for the DJ. This document couldn’t have been clearer. After two very brief (less than 5 minutes) phone calls with the DJ, he insisted that everything made sense.

On the wedding day, the DJ was a disaster & unprofessional. Just a few of the more major problems we faced:
•The DJ didn’t play any music before the ceremony (which we paid for/included in our detailed list)
•5 minutes after our ceremony ended, the DJ approached us to tell us that he was going to skip cocktail hour music (which we paid for)
•He wasn’t properly set up for the reception, which took another 20 minutes. I want to stress that I was assured by Jim at Soundsations that the music would be continual and seamless from ceremony to cocktail hour to reception—which obviously was not the case at all.

We also faced a slew of minor problems that speak to the inexperience of the DJ:
•Didn’t pronounce names correctly for the wedding party entrance & didn’t even bother to ask everyone how to pronounce their names
•Disappeared during the mother/son dance (which he was told to fade at 2:20 in) so we awkwardly were stranded on the dance floor
•Skipped the second toast, started blaring music, announced dinner service, & everyone got up & went to the bar, while my Best Man was trying to give his toast.
•Skipped over the blessing, so again people got up & were talking while my dad had to awkwardly try to say a prayer.

We reached out to Jim immediately after. He was apologetic & offered a partial refund, but that refund never came. It’s honestly not about the money in this scenario – we paid for a DJ with experience, but it was evident that this DJ had experience mostly with playing clubs and bars, not weddings. We paid for about 1.5 hours of music that the DJ decided not to play – and we were not reimbursed, despite being told we would be.

Profile Picture Ben & Jim, 6/13/15, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

My husband and I just got married this past weekend and we had an AMAZING experience with Soundsations! We had Jim for our DJ and he was awesome. From our planning meeting to the wedding, he made us feel so relaxed and secure about everything so that we didn't have to worry about anything! During our reception, everything ran so smoothly. All the songs flowed so nicely together that there was never a lull on the dance floor! You wouldn't believe how many of our guests told us that it was one of the most fun weddings they had ever been to. We HIGHLY recommend Soundsations for your wedding or event!

Profile Picture Hannah, 4/11/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We went through Soundsations because they are affiliated with Morningside Inn. When we booked our wedding, we could get them at a discounted rate! The planning tools on their website were the most helpful in choosing our songs for the wedding. Almost every song was databased there, and you could sort them by song type (first dance, cake cutting, etc.) or even by the most requested!

Profile Picture User4697266, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jim went beyond and above his DJ duties!!! Our caterer was 2 hours late, him and the venue owner called every caterer they personally knew to see if anyone could make a emergency replacement. He was able to quickly and smoothly change the line of events and was the most professional DJ I have ever seen!!! By far the best quality DJ AS WELL! Please book him for your wedding, you will not be disappointed! He was outstanding.

Profile Picture User4483967, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Ewok really made our event a party! He worked with us ahead of time to discuss the play list and even made us a mix CD to take home. All of our guests from ages 6-65 had an awesome time! We couldn't have had a better event!

Profile Picture Sarah, 10/4/14, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Soundsations was wonderful! Mark was our DJ and he was so great with the guests! He even helped out on the dance floor when some of our guests didn't know the steps to a few group dances! All of the music was so easy to pick out online which really made our planning process easy. Mark was great about requests from our guests as well. It was very important to us that everyone was dancing and having a great time and thanks to Soundsations we had a unforgettable night!

Profile Picture User4436989, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Even though this was not a wedding, we wanted to leave a review here about DJ Ewok of Soundsations for the Frederick's In the Street event. DJ Ewok provided entertainment on our block and it was awesome! He is so interactive and knows how to work a crowd. It was a rainy day, but he came prepared and made sunshine out of rain. Thank you for helping out for a great day to celebrate Frederick.
-The Volt Entertainment Team

Profile Picture User4596557, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Dj ben&Dj Ewok Did a great job at are Bar Mitzvah, At Hollow Creek Golf club.They were both dressed to the 9s .And were vervy Interactive with all the kids.Lots of great giveways in there package.We as parents had as much fun as the kids did. Thanks to Dj Ben & Dj Ewok

Profile Picture Lara, 9/6/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Ewok of Soundsations was phenomenal! From start to finish, DJ Ewok made the process so easy and stress-free for us. He took our requests to heart and then we trusted him with the rest. Our wedding reception, which was at Morningside Inn, absolutely rocked. Our guests had so much fun; family members who we've never seen dance in public were out on the dance floor bustin moves! We wanted it to be a fun night for all and that's exactly what it was. Thank you so much DJ Ewok and Soundsations for a night to remember!!

Profile Picture User4385860, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Ewok was our Dj for my daughter's sweet 16 party. He was absolutely amazing! Her party was a success because of his ability to entertain, get the kids involved, and so much more!! We would definitely use him again! Thanks Ewok!!!

Profile Picture Beth, 6/12/14, 1 Review
1.0

Do not ever use Soundsations!! We had our wedding in April at a wonderful venue Baldwin's Station in Sykesville, MD. Unfortunately our DJ Ewok was a complete nightmare. Doing our first meeting we were very excited about Ewok he seemed like he was going to be great. My husband and I created a very organized spread sheet which listed everything we went over during our meeting. All the songs we wanted to be played, the order we would walk, etc. The day of he was so confused he actually announced the bridal party walking down the aisle!
The timing on the wedding was awful he seemed almost like he had never done a wedding. According to him he had done several at that venue! Several of our must play songs weren't played. The father daughter dance song needed to be shortened, but he didn't do that. He couldn't even read the peoples names when they were being introduced. One of my bridesmaids had to help him. It was truly a disaster.
After the wedding we contacted the owner, Jim. He seemed to feel terrible about what happened and said he would give us some money back. He even lied and told me a check was in the mail. It has now been 6 months since the event and he has ignored all further phone calls and emails from me.
In the end I wish we would have saved the $500 and made a mix ourselves. If you are even considering using them, I would think again and do it yourself!

Profile Picture User4133989, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Dj Ewok was our DJ. He was fantastic! He really engaged the guests and did well mixing up the music and announcing the events as they took place. We will definitely use him again with future events.

Profile Picture Sharon, 2/8/14, 1 Review
4.7

The DJ we were assigned from Soundsations (Gary) was great - we were able to communicate mostly via email (my preference) and received many compliments from our guests.

Profile Picture Diana, 11/24/13, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

Michelle was our DJ and she was wonderful!!! She was alwayts plesent, and got back to us very quick with any questions we had!!! She was very flexable as we made lots of last minute changes!!! LOVE HER!!!!

Profile Picture Katrina, 10/12/13, 5 Reviews
4.7

We used D.J. Soundsations for our wedding on Saturday, October 12, 2013. Jim was our D.J. for the night and he was AWESOME!! He did everything that we asked him to do and more and made our night so much fun! From our first meeting till the end he was always very easy to work with and had great prices. I'm really glad that we went with Jim and Soundsations to help us have a great party for our wedding. Thanks to them all at the company and we'll def. keep you in mind for future events!

Profile Picture Michelle, 10/12/13, 5 Reviews