Soundsational DJ Entertainment Reviews

101 | Newburgh, NY

101 Reviews for Soundsational DJ Entertainment

• Casey

Casey · Married on 09/05/2010

If you like someone who’s down to earth, easy going, then this is who you want. Soundsational Entertainment helped us the whole way from helping us pick songs to helping us find out what will work for everyone. The biggest thing we liked is you sit down with the owner Stevie and the day of the event you don’t get some young kid, you get Stevie, he handles everything him-self from day one. He knows a lot about all the different kinds of music, different style events, how to announce your party even when its tough he'll help you through it. He has all the newest top of the line gadgets. My husband doesn’t like to dance but he was on the floor all night long. Soundsational Entertainment is truly the best. The next event we have to plan and need a DJ we will defiantly be using Soundsational Entertainment.

Sent on 09/13/2010

Vanessa · Married on 06/26/2010

best decision ever was hiring this DJ, he was everything I expected and more!

Sent on 12/21/2010

Christine · Married on 05/22/2010

DJ Steve met us at a convenient location to discuss his services. He made us feel comfortable from the very beginning. He took the time to ask questions to get a sense of our personal stye. Although we had a pretty clear vision in our heads on how our special day would be, DJ Steve helped us on some grey areas. He provided guidance in making decisions, never did we feel any pressure. He was quick to respond to my e-mails and/or phone calls.
    DJ Steve provided music for our ceremony as well as our reception. He kept the party going and our guests enjoyed all the music played. DJ Steve looked and acted very professional at all times. We never thought we could afford a DJ as good as Steve but his prices were very reasonable.

Sent on 05/27/2010

Melissa · Married on 05/16/2010

Steve was our DJ at our wedding on 05/16/10 and he was great! We could not have asked for anyone better. The whole experience was great from start to finish. Guest that were at our wedding are still talking about how good of a dj he was! We would highly recomend to anyone that is looking for a good, professional, honest and fun DJ! Thank you Steve for making our day even more perfect!!
    Melissa & Patrick

Sent on 07/18/2010

Kristen & Dan · Married on 05/01/2010

We used Soundsational for our May 1,2010 wedding at the Poughkeepsie Grand. We don't have any complaints about him from the moment we booked him over a year ago until our wedding day... If I had any questions at all I emailed him and got a response in a very timely manner. He was very professional at our wedding.. the dance floor was full the whole reception and everyone had a great time. We would recommend Soundsational to any of our friends needing a Dj!! Thanks Steve!!!

Sent on 05/03/2010

Elisa · Married on 02/06/2010

Hi, Steve How are you?I just wanted to let you know that not only are you an honest and kind person (I am good @ picking up on those kinds of vibes. Lol.) But the best D.J. I have ever heard. Not only Your professionalism while working but how you made my daughter Alexandria’s “Sweet Sixteen” so enjoyable that no one wanted the party to end. Weeks after the party, when I would see Ally’s friends @ different school functions they would come up to me to thank me and tell me how much fun they had. I know how difficult it is when teenagers are all together to get a party going. Everyone usually waits for that first person to break the ice, get up, and dance before they begin to dance in fear of not being “cool”, but you had everyone going right from the very beginning until the end. My only regret is that we should have booked the party for a longer time.

Thank you so much again and take care…

Sincerely yours,

Elisa & Michael Feinman

Sent on 03/30/2010

Dianne · Married on 10/24/2009

Steve did a great job keeping everyone dancing all night long. He did not get into all the silly and cheesy games, costumes etc. that I don't like, just great music! He played everything I wanted and stayed away from what I don't like by working with us tp create the sound we wanted. A very genuine person, not one of the overly perky hyped up fakes.

Sent on 11/16/2009

Julia · Married on 10/17/2009

Soundsational DJ Entertainment did a great job at my wedding. My guests were on the dance floor all night and when my husband and I had to take some pictures we were wishing we were out on the dance floor too! We had a great time and I think that my friends and family will be talking about that night for a long time. Everyone says that the DJ makes the reception, and well Steve did just that. Thanks so much for everything!
    -Julia and Mark

Sent on 11/02/2009
  • F

Kaitlyn · Married on 10/11/2009

Stevie V was absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Every guest was on the dance floor the whole entire night...the music was excellent. Stevie is very professional, classy, and knows how to get the party started. I highly recommend Stevie V. as a DJ because every wedding should be the way our wedding was!!!!!

Sent on 04/06/2010

Amy · Married on 09/25/2009

Our DJ was awesome! He chose wonderful music and keep our crowd dancing the whole time. He was very responsive to every email or phone call we made and always got back to us immediately. I would recommend this DJ to everyone.

Sent on 09/28/2009

Regina · Married on 06/12/2009

We were very pleased with our DJs performance and how accomadating he was . It was very important to us to have a great DJ becasue great music sets the tone for a fun wedding and we left the song selections up to him and there was not a time that everyone was out on the dance floor having fun. We would both recommend Soundsational Dj to anyone holding an event.

Sent on 06/28/2009

Stacie · Married on 02/14/2009

I loved Soundsational DJ. He was the best an it really was a party. Thank you DJ Steve. I had a blast.

Sent on 02/16/2009

Samantha · Married on 10/18/2008

We had a wonderful experience with our dj.

Sent on 02/12/2009
  • F

Elizabeth · Married on 10/04/2008

DJ Steve was great! His song selection was unmatched and was completely willing to work with us for original song choices. We had a double wedding, and his attitude and sense of humor had the entire party just flowing perfectly! I'd recommend him to anyone in a heart beat!

Sent on 10/14/2008

Julie · Married on 07/26/2008

Steve did a wonderful job as our wedding DJ. All of our guests were raving about how fantastic and fun the music and dancing was. We couldn't have made a better choice!

Sent on 02/19/2009

Vanessa · Married on 06/27/2008

Soundsational DJ Entertainment was fabulous! We met DJ Steve at a bridal expo and shortly after we decided to book him for our wedding. As soon as we met, he made us feel that we were important and he really wanted to make our day very special. We booked well in advance because we wanted to be sure he was the one! A few weeks before our wedding we were in contact finalizing our ceremony and reception music. He was very timely with responding to phone calls and emails. I would highly recommend Soundsational DJ Entertainment to anyone wanting a great reception DJ.

Sent on 03/05/2009

Kristina · Married on 04/26/2008

DJ Stevie V. from Soundsational DJ Entertainment made our wedding fun and memorable! We have received so many compliments on the the music that was played, and the professionalism that he showed! He worked with us from the very beginning and was extremely open to suggestions! Our whole dance floor was full and moving from the beginning to the end of our wedding- which is what every couple hopes for. We could not say enough about Soundsational DJ Entertainment and would highly recommend them!!!

Sent on 02/15/2009

Cheryl · Married on 08/14/2016

Steve was so great to work with! He was easy to contact and always happy to discuss any concerns. He had us complete a survey about our music preferences so the day of our wedding our music truly reflected our taste. Our guests danced all night long! I had many guests comment on how great the DJ was and how much fun the music was. Steve also showed a great poker face all night long. If there were any problems he handled them and never let us see it- he was sure to help it be the best day for us! You will not regret booking Steve!

Sent on 08/28/2016
  • O

Olivia · Married on 04/30/2016

Steve was referred to us by our wedding planner, and I'm so grateful he was because he was AWESOME!! We live in NC and our wedding was in NY, so we relied heavily on our planner to find us great vendors, and she definitely pulled through with recommending Soundsational DJ!

Steve sent us a form to fill out for all the music we wanted at the wedding (first dance, father/daughter, mother/son dance, etc) and the whole wedding party's names. Then we jumped on a call a few days before the wedding just to make sure we were all on the same page. We had a pretty good mix of young adults and old Italians at our wedding, and EVERYONE had a blast!! We told him our favorite artists were Taylor Swift and Train, and he played a bunch of them during the reception which was great!

We were originally going to book ceremony musicians through Soundsational DJ, but Steve couldn't commit to them because the musicians he uses weren't sure if they'd be available or not. That part was a little frustrating, but we appreciate that he didn't have us sign a contract and pay for them before he knew if they could do it or not.

We added uplighting to our package months after we booked Soundsational, and Steve sent us over a revised contract pretty timely, and we felt comfortable that we were all on the same page.

Steve had an assistant with him who was taking some videos of the night, and sent me a link to the video he put together the week after our wedding! It was nice to have some footage from the day so soon after it happened! That was unexpected but such a great surprise!

Overall, Steve was really amazing, all of our guests loved the music, and we would definitely recommend Soundsational DJ to any couples in the market for an awesome DJ!

Sent on 05/15/2016

Arianne · Married on 09/05/2014

DJ Steve was extremely professional, affordable and helpful.

The photo booth was a worth every cent. The guests loved it and it was nice to have a copy of all the silly pictures.

Lighting and monogram was great!

My only feedback is I wish that they didn't use the front and back of the pages so I could adjust it to my liking although it was done well.

I also wish I was more specific on what songs, artists that would have liked to hear.

Sent on 09/14/2014

Lurline · Married on 05/16/2014

I agree with the previous reviews. My husband and I renewed our vows celebration 40 years of marriage. We hired Steve to play at our reception. It was awesome. There was always someone on the dance floor, it was never empty. Thank you Steve for making my reception a memorable one. Before you hire a DJ make sure you meet with Steve he will help you he listens and he is very pleasant to talk to. We also had the slide show which was wonderfully put together. I would definitely use him again. Thank you Steve

Sent on 06/05/2014
  • Y

Yili · Married on 07/10/2010

4.2
      3.0

Steve wasn't available which was a shame, so he had Oni who works with him DJ for us. Everything went well except for the one thing - halfway through the first dance song, it stopped - leaving us silent and dead on the dancefloor - it then changed to some fast song, before replaying the first dance song again from the start. It was so awkward and the one thing that shouldn't be stuffed up. This is what drove down our quality of service rating. Otherwise everything ok.

Sent on 12/29/2010

Soundsational DJ Entertainment's reply:

Unfortunately, the technical issue was created by interfacing the groom's ipod with our sound system. A last minute decision was made to change the grand entrance song. Although we were prepared with the song that was originally chosen, we did not have the song they wanted to change it to.

In an effort to accommodate the couple's last minute request, we hooked up the groom's ipod to our system to play the new grand entrance song off it. We then went into the first dance. During the first dance, Oni made the decision to disconnect the ipod as it was no longer needed. In doing so, his DJ mixer automatically switched inputs as it recognized that hardware was added or removed.

That was the reason that it jumped to a faster song. Our crew quickly realized the issue and reset the first dance song. Though we truly apologize for any inconvenience, it was merely our attempt to accommodate a list minute change that caused the issue at hand.
  • Alison

Alison · Married on 10/08/2016

We recently used Soundsational for our wedding on 10/8/16 at West Point on the military base. Mike was great from the start. Due to having somewhat of a destination wedding (we live in Boston), we used Skype and telephone for all consultations. Mike was great on the phone beforehand and really helped us carry out everything that we wanted. We had a lot of special requests, which all were completed. Everyone had a great time at the reception...we wished it could have been longer. We did the basic package which was just enough for us! Would definitely recommend to others!

Sent on 10/27/2016

Lauren · Married on 10/05/2013

3.8
      3.5

Steve was great and his service wad good as well. My only complaint was that I would of preferred a little more older 60s 70s type of music but everyone did dance

Sent on 10/12/2013

Angelina · Married on 03/09/2012

3.4
      2.5
      3.0

We really liked our DJ, Steve. He was the DJ for our friends wedding, and we had an awesome time. During the planning, he really worked with us, and found songs for us, changed things around for us, and was just really there for us. However, I feel that at the actual wedding day, he wasn't the best - like we had thought. We had gotten a REALLY good deal with him, so I guess you get what you pay for. I feel like he didn't really play good songs that got people up and out of their seats. He had someone with him - who did most of the DJing and we weren't aware of this person being there. Steve just kind of hung out in the background and directed this other kid on what to play and how to DJ our wedding. I was a little disappointed. I feel like for a sweet 16 - he would have been ideal. I would recommend him for a sweet 16.

Sent on 04/01/2012